Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... 17:30 - Mar 27 with 10993 viewsJ2BLUE

According to Sky News

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:44 - Mar 27 with 2332 viewsgiant_stow

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:40 - Mar 27 by sparks

She seems to be putting country above party and personal interest. She'd ratehr go than lose what she considers the best solution.

I'd say she's protecting her deal and therefore own legacy. She's also trying to save the Tories from eating themselves like they would if the deal didn't pass. All so we can be worse off and with less power than before. It's shameful, a total dereliction of duty to the country.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:50 - Mar 27 with 2321 viewsTrequartista

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:40 - Mar 27 by sparks

She seems to be putting country above party and personal interest. She'd ratehr go than lose what she considers the best solution.

If she was putting the country first, she would have delivered a brexit without her red lines. She refuses to budge because the Conservative Party would implode, and at precisely the time it is slipping away in Parliament she is complicit in a deal with brexiteers.

Having let the dust settle a bit, I am now not so certain it is going to get through. The DUP may be a lot of things but propping up her Government to sacrifice what they cannot stand in her deal i do not think is going to happen.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:50 - Mar 27 with 2321 viewsLeoMuff

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:44 - Mar 27 by giant_stow

I'd say she's protecting her deal and therefore own legacy. She's also trying to save the Tories from eating themselves like they would if the deal didn't pass. All so we can be worse off and with less power than before. It's shameful, a total dereliction of duty to the country.

How can this deal, which was openly painted as the worst of all worlds, worse than remaining for the Erg now be ok, just because we lose Maybot ?

I really don’t get the thinking here, I thought this deal was so unpopular it set HOC records, it’s bizarre.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:02 - Mar 27 with 2299 viewsgordon

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:50 - Mar 27 by LeoMuff

How can this deal, which was openly painted as the worst of all worlds, worse than remaining for the Erg now be ok, just because we lose Maybot ?

I really don’t get the thinking here, I thought this deal was so unpopular it set HOC records, it’s bizarre.

It was never really about the Withdrawal agreement except for the DUP. The deal barely covers anything - it agrees a fee to cover outstanding liabilities, that EU/UK won't kick out the others citizens, and describes how we will deal with the Irish border until we've got a full deal in place.

For Labour, opposition was to put pressure on a weak PM, for the Tory remainers it was to try to overturn Brexit, and for the ERG it was to try and push us to a cliff-edge brexit. But in practical terms, no-one really disagrees with what's in the withdrawal agreement.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 20:03]
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:09 - Mar 27 with 2286 viewsgiant_stow

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:02 - Mar 27 by gordon

It was never really about the Withdrawal agreement except for the DUP. The deal barely covers anything - it agrees a fee to cover outstanding liabilities, that EU/UK won't kick out the others citizens, and describes how we will deal with the Irish border until we've got a full deal in place.

For Labour, opposition was to put pressure on a weak PM, for the Tory remainers it was to try to overturn Brexit, and for the ERG it was to try and push us to a cliff-edge brexit. But in practical terms, no-one really disagrees with what's in the withdrawal agreement.

Not even the backstop? Personally, I think that's worse than hard brexit.

I could be muddled* and confused, but I'd say you're very wrong in your assessment there.

*Very late edit:, clearly a bit emotional
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 20:20]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:10 - Mar 27 with 2281 viewspickles110564

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 18:48 - Mar 27 by footers

Depends if MV3 will even be allowed to be put again. Can they change it substantially enough to override Bercow's ruling? Doubt it, given May's previous positions.

She will shut down parliament and start a new session which will allow the vote to come back.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:12 - Mar 27 with 2271 viewspickles110564

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:07 - Mar 27 by jas0999

Shameful stuff. Tory MPs now voting for a deal they said was rubbish.

Will of the people.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:14 - Mar 27 with 2259 viewsgiant_stow

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:12 - Mar 27 by pickles110564

Will of the people.

I thought the people wanted more control not less.

Edit I'm forgetting immigration
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 20:16]

Login to get fewer ads

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:15 - Mar 27 with 2256 viewssparks

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:50 - Mar 27 by Trequartista

If she was putting the country first, she would have delivered a brexit without her red lines. She refuses to budge because the Conservative Party would implode, and at precisely the time it is slipping away in Parliament she is complicit in a deal with brexiteers.

Having let the dust settle a bit, I am now not so certain it is going to get through. The DUP may be a lot of things but propping up her Government to sacrifice what they cannot stand in her deal i do not think is going to happen.

Stop buying Corbyn's narrative about red lines.

These "red lines" are basically the fundamental tenets of leaving the EU- nothing more, and nothing unreasonable or dogmatic. To leave without the benefits, and lose the influence, would be utterly stupid.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:17 - Mar 27 with 2245 viewsLeoMuff

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:02 - Mar 27 by gordon

Well if they were only disagreeing with it for political purposes, why go so overtop in comments in the press eg worse than no deal, a suicide belt, deranged, humiliating.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:20 - Mar 27 with 2237 viewssparks

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:17 - Mar 27 by LeoMuff

Well if they were only disagreeing with it for political purposes, why go so overtop in comments in the press eg worse than no deal, a suicide belt, deranged, humiliating.

Their comments are correct. Thats the most concerning thing. The backstop could well mean that we leave, but are still stuck to the EU's whim forever, with no proper means of detaching ourselves. It puts all the power for negotiations in their court as well- because they can simply hold it over us. Its an awful arrangement which is constitutionally objectionable for that reason.

Politicans who took the same view but will now vote for it in self interest deserve our utter contempt.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:22 - Mar 27 with 2226 viewsDarth_Koont

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 18:00 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

Nice oxymoron there.

Best image of a swivel-eyed loon yet.

Pronouns: He/Him

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:22 - Mar 27 with 2226 viewspickles110564

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:20 - Mar 27 by sparks

Their comments are correct. Thats the most concerning thing. The backstop could well mean that we leave, but are still stuck to the EU's whim forever, with no proper means of detaching ourselves. It puts all the power for negotiations in their court as well- because they can simply hold it over us. Its an awful arrangement which is constitutionally objectionable for that reason.

Politicans who took the same view but will now vote for it in self interest deserve our utter contempt.

Or they have tried their best to change it but have realised they will possibly lose Brexit and can negogiate again during the next phase with a leaver in control.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:23 - Mar 27 with 2221 viewsgiant_stow

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:20 - Mar 27 by sparks

Being in the backstop would also make our negotiating position even weaker in the next stage. It's actually beyond contempt.

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:31 - Mar 27 with 2194 viewssparks

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:23 - Mar 27 by giant_stow

Being in the backstop would also make our negotiating position even weaker in the next stage. It's actually beyond contempt.

That was my point. Its a constant threat under the table in negotiations.

There is no obvious solution to the issue- and right now I cant see how it is ever going to be solved to the EUs satisfaction which means we lose all the benefits of the EU but retain the position of being in its thrall.

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:41 - Mar 27 with 2174 viewsXYZ

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:31 - Mar 27 by sparks

There is no obvious solution to the issue- and right now I cant see how it is ever going to be solved to the EUs satisfaction which means we lose all the benefits of the EU but retain the position of being in its thrall.

"retain the position of being in its thrall. "

What do you mean by this? It just sounds like a wolf whistle.

I'd rather be in the EU's "thrall" than that of 120,000 tory members with an average age of about 70.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:46 - Mar 27 with 2156 viewsFtnfwest

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 19:07 - Mar 27 by jas0999

Shameful stuff. Tory MPs now voting for a deal they said was rubbish.

What changing their mind over brexit? Only they could do that...
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:50 - Mar 27 with 2143 viewsfooters

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:31 - Mar 27 by sparks

There is an obvious solution - tell all the idiots that parliament is sovereign and we're revoking A50. Tough titties.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:57 - Mar 27 with 2121 viewsgordon

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:41 - Mar 27 by XYZ

"retain the position of being in its thrall. "

What do you mean by this? It just sounds like a wolf whistle.

I'd rather be in the EU's "thrall" than that of 120,000 tory members with an average age of about 70.

That's the point - these arguments only make any sense if you accept the narrative that the EU are out to do a number on us.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:00 - Mar 27 with 2111 viewsTrequartista

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:15 - Mar 27 by sparks

Stop buying Corbyn's narrative about red lines.

These "red lines" are basically the fundamental tenets of leaving the EU- nothing more, and nothing unreasonable or dogmatic. To leave without the benefits, and lose the influence, would be utterly stupid.

Corbyn never entered my mind - we voted to leave the EU, there were no further details on the ballot paper. Therefore any situation where we leave the EU fulfils that mandate. Any benefits or pitfalls resulting from how we leave are purely predictive and subjective.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the opportunism of Johnson et al, but I believe May has pursued the only line that respects the referendum and keeps her party together. That's not a shameful position but it is party above country.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:02 - Mar 27 with 2105 viewsDarth_Koont

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:57 - Mar 27 by gordon

That's the point - these arguments only make any sense if you accept the narrative that the EU are out to do a number on us.

"The EU are out to do a number on the citizens of the UK, Greece and Italy."

So say the British, Greek and Italian politicians and influencers who have done a number on their own citizens.

Pronouns: He/Him

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:06 - Mar 27 with 2097 viewsXYZ

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:02 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

So say the British, Greek and Italian politicians and influencers who have done a number on their own citizens.

Quite - classic distraction theft.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:18 - Mar 27 with 2071 viewsgordon

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:17 - Mar 27 by LeoMuff

The language from Rees-Mogg and Johnson et al. is more a consequence of the fact that they don't really understand the choices implied by Brexit. We were always going to have to do something like the backstop, their 'anger' is a way to shift the blame for that away from themselves.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:25 - Mar 27 with 2056 viewssyntaxerror

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 20:12 - Mar 27 by pickles110564

Will of the people.

At the moment its the will of 10 people, some of whom think the world is 4000 years old, and at least one who wanted to take up arms to break the Good Friday agreement.
May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:38 - Mar 27 with 2029 viewspickles110564

May will stand down when Brexit is delivered... on 21:02 - Mar 27 by Darth_Koont

LOL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024