Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg 11:10 - Mar 13 with 6181 viewsblueconscience

I would have thought being in the EU would have prevented this sort of thing happening?

As that was what I was sold in the vote, that being in the EU would protect jobs!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:17 - Mar 13 with 3065 viewshomer_123

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:36 - Mar 13 by giant_stow

Just because something was in decline before (not sure if thats true btw) doesntt mean you can't make it worse by speeding it up, which is exactly what Brexit seems to be doing to the car industry.

Specifically the car industry has utterly misread the Chinese and global economic slowdown and hasn't shifted it's approach to account for this.

Brexit is utterly minuscule in comparison.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:21 - Mar 13 with 3054 viewsSwansea_Blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:10 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

Look up the term trolling please, it is overused and abused on this forum, it seems to be used everytime someone doesn’t agree with something

I know what trolling is - deliberately trying to get bites by saying something ridiculous. Sorry, didn't realise you actually believed what you said.

It's not that I don't disagree, it's just nonsensical that the EU is the only thing affecting businesses. Just because the threat of leaving the EU has caused some companies to change their plans doesn't mean the inverse is true. We don't live in a simplistic binary universe. The car industry is affected by a range of internal and external factors of which, in this country especially, Brexit is one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:28 - Mar 13 with 3047 viewsgtsb

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:19 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

Got friends in both Delphi and Philips. Stories related to both were immediately blaming Brexit.

Whether or not they are true in another matter.

Delphi was due to close , not officially, long before brexit. I worked there for 31 years and it was very obvious near the end of my tenure what was happening.
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:31 - Mar 13 with 3039 viewsBlueBadger

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:19 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

Got friends in both Delphi and Philips. Stories related to both were immediately blaming Brexit.

Whether or not they are true in another matter.

Phillips cited a number of factors, uncertainty over what was happening with movement of good post March 29 being a key one, what with them being a net exporter of goods. Hence the move to the Netherlands, where it's a known quantity

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:37 - Mar 13 with 3029 viewsfactual_blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:08 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

Good job we're not doing anything that would make us a less attractive place to do business then...

Oh.

ROOL BRIE TANNIER

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:45 - Mar 13 with 3022 viewsBlueBadger

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:37 - Mar 13 by factual_blue

ROOL BRIE TANNIER

YOU TRAYTOR BRIE IS A FORRIN CHEEZ B MOORE PAYTROTIK AND HAV AE KURREY 4 TEE

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:47 - Mar 13 with 3019 viewsSwansea_Blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:37 - Mar 13 by factual_blue

ROOL BRIE TANNIER

TIPIKAL REMOWNER TAWKIN ABOWT FANSI FORIN CHEEZIS. MAYK BRITIN GRATE WIV DAIRYLEE TRYANGELS!

STRONGER TWOGEVER!!!

💪🇬🇧🇫🇴🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇸🇻 🇬🇪🇬🇧💪

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:53 - Mar 13 with 3006 viewseireblue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 by clive_baker

I'm pro remain but I have to say cherry picking cases like Honda Swindon and attributing the closure to Brexit is utter nonsense. It's every bit to do with cost saving, automation and evolution of the car industry. Car manufacturers are tech companies now, not manufacturing. If Brexit is the primary reason it begs the question why they're not relocating to EU countries? Listened to a great podcast on it recently called Beyond Today, with some industry experts. Really recommend it.

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreemen

Japanese companies don't need to have factories in the EU anymore.

The relationship between the UK and EU is unknown

The relationship between Japan and the EU is now known, and set-up specifically to make trade easy between the the EU and Japan.
Login to get fewer ads

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:08 - Mar 13 with 2993 viewsSwansea_Blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 by clive_baker

I'm pro remain but I have to say cherry picking cases like Honda Swindon and attributing the closure to Brexit is utter nonsense. It's every bit to do with cost saving, automation and evolution of the car industry. Car manufacturers are tech companies now, not manufacturing. If Brexit is the primary reason it begs the question why they're not relocating to EU countries? Listened to a great podcast on it recently called Beyond Today, with some industry experts. Really recommend it.

It's difficult to know what's going on from the outside. The statement about the closure from Honda Motor Europe, for example, said the decision was down to “global factors”, in particular moves within the industry towards electric vehicles (as reported in the FT).

Yet Swindon had been preparing for a move to electric - had been installing equipment, had other equipment literally in transit to the plant when the announcement was made, and a planned shut down in the summer to complete the switch. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17471496.honda-reveals-it-had-plans-to-

Smells like a bit of politics going on to me, but who knows.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 2986 viewsSuperfrans

As stupid posts go, this is right up there.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:31 - Mar 13 with 2968 viewsCoastalblue

We may well be able to start welcoming manufacturing back into this country from abroad post Brexit.

As wages and living standards decline we are likely to become a cheaper and more attractive proposition once more.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:44 - Mar 13 with 2953 viewsfactual_blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:47 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

TIPIKAL REMOWNER TAWKIN ABOWT FANSI FORIN CHEEZIS. MAYK BRITIN GRATE WIV DAIRYLEE TRYANGELS!

STRONGER TWOGEVER!!!

💪🇬🇧🇫🇴🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇸🇻 🇬🇪🇬🇧💪

BAWLZ

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:49 - Mar 13 with 2948 viewsfactual_blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:45 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

YOU TRAYTOR BRIE IS A FORRIN CHEEZ B MOORE PAYTROTIK AND HAV AE KURREY 4 TEE

N DORF

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 14:38 - Mar 13 with 2922 viewsBlueBadger

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:31 - Mar 13 by Coastalblue

We may well be able to start welcoming manufacturing back into this country from abroad post Brexit.

As wages and living standards decline we are likely to become a cheaper and more attractive proposition once more.

I'm not sure that this is quite the cheery news that you think it is...

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 14:44 - Mar 13 with 2919 viewsNo9

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:31 - Mar 13 by Coastalblue

"We may well be able to start welcoming manufacturing back into this country from abroad post Brexit."

With even more foreign companies coming here for cheap labour= North Sea Singapore which is what the tories want which is why there is nothin in the 'Agreement' about; consumer rights, workers rights and environmental protection - you want that?
& their profits repatriated to the homeland?
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 14:50 - Mar 13 with 2908 viewsCoastalblue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 14:38 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure that this is quite the cheery news that you think it is...

What an earth makes you think I want declining living standars and wages?

I certainly don't think it's cheery news no, voting ourselves into some backwater nation with zero say, very little of our own manufatcuring and whom the rest of the world is not going to give a second thought to in a decade or so.

No, I don't believe it's cheery news at all.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 15:50 - Mar 13 with 2884 viewspickles110564

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:27 - Mar 13 by No9

VW are making cars in China, world sales on cars / motor vehicles is well down.
Ask Range Rover / Jag & look at why Aston Martin shares dropped more than 30%

So it is not down to Brexit then, finally the penny drops.
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 15:58 - Mar 13 with 2871 viewsWeWereZombies

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 15:50 - Mar 13 by pickles110564

And the whoosh goes on...and on....and on.....

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 16:00 - Mar 13 with 2866 viewsCoastalblue

You're funny at times :)

You must raid with European players? What do they say?

When I played (several years ago now) all my guild mates were from Europe, I think only one other from UK.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 16:23 - Mar 13 with 2844 viewspickles110564

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 16:00 - Mar 13 by Coastalblue

You're funny at times :)

You must raid with European players? What do they say?

When I played (several years ago now) all my guild mates were from Europe, I think only one other from UK.

Most of my guildies are from Europe and you are right they do not understand why we want to leave the EU.
The current guild I am in 'Bone snappers' are mainly old farts like me from this country but we have some great healers from Sweden.
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 16:25 - Mar 13 with 2842 viewsNo9

Maybe you should take a look at AM?
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 17:09 - Mar 13 with 2821 viewsblueconscience

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 13:17 - Mar 13 by Superfrans

As stupid posts go, this is right up there.

Don’t put yourself down like that, self negativity is sad to see
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 17:14]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 17:13 - Mar 13 with 2816 viewsfooters

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 16:23 - Mar 13 by pickles110564

Most of my guildies are from Europe and you are right they do not understand why we want to leave the EU.
The current guild I am in 'Bone snappers' are mainly old farts like me from this country but we have some great healers from Sweden.

Probably work in the NHS.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 18:05 - Mar 13 with 2794 viewspickles110564

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 17:13 - Mar 13 by footers

Probably work in the NHS.

Lol
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 18:10 - Mar 13 with 2785 viewsbluejacko

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:28 - Mar 13 by gtsb

Delphi was due to close , not officially, long before brexit. I worked there for 31 years and it was very obvious near the end of my tenure what was happening.

Now then don’t you go spoiling a good Brexit scare story!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024