Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should I vote for? 13:57 - May 7 with 24514 viewsSpruceMoose

Got a notification through in the post yesterday that I'll be receiving a European election postal vote in the next week or so. I genuinely have no idea who I will vote for at this point.

Members of TWTD here's your chance to gain an extra vote for your party of choice. Convince me. Who are you voting for and why!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who should I vote for? on 20:22 - May 7 with 5357 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 20:09 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

If this isn't resolved by the next GE, I reckon they'll make serious gains. UKIP were doing well before we became totally polarised and entrenched.

How many MPs did UKIP have again?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who should I vote for? on 20:27 - May 7 with 5351 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 20:16 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

That largely happens already with the EU. I'm all for greater decentralisation of decisions that affect the local level only, with oversight on those issues that need national/international coordination or standards. Makes complete sense to me if you want to avoid the alienation and impoverization of the regions.

....if only they weren't so actively pushing a consumerist, corporate globalist agenda (Item 1 your honour....the secretive TTIP negotiations and attempts to restrict oversight of them.)
I realise, following the Farage thread that by using the word 'globalist' I am again revealing my antisemitic tendencies....."a pattern of behaviour" some might say!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who should I vote for? on 20:34 - May 7 with 5333 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Who should I vote for? on 14:37 - May 7 by homer_123

I would struggle to suggest voting for the Conservatives. In fact, how anyone can vote for them given:

1. The fact Cameron tried to solve an internal party issues with a referendum
2. Then walked and washed his hands of it after assuming no one would vote for leaving the EU
3. How the current PM has handled the situation
4. How the party has failed, utterly, to get anything remotely sensible in the way of an internal or cross party agreement in place re. leaving.
5. Or having the balls to step back say....whoops, we may have erred here and need to re-think

Couple that with the general way in which they have been running things over the last few years, the increase between the haves and have note, drop in social mobility etc.

They should be in power and no one should be voting for them in the short to medium term.

Saying that, I'd struggle to also suggest voting Labour, who are also an utter mess for a range of other reasons.

The logical choice is indeed the Green party - is that a wasted vote at MEP level though? I've not really looked.

Cameron put the referendum in the manifesto as UKIP were a serious threat at the 2015 GE. It worked, as many anti-EU supporters voted for the Tories and swung it enough for an outright majority, something he didn't think would happen.

I'm voting for The Brexit Party X

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Who should I vote for? on 20:42 - May 7 with 5325 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 20:34 - May 7 by The_Last_Baron

Cameron put the referendum in the manifesto as UKIP were a serious threat at the 2015 GE. It worked, as many anti-EU supporters voted for the Tories and swung it enough for an outright majority, something he didn't think would happen.

I'm voting for The Brexit Party X

Well the folk here who have said they'll be voting for the Brexit party are exactly the sort of people I'd expect.

Think I can rule out voting for them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Who should I vote for? on 21:06 - May 7 with 5316 viewsBlueBadger

Who should I vote for? on 18:54 - May 7 by flimflam

You OK hun?

I'm genuinely curious. There's a lot of dodgy and genuinely nasty individuals in the Blue Passports and No Foreigners party. You're cool associating yourself with the likes of this : https://www.private-eye.co.uk/hp-sauce
[Post edited 7 May 2019 21:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who should I vote for? on 21:13 - May 7 with 5303 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 21:06 - May 7 by BlueBadger

I'm genuinely curious. There's a lot of dodgy and genuinely nasty individuals in the Blue Passports and No Foreigners party. You're cool associating yourself with the likes of this : https://www.private-eye.co.uk/hp-sauce
[Post edited 7 May 2019 21:08]

The answer is obviously yes.

They just don't have the bottle to admit it.

Who should I vote for? on 21:15 - May 7 with 5295 viewsBlueBadger

Who should I vote for? on 15:27 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

What would you say to someone who was concerned that the Brexit party is full of people of dubious moral character, who often are found to hold extremist and racist views? That's a big concern of mine.

I wouldn't be interested in any answers relying on whataboutery either.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 15:27]

Interesting that there's been a massive silence on this from everyone saying they'll vote Blue Passports and No Foreigners.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who should I vote for? on 21:16 - May 7 with 5297 viewsbluejake78

Blue
Login to get fewer ads

Who should I vote for? on 21:19 - May 7 with 5295 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 21:15 - May 7 by BlueBadger

Interesting that there's been a massive silence on this from everyone saying they'll vote Blue Passports and No Foreigners.

Yes, I'd love a truthful answer to my question from Dimmy, or FlipFlop or one of the other strident Brexiteers.

My prediction is that they won't answer.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 21:19]

Who should I vote for? on 21:33 - May 7 with 5277 viewscrunchie1978

UKIP.....obviously
Who should I vote for? on 21:37 - May 7 with 5269 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 21:33 - May 7 by crunchie1978

UKIP.....obviously

Are they still a thing? What are they running on that the Brexit Loons party aren't?

Who should I vote for? on 21:52 - May 7 with 5242 viewsWeWereZombies

Who should I vote for? on 19:55 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

You may have misunderstood....as an anarcho syndicalist I am all for decentralisation.The Greens imho have abandoned this principal at the first whiff of political power within Europe. Thanks for the link which I am now reading but doesn't their second point/principle suggest they should be backing Brexit for devolving power more locally (ie European to national level).....

PA101 A further principle is that any democratic and accountable authority may judge for itself which functions carried out at a higher level it can do equally well, or better, provided that the devolution of such functions does not threaten the sustainability of the wider area. Coupled with the principle of subsidiarity, this establishes the need for a structure that responds positively to demands for decentralisation from below, and that ensures that this proceeds smoothly and does not disempower other communities.

....I will continue reading it....
[Post edited 7 May 2019 20:11]

PA107 Government must therefore exist at many levels, each based upon geographical areas within which a given set of functions can be carried out and with which the people themselves have some common bond. These areas will in many cases be bio-regionally based, on the geographical and ecological boundaries already existing.

(one of the) Trouble(s) with Brexit is that the power to act over a continent is greatly reduced, for environmental policy this is a disaster. Migrating species and weather do not acknowledge national boundaries, the wind doesn't stop at Dover for customs control. I guess what the Greens suggest is that local authorities have responsibility for local planning but policy on such things as neonicotinoids has to be carried out Europe (at least) wide to be effective.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Who should I vote for? on 22:02 - May 7 with 5230 viewsWeWereZombies

Who should I vote for? on 20:10 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Furthermore as they believe this for our national parliament then I trust they believe the same for the European one....

PA203 The Central Parliament needs to be prepared to surrender many of its traditional powers, and actively assist in the process of decentralisation. To this end, Parliament has a number of key roles to play - first, to devolve functions to more local bodies; second, to lift its hold over councils and enable them to realise their potential; and third, to work with the Constitutional Commission to meet demands from local Government to take on responsibility for resources and functions which are currently dealt with at too high a level by central Government and the private sector. (see PA100-101)

......having said all this and despite voting Brexit (largely for reasons most Green thinkers would be supportive of) I am likely to vote Green (or Labour) if I vote at all.

(another) Trouble with Brexit is that the surrender of direct influence by withdrawing from Europe is that a great of opportunity to lobby, negotiate, vote and provide officials within the European Parliament goes. How do you decentralise when you have no power (but still have to tow the line as far as most regulation goes if you want access to the Single Market)?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Who should I vote for? on 22:21 - May 7 with 5207 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who should I vote for? on 21:19 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

Yes, I'd love a truthful answer to my question from Dimmy, or FlipFlop or one of the other strident Brexiteers.

My prediction is that they won't answer.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 21:19]

Labour as i enjoy the pain of splinters in my arse.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who should I vote for? on 22:22 - May 7 with 5204 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 22:02 - May 7 by WeWereZombies

(another) Trouble with Brexit is that the surrender of direct influence by withdrawing from Europe is that a great of opportunity to lobby, negotiate, vote and provide officials within the European Parliament goes. How do you decentralise when you have no power (but still have to tow the line as far as most regulation goes if you want access to the Single Market)?

There are no black and white realities in this but if I thought the EU was capable of meaningful reform I would not have voted to leave. Decisions about matters such as the one you highlight should be enacted because of pressure from the bottom up....where Europe does have strength is in being able to finance research at a level matching big business to serve citizens and inform that pressure.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who should I vote for? on 22:28 - May 7 with 5195 viewspickles110564

Who should I vote for? on 21:15 - May 7 by BlueBadger

How are you badger? Still got that massive chip on your shoulder?

i have worked you out at long last, you don't like us working class doing good as it makes you wish you had tried harder yourself.
Who should I vote for? on 22:32 - May 7 with 5180 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 22:28 - May 7 by pickles110564

i have worked you out at long last, you don't like us working class doing good as it makes you wish you had tried harder yourself.

Reading stuff likes this makes me glad you didn't bother to meet us.

Thought you were better than that to be honest.

Who should I vote for? on 22:47 - May 7 with 5152 viewsGlasgowBlue

In fairness to Badger, he does a job that has real meaning and contributes to life saving outcomes. I couldn’t do what he does.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who should I vote for? on 22:51 - May 7 with 5156 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 22:47 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness to Badger, he does a job that has real meaning and contributes to life saving outcomes. I couldn’t do what he does.

Well said GB.

Who should I vote for? on 23:47 - May 7 with 5124 viewsBlueBadger

You're about as working class as I am Pickles.

Who should I vote for? on 23:58 - May 7 with 5116 viewsjeera

You're the 2nd one today to have taken a pop at Badger's job.

It makes no sense. If there's only ever one thing you cannot sanely dig at him for it's his feking job.

You, along with the other div, should be embarrassed man.

Ffs.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 1:19]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who should I vote for? on 00:05 - May 8 with 5112 viewsBlueBadger

Who should I vote for? on 21:37 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

Are they still a thing? What are they running on that the Brexit Loons party aren't?

The Blue Passports and No Foreigners lot are running on the 'we're not being racist but' ticket but UKIP are running on the 'we really hope that all the Yacley-Lennon fans out there know how to spell 'x'' ticket.

Who should I vote for? on 00:09 - May 8 with 5114 viewsBlueBadger

Who should I vote for? on 23:58 - May 7 by jeera

You're the 2nd one today to have taken a pop at Badger's job.

It makes no sense. If there's only ever one thing you cannot sanely dig at him for it's his feking job.

You, along with the other div, should be embarrassed man.

Ffs.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 1:19]

Literally all these pelicans have is 'yeah well you do a girls job'.

Well, you know, not everybody's man enough to deal with blood, guts, grief and turmoil every day. That's why it's a profession dominated by women.

Who should I vote for? on 00:18 - May 8 with 5106 viewsjeera

Who should I vote for? on 00:09 - May 8 by BlueBadger

Literally all these pelicans have is 'yeah well you do a girls job'.

Well, you know, not everybody's man enough to deal with blood, guts, grief and turmoil every day. That's why it's a profession dominated by women.

Having spent some time in hospital recent years I am grateful for the job the medical profession in general do. It's hard effing work.

I cannot read this kind of crap without thinking of those prats who abuse ambulance crews and the like.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who should I vote for? on 00:19 - May 8 with 5103 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 00:18 - May 8 by jeera

Having spent some time in hospital recent years I am grateful for the job the medical profession in general do. It's hard effing work.

I cannot read this kind of crap without thinking of those prats who abuse ambulance crews and the like.

Especially when Pickles has mentioned a diabetes diagnosis in the past.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024