Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here is an interesting fact. 16:42 - Mar 13 with 1569 viewschicoazul

Over the last 40 years, half the population of the UK has barely shared in the growth of the economy.

From 1979 to 2012, only 10% of overall income growth went to the bottom 50% of the income distribution

The richest 10% took almost 40% of the total growth in income.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Here is an interesting fact. on 16:58 - Mar 13 with 1504 viewsGeoffSentence

That's a good thing. Keeps you riff-raff in your place.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Here is an interesting fact. on 17:00 - Mar 13 with 1505 viewschicoazul

Here is an interesting fact. on 16:58 - Mar 13 by GeoffSentence

That's a good thing. Keeps you riff-raff in your place.

that's your Brexit explanation right there. "Ooohh people were thick and racist and didnt know what they were doing", errrr no.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Here is an interesting fact. on 17:03 - Mar 13 with 1484 viewsLord_Lucan

Good job.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:03 - Mar 13 with 1390 viewshomer_123

Whether we are within or out of the EU has little to no bearing on our current by homer_123 15 Jan 2019 20:52
ills as a nation.

Under investment in the NHS
The widening social mobility gap
Increased house prices
Low wages

We, as a nation have control over these issues and have done forever. Over the last 40 years and well before.

We, as a collective, as a nation, have chosen or allowed us to be led into a situation where we have accepted the underfunding and slow privatisation of the NHS, we have allowed the gap to widen between the haves and have nots. We've allowed Universities to charge fees for education. We have allowed the housing market to become so ridiculous that barely anyone can get on the housing ladder.

Sod European politics and whether we should or should not be part of the EU. Let's take a long hard look at ourselves, our country and what sort of country we want to live in.

Let's deal with these issues. We've let ourselves down...we have let things get so bad. Certainly being part of the EU hasn't forced or helped us deal with these problems and nor should it. Exiting the EU will have little bearing either.

We can choose to address these issues or not and so far no one on leave or remain has evidenced how either approach will help us address the above.

Stating being in the EU is commercially better than being out is not an argument here. We've been part of the EU for 40 years and we have let things slide.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:08 - Mar 13 with 1371 viewsDubtractor

Here is an interesting fact. on 17:00 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

that's your Brexit explanation right there. "Ooohh people were thick and racist and didnt know what they were doing", errrr no.

Yes and no buh.

People are right to feel let down, left behind by our politicians. I think that it is far from the case to say that the EU is to blame for this - I'd bet in a parallel universe where we weren't in the EU the same scenario would have happened.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:32 - Mar 13 with 1316 viewsfooters

Yet a while back you made the argument that there was nothing inherently wrong with the system adopted 1979-present. Welcome aboard, comrade - we welcome your change of heart.

I will help onboard you to the East of England Oblast. (And if you grease my palm you may become a committee member sooner than you may have expected.)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:36 - Mar 13 with 1302 viewsjaykay

trickle down wealth is the word. the next big thing is going to be trickle down health when the right can sell off the n.h.s.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:46 - Mar 13 with 1272 viewsBlueBadger

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:32 - Mar 13 by footers

Yet a while back you made the argument that there was nothing inherently wrong with the system adopted 1979-present. Welcome aboard, comrade - we welcome your change of heart.

I will help onboard you to the East of England Oblast. (And if you grease my palm you may become a committee member sooner than you may have expected.)

I think Chico forms his opinions the same way that some people catch buses. At a sprint, whilst grabbing onto one that he thinks might be going his way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:50 - Mar 13 with 1254 viewsfooters

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:46 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

I think Chico forms his opinions the same way that some people catch buses. At a sprint, whilst grabbing onto one that he thinks might be going his way.

He's a naughty little tinker when it comes to things like this. He likes to set poster against poster, play the provocateur and spend his day prodding from afar.

He is the puppet master and we merely actors in his Great Game.

I like it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here is an interesting fact. on 19:04 - Mar 13 with 1216 viewschicoazul

Here is an interesting fact. on 18:32 - Mar 13 by footers

I'm not sure I agree it's a systemic problem though. In that the system is broken or wrong. I need to consider it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024