Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job 15:13 - Feb 8 with 9262 viewsSitfcB

11/10

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:22 - Feb 8 with 6412 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We should never have sacked him

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:27 - Feb 8 with 6393 viewsZedRodgers

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:22 - Feb 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Correct.

Weren't we 11th at the time?

TWTD.

No, not at the moment

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:29 - Feb 8 with 6377 viewsDarth_Koont

As an Ipswich and Hibernian fan, it'l be interesting to see how that works out. They're not doing great this season (although still pretty safe) but that's after a few years of steady building. So someone who can start them up again would be good.

Jim did such a good job without money and working with the players he had so that should be a good fit with Hibernian. I'm sure he's also picked up a lot about player development from his time away from management.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:36 - Feb 8 with 6341 viewsIllinoisblue

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:27 - Feb 8 by ZedRodgers

Correct.

TWTD.

and had just beaten Norwich.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:36 - Feb 8 with 6334 viewsSpruceMoose

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:36 - Feb 8 by Illinoisblue

and had just beaten Norwich.

Beating...Norwich? What's that? Recognise the words, just not in that order.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:50 - Feb 8 with 6288 viewschicoazul

hope he gets it, i'd like to see him get another crack. It would also be a pleasing poignancy for him to be back in management in the season we go down. Another good Banter Era footnote.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:20 - Feb 8 with 6216 viewsWickets

Good luck to him i say ,treated very poorly by some calling themselves Town fans, hope he gets it and is a great success .
Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:22 - Feb 8 with 6206 viewsSpruceMoose

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:20 - Feb 8 by Wickets

Good luck to him i say ,treated very poorly by some calling themselves Town fans, hope he gets it and is a great success .

Hopefully he won't be adopting his QPR approach to team discipline again.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:24 - Feb 8 with 6201 viewsWickets

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:22 - Feb 8 by SpruceMoose

Hopefully he won't be adopting his QPR approach to team discipline again.

Was sometimes a bit of a hothead maybe he has matured ?
on 16:28 - Feb 8 with 6186 views_

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:32 - Feb 8 with 6198 viewsSpruceMoose

on 16:28 - Feb 8 by _

I used to drink in McGintys a fair amount during his time at Town and I have to say, he was always a pleasant and engaging bloke when I encountered him in there.

When you look at the shower of shoite we have now, most of whom don't give two shiits about the club, it really makes you realise what we have lost.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 16:32]

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:33 - Feb 8 with 6173 viewsHerbivore

So they've gone from Lennon to an inferior version of Lennon. Fair play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There is nobody.... on 16:44 - Feb 8 with 6137 viewsBloots

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 16:33 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

So they've gone from Lennon to an inferior version of Lennon. Fair play.

...inferior to Lennon.

Apart from Hurst.

(and McCartney)

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 20:02 - Feb 8 with 5885 viewsbournemouthblue

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:22 - Feb 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and perhaps he would have got it right

He certainly should have had us kicking on after the season we finished 7th

Much like McCarthy he probably should have gone and been replaced by someone like McCarthy rather than Keane. I think if we had got Jewell then, he'd have done a better job than Keane did.

We really should have got McCarthy then although I think he had recently gone to Wolves? His style would have been frowned upon back then

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 21:34 - Feb 8 with 5795 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:36 - Feb 8 by SpruceMoose

Beating...Norwich? What's that? Recognise the words, just not in that order.

Was the last time we beat them.

Poll: Best Football Song

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 22:00 - Feb 8 with 5757 viewsrfretwell

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 21:34 - Feb 8 by RoyKeanesDog

Was the last time we beat them.

Hope he has his volcanic temper under control by now for Management. We could do with even a tenth of that in our current team.
Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 22:01 - Feb 8 with 5758 viewsjpring89

We would have gotten promoted under Magiton I’m sure of it don’t understand why we sacked him ffs last person to manage ITFC with pure passion. Good luck to him hope he takes over and makes Hibs champions of the SPL in time.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 22:06 - Feb 8 with 5754 viewsTrequartista

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 22:01 - Feb 8 by jpring89

We would have gotten promoted under Magiton I’m sure of it don’t understand why we sacked him ffs last person to manage ITFC with pure passion. Good luck to him hope he takes over and makes Hibs champions of the SPL in time.

There was nothing to suggest that was going to happen, but by the same token he deserved another season and shouldn't have been sacked.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 22:07]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 22:29 - Feb 8 with 5711 viewssparks

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 20:02 - Feb 8 by bournemouthblue

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and perhaps he would have got it right

He certainly should have had us kicking on after the season we finished 7th

Much like McCarthy he probably should have gone and been replaced by someone like McCarthy rather than Keane. I think if we had got Jewell then, he'd have done a better job than Keane did.

We really should have got McCarthy then although I think he had recently gone to Wolves? His style would have been frowned upon back then

He did it on a shoestring. He had us playing decent football (though morons booed the passing game at times as negative, even when, having passed teams off the pitch, we then finished them off with goals in the second half).

We didnt do enough away from home. He tried to shift the balance to be a bit more focussed on counter attacking- and the home form suffered as a result. But he was on the right track and things take time.

Good fellow- even turned out for Punch Drunk supporters team one morning before a home game, when he was spotted with his son playing up at Gainsborough. Played 30 minutes for us in his trainers...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 08:56 - Feb 9 with 5527 viewsSomethingBlue

I would really, really love Jim to do well. He's an Ipswich legend and that's all there is to it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 08:58 - Feb 9 with 5523 viewsReuser_is_God

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 08:56 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

I would really, really love Jim to do well. He's an Ipswich legend and that's all there is to it.

What he said.

If he did get the job Hibs would automatically become my second team.

& I don’t even believe in this “second team” bollox.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 09:17 - Feb 9 with 5486 viewsOxford_Blue

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:27 - Feb 8 by ZedRodgers

Correct.

TWTD.

Hindsight is 20/20
Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 09:20 - Feb 9 with 5479 viewssparks

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 09:17 - Feb 9 by Oxford_Blue

Hindsight is 20/20

I was not alone in saying it at the time...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 09:23 - Feb 9 with 5466 viewsHerbivore

There's an awful lot of revisionism going on here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 09:35 - Feb 9 with 5455 viewsLord_Lucan

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 22:29 - Feb 8 by sparks

He did it on a shoestring. He had us playing decent football (though morons booed the passing game at times as negative, even when, having passed teams off the pitch, we then finished them off with goals in the second half).

We didnt do enough away from home. He tried to shift the balance to be a bit more focussed on counter attacking- and the home form suffered as a result. But he was on the right track and things take time.

Good fellow- even turned out for Punch Drunk supporters team one morning before a home game, when he was spotted with his son playing up at Gainsborough. Played 30 minutes for us in his trainers...

I never knew Jim personally but RKD tweeted him, explained he was my favourite modern day player and asked him if he would phone me on my 50th birthday. I was at a trade show when he phoned me and obviously I didn't at first believe it was him, but even though I told him to feck off a couple of times he remained on the phone until the penny dropped.

Wonderful man - and he never lost the ball!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024