Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation 18:59 - Apr 13 with 11289 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I told you he’d take us down and instead got shouted down.

This has been coming for years and years and years. Criminal levels of underinvestment was always going to end one way.

I’m saddened by today but do you know what? I’m angry. He’s been allowed to take us down without even a chant against him ffs.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 00:51 - Apr 14 with 2631 viewsBrixtonBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 20:02 - Apr 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

Well said Rommy ! Very well said !

I've been saying that (including you and few other people) for years. Been slated and insulted number of times by his 'TWTD Evans' representatives'. Up until 2017 they had been using FFP as an excuse to defend him. When they realised FFP was a joke they created other excuses or forms of defence for him. Most frequent? Buy the club if you aren't happy.

Now we have fans who believe that the youngsters can steer us into the great things. Where is the limit of Town fans' delusions? People don't realise that Lambert has no choice just to put bigger 'faith' in youth because he won't get money needed to mount a promotion challenge next season. Our lightweight youngsters can easily get bullied on many occasions next season. It won't be a fun. It ain't an end of the nightmare. Things WILL NOT GET better as long as Evans owns ITFC. Wouldn't wish him this horrible pest to any football club and that includes Norwich.

I'll be probably by ridiculed or insulted by some as always but don't care at all. So broken and devastated today even though a relegation has been obvious for a while. It's been coming for years given Evans' policy, Hurst's recruitment was a final nail in the coffin and hate to say that we have fully deserved that as a club..

Ipswich TILL I DIE !

You should fcuk off and support Man City. You are a disgrace as an ITFC supporter.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Whatever Rommers on 00:57 - Apr 14 with 2630 viewsBrixtonBlue

Whatever Rommers on 20:32 - Apr 13 by Dyland

Get out of your bubble buh. "Shouted down"... maybe by a handful of posters on an internet forum... whatever. 99% of fans feel and think the same as you.

There was a chant against ME. It was "Evans you're a co ont", and it was as shameful as his useless running of the club.

Sometime when I listen to the bolllix on here and the MEG PR I think we all deserve each other. And it makes me sad I support this great club with all our pr1ck fans and utterly inept owner.

COYFB

I'd hope 99% of fans don't feel and think the same as him, because most of us aren't fecking idiots. There are lots of reasons why we went down, the change in the football landscape being the major one.

People putting all the blame at Evans' door are entitled crybabies.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Whatever Rommers on 01:03 - Apr 14 with 2621 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whatever Rommers on 00:57 - Apr 14 by BrixtonBlue

I'd hope 99% of fans don't feel and think the same as him, because most of us aren't fecking idiots. There are lots of reasons why we went down, the change in the football landscape being the major one.

People putting all the blame at Evans' door are entitled crybabies.

I’m a fecking idiot am I?

You’ve started drinking again it appears.

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 01:06 - Apr 14 with 2611 viewsBrixtonBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 00:17 - Apr 14 by Vaughan8

This "its all Evans fault" is a bit of a simplistic view. It compares with the Brexit people who say "just leave the EU now". Its not quite as simple as that (sorry to bring Brexit into it, there will be no more).

Reading things like the Hurst interviews, it seems a lot of the decisions were made by Hurst. Evans trusted Hurst, probably too much, but what else did you want him to do? sign players the manager doesn't want?

Also people bark on about "we should have spent £20m in January". Its easy to say when it isn't your money. I suspect even spending big on January wouldn't have done a lot.

Relegation is a lot of things going wrong all at once. Ripping the backbone out the team, all those goals last season and replacing them with the players we did is the main reason I think. Who is to blame for that?

To solely blame Evans is a very simple view.

When did it change from "believe" to "I told you so"?

This, this and this.

Whatever Rommers on 01:09 - Apr 14 with 2599 viewsBrixtonBlue

Whatever Rommers on 01:03 - Apr 14 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m a fecking idiot am I?

You’ve started drinking again it appears.

Low blow Rommers. I'm hurting as much as you.

Whatever Rommers on 01:12 - Apr 14 with 2591 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whatever Rommers on 01:09 - Apr 14 by BrixtonBlue

Low blow Rommers. I'm hurting as much as you.

Exactly. I’m hurting. Your hurting. Our whole fan base is hurting.

Blaming the owner for our demise after he sold our best player and failed to replace him on an Ipswich forum is not a reason for you to call me a ‘fecking idiot’. It’s a perfectly acceptable feeling to be bloody angry right now with the owner whilst also being proud of our fan base today.

Whatever Rommers on 01:20 - Apr 14 with 2578 viewsBrixtonBlue

Whatever Rommers on 01:12 - Apr 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Blaming the owner for our demise after he sold our best player and failed to replace him on an Ipswich forum is not a reason for you to call me a ‘fecking idiot’. It’s a perfectly acceptable feeling to be bloody angry right now with the owner whilst also being proud of our fan base today.

It's because there are a lot more reasons,

And you've done this several times.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 01:26 - Apr 14 with 2565 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Yeah I'll take a swipe at the owner, although it's getting a little tiresome now. Maybe you can have too much of a good thing. All this berating and castigation, I mean where's it going to get you.

So Evans came in after Sheepshanks what, 2007 ? Appointed a whole load of managers that proved inept or something of a disaster, and judgment is still out on Lambert. The owner hardly ever invests in the team, is so obscure he hardly ever appears or speaks out - hell for the first year or so of it's ownership there were rumors and talk that the name may not even exist.

But it's a horse that's been ridden into the ground. Yes (I) realize that many are upset or even disillusioned but there's not a damn lot any one supporter can do about it, at least not mere words on a club message board.

I do wonder right now IF McCarthy HAD stayed in position, would the club have seen a relegation today. Don't get me wrong, he was as banal and one dimensional as only McCarthy can be, but would today have occurred with his ass still in place here. All hypothetical of course but it does make you wonder.
Login to get fewer ads

Whatever Rommers on 01:47 - Apr 14 with 2548 viewsJ2BLUE

Whatever Rommers on 01:12 - Apr 14 by The_Romford_Blue

There's no point arguing with each other. Everyone is hurting. For most people it's hurting more than expected. We all knew we were down but to have it confirmed has been surreal and painful.

We need to hope for a bit of common sense and a bit of luck now. Common sense from Evans to set reasonable prices. Common sense from the fans to back Lambert 100% for the next season. Lets face reality, we cannot compete at this level by buying players. We need to build our own team and it just so happens we have a very good group of youngsters coming through. The luck part of the equation is building a team around them, having 1-2 seasons in league one (hopefully) and bouncing back with a strong team who we've blooded in league one. We couldn't do it in this league. Going down might be a good thing in the long term. I'm under no illusions that it could also be a disaster, hence the hope for some luck.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 03:30 - Apr 14 with 2516 viewsRyorry

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 00:50 - Apr 14 by Coastalblue

The problem with these posts are that nobody is coming up with an alternative.

I doubt there's anybody on here who wouldn't prefer an engaged, sane and wealthy owner who was willing to put more money into the club but how do we get one of those and why would they want to buy us?

We have no idea what Evans can afford, none of us do, forget his estimated wealth and rich lists they're not relevant to what cash he has to burn on football.

I'd love him to sell us to someone who was going to both look after the club and stick a bigger pile of money in every year, I bet Marcus Evans would too but where the feck do we, or more pertinantly he, find someone like that?

There's also the huge risk inherent in that "stick or twist" scenario that we could get a Sisu or an Owen Oyston, rather than a Srivaddhanaprabha (R.I.P.). Who fans get as owners, and their Clubs' subsequent fate, is purely a matter of luck, as the FL/PL don't seem competent enough themselves to put together a 'fit and proper person' assessment.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Whatever Rommers on 03:40 - Apr 14 with 2513 viewsRyorry

Whatever Rommers on 01:47 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

There's no point arguing with each other. Everyone is hurting. For most people it's hurting more than expected. We all knew we were down but to have it confirmed has been surreal and painful.

We need to hope for a bit of common sense and a bit of luck now. Common sense from Evans to set reasonable prices. Common sense from the fans to back Lambert 100% for the next season. Lets face reality, we cannot compete at this level by buying players. We need to build our own team and it just so happens we have a very good group of youngsters coming through. The luck part of the equation is building a team around them, having 1-2 seasons in league one (hopefully) and bouncing back with a strong team who we've blooded in league one. We couldn't do it in this league. Going down might be a good thing in the long term. I'm under no illusions that it could also be a disaster, hence the hope for some luck.

Actually, despite all the arguing going on (and who could blame any of us fans for doing so in the circumstances), this is the time that TWTD forum is most valuable for me.

Anyone who cares will be on here if not tonight then over the next few days sharing the grief, and there's a kind of solace in being here amongst fellow fans - we know we really are all in it together feeling the pain - that's the bottom line, no matter what our differences on the details or other matters. Group hug!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 04:58 - Apr 14 with 2495 viewsBenters2

Yep so did we,we got labelled ‘The Top Gear Gang’.

We were told spending money doesn’t work,and we must always laugh at the Derby County failures.We said that Town lacked ambition and got shot down for daring to say it.

For years we said we needed to spend more on a better class of player,just to keep up in this league,sadly we didn’t and again sadly it has caught us up.

Now we have gone down to a level where we may actually win a few games and are to be thankful we have such a great owner as Saint Marcus of Evans.

There were never going to be any anti Evans chants,we are a easy going bunch and Evans knows that,hell I’ve even seen it said on here that people don’t mind paying the same amount for tickets or season tickets wtf is that all about !?

We are told it will be great to see the young players flourish,that won’t happen,if they are any good they will be sold on,it’s the Ipswich way apparently.

When people say it’s a good thing we have gone down,I don’t I think it’s a disaster.

End of.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 05:09 - Apr 14 with 2489 viewsBenters2

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 00:51 - Apr 14 by BrixtonBlue

You should fcuk off and support Man City. You are a disgrace as an ITFC supporter.

Ridiculous comment from you there to a bloody good supporter and bloke.

Shame on you.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 05:51 - Apr 14 with 2480 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 00:51 - Apr 14 by BrixtonBlue

Why such vicious attack on me? On the day when I'm hurting. You should have PM'ed me instead of trying to look for an argument on here. A bit of discretion on such sad today would have been appropriate.

Anyway this kind of verbal attack comes from who? From such a wet pisshead like you. An alcohol doesn't help. You would know that if you had a capacity to think.

I'll also tell you what you should do. Once you have overcome a hangover keep updating us about your failed attempts to find a girlfriend. You used to tell us a lot about that just like about your drinking issues.

Don't forget to cry to Phil about me too like you always do about the people of this forum.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 5:52]
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 05:55 - Apr 14 with 2474 viewsBenters2

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 05:51 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why such vicious attack on me? On the day when I'm hurting. You should have PM'ed me instead of trying to look for an argument on here. A bit of discretion on such sad today would have been appropriate.

Anyway this kind of verbal attack comes from who? From such a wet pisshead like you. An alcohol doesn't help. You would know that if you had a capacity to think.

I'll also tell you what you should do. Once you have overcome a hangover keep updating us about your failed attempts to find a girlfriend. You used to tell us a lot about that just like about your drinking issues.

Don't forget to cry to Phil about me too like you always do about the people of this forum.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 5:52]

That should do it.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:03 - Apr 14 with 2472 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 05:55 - Apr 14 by Benters2

That should do it.

I'm really broken today even though it's been obvious for a while we'd go down. Why is this sick degenerate attacking me?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 6:19]
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:11 - Apr 14 with 2467 viewsBenters2

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:03 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'm really broken today even though it's been obvious for a while we'd go down. Why is this sick degenerate attacking me?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 6:19]

Yeah mate I am to I am gutted,it isn’t a great feeling getting relegated.

Perhaps he is back on the bottle I don’t know!?.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:16 - Apr 14 with 2466 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:11 - Apr 14 by Benters2

Yeah mate I am to I am gutted,it isn’t a great feeling getting relegated.

Perhaps he is back on the bottle I don’t know!?.

Or he has failed for the 156th time to get a girlfriend.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:26 - Apr 14 with 2456 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m off to kip as the UFC just finished.

Let’s all take a moment to look at the bigger picture here. Arguing on TWTD isn’t going to help. We’re all gonna be touchy today because of the mathematical confirmation.

Let’s try to calm eh? We’re all town fans at the end of the day.

I’m off to sleep. Wonder if this thread will still be around when I wake up.

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:26 - Apr 14 with 2454 viewsBenters2

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 06:16 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Or he has failed for the 156th time to get a girlfriend.

Haha 😂
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 08:12 - Apr 14 with 2409 viewsballycastle

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:18 - Apr 13 by CarlosValderrama

The ignorant fans that hounded Mick out should be blamed equally.

You may as well blame MM, his football style meant that thousands of fans stopped going, this meant that ME decided to get rid and try a different approach, the new approach was worse.
We were relegated due to not having MM as manager, which was the fault of MM himself.

Or something like that.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 08:21 - Apr 14 with 2405 viewsm14_blue

Jesus Rommers, the last thing I want to do is argue with you but I’m genuinely staggered that such a clever guy still hasn’t got this.

You, Benters and Mach aren’t some sort of footballing Magi who can see things the rest of us can’t and you’ve never been shouted down for suggesting we could go down under Evans (although you also used to say we’d NEVER go down under Mick so not sure how you square that circle). It’s hardly rocket science that if you continually spend less than the other teams in the league you’re likely to struggle. I don’t think anyone is particularly surprised that it’s come to this or that it is in large part down to this underinvestment.

The reasons people have taken issue with you are.

1. The continued implication that you are somehow not a real fan if you don’t want to protest or song songs about the owner. Along with the condescending attitude that somehow no one else can possibly see what’s going on.
2. The personal abuse of a man who has put more money into the club than anyone else in history and who’s only crime is to be unwilling or unable to keep up with the insane state of modern football.
3. The idea that saying ‘Evans Out’ miraculously solves the problem, or indeed that protesting at a match would. The club is up for sale, there really isn’t much else he can do. You can’t simply change an owner like you can a manager, it’s massively naive to think otherwise.

Everyone would like a richer, more engaged owner but there aren’t many about.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 08:58 - Apr 14 with 2372 viewsmr_bean

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:37 - Apr 13 by Johnny_Boy

It hasn't been just him though.

Most of the managers under his stewardship must accept some level of blame. Even MM's short vision management of the club as a whole for the 5+ years can't be ignored.

Yes, but who appointed those managers in the first place?

How much due diligence did he apply when he chose those managers? I suppose we'll never know exactly, but I suspect that for most of the appointments he could have done more research and sought advice from a wider range of people.

What we *are* starting to get a good idea about now, though, is the fact that he bought the club despite having little interest in it. He thought he could buy it, throw some money at it to start with, and then end up with a Premier League club in short order.

He needs to show some serious interest in it now.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 09:02 - Apr 14 with 2368 viewsBenters2

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 08:58 - Apr 14 by mr_bean

Yes, but who appointed those managers in the first place?

How much due diligence did he apply when he chose those managers? I suppose we'll never know exactly, but I suspect that for most of the appointments he could have done more research and sought advice from a wider range of people.

What we *are* starting to get a good idea about now, though, is the fact that he bought the club despite having little interest in it. He thought he could buy it, throw some money at it to start with, and then end up with a Premier League club in short order.

He needs to show some serious interest in it now.

This.
Whatever Rommers on 09:20 - Apr 14 with 2360 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Whatever Rommers on 20:32 - Apr 13 by Dyland

Get out of your bubble buh. "Shouted down"... maybe by a handful of posters on an internet forum... whatever. 99% of fans feel and think the same as you.

There was a chant against ME. It was "Evans you're a co ont", and it was as shameful as his useless running of the club.

Sometime when I listen to the bolllix on here and the MEG PR I think we all deserve each other. And it makes me sad I support this great club with all our pr1ck fans and utterly inept owner.

COYFB

I am very sorry to see you relegated to League 1. It was something I thought I would never see.

I work match days a Ipswich Town and was born in Ipswich and I always look out for Ipswich results and have been to games this season.

I have been very impressed with your support yesterday when you went 1-0 down. Unperturbed, you generated more noise and I was delighted you equalized and the noise you generated yesterday showed how much you love the club.

I am very sad to see Ipswich in this state and I think too much was changed to soon, in terms of the playing squad at the start of the season. It is imperative that you have a strong defence and a Daryl Murphy sort off striker in the Championship to stand any chance each season.

I do think they need to review the parachute payment situation in the Championship because it is unfair for teams like Ipswich when teams coming down can spend huge amounts whilst Ipswich's budget was nowhere near teams coming down like Stoke or West Brom. We were guilty of that when we came down twice in 2009 and in 2016.

I sincerely hope you come back stronger like Southampton and use this opportunity to rebuild. A huge review needs to be done at the end of the season about where Evans wants to go and whether he wants to stay. The investment in a League 1 club needs to be high as you get £500,000 a season in TV money and then looking at the 23 home matches about pay on the day match attendances.

I just hope you have a good start to 2019/2020 and this time next year you will be back as champions or runners up of League 1. All the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024