Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Gerken and Bart are going 00:28 - May 8 with 20068 viewspabloisgod

Gerks released and Bart has asked for a transfer

News from the end of season dinner

New goalkeeper then ..
So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:41 - May 8 with 6277 viewsMrTown

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:30 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

Gerken is a tool. Remember seeing him in Nando’s once and he was giving it all the ‘do you know who I am’ card when the place was rammed and they couldn’t seat him or his couple of kids for 20 minutes or so. They eventually gave in to him as well.

Do you know who I am

Back up Goalkeeper at Ipswich Town and he's saying "do you know who I am".

That cracked me up big time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:42 - May 8 with 6275 viewsMrTown

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:28 - May 8 by geg1992

When I spoke to Bart it sounded like the complete opposite as his family are so settled here.

Gerken on the other hand was an arrogant sod, got pissed off his face and was so rude, no professionalism whatsoever. He has a contract lined up at another club he said. Not sure who.

I heard that Bart wants to retire here, won't be moving his family etc and will return to live in Ipswich whenever his playing days are done.

So his family may be settled but he could be looking for one more contract for 2/3 years and will rent a place wherever he moves etc.

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:59 - May 8 with 6202 viewsWD19

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:42 - May 8 by MrTown

I heard that Bart wants to retire here, won't be moving his family etc and will return to live in Ipswich whenever his playing days are done.

So his family may be settled but he could be looking for one more contract for 2/3 years and will rent a place wherever he moves etc.

His confidence is shot. His wages are high. If he retains any hope of playing for his country again he can't be playing in the English 3rd division. A 'fresh start' in the form of at least a loan somewhere else for a season might suit all parties if (and its a big if) one can be found.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:03 - May 8 with 6188 viewschicoazul

Always so surprised at how many of our Brexity fans go on about how loved Bart is and how they have heard he wants to stay in Ipswich forever etc.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:19 - May 8 with 6118 viewsBlueBadger

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:22 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

He’s massively over rated by sections of our support though. He’s good, but not as good as some make him out to be. The problem with us as a club, is that he’s virtually priceless to us because of how he had been for 2/3 years previous to this year. But if we had the option to sell and it was guaranteed (unlikely I know), that we’d reinvest the money, we would certainly find a better keeper out there.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 7:26]

*yawn*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:40 - May 8 with 6037 viewsGarv

Gerken is a tool. Remember seeing him in Nando’s once and he was giving it all the ‘do you know who I am’ card when the place was rammed and they couldn’t seat him or his couple of kids for 20 minutes or so. They eventually gave in to him as well.

I always fail to believe footballers actually use that phrase.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:42 - May 8 with 6022 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:42 - May 8 with 6018 viewsBlueBadger

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:40 - May 8 by Garv

Nobody actually does.

Login to get fewer ads

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:43 - May 8 with 6019 viewsKieran_Knows

Got no reason to make it up mind, and I was surprised to hear it. As I say, they did bump him up the queue much to the dismay of others who were already waiting, but I only heard it as I was already seated by the door.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:43 - May 8 with 6012 viewsKieran_Knows

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:19 - May 8 by BlueBadger

*yawn*

Here he is. You got some cr*p joke to make about Beattie again today?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:44 - May 8 with 5999 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kris Boyd had a reputation for saying it when he was at Rangers.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:47 - May 8 with 5985 viewsMrTown

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:59 - May 8 by WD19

His confidence is shot. His wages are high. If he retains any hope of playing for his country again he can't be playing in the English 3rd division. A 'fresh start' in the form of at least a loan somewhere else for a season might suit all parties if (and its a big if) one can be found.

Maybe a loan, would be strange but not unheard of.

Can see him just leaving for 2/3 years and retiring in Ipswich, I think people misunderstand the difference between him loving Ipswich and loving Ipswich Town FC.

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:52 - May 8 with 5947 viewsHeathlander

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:42 - May 8 by BlueBadger

Nobody actually does.

Seb Coe tells a story that when he was Chairman of the Olympic Committee he went to the athletics meeting at Crystal Palace. He went to go in to an entrance guarded by a Steward. The Steward refused him entrance and said he had to go to an entrance the other side of the stadium.
Seb Coe says to him "Do you know who I am?"
The Steward responds, "Yes you're Sebastion Coe. So it shouldn't take you that long to get round the other side".
I like that story.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:56 - May 8 with 5924 viewsmonty_radio

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:41 - May 8 by MrTown

Do you know who I am

Back up Goalkeeper at Ipswich Town and he's saying "do you know who I am".

That cracked me up big time.

Unless being no more than a back-up for a relegated side has led to an identity crisis that needs affirmation i.e. does anyone know who I am? Can this really be me?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:16 - May 8 with 5851 viewsvanmunt

So Gerken and Bart are going on 09:56 - May 8 by monty_radio

Unless being no more than a back-up for a relegated side has led to an identity crisis that needs affirmation i.e. does anyone know who I am? Can this really be me?

Yeah, you're Dean Gherkin.. please don't drop your chicken on the way back to your table.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:24 - May 8 with 5809 viewsflimflam

Bart is a top keeper who has had a poor season the same as everyone else and that does not make him a bad players as we all know how good he can be when he is on it.

However we could easily get a top keeper on loan from a premiership clubs and free up Barts wages which would I guess cover wages for 2 or 3 players at league one.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:25 - May 8 with 5803 viewsNo9

Letting both keepers go is not a good idea.
DG has not been up to it for a few seasons while Bart shone with accoldades as the best GK in the division. There is a question as to whether or not he can regain the form which brought those accolades the enxt question is whether he will take the pay drop.

If there isn't a 1st team GK in waiting at PR a good one will cost good money
So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:30 - May 8 with 5780 viewsArnieM

Bart has asked for a transfer has he ? Well surprise, surprise, not!

I’m actually very happy if this is the case. We clearly can’t afford players on high wages in league one. But I find it amusing that these players are often so full of BS. What’s happened to the “ my family and I love the area, and will still be here after I’ve retired”. I just wish players would try to be a little more honest and insult our intelligence. I suspect Bart has got wind of another Club’s interest in him.

Good luck to him and Gerken, but as Lambo has stated, “ no player is leaving this Club on the cheap”. How refreshing to have a manager that states that .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:34 - May 8 with 5761 viewsNo9

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:30 - May 8 by ArnieM

Bart has asked for a transfer has he ? Well surprise, surprise, not!

I’m actually very happy if this is the case. We clearly can’t afford players on high wages in league one. But I find it amusing that these players are often so full of BS. What’s happened to the “ my family and I love the area, and will still be here after I’ve retired”. I just wish players would try to be a little more honest and insult our intelligence. I suspect Bart has got wind of another Club’s interest in him.

Good luck to him and Gerken, but as Lambo has stated, “ no player is leaving this Club on the cheap”. How refreshing to have a manager that states that .

If Bart had wind of another club being interested in him he would have kept quiet & taken his % of the transfer / sign on fees (s)?
So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:35 - May 8 with 5754 viewsskyblue23

What I find even more surprising than Bart asking for a transfer is the amount of people who have just decided this is true!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:37 - May 8 with 5729 viewsArnieM

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:34 - May 8 by No9

If Bart had wind of another club being interested in him he would have kept quiet & taken his % of the transfer / sign on fees (s)?

Ah yes good point, number 9. I hadn’t considered that.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:44 - May 8 with 5701 viewsNo9

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:37 - May 8 by ArnieM

Ah yes good point, number 9. I hadn’t considered that.

As far as BVart is concerned his best bet would be to stick with ITFC to regain his form making him a saleable asset. That could also get him an upward move a+ a wage increase.
After this season - which I consider either a freak OR his playing career is over - he would not command much of a fee BUT to go out and buy a GK when you have no 1st team GK on the books is asking to get ripped off on a transfer fee
So Gerken and Bart are going on 11:42 - May 8 with 5588 views44_not_out

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:35 - May 8 by skyblue23

What I find even more surprising than Bart asking for a transfer is the amount of people who have just decided this is true!

A mate of a mate’s next door neighbour had his car fixed by someone who has a mate who went to the end of season dinner.

I love it how people read something on here and all of a sudden it’s gospel.

The fact he is allegedly taking around a 50% pay cut would suggest this is being taken into account in the budget for next season.

3 x POTY suggests he’s decent. However, playing in front of 10 players who struggle to score and subsequently crumble defensively would be difficult for any GK!
So Gerken and Bart are going on 11:50 - May 8 with 5552 viewsPJH

So Gerken and Bart are going on 11:42 - May 8 by 44_not_out

A mate of a mate’s next door neighbour had his car fixed by someone who has a mate who went to the end of season dinner.

I love it how people read something on here and all of a sudden it’s gospel.

The fact he is allegedly taking around a 50% pay cut would suggest this is being taken into account in the budget for next season.

3 x POTY suggests he’s decent. However, playing in front of 10 players who struggle to score and subsequently crumble defensively would be difficult for any GK!

I think the problem could be that he was playing in front of 10 players, goalkeeper would probably be better playing behind them.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 11:50 - May 8 with 5548 viewsMrTown

So Gerken and Bart are going on 10:25 - May 8 by No9

Letting both keepers go is not a good idea.
DG has not been up to it for a few seasons while Bart shone with accoldades as the best GK in the division. There is a question as to whether or not he can regain the form which brought those accolades the enxt question is whether he will take the pay drop.

If there isn't a 1st team GK in waiting at PR a good one will cost good money

Myself and Trequarista said the exact same a couple of days ago, releasing Gerken is fine if Bart is staying, but if Bart is leaving, keeping Gerken would be the sensible decision even as a number 2 for new younger no.1.

If both leave it is incredibly naive.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024