Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red lines! 10:42 - Mar 24 with 16704 viewsbluejacko

Just watched Andrew Marr,now if the SNP and Labour have got their red lines but are not prepared to budge on them what makes everybody think the Govt should move on theirs.
Total cock up all round if nobody wants to compromise then no deal it is because there is no other option!
Red lines! on 14:22 - Mar 24 with 3168 viewsjeera

Red lines! on 14:15 - Mar 24 by Leaky

Sorry teacher, I will put my dunces hat on, and sit in the naughty chair.
Problem when your posting on a smart phone while putting a garden shed up

Putting up a garden shed.

Less of the split infinitives please.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sir, your Boaty McBoatface analogy is superb.. permission to plagiarise (n/t) on 14:34 - Mar 24 with 3168 viewsunstableblue

Red lines! on 11:10 - Mar 24 by BlueBadger

Actually, there is. Be a grown up, acknowledge it for the costly, embarrassing, destructive, divisive clusterf*ck that it is and forget about the whole stupid idea.

We didn't call a boat 'Boaty McBoatface' despite the Will of the People saying we should because it was patently a stupid idea, neither should we do this. At the very least not without further consultation now YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE GETTING.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 11:20]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Red lines! on 14:41 - Mar 24 with 3161 viewsRyorry

Red lines! on 12:44 - Mar 24 by pickles110564

So to reverse the result you say it would have to be 60 - 40 in way of remain?

I meant 60-40 to leave, in order for it to have been clear-cut that people really did want to abandon the status quo, and also for people to accept that was the clear "will of the people", instead of the complete mess & uncertainty that's shackling us now.

If we did have a 2nd ref now (unlikely) it should be on the same split as the one that took us out (or may take us out I guess atm).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Go for it, I nicked it off someone else in the first place. (n/t) on 15:57 - Mar 24 with 3131 viewsBlueBadger

Sir, your Boaty McBoatface analogy is superb.. permission to plagiarise (n/t) on 14:34 - Mar 24 by unstableblue

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Red lines! on 16:02 - Mar 24 with 3126 viewsGuthrum

Red lines - don't do it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Red lines! on 16:03 - Mar 24 with 3125 viewshomer_123

Red lines! on 11:18 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

There are many other options than no deal. Stop blaming the wrong people for this cock up, it's all on the heads of Brexiteers, May, and her government.

Herbs - come on.

The fault lies squarely with Cameron and the Tory party. A leader who thought it would be a good idea to solve an internal party issue with a pubic referendum and never, once, thought or considered the fact that people would actually vote leave.

He and the Tory part completely and utterly failed the electorate and the general public.

The public were given a binary choice and, whether you like it or not, it was not a huge surprise to see large swatches of people vote leave.

Regardless of the good work the EU has done and will do, it is not perfect. And also, the gaps between the haves and the have notes is growing wider, for the first time ever, social mobility is going backwards. We see corporations getting away with data breaches, tax evasion and so on. Not all of it the fault of the EU, some might be directly or indirectly but Cameron failed to see what was on the horizon and assumed Remain would prevail.

An epic clusterf*ck of a decision.

Couple that with May and the Toy parties continued in-fighting should mean the end of the party altogether, simply not fit to govern (it won't though).

There are lots of reasons why people voted the way they did, on both sides, rightly and wrongly.

But we are where we are because of a forty year hatred of the EU from a sector of the Tory part that came to head when Cameron thought he could sort it by calling a referendum.

If it is the peoples fault, then it lies with those that voted this government into power.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Red lines! on 16:07 - Mar 24 with 3119 viewsRyorry

Red lines! on 16:03 - Mar 24 by homer_123

Herbs - come on.

The fault lies squarely with Cameron and the Tory party. A leader who thought it would be a good idea to solve an internal party issue with a pubic referendum and never, once, thought or considered the fact that people would actually vote leave.

He and the Tory part completely and utterly failed the electorate and the general public.

The public were given a binary choice and, whether you like it or not, it was not a huge surprise to see large swatches of people vote leave.

Regardless of the good work the EU has done and will do, it is not perfect. And also, the gaps between the haves and the have notes is growing wider, for the first time ever, social mobility is going backwards. We see corporations getting away with data breaches, tax evasion and so on. Not all of it the fault of the EU, some might be directly or indirectly but Cameron failed to see what was on the horizon and assumed Remain would prevail.

Couple that with May and the Toy parties continued in-fighting should mean the end of the party altogether, simply not fit to govern (it won't though).

There are lots of reasons why people voted the way they did, on both sides, rightly and wrongly.

But we are where we are because of a forty year hatred of the EU from a sector of the Tory part that came to head when Cameron thought he could sort it by calling a referendum.

If it is the peoples fault, then it lies with those that voted this government into power.

Now that's what I call nuanced!

Well said.

Red lines! on 16:09 - Mar 24 with 3118 viewsDarth_Koont

Red lines! on 16:03 - Mar 24 by homer_123

Herbs - come on.

Disagree. For all of Cameron's work setting the scene, we had a prime opportunity after a narrow Leave vote to take stock.

May, showing her customary intelligence and competence that we've grown to love, instead went all in and was talking up a hard Brexit and brought in the stellar Davis to negotiate. Then she eventually wised up with the Chequers deal, got nowhere with that and now has effectively let the clock run out.

She's an utter liability as a politician and as a leader.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Red lines! on 16:12 - Mar 24 with 3111 viewshomer_123

Red lines! on 16:09 - Mar 24 by Darth_Koont

Disagree. For all of Cameron's work setting the scene, we had a prime opportunity after a narrow Leave vote to take stock.

May, showing her customary intelligence and competence that we've grown to love, instead went all in and was talking up a hard Brexit and brought in the stellar Davis to negotiate. Then she eventually wised up with the Chequers deal, got nowhere with that and now has effectively let the clock run out.

Cameron called the referendum.....called it wrong and then walked. Had he not called it, we would not have got May, we would not be where we are.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Red lines! on 16:12 - Mar 24 with 3111 viewsRyorry

Red lines! on 16:09 - Mar 24 by Darth_Koont

Two halves of the same game - but if we're talking root cause, the second wouldn't haven't happened without the first being played.

Red lines! on 16:19 - Mar 24 with 3103 viewsDarth_Koont

Red lines! on 16:12 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

Two halves of the same game - but if we're talking root cause, the second wouldn't haven't happened without the first being played.

Sure. Cameron played politics and miscalculated. May's done the same but this time with reality and real consequences staring her in the face. Over a three-year period too.

That's a step even further into failure and an inability to take responsibility. I'd rather she walked away than presiding over this sham for her own career and party goals.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 16:22]

Red lines! on 16:21 - Mar 24 with 3101 viewsRyorry

Red lines! on 16:19 - Mar 24 by Darth_Koont

Sure. Cameron played politics and miscalculated. May's done the same but this time with reality and real consequences staring her in the face. Over a three-year period too.

That's a step even further into failure and an inability to take responsibility. I'd rather she walked away than presiding over this sham for her own career and party goals.

I don't disagree!

Red lines! on 16:31 - Mar 24 with 3084 viewsjaykay

take your phone back and get your money back. under the trade descriptions act its not smart.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Red lines! on 17:09 - Mar 24 with 3063 viewsLeaky

Red lines! on 16:31 - Mar 24 by jaykay

take your phone back and get your money back. under the trade descriptions act its not smart.

Yeah ok. So what clever Dick.
Red lines! on 17:11 - Mar 24 with 3062 viewspickles110564

Red lines! on 14:41 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

I meant 60-40 to leave, in order for it to have been clear-cut that people really did want to abandon the status quo, and also for people to accept that was the clear "will of the people", instead of the complete mess & uncertainty that's shackling us now.

If we did have a 2nd ref now (unlikely) it should be on the same split as the one that took us out (or may take us out I guess atm).

Oh so when it does not suit you you change your view, been here before have we not?
Red lines! on 17:23 - Mar 24 with 3054 viewsjeera

Red lines! on 17:11 - Mar 24 by pickles110564

Oh so when it does not suit you you change your view, been here before have we not?

But to be fair, that is what Farage said before the referendum.

He said if the result was close there should be a rerun.

And as your spokesperson...

Red lines! on 17:25 - Mar 24 with 3048 viewsjeera

Dunce's.

It needs an apostrophe to be possessive.

Red lines! on 17:29 - Mar 24 with 3044 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Red lines! on 17:25 - Mar 24 by jeera

Dunce's.

It needs an apostrophe to be possessive.

It may have belonged to multiple dunces, in which case dunces'.....BDS providing the bigger picture at your service!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Red lines! on 17:47 - Mar 24 with 3028 viewsgtsb

It's sad that it has come to this and the country is split down the middle. I've said it once and I'll say say it again, most of the people who voted didn't have a clue what the outcome of leaving the EU would mean and most of us still don't know the fors and against being members of the EU. It was a vote which should have never been put to the public. I voted out, I think immigration is out of control and needed to be checked, but sadly I didn't realise the other ramifications of my vote. If I could vote again I'd vote remain.
Red lines! on 17:52 - Mar 24 with 3016 viewsDarth_Koont

Red lines! on 17:47 - Mar 24 by gtsb

It's sad that it has come to this and the country is split down the middle. I've said it once and I'll say say it again, most of the people who voted didn't have a clue what the outcome of leaving the EU would mean and most of us still don't know the fors and against being members of the EU. It was a vote which should have never been put to the public. I voted out, I think immigration is out of control and needed to be checked, but sadly I didn't realise the other ramifications of my vote. If I could vote again I'd vote remain.

Re: Immigration, it wasn't even about that. Non-EU immigration reached its highest ever level last month — something that's always been ours to control.

Red lines! on 17:53 - Mar 24 with 3010 viewspickles110564

Red lines! on 16:19 - Mar 24 by Darth_Koont

No he did not, he was doing what the voters wanted him to do and he did have the courage to go against the rich elite. He was proved right to 17.4 million voted to Leave, you keep avoiding that all the time and try to spin it your way just as you do with wanting independence in Scotland.
Where it went wrong was the rich elite were allowed to install a puppet to oversee and make it look like it is impossible to Leave and hope everyone has had enough and vote to remain if the chance was ever given again.
It is you remoaners that are stupid if you believe this would end by all the Leavers just giving up without a fight.

You are very good at avoiding the fact you would have to give up the pound if you join the EU and have to have a hard border between us and you.
Red lines! on 17:58 - Mar 24 with 2997 viewsjeera

Red lines! on 17:29 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

It may have belonged to multiple dunces, in which case dunces'.....BDS providing the bigger picture at your service!

With the plural possessive still needing the apostrophe.

Thanks for the [unnecessary] input regardless!

This is primary school stuff. Really.

Red lines! on 18:02 - Mar 24 with 2991 viewsHerbivore

Red lines! on 17:53 - Mar 24 by pickles110564

No he did not, he was doing what the voters wanted him to do and he did have the courage to go against the rich elite. He was proved right to 17.4 million voted to Leave, you keep avoiding that all the time and try to spin it your way just as you do with wanting independence in Scotland.
Where it went wrong was the rich elite were allowed to install a puppet to oversee and make it look like it is impossible to Leave and hope everyone has had enough and vote to remain if the chance was ever given again.
It is you remoaners that are stupid if you believe this would end by all the Leavers just giving up without a fight.

You are very good at avoiding the fact you would have to give up the pound if you join the EU and have to have a hard border between us and you.

You conveniently ignore that the richest of the rich elite in the Tory party are the hardcore Brexiteers in the ERG. Interestingly they are also the ones who have essentially thwarted us leaving because they want as hard a Brexit as possible. Now why might wealthy hedge fund types be in favour of such a hard Brexit? Have you wondered that?

If these people who claim to be on your side aren't the rich elite then I'd be curious to know who you think is. I'm also curious as to why you keep blaming remainers for the current situation when (a) it's the hard Brexiteers that have prevented us leaving so far, and (b) most of the prominent Brexiteers have run away from negotiations and failed to offer any workable solutions to the mess they created.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Red lines! on 18:04 - Mar 24 with 2987 viewsjeera

Red lines! on 17:53 - Mar 24 by pickles110564

Who has to give up the pound?

Join, what, when?

We're currently a member and we don't have to join the Euro.

Why would you think otherwise?

Edit: Sorry, the Scots. I wonder if they would have to join, but maybe that could be good for them. Doubt any of this will happen either way.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 18:06]

Red lines! on 18:07 - Mar 24 with 2980 viewsJ2BLUE

Red lines! on 18:04 - Mar 24 by jeera

Who has to give up the pound?

Join, what, when?

We're currently a member and we don't have to join the Euro.

Why would you think otherwise?

Edit: Sorry, the Scots. I wonder if they would have to join, but maybe that could be good for them. Doubt any of this will happen either way.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 18:06]

Think he means Scotland if they left the UK

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024