Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should I vote for? 13:57 - May 7 with 24512 viewsSpruceMoose

Got a notification through in the post yesterday that I'll be receiving a European election postal vote in the next week or so. I genuinely have no idea who I will vote for at this point.

Members of TWTD here's your chance to gain an extra vote for your party of choice. Convince me. Who are you voting for and why!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who should I vote for? on 14:38 - May 8 with 1978 viewsflimflam

Who should I vote for? on 14:04 - May 8 by m14_blue

I like how you start your post by moaning about people labelling those who disagree with them as bigots and racists, then end it by calling people who don't agree with you bigots and fascists.

And as expected here come the Spruce fan club to shout down any naysayers.

I have no problem with others viewpoints and was just pointing out that what certain posters accuse others of being is in fact themselves they are describing.

Not that difficult love.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 14:43]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who should I vote for? on 14:40 - May 8 with 1967 viewsfooters

Who should I vote for? on 14:04 - May 8 by m14_blue

I like how you start your post by moaning about people labelling those who disagree with them as bigots and racists, then end it by calling people who don't agree with you bigots and fascists.

I thought these peeps were part of the "Everybody's allowed an opinion" crew?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who should I vote for? on 14:42 - May 8 with 1965 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:38 - May 8 by flimflam

And as expected here come the Spruce fan club to shout down any naysayers.

I have no problem with others viewpoints and was just pointing out that what certain posters accuse others of being is in fact themselves they are describing.

Not that difficult love.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 14:43]

Oh lawd, you're not going to have another blub about being bullied are you?

The 'just telling it like it is' gang really are the biggest bunch of thin skinned crybabies out there.

I'm sure if there's any merit to what you are saying, and you are being cruelty victimised for supporting the Brexit party, a whole host of reasonable, non Brexit party supporting posters will be along to back you up anytime now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Who should I vote for? on 14:44 - May 8 with 1957 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:40 - May 8 by footers

I thought these peeps were part of the "Everybody's allowed an opinion" crew?

Only when it's within the confines of their echo chamber. Any other post which pricks their extremely thin bubble is met by gnashing of teeth and wailing that they are being bullied.

They really are the 'Just telling it to ourselves how it is' gang.

Who should I vote for? on 14:47 - May 8 with 1948 viewsflimflam

Who should I vote for? on 14:42 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Oh lawd, you're not going to have another blub about being bullied are you?

The 'just telling it like it is' gang really are the biggest bunch of thin skinned crybabies out there.

I'm sure if there's any merit to what you are saying, and you are being cruelty victimised for supporting the Brexit party, a whole host of reasonable, non Brexit party supporting posters will be along to back you up anytime now.

I have no problem with reasonable debate my pedigree chum its you who is the fool who always seems to be on a wind up antagonising people.

I am not a victim and you can try to bully me if you want but god luck with that one!

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who should I vote for? on 14:54 - May 8 with 1926 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:47 - May 8 by flimflam

I have no problem with reasonable debate my pedigree chum its you who is the fool who always seems to be on a wind up antagonising people.

I am not a victim and you can try to bully me if you want but god luck with that one!

Why did you blub about being bullied then?

Grow up. In real life, adults have their opinions challenged, not automatically respected.

Who should I vote for? on 14:55 - May 8 with 1920 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyway, back to the original point of the thread that FlipFlop unfortunately derailed.

I checked out the Green party for East of England. Pretty heavy Norwich representation there. Willing to overlook that this time round though

Who should I vote for? on 15:06 - May 8 with 1902 viewsballycastle

Who should I vote for? on 14:08 - May 7 by Herbivore

Green. They are pro-Europe, pro-environment, left of centre economically. It's an easy choice.

You would vote for a party that wishes to impose tariffs on EU trade? Goodness me that would be a disaster wouldn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

Who should I vote for? on 16:24 - May 8 with 1858 viewsyorkshireblue

Remain voter here, who is inclined to think we should leave the EU. My view is that I firmly believe that remaining is better for the country, however we can't keep having elections until we get the result we want.

Going back to the original question, this thread got me to have a look at my candidates - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48081687- and in all likelihood either the Greens or The Yorkshire Party - https://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/.

I don't know much about the latter if I'm honest, but the quick five minutes I spent on the website intrigues me, so will look to find out more. Although, not coming from Yorkshire (Ipswich born and raised) I don't have a streak of Yorkshire 'nationalism' that so many around me do.

Will be really interesting to see how votes go around me. Whilst I work and my social life is based in Leeds, I live in one of the safest Labour seats in the country - has got over 85% of the votes in previous elections which voted predominately to leave (over 65%).
Who should I vote for? on 17:16 - May 8 with 1823 viewsballycastle

Who should I vote for? on 15:06 - May 8 by ballycastle

You would vote for a party that wishes to impose tariffs on EU trade? Goodness me that would be a disaster wouldn't it?

Why the downvote? It is a policy of the green party, are you in favour of this policy?
Who should I vote for? on 17:41 - May 8 with 1806 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 09:51 - May 8 by Herbivore

My point being that an article on politics that is 16 years old is wildly out of date.

Are they pro Euro now then?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who should I vote for? on 17:50 - May 8 with 1797 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 14:44 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Only when it's within the confines of their echo chamber. Any other post which pricks their extremely thin bubble is met by gnashing of teeth and wailing that they are being bullied.

They really are the 'Just telling it to ourselves how it is' gang.

I see you got what you wanted from the thread!

Who should I vote for? on 18:01 - May 8 with 1784 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who should I vote for? on 12:47 - May 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

Unfortunately Mr Moose, many will be swayed to vote for the Brexit party, despite not being bigots, racists or which ever label you wish to tag them with.
A search on the interweb this foul weathered morning on the parties & candidates running for the EU election in the eastern counties reveals no obvious box to tick for my good self, although the Independent candidate has the fine name of Attila. Perhaps he/she is a Hun hun.
Looks like a spoiled ballot paper for a brexiteer.

Sadly, your first paragraph is true. But Farage and the people behind this party are not good people.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who should I vote for? on 18:04 - May 8 with 1777 viewsballycastle

Who should I vote for? on 17:16 - May 8 by ballycastle

Why the downvote? It is a policy of the green party, are you in favour of this policy?

Your bigotry is profound.
Who should I vote for? on 18:16 - May 8 with 1766 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who should I vote for? on 18:01 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

Sadly, your first paragraph is true. But Farage and the people behind this party are not good people.

Quite. And not just antisemitism. Their first leader, Catherine Blaiklock, had to step down for her anti-Islamic views. They’re fielding a bed-fellow of Corbyn who’s supported the IRA. They refuse to declare where their funding comes from, with strong suspicions it’s via Farage’s American right wing network, and have set up a Ltd company (presumably to funnel funds to bypass disclosure rules).

Meanwhile in the traditional pro-Brexit party, we’ve a candidate that joked about raping Jess Phillips being investigated by the police.

Not good people behind or in either of these parties. Yet people don’t seem to care. It’s very odd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who should I vote for? on 18:23 - May 8 with 1754 viewsm14_blue

Who should I vote for? on 18:16 - May 8 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. And not just antisemitism. Their first leader, Catherine Blaiklock, had to step down for her anti-Islamic views. They’re fielding a bed-fellow of Corbyn who’s supported the IRA. They refuse to declare where their funding comes from, with strong suspicions it’s via Farage’s American right wing network, and have set up a Ltd company (presumably to funnel funds to bypass disclosure rules).

Meanwhile in the traditional pro-Brexit party, we’ve a candidate that joked about raping Jess Phillips being investigated by the police.

Not good people behind or in either of these parties. Yet people don’t seem to care. It’s very odd.

I doubt many of their supporters have any idea.

In 2019 Britain very few people bother to look beyond the sound bites, something Farage has tapped into shamelessly and worryingly effectively.

They are a disgusting party, who stand for the complete opposite of the values that make our country so special, but they have a clear message and a whole range of dog whistles that they’re not afraid to use.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 18:36]
Who should I vote for? on 18:30 - May 8 with 1748 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 18:23 - May 8 by m14_blue

I doubt many of their supporters have any idea.

In 2019 Britain very few people bother to look beyond the sound bites, something Farage has tapped into shamelessly and worryingly effectively.

They are a disgusting party, who stand for the complete opposite of the values that make our country so special, but they have a clear message and a whole range of dog whistles that they’re not afraid to use.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 18:36]

Nigel Farage is the epitome of the establishment/elite, him portraying himself as a man of the people, and the people actually buying this charade, is quite staggering. People get upset about our financial contributions to the EU but seem fine about Farage taking a six figure salary as an MEP whilst barely turning up for work and describing himself as semi-retired. He intends to take his pension too, part of our divorce bill commitments that he tells his followers he's against. You can lie to people quite flagrantly and they will just lap it up if it resonates with their world view.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who should I vote for? on 18:30 - May 8 with 1748 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If only there was a Lexit party.

Who should I vote for? on 18:31 - May 8 with 1743 viewsGlasgowBlue

Indeed. UKip have morphed into the BNP.

Iron Lion Zion

Who should I vote for? on 18:33 - May 8 with 1742 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 18:30 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

If only there was a Lexit party.

Labour?

Who should I vote for? on 18:36 - May 8 with 1733 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 18:33 - May 8 by Herbivore

Labour?

Indeed.

Edit...will be interesting to see if their votes are included as backing leave in the post election analysis.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 18:38]

Who should I vote for? on 18:37 - May 8 with 1730 viewsSpruceMoose

Pointing this out is displaying bigotry and bullying towards them apparently.

Who should I vote for? on 18:44 - May 8 with 1719 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who should I vote for? on 18:36 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Indeed.

Edit...will be interesting to see if their votes are included as backing leave in the post election analysis.

They’ve gone full curcle to meet up with the far right. Wasn’t one of the commie off-shoots urging their members to vote for the Brexit Party the other day?

I’m sure someone on here always used to say that commies and fascists are essentially the same, and that seems to be being played out. It’s all getting a bit surreal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who should I vote for? on 18:44 - May 8 with 1719 viewsHerbivore

Indeed.

Well after the local council elections it seemed the swathe of votes cast for the Lib Dems and Greens counted as leave votes, so who knows?

Who should I vote for? on 18:46 - May 8 with 1714 viewsGlasgowBlue

Indeed.

Only 13% of those polled think Labour is a pro Brexit party. Quite staggering really.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024