Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation 18:59 - Apr 13 with 11287 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I told you he’d take us down and instead got shouted down.

This has been coming for years and years and years. Criminal levels of underinvestment was always going to end one way.

I’m saddened by today but do you know what? I’m angry. He’s been allowed to take us down without even a chant against him ffs.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 839 viewstractorboy1978

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 05:51 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why such vicious attack on me? On the day when I'm hurting. You should have PM'ed me instead of trying to look for an argument on here. A bit of discretion on such sad today would have been appropriate.

Anyway this kind of verbal attack comes from who? From such a wet pisshead like you. An alcohol doesn't help. You would know that if you had a capacity to think.

I'll also tell you what you should do. Once you have overcome a hangover keep updating us about your failed attempts to find a girlfriend. You used to tell us a lot about that just like about your drinking issues.

Don't forget to cry to Phil about me too like you always do about the people of this forum.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 5:52]

Grow up.

We are all hurting, not just you. And the personal insults are a disgrace, you should be ashamed.
Whatever Rommers on 10:47 - Apr 14 with 794 viewsBrixtonBlue

Whatever Rommers on 01:47 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

There's no point arguing with each other. Everyone is hurting. For most people it's hurting more than expected. We all knew we were down but to have it confirmed has been surreal and painful.

We need to hope for a bit of common sense and a bit of luck now. Common sense from Evans to set reasonable prices. Common sense from the fans to back Lambert 100% for the next season. Lets face reality, we cannot compete at this level by buying players. We need to build our own team and it just so happens we have a very good group of youngsters coming through. The luck part of the equation is building a team around them, having 1-2 seasons in league one (hopefully) and bouncing back with a strong team who we've blooded in league one. We couldn't do it in this league. Going down might be a good thing in the long term. I'm under no illusions that it could also be a disaster, hence the hope for some luck.

This. Absolutely. POTY.

I might copy and paste this a few times in the future J2. It's exactly my thoughts.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 10:52 - Apr 14 with 788 viewsBrixtonBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 04:58 - Apr 14 by Benters2

Yep so did we,we got labelled ‘The Top Gear Gang’.

We were told spending money doesn’t work,and we must always laugh at the Derby County failures.We said that Town lacked ambition and got shot down for daring to say it.

For years we said we needed to spend more on a better class of player,just to keep up in this league,sadly we didn’t and again sadly it has caught us up.

Now we have gone down to a level where we may actually win a few games and are to be thankful we have such a great owner as Saint Marcus of Evans.

There were never going to be any anti Evans chants,we are a easy going bunch and Evans knows that,hell I’ve even seen it said on here that people don’t mind paying the same amount for tickets or season tickets wtf is that all about !?

We are told it will be great to see the young players flourish,that won’t happen,if they are any good they will be sold on,it’s the Ipswich way apparently.

When people say it’s a good thing we have gone down,I don’t I think it’s a disaster.

End of.

No-one has said it's a good thing we have gone down.

None of what you've said in this post is some great insight only The Top Gear Gang saw coming.

You, and others, still miss the point. Moaning about Evans not spending enough is like a spoilt child rolling in the supermarket aisle screaming because they can't have more sweets.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:04 - Apr 14 with 768 viewsBrixtonBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 05:51 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why such vicious attack on me? On the day when I'm hurting. You should have PM'ed me instead of trying to look for an argument on here. A bit of discretion on such sad today would have been appropriate.

Anyway this kind of verbal attack comes from who? From such a wet pisshead like you. An alcohol doesn't help. You would know that if you had a capacity to think.

I'll also tell you what you should do. Once you have overcome a hangover keep updating us about your failed attempts to find a girlfriend. You used to tell us a lot about that just like about your drinking issues.

Don't forget to cry to Phil about me too like you always do about the people of this forum.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 5:52]

The reason I said what I said is because you said we have deserved this. There are plenty of other things I disagree with but this tipped me over the edge.

None of those great fans singing at the end yesterday have deserved this. That's why you're a disgrace to say it.

I won't stoop to silly, childish (and untrue) insults.

And I won't bother reading your undoubtably full of abuse PM either.

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:05 - Apr 14 with 761 viewsRyorry

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 10:52 - Apr 14 by BrixtonBlue

None of what you've said in this post is some great insight only The Top Gear Gang saw coming.

You, and others, still miss the point. Moaning about Evans not spending enough is like a spoilt child rolling in the supermarket aisle screaming because they can't have more sweets.

I see the potential for an ad there - give the kid some Haribos and they immediately stop screaming! Or spread a few packets amongst a football crowd on the day their club's relegation is confirmed and they all stop chanting obscenities at the ref, the manager and the owner

Sorry, gallows humour kicking in, defence mechanism!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:07 - Apr 14 with 759 viewsBluesquid

"You, and others, still miss the point. Moaning about Evans not spending enough is like a spoilt child rolling in the supermarket aisle screaming because they can't have more sweets."

The difference being that a kid really doesn't need more sweets, it's all in the kids head.
But to survive in the Championship a club really does need to spend, scrape the barrel signings will mean that you end up at the bottom of the barrel.
I think J2 should run the club on 11:11 - Apr 14 with 748 viewsDyland

Whatever Rommers on 01:47 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

There's no point arguing with each other. Everyone is hurting. For most people it's hurting more than expected. We all knew we were down but to have it confirmed has been surreal and painful.

We need to hope for a bit of common sense and a bit of luck now. Common sense from Evans to set reasonable prices. Common sense from the fans to back Lambert 100% for the next season. Lets face reality, we cannot compete at this level by buying players. We need to build our own team and it just so happens we have a very good group of youngsters coming through. The luck part of the equation is building a team around them, having 1-2 seasons in league one (hopefully) and bouncing back with a strong team who we've blooded in league one. We couldn't do it in this league. Going down might be a good thing in the long term. I'm under no illusions that it could also be a disaster, hence the hope for some luck.

or be mayor, or something.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:11 - Apr 14 with 747 viewsDarth_Koont

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 08:21 - Apr 14 by m14_blue

Jesus Rommers, the last thing I want to do is argue with you but I’m genuinely staggered that such a clever guy still hasn’t got this.

You, Benters and Mach aren’t some sort of footballing Magi who can see things the rest of us can’t and you’ve never been shouted down for suggesting we could go down under Evans (although you also used to say we’d NEVER go down under Mick so not sure how you square that circle). It’s hardly rocket science that if you continually spend less than the other teams in the league you’re likely to struggle. I don’t think anyone is particularly surprised that it’s come to this or that it is in large part down to this underinvestment.

The reasons people have taken issue with you are.

1. The continued implication that you are somehow not a real fan if you don’t want to protest or song songs about the owner. Along with the condescending attitude that somehow no one else can possibly see what’s going on.
2. The personal abuse of a man who has put more money into the club than anyone else in history and who’s only crime is to be unwilling or unable to keep up with the insane state of modern football.
3. The idea that saying ‘Evans Out’ miraculously solves the problem, or indeed that protesting at a match would. The club is up for sale, there really isn’t much else he can do. You can’t simply change an owner like you can a manager, it’s massively naive to think otherwise.

Everyone would like a richer, more engaged owner but there aren’t many about.

Well said.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:12 - Apr 14 with 746 viewspointofblue

For me the issue with Evans lies deeper than investment though - he first and foremost tried to run the club like a business rather than a football entity; he put far too much pressure on the manager to oversee every aspect of that side which means we were, and still are, heavily reliant on whoever is in the hot seat in relation to the outlook of the club. In hindsight Magilton managed to keep everything on an even keel, Keane ripped the whole club up resulting in Jewell blundering through the wreckage, Mick managed to salvage us and keep us afloat but Hurst quickly found himself out of his depth. Lambert seems to be a second Mick in terms of off-the-field control but it’s too much pressure on one man to do it all, which Hurst in particular could not cope with IMO.

The appointments of Clegg and Milne were errors because neither took any pressure off the manager in having the knowledge or experience of running a football club. I never had any idea what Dave Bowman does as Director of Football or whether he is still here; has Lee O’Neill taken over as an equivalent?

Perhaps Evans has reached this same conclusion, albeit too little too late, with the departure of Milne and increased stature of the aforementioned O’Neill - we can only hope this will see improvements on the pitch next year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:19 - Apr 14 with 734 viewsBenters2

Sadly with a Division 3 budget in the championship,guess where we find ourselves!?

End of.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 724 viewsRyorry

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:12 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

For me the issue with Evans lies deeper than investment though - he first and foremost tried to run the club like a business rather than a football entity; he put far too much pressure on the manager to oversee every aspect of that side which means we were, and still are, heavily reliant on whoever is in the hot seat in relation to the outlook of the club. In hindsight Magilton managed to keep everything on an even keel, Keane ripped the whole club up resulting in Jewell blundering through the wreckage, Mick managed to salvage us and keep us afloat but Hurst quickly found himself out of his depth. Lambert seems to be a second Mick in terms of off-the-field control but it’s too much pressure on one man to do it all, which Hurst in particular could not cope with IMO.

The appointments of Clegg and Milne were errors because neither took any pressure off the manager in having the knowledge or experience of running a football club. I never had any idea what Dave Bowman does as Director of Football or whether he is still here; has Lee O’Neill taken over as an equivalent?

Perhaps Evans has reached this same conclusion, albeit too little too late, with the departure of Milne and increased stature of the aforementioned O’Neill - we can only hope this will see improvements on the pitch next year.

Excellent analysis.

I get the impression PL is slowly assuming the mantle of DoF, and wouldn't be surprised to see him eventually take on that role full time, stepping aside as manager to make way for a new one whose appointment he would largely be responsible for at some point in the future - unless the Scotland job came up of course.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 723 viewsArnieM

Right, so Marcus Evans is responsible for Towns decline.

Fine:

What do you propose the fans should do ?

“Demonstrate “- what’s that going to change?

Don’t get a ST? - who will that hurt MOST?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024