Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Gerken and Bart are going 00:28 - May 8 with 20063 viewspabloisgod

Gerks released and Bart has asked for a transfer

News from the end of season dinner

New goalkeeper then ..
So Gerken and Bart are going on 11:57 - May 8 with 3464 viewsportmanking

So Gerken and Bart are going on 11:50 - May 8 by MrTown

Myself and Trequarista said the exact same a couple of days ago, releasing Gerken is fine if Bart is staying, but if Bart is leaving, keeping Gerken would be the sensible decision even as a number 2 for new younger no.1.

If both leave it is incredibly naive.

It's not naive in the slightest? Bart and Gerken aren't the only two goalkeepers that will be in the market for a club this summer.

If Lambert feels the GK area needs freshening up and to save wages, so be it.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 12:22 - May 8 with 3368 viewsNazemariner

No problem with Bart leaving.

He is a top goalkeeper, and in general has been outstanding for us over the past few seasons, but if we can bring in some funds, and reduce the wage bill by perhaps up to 15k a week, then it makes perfect sense.

Would hope that we'd keep Gerken if this were to be the case.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 12:42 - May 8 with 3295 viewsSouperJim

So Gerken and Bart are going on 12:22 - May 8 by Nazemariner

No problem with Bart leaving.

He is a top goalkeeper, and in general has been outstanding for us over the past few seasons, but if we can bring in some funds, and reduce the wage bill by perhaps up to 15k a week, then it makes perfect sense.

Would hope that we'd keep Gerken if this were to be the case.

For me they both have their flaws, Bart is clearly the superior keeper when in-form, but neither have been this season. Chambers was having kittens on Sunday with Bart slow to come off his line and sweep up / collect the ball and that was Barts best performance for some time. His kicking is also atrocious much of the time. The fact McCarthy used to constantly praise him up to keep him in the shop window has little baring on his value today.

Hanging on to either presents a risk for me and I certainly see no reason to keep both in League One. It'd be tough to lose Bart for peanuts when he was such a saleable asset not so long ago, but if he can't recapture his form then he could be a liability next season. If we have released Gerks, I'd like to see a new keeper come in and Bart going out on loan to try and get him back on track. We could always recall or even sell him in January depending on how the land lies.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So Gerken and Bart are going on 13:04 - May 8 with 3216 viewsGarv

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:44 - May 8 by No9

As far as BVart is concerned his best bet would be to stick with ITFC to regain his form making him a saleable asset. That could also get him an upward move a+ a wage increase.
After this season - which I consider either a freak OR his playing career is over - he would not command much of a fee BUT to go out and buy a GK when you have no 1st team GK on the books is asking to get ripped off on a transfer fee

I think people are underestimating how much demand Bart would be in. He'd still be a useful addition to any Championship squad. Some as a first choice and some to challenge.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So Gerken and Bart are going on 13:08 - May 8 with 3205 viewsGarv

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:44 - May 8 by No9

As far as BVart is concerned his best bet would be to stick with ITFC to regain his form making him a saleable asset. That could also get him an upward move a+ a wage increase.
After this season - which I consider either a freak OR his playing career is over - he would not command much of a fee BUT to go out and buy a GK when you have no 1st team GK on the books is asking to get ripped off on a transfer fee

I think people are underestimating how much demand Bart would be in. He'd still be a useful addition to any Championship squad. Some as a first choice and some to challenge.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So Gerken and Bart are going on 13:11 - May 8 with 3200 views44_not_out

So Gerken and Bart are going on 11:50 - May 8 by PJH

I think the problem could be that he was playing in front of 10 players, goalkeeper would probably be better playing behind them.

Fair point 🤦🏼‍♂️
So Gerken and Bart are going on 13:58 - May 8 with 3122 viewshoppy

So Gerken and Bart are going on 13:08 - May 8 by Garv

You can say that again.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So Gerken and Bart are going on 14:15 - May 8 with 3068 viewsVaughan8

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:40 - May 8 by Garv

I always fail to believe footballers actually use that phrase.

I'm worried why no-one has questioned why he is eating in Nando's. Glorified KFC!
Login to get fewer ads

So Gerken and Bart are going on 14:18 - May 8 with 3055 viewsVaughan8

So Gerken and Bart are going on 13:04 - May 8 by Garv

Surely if his wages are as high as people say, surely he wouldn't be a backup GK for a championship team?

Though I have no clue what these teams who have come down can afford. Maybe they can.

I wouldn't think he would be happy to be a challenger. Surely he would want to be 1st choice
So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:22 - May 8 with 2943 viewsActionMan

So Gerken and Bart are going on 06:19 - May 8 by tractorgirls

TWTD Does it's usual 'yeah, he's rubbish' whenever someone wants to leave the club. Bar this season, Bart has been absolutely outstanding for us.

The classic line is "a good bit of business" whenever we sell key players, like Webster, Waghorn, Garner... Murphy... Mings... Cresswell...

Yeah brilliant business mate, we're in the third fkn division.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:34 - May 8 with 2922 viewsPhilTWTD

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:34 - May 8 by No9

If Bart had wind of another club being interested in him he would have kept quiet & taken his % of the transfer / sign on fees (s)?

Indeed, he's not made a transfer request as far as I'm aware. Whether he'd be interested in a move to a Championship club if one came up is a different thing. I'm sure he would for his international prospects as much as anything and I'm sure he's made the club aware of that, although I'm sure they would have realised anyway.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:36 - May 8 with 2907 viewsblueconscience

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:08 - May 8 by TractorCam

A year ago we were all buzzing that we turned down Birmingham's £3 offer for him to sign a new contract here, now he's rubbish!

No one said he is rubbish, they just said he has had a poor season compared to the previous seasons.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:37 - May 8 with 2904 viewsbontcho

So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:34 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, he's not made a transfer request as far as I'm aware. Whether he'd be interested in a move to a Championship club if one came up is a different thing. I'm sure he would for his international prospects as much as anything and I'm sure he's made the club aware of that, although I'm sure they would have realised anyway.

He's likely to have some sort of automatic price we have to accept now we're relegated, right? That's the usual trade for having a large wage drop for relegation, isn't it?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:43 - May 8 with 2886 viewsPhilTWTD

So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:37 - May 8 by bontcho

He's likely to have some sort of automatic price we have to accept now we're relegated, right? That's the usual trade for having a large wage drop for relegation, isn't it?

Possible, but not heard that that's the case.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:48 - May 8 with 2871 viewsSomethingBlue

So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:34 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Would have to think his international time has been and gone now — the lad he displaced last summer is now playing regularly in Serie A and there's another really good young guy getting rave reviews at Empoli too. Bart is now fifth choice basically and I think he'll need PL football, which isn't going to happen now really, to improve on that. Given how settled his family are I wonder if it simply makes sense to stick with Town and try to get us back to our old level.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So Gerken and Bart are going on 17:07 - May 8 with 2826 viewsPhilTWTD

So Gerken and Bart are going on 16:48 - May 8 by SomethingBlue

Would have to think his international time has been and gone now — the lad he displaced last summer is now playing regularly in Serie A and there's another really good young guy getting rave reviews at Empoli too. Bart is now fifth choice basically and I think he'll need PL football, which isn't going to happen now really, to improve on that. Given how settled his family are I wonder if it simply makes sense to stick with Town and try to get us back to our old level.

You may well be right on the international front, although he may not necessarily see it that way, of course, even if he does come across as level-headed and not someone with an overly developed regard for his own ability.

Agree, I don't think he'd be too unhappy to see out the season - probably as long as it is a single season in League One - but equally would probably take the right move if it came along in order to stay in the Championship.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 20:22 - May 8 with 2698 viewsbackwaywhen

So Gerken and Bart are going on 00:30 - May 8 by itfcbam

Tbh not too gutted. Bart has been poor this season. I think we have an inflated opinion of him which isn't matched away from the club. Yes he makes some good saves but for my liking, even before this season he is prone to conceeding too many goals that you look and think could he have done better. at least if he asks for the move we don't have to pay him off.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 0:35]

Have you seen the players just in front of him !
So Gerken and Bart are going on 20:40 - May 8 with 2678 viewsBluefish

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:28 - May 8 by geg1992

When I spoke to Bart it sounded like the complete opposite as his family are so settled here.

Gerken on the other hand was an arrogant sod, got pissed off his face and was so rude, no professionalism whatsoever. He has a contract lined up at another club he said. Not sure who.

When I bumped into pitman after the forest game when he told me he was leaving, Gerken was with him and came across really badly. Both of them seemed to just be f***ing off after the game like they didn't care. The difference was pitman knew he had gone but they both seemed like they didn't want to be part of the club. In contrast chambers spent absolutely ages mixing with both sets of fans and at one point managed to get locked out from the players side

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So Gerken and Bart are going on 20:45 - May 8 with 2667 viewsMaySixth

Shame.

Bart would be an excellent League One keeper.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 21:13 - May 8 with 2619 viewspointofblue

I thought Bart was happy and settled in the area? That’s a shame if he’s asked to go and it means Lambert is going to have to fill another position with one, possibly two, new signings. I sense a loanee in the offing. It does seem daft to release Gerken if Bart isn’t hanging around.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024