Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... 11:52 - Apr 8 with 13631 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.itfcdirect.com/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/VisualSeatSelection.aspx?st

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:44 - Apr 8 with 4819 viewsPJH

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:41 - Apr 8 by britbiker

Bearing in mind we won that court case regarding policing costs outside the ground, I can't imagine the police will be too concerned whether or not ITFC can maximise revenue from the game.

They should be a bit concerned about what might happen near the ground and in Ipswich town centre though.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:45 - Apr 8 with 4819 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:37 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

What is the SAG group?

It is a difficult one for the club, that day could be absolute chaos.

All those with an input on to the health and safety and smooth running of events - I was involved on it through a tenuous connection for something a few years ago, but it includes; police, fire, ambulance, Suffolk CC, Transport (road and rail) representations, Ipswich BC etc, plus the host of the event (so ITFC in this instance).
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 15:48]

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:46 - Apr 8 with 4812 viewsReuser_is_God

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:45 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

All those with an input on to the health and safety and smooth running of events - I was involved on it through a tenuous connection for something a few years ago, but it includes; police, fire, ambulance, Suffolk CC, Transport (road and rail) representations, Ipswich BC etc, plus the host of the event (so ITFC in this instance).
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 15:48]

I can see why they are nervous about it to be fair.

Thousands of rampant Leeds fans on what could be the biggest day for their club since the start of the millennium.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:49 - Apr 8 with 4803 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:46 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

Thousands of rampant Leeds fans on what could be the biggest day for their club since the start of the millennium.

Absolutely, but if the Leeds fans are in the town anyway (let's face it, they're not going to listen to requests not to travel), we may as well let them in the ground and make a few quid - and the authorities will know there's more of them in one place, rather than running amok in the town centre.

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:51 - Apr 8 with 4797 viewsPJH

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:49 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

Absolutely, but if the Leeds fans are in the town anyway (let's face it, they're not going to listen to requests not to travel), we may as well let them in the ground and make a few quid - and the authorities will know there's more of them in one place, rather than running amok in the town centre.

Yes, I don't know who's decision it was to not give Leeds more tickets but whoever made the decision it has huge potential to be the wrong decision whichever way you look at it.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:55 - Apr 8 with 4775 viewsReuser_is_God

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:49 - Apr 8 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, agreed.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 17:57 - Apr 8 with 4665 viewsRadlett_blue

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 15:46 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

The club, presumably after consultation with the police, have presumably decided that it will be easier to police 2,000 Leeds fans than 5,000. The only problem will be if hordes of ticketless Leeds fans turn up, which I'm sure will happen if it looks like being a make or break game for them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 19:44 - Apr 8 with 4604 viewsportscene

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 17:57 - Apr 8 by Radlett_blue

The club, presumably after consultation with the police, have presumably decided that it will be easier to police 2,000 Leeds fans than 5,000. The only problem will be if hordes of ticketless Leeds fans turn up, which I'm sure will happen if it looks like being a make or break game for them.

Alright lads. Leeds fan here in peace.
If we are only getting 2,000 tickets, going to be a real blow. Hotels ordered etc for us and many more.
I thought I would be okay for 2 away tickets and our lad bought two home end ones for your Birmingham game to get a purchase history, but both plans look thwarted. 2,000 tickets means only those who have attended all but 2 games will qualify.
As someone said up the thread, all hotels are sold out for miles around.
Long shot I know, but we are hoping someone will take pity on us and help us with 4 tickets for the home end. Family of 4 (I'm the Grandad) including an 8 year old, so we are not exactly Harry the Dog and F Troop. Two or more of us have been in the home end at Wednesday, Boro, Rotherham, Brum and West Brom and are in the players lounge for Preston tomorrow, always sat on hands, respectful etc.
We have two tickets anyone who helps can have for the Brum game, and happy to send the money in advance for the tickets.
If you would prefer to contact me privately, send an e-mail to mail@portscene.com
All help greatly appreciated - no abuse please.
I won't be back on until the morning.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 21:42 - Apr 8 with 4521 viewsOxford_Blue

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 12:00 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

Silly from the club - we should be giving them the whole stand and getting tickets on sale early to make some (non-refundable) money in case they aren't in the race on last day

Having 8-10,000 fans would be a very difficult sitauation for the club given Leeds’ reputation and possibility they don’t go up. The costs of policing that number of people would be significant and be borne by the club.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 00:17 - Apr 9 with 4453 viewsmoggie

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 19:44 - Apr 8 by portscene

Alright lads. Leeds fan here in peace.
If we are only getting 2,000 tickets, going to be a real blow. Hotels ordered etc for us and many more.
I thought I would be okay for 2 away tickets and our lad bought two home end ones for your Birmingham game to get a purchase history, but both plans look thwarted. 2,000 tickets means only those who have attended all but 2 games will qualify.
As someone said up the thread, all hotels are sold out for miles around.
Long shot I know, but we are hoping someone will take pity on us and help us with 4 tickets for the home end. Family of 4 (I'm the Grandad) including an 8 year old, so we are not exactly Harry the Dog and F Troop. Two or more of us have been in the home end at Wednesday, Boro, Rotherham, Brum and West Brom and are in the players lounge for Preston tomorrow, always sat on hands, respectful etc.
We have two tickets anyone who helps can have for the Brum game, and happy to send the money in advance for the tickets.
If you would prefer to contact me privately, send an e-mail to mail@portscene.com
All help greatly appreciated - no abuse please.
I won't be back on until the morning.

Its a shocking decision by itfc not to give leeds more tickets.
Im sure ipswich fans will sell there tickets on the day for a tidy profit.
The police and stewards are going to be busy.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 00:55 - Apr 9 with 4445 viewsStNeotsBlue

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 12:25 - Apr 8 by textbackup

Of all the stupid things I’ve heard!

Pretty much every hotel in a 15 miles radius of Ipswich is sold out.

A Leeds fan I know has had to book his hotel in Yarmouth. He reckons five figures will be in the area that weekend.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 08:17 - Apr 9 with 4323 viewsitfcjoe

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 17:57 - Apr 8 by Radlett_blue

This isn't ging to stop Leeds fans coming to Ipswich though - is it easier to police 5-6k in the ground or 2k in the ground and 3-4k in the town centre?

Get them all in the ground, contained and basically off the booze for 3 hours and it will be a much easier day for Suffolk Plod.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 09:33 - Apr 9 with 4278 viewsPhilTWTD

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 08:17 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

This isn't ging to stop Leeds fans coming to Ipswich though - is it easier to police 5-6k in the ground or 2k in the ground and 3-4k in the town centre?

Get them all in the ground, contained and basically off the booze for 3 hours and it will be a much easier day for Suffolk Plod.

Think this is what the the police etc have been pondering for the last couple of months and have come out on the side of sticking with the usual allocation. I assume they feel that will deter some from travelling and reduce the overall numbers they'll have to deal with.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 09:49 - Apr 9 with 4249 viewsPJH

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 09:33 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

Think this is what the the police etc have been pondering for the last couple of months and have come out on the side of sticking with the usual allocation. I assume they feel that will deter some from travelling and reduce the overall numbers they'll have to deal with.

Potential chaos then.

If Leeds cannot make the top two on that day then there obviously will be a lot less travelling but if they can make the top two.....
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 10:05 - Apr 9 with 4223 viewsitfcjoe

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 09:33 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

They need a kick up the backside then - the only way there will be less travelling is if Sheffield United have sealed 2nd place. With the way this season has gone between those 2 it seems hugely unlikely.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 10:07 - Apr 9 with 4219 viewsPhilTWTD

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 09:49 - Apr 9 by PJH

Potential chaos then.

If Leeds cannot make the top two on that day then there obviously will be a lot less travelling but if they can make the top two.....

Probably potential chaos either way. If we'd given them 5,000 tickets like last year then there probably would have been even more of their fans around town once the game was over. Ideally, Norwich will go on a six-game losing streak from here and Leeds and Sheffield United's promotion will already have been confirmed by then.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 10:09 - Apr 9 with 4213 viewsPhilTWTD

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 10:05 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

They need a kick up the backside then - the only way there will be less travelling is if Sheffield United have sealed 2nd place. With the way this season has gone between those 2 it seems hugely unlikely.

I doubt they'll travel in quite the same numbers with 3,000 fewer tickets than if they'd have been given the allocation they were given last year. I think they're anticipating a busy afternoon whatever and arte just trying to mitigate as best they can.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 11:05 - Apr 9 with 4167 viewstextbackup

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 10:09 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

I doubt they'll travel in quite the same numbers with 3,000 fewer tickets than if they'd have been given the allocation they were given last year. I think they're anticipating a busy afternoon whatever and arte just trying to mitigate as best they can.

its like that police force live under a fcking rock!

is there nobody you can speak to at the club to say that most fans think its an insane decision?

why havent the club used their heads with this either..... close off the cattle market, police pen in all the leeds fans, set up beer tents etc. we are so fcking backwards with everything we do

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 11:16 - Apr 9 with 4154 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 11:05 - Apr 9 by textbackup

its like that police force live under a fcking rock!

is there nobody you can speak to at the club to say that most fans think its an insane decision?

why havent the club used their heads with this either..... close off the cattle market, police pen in all the leeds fans, set up beer tents etc. we are so fcking backwards with everything we do

Create a fanzone just for away fans.

Can remember the first time we played Cardiff at home in 2003-04 (think that was also a last home game of the season).... as well as the Station Hotel, they re-opened Hollywoods for the away fans as well.

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 11:23 - Apr 9 with 4148 viewstextbackup

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 11:16 - Apr 9 by ITFC_Forever

Create a fanzone just for away fans.

Can remember the first time we played Cardiff at home in 2003-04 (think that was also a last home game of the season).... as well as the Station Hotel, they re-opened Hollywoods for the away fans as well.

yep. and westham got it for the playoffs.

this club/town is so backwards at times, an absolute fortune to be made this game if done correctly. arrange it with leeds, 50/50 on policing etc.

theyve all taken the easy way out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 13:06 - Apr 9 with 4070 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 10:09 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

It's clearly the wrong decision though isn't it. I'd go so far to say crazy.

From every perspective they should have been given at least the whole of the Cobbold. Financial, security etc etc. It's a bank holiday weekend, Leeds are likely to be a result away from gaining promotion and these people think by restricting them to 2,000 seats will stop them travelling. There will be at the very least hundreds in town without tickets and plenty more in the home end. Some will aggresively try to get access without tickets etc.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 13:15 - Apr 9 with 4060 viewsPhilTWTD

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 13:06 - Apr 9 by PrideOfTheEast

It's clearly the wrong decision though isn't it. I'd go so far to say crazy.

From every perspective they should have been given at least the whole of the Cobbold. Financial, security etc etc. It's a bank holiday weekend, Leeds are likely to be a result away from gaining promotion and these people think by restricting them to 2,000 seats will stop them travelling. There will be at the very least hundreds in town without tickets and plenty more in the home end. Some will aggresively try to get access without tickets etc.

Just looking at it from the perspective I imagine the police etc are. I know more tickets had been under discussion but I assume they just felt encouraging more Leeds fans into town would be more hassle, cost etc. The fact that it's a Bank Holiday weekend means police resources are stretched more than they would otherwise be, so that will have come into it as well.

All things being equal, the club would probably have been up for the additional income having instigated last year's arrangement.
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 13:59 - Apr 9 with 4002 viewsRadlett_blue

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 11:23 - Apr 9 by textbackup

yep. and westham got it for the playoffs.

this club/town is so backwards at times, an absolute fortune to be made this game if done correctly. arrange it with leeds, 50/50 on policing etc.

theyve all taken the easy way out

Just as they do by following police "advice" about having derby matches kick off on a Sunday at 12:00.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 16:52 - Apr 9 with 3937 viewsstrikalite

Without a doubt we should be cashing in,but are we all sure that Leeds won't be showing the game on a screen at Elland Road though? Maybe that's why we're only giving the usual allocation?

Though I know a lot will just want to say they were here...
Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 16:54 - Apr 9 with 3934 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds have only got the usual away allocation for the final game.... on 16:52 - Apr 9 by strikalite

Without a doubt we should be cashing in,but are we all sure that Leeds won't be showing the game on a screen at Elland Road though? Maybe that's why we're only giving the usual allocation?

Though I know a lot will just want to say they were here...

They will be showing it on a big screen, but Leeds would still have sold 10000 tickets for this game, as well as selling out the beam-back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024