Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job 15:13 - Feb 8 with 9296 viewsSitfcB

11/10

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 10:14 - Feb 9 with 2832 viewsSomethingBlue

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 09:23 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

There's an awful lot of revisionism going on here.

The people who think he'd have got us up are wrong. But so are the people who used his spell in charge to tarnish a playing legacy that more than stands the test of time. Quite a few who seem to think it has to be one or the other!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 10:27 - Feb 9 with 2811 viewsHerbivore

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 10:14 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

The people who think he'd have got us up are wrong. But so are the people who used his spell in charge to tarnish a playing legacy that more than stands the test of time. Quite a few who seem to think it has to be one or the other!

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge Jim fan. I don't really like the bloke very much. I respect what he did for us as a player, especially that play off semi, but as a manager he was pretty mediocre. His transfer business when he was given money was poor and Gio's flourish added a gloss to what was a largely turgid season prior to him getting sacked. I'm not really sure how well suited his temperament is to management.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:00 - Feb 9 with 2808 viewssparks

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 10:14 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

You cant possibly make your first sentence as a flat statement. We were competitive under Jim, from a very very low starting point. We don't know what would have happened with a further season or two to develop the side, learn from mistakes and develop his approach.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:03 - Feb 9 with 2797 viewsHerbivore

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:00 - Feb 9 by sparks

You cant possibly make your first sentence as a flat statement. We were competitive under Jim, from a very very low starting point. We don't know what would have happened with a further season or two to develop the side, learn from mistakes and develop his approach.

Except he didn't seem that adept at learning from his mistakes.

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:49 - Feb 9 with 2792 viewsFramfarmer

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:03 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

Except he didn't seem that adept at learning from his mistakes.

love him or hate him...… he was our last manager to win against budgies back in 2009
Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:52 - Feb 9 with 2785 viewsHerbivore

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:49 - Feb 9 by Framfarmer

love him or hate him...… he was our last manager to win against budgies back in 2009

That's true, although I'm not really sure how significant that is.

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 12:00 - Feb 9 with 2779 viewsSomethingBlue

Ok, in my opinion — which I express very confidently in this case — he wouldn't have got us up.

Which doesn't diminish my feelings for the guy, who was treated badly by some people with very short memories.

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 12:20 - Feb 9 with 2757 viewsLord_Lucan

I agree, not sure how you can say yes or no, in my eyes he would have given time. Even Alex Ferguson took a while and was almost definitely one defeat away from the sack.

Apart from the idiotic bedsheet fans that stupid journalist (who's name I forget) was also a thorn in the side.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 12:47 - Feb 9 with 2731 viewsamdam81

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 11:49 - Feb 9 by Framfarmer

Hate him?How on earth could any Town fan hate Jim Magilton?.

Amdam81

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:00 - Feb 9 with 2726 viewssparks

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 12:00 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

Ok, in my opinion — which I express very confidently in this case — he wouldn't have got us up.

Which doesn't diminish my feelings for the guy, who was treated badly by some people with very short memories.

I dont think you have a sound basis for a firm opinion on that. But there it is.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:07 - Feb 9 with 2717 viewsblaggers

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 15:36 - Feb 8 by Illinoisblue

and had just beaten Norwich.

I dunno about the fans, there certainly wasn't same the clamour for Magilton to go as there was for McCarthy to get the boot. I will always hold the Evening Star, and Nigel Pickover responsible for the shocking article that demanded Evans sack Jim.

Poll: What happens next?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:11 - Feb 9 with 2712 viewsLord_Lucan

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:07 - Feb 9 by blaggers

I dunno about the fans, there certainly wasn't same the clamour for Magilton to go as there was for McCarthy to get the boot. I will always hold the Evening Star, and Nigel Pickover responsible for the shocking article that demanded Evans sack Jim.

Who was the local journalist at the time and possible Newcastle fan?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:16 - Feb 9 with 2708 viewsblaggers

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:11 - Feb 9 by Lord_Lucan

Who was the local journalist at the time and possible Newcastle fan?

Are you referring to Deckchair Derek?

Poll: What happens next?

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:16 - Feb 9 with 2708 viewssparks

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:07 - Feb 9 by blaggers

Hadnt deckchair been sniping at him all season too? Deckchair's obsession was tied up with his issue with Evans, and the constant stream of digs and innuendo. Awful journalist. Got very upset at a certain TWTD article on him...

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 2701 viewsSomethingBlue

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:00 - Feb 9 by sparks

I dont think you have a sound basis for a firm opinion on that. But there it is.

It's an opinion. There is no more sound basis for the idea he'd have got us up either. But there it is.

We can disagree, neither of us will ever know. We do both agree that he deserved/deserves far more respect than he got.

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:45 - Feb 9 with 2685 viewssparks

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:23 - Feb 9 by SomethingBlue

It's an opinion. There is no more sound basis for the idea he'd have got us up either. But there it is.

We can disagree, neither of us will ever know. We do both agree that he deserved/deserves far more respect than he got.

Flat earthers have an opinion... But we can demonstrate, very easily, that they dont have good reasons for it...

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 2683 viewsLord_Lucan

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:16 - Feb 9 by blaggers

Are you referring to Deckchair Derek?

Yeah, Deckchair.

He was in the same hotel as me in Cork and he was badmouthing Magilton and generally being a drunken arse.

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:56 - Feb 9 with 2674 viewsDubtractor

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 13:45 - Feb 9 by sparks

Flat earthers have an opinion... But we can demonstrate, very easily, that they dont have good reasons for it...

That's a pretty bizarre and irrelevant comparison, I have to say.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 14:32 - Feb 9 with 2655 viewsMeadowlark

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 22:01 - Feb 8 by jpring89

We would have gotten promoted under Magiton I’m sure of it don’t understand why we sacked him ffs last person to manage ITFC with pure passion. Good luck to him hope he takes over and makes Hibs champions of the SPL in time.

"gotten!"

Now there's an Americanism. Y'all.
Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 17:20 - Feb 9 with 2607 viewsWickets

Jim Magilton favourite for the Hibernian job on 08:58 - Feb 9 by Reuser_is_God

What he said.

If he did get the job Hibs would automatically become my second team.

& I don’t even believe in this “second team” bollox.

Its my Scottish team already
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024