Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that didn’t go to plan 21:48 - Mar 27 with 7091 viewsSamuelowen88

None of the options were supported.... so yup, MP’s taking back control is going well

Poll: England v Wales Score

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:17 - Mar 27 with 1973 viewsJ2BLUE

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:15 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Suggesting that you are clutching at straws is not a tantrum. I am calm!

Oh I see, you're just a bit thick

If you can't see the logic in what I said then I worry about you. Tell me how you think parliament resolves this without a referendum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:18 - Mar 27 with 1972 viewsSpruceMoose

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:16 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

I'm in.

Excellent. I'll get Footers to send the paperwork over. Would you be open to changing your avatar to something more aligned with both of our aims?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 23:22]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:19 - Mar 27 with 1972 viewsJ2BLUE

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:17 - Mar 27 by SpruceMoose

The first referendum said 'we want to leave'. It didn't answer 'how do we leave?' as we weren't even asked that. That's what a second referendum would give people the chance to look at, despite our politicians inability to articulate what that even looks like.

Is this how you want to leave?

More democracy can never be less democracy.

Plus Jacob 'man of the people, defender of democracy, ruler of the ERG, hardcore Eurosceptic' Rees-Mogg said this in the House of Commons

Edited to correct posted on Twitter to said in the HoC
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 23:31]

Truly impaired.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:21 - Mar 27 with 1962 viewsgazzer1999

The first referendum said 'we want to leave'. It didn't answer 'how do we leave?' as we weren't even asked that. That's what a second referendum would give people the chance to look at, despite our politicians inability to articulate what that even looks like.

How we leave? what like in my blue coat and trousers?Have you actually read the leave document? and I mean all of it.
Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:23 - Mar 27 with 1950 viewsSpruceMoose

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:21 - Mar 27 by gazzer1999

How we leave? what like in my blue coat and trousers?Have you actually read the leave document? and I mean all of it.

Have you been drinking again Gazza? I ask because you've rocked up here with a bucket of fried chicken and waving your rod about

The first referendum didn't set out terms for leaving.

Once those are established, seems right to put it to everyone again.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 23:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:26 - Mar 27 with 1932 viewsSeablu

Well that didn’t go to plan on 22:06 - Mar 27 by pickles110564

But may will dissolve this sitting and restart Parliament which means her vote can come back again and this time the Labour leave MP's will vote for it.

When you learn to write and punctuate correctly you might actually be taken semi-seriously.
Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:26 - Mar 27 with 1919 viewsfooters

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:21 - Mar 27 by gazzer1999

Have you finished The Hungry Caterpillar?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:30 - Mar 27 with 1908 viewspointofblue

And because of that (and I say this as a Remainer) then No Deal Brexit has to be on the ballot with a preferential vote between that, exiting with the tabled deal and Remain. After Brexit was voted for one clear option of leaving shouldn’t be removed simply because those in the Commons feels it’s the wrong choice. Take No Deal off the table and the far right will be fuelled - possibly strains of the far left too - resulting in a more unpleasant and split country than we reside in now.

Furthermore, it’s more likely to get support in the Commons if the options are as varied as possible; Brexiteers and Remainers might see it as a way to get what they want.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:30 - Mar 27 with 1904 viewsJ2BLUE

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:26 - Mar 27 by footers

Have you finished The Hungry Caterpillar?

Don't spoil the ending please.

Truly impaired.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:32 - Mar 27 with 1892 viewsSpruceMoose

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:30 - Mar 27 by pointofblue

And because of that (and I say this as a Remainer) then No Deal Brexit has to be on the ballot with a preferential vote between that, exiting with the tabled deal and Remain. After Brexit was voted for one clear option of leaving shouldn’t be removed simply because those in the Commons feels it’s the wrong choice. Take No Deal off the table and the far right will be fuelled - possibly strains of the far left too - resulting in a more unpleasant and split country than we reside in now.

Furthermore, it’s more likely to get support in the Commons if the options are as varied as possible; Brexiteers and Remainers might see it as a way to get what they want.

Having no deal on the ballot is like having euthanasia as a potential treatment plan for appendicitis!

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:33 - Mar 27 with 1876 viewsJ2BLUE

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:32 - Mar 27 by SpruceMoose

Having no deal on the ballot is like having euthanasia as a potential treatment plan for appendicitis!

Meh let them have it. It hasn't got anywhere near the support to win and will divide the pro Brexit campaign as they argue over what type of Brexit is the true Brexit. Remain can focus on the positives and let the leave campaigns destroy each other.

Truly impaired.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:35 - Mar 27 with 1871 viewsfooters

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:30 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

Sadly, I already know the answer as gazzer1999's review was published in the Paris Review of Books last week. I shall let you read his startling conclusions for yourself. Most illuminating.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:36 - Mar 27 with 1869 viewsSpruceMoose

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:33 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

Meh let them have it. It hasn't got anywhere near the support to win and will divide the pro Brexit campaign as they argue over what type of Brexit is the true Brexit. Remain can focus on the positives and let the leave campaigns destroy each other.

I'm not so confident that a no deal referendum choice won't be lied about and fudged around so much that it starts to appeal to people.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:38 - Mar 27 with 1854 viewsJ2BLUE

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:36 - Mar 27 by SpruceMoose

I'm not so confident that a no deal referendum choice won't be lied about and fudged around so much that it starts to appeal to people.

Hmm. I suppose if we're Cersei's army there is a chance the white walkers win and the Night King raises Jon's dead army against Cersei.

I think the softer option would win though and splitting their campaign seems like a golden opportunity.

Truly impaired.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:40 - Mar 27 with 1837 viewspointofblue

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:36 - Mar 27 by SpruceMoose

On a preferential vote basis I think the deal will get to 50% after the first and second choices are counted as it’s the compromise option. I really cannot see No Deal Brexit managing that bearing in mind the split was just over a million votes in a head to head in 2016.

Either way I think it’s a risk which will need to be taken; if No Deal is removed from the ballot without the people having an option to vote for it it’ll be seen as a parliamentary fudge, even by some who wouldn't have voted for it but see it as an understandable option considering the first referendum result.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:40 - Mar 27 with 1836 viewsXYZ

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:30 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

Says the board's butterfly.
Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:41 - Mar 27 with 1827 viewsfooters

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:40 - Mar 27 by XYZ

Says the board's butterfly.

Natural Lib Dem.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:48 - Mar 27 with 1801 viewsGuthrum

Surprise!

(Not surprised)

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:57 - Mar 27 with 1774 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:32 - Mar 27 by SpruceMoose

But do you disagree with their logic? Makes sense to me......apart from I would expect the result to still be close one way or the other.....the genie is out of the bottle.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Well that didn’t go to plan on 00:16 - Mar 28 with 1742 viewsXYZ

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:41 - Mar 27 by footers

Natural Lib Dem.

Natural free thinker still exploring. Doesn't sit on the fence. Hurdles it when he decides to, intelligently and unapologetically.

Nothing like a lib dem really.
Well that didn’t go to plan on 08:47 - Mar 28 with 1671 viewsflimflam

Well that didn’t go to plan on 21:54 - Mar 27 by Sarge

Most popular option was a second referendum. How many times will May’s deal have to lose before it gets accepted? This is a weird kind of democracy.

But it still lost the vote?

How can losing something be twisted into almost winning so thats good enough?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Well that didn’t go to plan on 08:56 - Mar 28 with 1665 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well that didn’t go to plan on 23:40 - Mar 27 by pointofblue

On a preferential vote basis I think the deal will get to 50% after the first and second choices are counted as it’s the compromise option. I really cannot see No Deal Brexit managing that bearing in mind the split was just over a million votes in a head to head in 2016.

Either way I think it’s a risk which will need to be taken; if No Deal is removed from the ballot without the people having an option to vote for it it’ll be seen as a parliamentary fudge, even by some who wouldn't have voted for it but see it as an understandable option considering the first referendum result.

I think sky were reporting their poll showing 46 % would back no deal last night in another referendum. So on transferrable votes it would all be equally close/divisive again and if the dispossessed turn out again then leave probably win again imho.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024