Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we get promoted straight back as Champions 19:29 - Apr 29 with 10111 viewsAlexGreen

Would all the trauma of this year have been worth it?

If we go right back up then I say yes - it beats 2 years of 15th placed finishes. I think. Probably.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 23:21 - Apr 29 with 1953 viewspatrickswell

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 22:28 - Apr 29 by PJH

Milton was 24 when he joined us.

That team also included Forrest, Gavin Johnson and Stockwell.

I suppose you could include Warky as well as he was homegrown just that it was 17 years previously.

Phil Whelan was the one who came through that season from within. Other long-time presences who played in that season included Frank Yallop and Steve Palmer. It was a side that when you factor in the likes of Linighan, Thompson and Zondervan had been around for a long time. Goddard and Whitton joined in Lyall’s first season. We spent £250 grand on Eddie Youds who injured himself on his debut in November 91 and didn’t play again until the following season.

In answer to the original question, I would be delighted to see Town win the title next year. I think that those fans who have been more sanguine than I have and positive about Lambert would deserve it. Hell, so would Lambert given the positivity he’s tried to engender since arriving.

My suspicion is a season of consolidation and trying to win games again is what will happen. I can predict 5 draws in the opening 10 matches where we score first.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 05:42 - Apr 30 with 1916 viewsBenters2

If that happens i will eat one of my hats.

I hope i am wrong of course,but as Spruce says 'watch as our youth get booted off the park by some hardcore division 3 team' or something like that.

This summer and the pre season is going to be very important in our fight to get back up,it all depends if Evans backs Lambert or not.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 05:44 - Apr 30 with 1913 viewsBenters2

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:25 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

Watch in horror as on opening day our frail youngsters get booted of the park by some absolutely massive League One unit.

This.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 06:43 - Apr 30 with 1900 viewsBenters2

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:09 - Apr 29 by textbackup

"Winning the third tier is not success for a club such as ours."

who the fck do you think you actually follow? its Ipswich town, good in the 70/80's
I think you're stuck in time.

Well yes i agree.

Going down is crap.

But coming up would be a blast.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 08:27 - Apr 30 with 1874 viewsFtnfwest

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 05:42 - Apr 30 by Benters2

If that happens i will eat one of my hats.

I hope i am wrong of course,but as Spruce says 'watch as our youth get booted off the park by some hardcore division 3 team' or something like that.

This summer and the pre season is going to be very important in our fight to get back up,it all depends if Evans backs Lambert or not.

I'm starting out with the view that a sensible target is getting back within 2-3 seasons and just going to enjoy it as much as i can! We haven't exactly been pulling up trees in the championship anyway!
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 08:27 - Apr 30 with 1874 viewsBiGDonnie

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:24 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Winning the third tier is not success for a club such as ours. The bar twelve months ago was winning promotion from this league doing that.

Those allowing it to drop, whilst pointing and going "wah Mick McCarthy" this week are part of the problem frankly. We should be furious Evans has let us drop, and determined to hold him accountable until we are back at a satisfactory standard.

Winning the third tier is a success.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 08:36 - Apr 30 with 1864 viewsHeathlander

Of course it would. I have been going for 45 years and only seen us win five things.

FA Cup
Daily Express 5-a-side champions at Wembley
UEFA Cup
Division 1 1992
Play-Offs 2000

I enjoyed everyone as much as the other. I am sure Champions of league 1 would feel just as good.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 8:36]
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 08:51 - Apr 30 with 1848 viewsPJH

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 08:36 - Apr 30 by Heathlander

Of course it would. I have been going for 45 years and only seen us win five things.

FA Cup
UEFA Cup
Division 1 1992
Play-Offs 2000

I enjoyed everyone as much as the other. I am sure Champions of league 1 would feel just as good.

I think you are right that it would/will feel good but what does not feel good is that we have even got the possibility of winning it.
Login to get fewer ads

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 09:11 - Apr 30 with 1832 viewsSwansea_Blue

No doubt a promotion season would be great fun, but where would it lead? If we build on the momentum and get back competing at the right end of the Championship, then yes. If we end up another Rotherham yo-yoing between L1 and the Championship, then no.

The gap between even the top of the Championship and the rest is so large now that we're going to struggle to ever be an established side under the current management structure IF we keep doing things the same way. We either need a new owner with fresh ideas or Evans needs to drastically change the way he's doing things if we're going to move forward under him for a change.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 09:52 - Apr 30 with 1817 viewsGarv

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:35 - Apr 29 by Mullet

That's why Mick had to go apparently. That's why Evans had to invest more. Funny how the criteria has had to be revised so soon after.

Loads of things are fun, that doesn't make them good or worthy. Riding a moped, hiding the biscuits from the irritating person at work, wanting Leeds to go up are all fun but utterly damaging to one's soul and reputation.

We are a shambles, and pretending that winning the third tier makes it all ok just will not sit well with me. Get it over with, get back up here, go from there. But that looks unlikely right now, and if that comes to pass I dread to think how those who demanded "ambition" so aggressively will pass it off.

'That's why Mick had to go apparently.'

Talk about out of touch with reality.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 10:32 - Apr 30 with 1795 viewsITFC_Forever

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:40 - Apr 29 by Mullet

1992 we had a right mix. I'm not sure it was largely home grown was it?

Forrest, Stockwell, Milton, Wark, Dozzell, Kiwomya, Johnson, Yallop, Palmer.

That's seven that were regulars and were home-grown, plus Whelan who featured at the end and Humes who featured at the start.

Edit; Sorry, late to this thread and now seen others have also mentioned most of these.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 10:33]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 13:07 - Apr 30 with 1754 viewsJDB23

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 08:36 - Apr 30 by Heathlander

FA Cup
UEFA Cup
Division 1 1992
Play-Offs 2000

My first proper season supporting the club was our first back in the Championship/Div 1, so I've been going 17 years and seen us win fk all. Getting promoted from League 1 would most likely be the best season I'd have supporting town, which is rather sad.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 13:49 - Apr 30 with 1741 viewsBenters2

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 08:27 - Apr 30 by Ftnfwest

I'm starting out with the view that a sensible target is getting back within 2-3 seasons and just going to enjoy it as much as i can! We haven't exactly been pulling up trees in the championship anyway!

That quick😂
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 14:16 - Apr 30 with 1723 viewsOsborneOneNil

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:55 - Apr 29 by Mullet

I get that and if it happens like that, so be it. But does it make this season worth it?

Not even close.

It'll certainly be worth it for my 6 year old lad who has cried every time we've lost this year. To see Town win, and in fact score goals, will be his world. DIv 3 or not.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 18:39 - Apr 30 with 1692 viewsdistractored

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:35 - Apr 29 by Mullet

You seem to be angry and insistent on a division with your Trump lite rhetoric.

Give it a rest mate.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:33 - Apr 30 with 1673 viewsBlueBadger

No, because we shouldn't be playing there in the first place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 14:37 - May 1 with 1624 viewstheinbetweener

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:33 - Apr 30 by BlueBadger

No, because we shouldn't be playing there in the first place.

But we should be playing there, because we got relegated for being the worst team in the division. That's how it works... Some of you lot need to take a step into reality. Come out of your 70/80's Time Machines for goodness sake. THIS IS THE PRESENT.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024