Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who should I vote for? 13:57 - May 7 with 24515 viewsSpruceMoose

Got a notification through in the post yesterday that I'll be receiving a European election postal vote in the next week or so. I genuinely have no idea who I will vote for at this point.

Members of TWTD here's your chance to gain an extra vote for your party of choice. Convince me. Who are you voting for and why!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who should I vote for? on 00:37 - May 8 with 2141 viewsflimflam

Who should I vote for? on 21:19 - May 7 by SpruceMoose

Yes, I'd love a truthful answer to my question from Dimmy, or FlipFlop or one of the other strident Brexiteers.

My prediction is that they won't answer.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 21:19]

I stopped giving you the time of day weeks ago

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who should I vote for? on 00:50 - May 8 with 2127 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 00:37 - May 8 by flimflam

I stopped giving you the time of day weeks ago

I take that as a compliment, coming from a tool like you.

Thank you for proving me right though.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 0:54]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Who should I vote for? on 06:45 - May 8 with 2084 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who should I vote for? on 22:22 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

There are no black and white realities in this but if I thought the EU was capable of meaningful reform I would not have voted to leave. Decisions about matters such as the one you highlight should be enacted because of pressure from the bottom up....where Europe does have strength is in being able to finance research at a level matching big business to serve citizens and inform that pressure.

Probably the nearest response to my own thoughts Bankster.

Not sure who i will vote for yet, but i will be visiting the polling station, if only to spoil the ballot paper if need be.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who should I vote for? on 07:30 - May 8 with 2071 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 06:45 - May 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

Probably the nearest response to my own thoughts Bankster.

Not sure who i will vote for yet, but i will be visiting the polling station, if only to spoil the ballot paper if need be.

Why thankyou Mr Pinewood.....we gardeners are clearly a special breed!

Ps....all those thorns make splinters a walk in the park as well!
[Post edited 8 May 2019 7:32]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Who should I vote for? on 07:56 - May 8 with 2044 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who should I vote for? on 07:30 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why thankyou Mr Pinewood.....we gardeners are clearly a special breed!

Ps....all those thorns make splinters a walk in the park as well!
[Post edited 8 May 2019 7:32]

We are indeed Sir, will be needing gills to breathe out this morning. Much needed precipitation though.

In all seriousness, do you see the EU being willing/able to reform from within or just getting ever more powerful? The concept as a trading block, sharing technology and labour for me is a fantastic thing. It,s the draconian measures put upon the likes of Greece i have real issues with.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Who should I vote for? on 08:25 - May 8 with 2029 viewsflimflam

Who should I vote for? on 00:50 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

I take that as a compliment, coming from a tool like you.

Thank you for proving me right though.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 0:54]

Your very welcome.

And you do realise you are the prize knob on this board dont you?
You bully and belittle anybody who has a different viewpoint to your own when it comes to Brexit accusing people of being bigots racists BNP Tommy lovers etc and you are on the whole a condescending prick. I am sure you are a decent person but you are the one who is unable to accept opinions different to your own and claim to be mightily superior to anyone who dares to want to leave the EU.
I am understanding and accepting of your viewpoints and realise you have your reasons which is great. We live in a democratic country which allows freedom of speech and people to have different outlooks and visions. Shame you are unable to accept others opinions when they differ to your own.
There are a few bigots / fascists on here and they tend to not be the people who wish Brexit to happen.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 10:16]

Who should I vote for? on 09:15 - May 8 with 2014 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 07:56 - May 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

We are indeed Sir, will be needing gills to breathe out this morning. Much needed precipitation though.

In all seriousness, do you see the EU being willing/able to reform from within or just getting ever more powerful? The concept as a trading block, sharing technology and labour for me is a fantastic thing. It,s the draconian measures put upon the likes of Greece i have real issues with.

Unfortunately not, I think they overstepped the mark with the introduction of the Euro and the removed beaurocrats are more wedded to that project at any cost rather than preserving social cohesion. Imho it is a matter of time before the project collapses due to this oversight and we will be glad to be ahead of the curve in leaving. I would have preferred it not to have come to this but the general drift to the right reinforces my belief that this will be the case.

Who should I vote for? on 09:17 - May 8 with 2012 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 08:25 - May 8 by flimflam

Your very welcome.

You bully and belittle anybody who has a different viewpoint to your own when it comes to Brexit accusing people of being bigots racists BNP Tommy lovers etc and you are on the whole a condescending prick. I am sure you are a decent person but you are the one who is unable to accept opinions different to your own and claim to be mightily superior to anyone who dares to want to leave the EU.
I am understanding and accepting of your viewpoints and realise you have your reasons which is great. We live in a democratic country which allows freedom of speech and people to have different outlooks and visions. Shame you are unable to accept others opinions when they differ to your own.
There are a few bigots / fascists on here and they tend to not be the people who wish Brexit to happen.

Pretty accurate to be fair.

Login to get fewer ads

Who should I vote for? on 09:30 - May 8 with 2003 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 14:08 - May 7 by Herbivore

Green. They are pro-Europe, pro-environment, left of centre economically. It's an easy choice.

They are a bit conflicted on the Euro aren't they.
https://www.redpepper.org.uk/The-Green-Party-and-the-euro/

While I broadly agree with their outlook......(monetary policy section)

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/ec.html

......they have zero chance of being listened to!

Who should I vote for? on 09:37 - May 8 with 1994 viewsfooters

Your very welcome.

His very welcome what?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who should I vote for? on 09:37 - May 8 with 1997 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 09:30 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

They are a bit conflicted on the Euro aren't they.
https://www.redpepper.org.uk/The-Green-Party-and-the-euro/

While I broadly agree with their outlook......(monetary policy section)

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/ec.html

......they have zero chance of being listened to!

That article is 16 years old.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who should I vote for? on 09:42 - May 8 with 1981 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who should I vote for? on 09:37 - May 8 by Herbivore

Are you not heeding the advice of your comrades Herbs?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Who should I vote for? on 09:49 - May 8 with 1966 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who should I vote for? on 09:37 - May 8 by Herbivore

Your point being.......things have only got worse since and the policy document is current.

Who should I vote for? on 09:51 - May 8 with 1962 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 09:49 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Your point being.......things have only got worse since and the policy document is current.

My point being that an article on politics that is 16 years old is wildly out of date.

Who should I vote for? on 11:24 - May 8 with 1923 viewsSpruceMoose

Your very welcome.

Yeah, shame on me for disliking bigots

Boo hoo. Tough to be a bigot in this day an' age.

Like it or not, if you vote for this Brexit party, that's who you're throwing your lot in with.

You need to think on that.

Who should I vote for? on 12:34 - May 8 with 1890 viewsballycastle

Who should I vote for? on 11:24 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Like it or not, if you vote for this Brexit party, that's who you're throwing your lot in with.

The bigot insult is so retro, it stopped being used when the liberal extremists discovered it's definition and found they were a bigot.
Who should I vote for? on 12:35 - May 8 with 1885 viewsHerbivore

Who should I vote for? on 12:34 - May 8 by ballycastle

The bigot insult is so retro, it stopped being used when the liberal extremists discovered it's definition and found they were a bigot.

Liberal extremists? Lol.

Who should I vote for? on 12:38 - May 8 with 1869 viewsballycastle

Who should I vote for? on 12:35 - May 8 by Herbivore

Liberal extremists? Lol.

Pure gold, along comes the very description.
Who should I vote for? on 12:47 - May 8 with 1839 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who should I vote for? on 11:24 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Unfortunately Mr Moose, many will be swayed to vote for the Brexit party, despite not being bigots, racists or which ever label you wish to tag them with.
A search on the interweb this foul weathered morning on the parties & candidates running for the EU election in the eastern counties reveals no obvious box to tick for my good self, although the Independent candidate has the fine name of Attila. Perhaps he/she is a Hun hun.
Looks like a spoiled ballot paper for a brexiteer.

Who should I vote for? on 12:49 - May 8 with 1830 viewsfooters

Who should I vote for? on 12:47 - May 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

Unfortunately Mr Moose, many will be swayed to vote for the Brexit party, despite not being bigots, racists or which ever label you wish to tag them with.
A search on the interweb this foul weathered morning on the parties & candidates running for the EU election in the eastern counties reveals no obvious box to tick for my good self, although the Independent candidate has the fine name of Attila. Perhaps he/she is a Hun hun.

The Animal Welfare Party is running in London. As a moose I think he should vote for them!

As a committed omnivore I shan't be. My vote goes to the Women's Equality Party :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who should I vote for? on 12:56 - May 8 with 1823 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who should I vote for? on 12:49 - May 8 by footers

The Animal Welfare Party is running in London. As a moose I think he should vote for them!

As a committed omnivore I shan't be. My vote goes to the Women's Equality Party :)

Indeed, i,ve heard the Animal Welfare Party have very generous retirement packages for Elks and other Moose like creatures.........although turning them into burgers is far more appealing.
Womens Equality Party you say.....tut tut, whatever next. The members of my Gentlemans club will be horrified.

Who should I vote for? on 13:01 - May 8 with 1811 viewsflimflam

Who should I vote for? on 12:47 - May 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

You vote for which party not the MEP?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48081343

Who should I vote for? on 13:15 - May 8 with 1789 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who should I vote for? on 13:01 - May 8 by flimflam

You vote for which party not the MEP?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48081343

That appears to be the case if i have interpreted the link correctly.

Attila the Independent it is then
[Post edited 8 May 2019 13:17]

Who should I vote for? on 14:04 - May 8 with 1751 viewsm14_blue

Your very welcome.

I like how you start your post by moaning about people labelling those who disagree with them as bigots and racists, then end it by calling people who don't agree with you bigots and fascists.
Who should I vote for? on 14:25 - May 8 with 1731 viewsSpruceMoose

Who should I vote for? on 14:04 - May 8 by m14_blue

I like how you start your post by moaning about people labelling those who disagree with them as bigots and racists, then end it by calling people who don't agree with you bigots and fascists.

You couldn't make it up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024