Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment 20:51 - Jan 28 with 4903 viewsitfcjoe

His passing range is much better than I think he gets credit for. He still has his moments as evidenced at Accrington, but seems to have really pushed ahead of Dozzell and Nydam who always seem to be the ones who were destined to push on the most.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 20:57 - Jan 28 with 4011 viewsHerbivore

He had a decent game again on Saturday. Good player, probably the most well rounded of the triplets.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:02 - Jan 28 with 3973 viewsBluefish

Alright mate don't just copy everything I say

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:03 - Jan 28 with 3967 viewsIllinoisblue

his pass over the top in the second half at Villa was excellent.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:04 - Jan 28 with 3972 viewsitfcjoe

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 20:57 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

He had a decent game again on Saturday. Good player, probably the most well rounded of the triplets.

He is the one without the biggest obvious flaw, but probably the lowest ceiling of them.

We've got real options in the middle, just think Lambert is struggling to balance it up - will need to be something different at home this week opposed to away at Villa. I'd like to see Bishop start, which ironically would be in the place of Downes most likely

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:07 - Jan 28 with 3945 viewsHerbivore

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:04 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

He is the one without the biggest obvious flaw, but probably the lowest ceiling of them.

We've got real options in the middle, just think Lambert is struggling to balance it up - will need to be something different at home this week opposed to away at Villa. I'd like to see Bishop start, which ironically would be in the place of Downes most likely

I'd drop Chalobah for Bishop personally, maybe a touch harsh on him but I prefer the balance of Bish and Downes alongside Skuse.

I can see Downes having a big future. He's got a little bit of everything and is very composed for such a young player.

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:27 - Jan 28 with 3867 viewsdavblue

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:04 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

Bishop's been a tad unlucky in some aspects, if we would have had a more settled and fitter team I suspect he would have played started more with the kid gloves on still.

Hes a must keep player for me and I would like to see him start the next 2 he gives us so much more than the other players in the way he plays.
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:30 - Jan 28 with 3858 viewsClapham_Junction

I feel bad for Nydam. Last season he was too powerpuff, but during pre-season it looked like he had a bit more about him and was really cracking into tackles. However, he was then shipped out on loan and barely played, which has left him well behind Downes.

I just hope he manages to work his way into the team next season.
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:33 - Jan 28 with 3844 viewsKeaneish

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:03 - Jan 28 by Illinoisblue

his pass over the top in the second half at Villa was excellent.

Yep. I kept expecting it to fall short but it was inch perfect. Played well Saturday. Good pressing throughout and kept it simple. He's the hungriest midfielder we have. Great work rate and energy and likes to get his foot in.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:39 - Jan 28 with 3818 viewsSuperfrans

Closest to being a first team regular of all the youngsters, I reckon. With the possible exception of Lankester.

If we can manage them correctly, we could have Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Kenlock and Lankester all at the heart of the team this time next year. Would be fantastic for the club.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 22:20 - Jan 28 with 3700 viewscatch74

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:39 - Jan 28 by Superfrans

Closest to being a first team regular of all the youngsters, I reckon. With the possible exception of Lankester.

If we can manage them correctly, we could have Downes, Dozzell, Bishop, Kenlock and Lankester all at the heart of the team this time next year. Would be fantastic for the club.

I think if,as in all likelihood, the worst occurs Evans and Lambert would both lose a lot of credibility if this doesn’t happen. Admittedly a big money offer would have to be looked at but not sure many teams would take a that risk on any of our players at the moment.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 23:25 - Jan 28 with 3571 viewsGuthrum

Have been very impressed, he is the one of those three who has by far pushed on the most this season.

Indeed, the other two have largely been overtaken by Lankester as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 23:48 - Jan 28 with 3531 viewsbournemouthblue

Downes is going to be a gun

He has a lot of potential, we just need him to be at the club when he is his 20's if we want to go any where

The same is true for the whole batch coming through Dozzell, Morris, Lankester, Nydam, Folami etc
El Miz is meant to be decent also?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 03:15 - Jan 29 with 3427 viewsharlingblue

Hi itfcjoe, could Downes play the Skues role with Bishop and Dozzell/Chalobah completing our midfield? Time for the defenders to win their own battles?
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 07:48 - Jan 29 with 3261 viewsbluewein

Said after the Brum game at the beginning of last season that in 3 years he’ll be with a team challenging for promotion/lower end prem team. A prediction I stand by...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 07:52 - Jan 29 with 3247 viewsHerbivore

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 23:48 - Jan 28 by bournemouthblue

Downes is going to be a gun

He has a lot of potential, we just need him to be at the club when he is his 20's if we want to go any where

The same is true for the whole batch coming through Dozzell, Morris, Lankester, Nydam, Folami etc
El Miz is meant to be decent also?

I actually think it's inevitable one of Dozzer, Nydam or Downes will go. They're all within a year of each other age wise and I can't see how you can really accommodate all three of them. Throw Bish into the mix as well, if he stays fit. I expect us to cash in on one of them, probably this summer.

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 08:27 - Jan 29 with 3189 viewsKieran_Knows

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 07:52 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

I actually think it's inevitable one of Dozzer, Nydam or Downes will go. They're all within a year of each other age wise and I can't see how you can really accommodate all three of them. Throw Bish into the mix as well, if he stays fit. I expect us to cash in on one of them, probably this summer.

I imagine that will be Dozzell.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 08:30 - Jan 29 with 3186 viewsIpswichKnight

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 07:48 - Jan 29 by bluewein

Said after the Brum game at the beginning of last season that in 3 years he’ll be with a team challenging for promotion/lower end prem team. A prediction I stand by...

Think he will be playing for better teams than that. Good indication that he’s on the radar is that he appeared in the secret scouts column earlier and was one of the 10 youngsters to watch earlier.
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 08:31 - Jan 29 with 3182 viewsHerbivore

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 08:27 - Jan 29 by Kieran_Knows

I imagine that will be Dozzell.

That's my feeling too. He has the highest profile and likely value plus he's possibly less likely to have an impact here in the short term.

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 09:13 - Jan 29 with 3102 viewsSuperfrans

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 08:31 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

That's my feeling too. He has the highest profile and likely value plus he's possibly less likely to have an impact here in the short term.

I'm not sure.

Dozzell hasn't done enough to command the kind of fee we would expect for him.
Nydam's salary will be cheap and also won't command a signficant fee.
Downes is the kind of player we should build a team around and won't yet command a large fee.

Hopeful, anyhoo...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 09:35 - Jan 29 with 3051 viewsHerbivore

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 09:13 - Jan 29 by Superfrans

I'm not sure.

Dozzell hasn't done enough to command the kind of fee we would expect for him.
Nydam's salary will be cheap and also won't command a signficant fee.
Downes is the kind of player we should build a team around and won't yet command a large fee.

Hopeful, anyhoo...

But I don't see any real way of giving all three significant game time here, that's an issue.

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 11:09 - Jan 29 with 2928 viewsDarth_Koont

Good thread. And glad to see Downes getting props. Within the chaos of this season he's impressed with his technique and physicality but also looks to be one of the few players who has mentally been up for it.

Impressive for a player who's only just turned 20 and maybe puts him ahead of the other youngsters in terms of value too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 11:13 - Jan 29 with 2919 viewstextbackup

I really like him.
He’s what many people thought Hyam was, although Hyam was 20% the player Downes is.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 11:33 - Jan 29 with 2872 viewsflimflam

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:39 - Jan 28 by Superfrans

Add the Wolf and Morris to that list

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 2822 viewsOsborneOneNil

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 21:33 - Jan 28 by Keaneish

Yep. I kept expecting it to fall short but it was inch perfect. Played well Saturday. Good pressing throughout and kept it simple. He's the hungriest midfielder we have. Great work rate and energy and likes to get his foot in.

Keanish, think Downes could replace Skuse, certainly at home?
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:27 - Jan 29 with 2776 viewsBiGDonnie

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:06 - Jan 29 by OsborneOneNil

Keanish, think Downes could replace Skuse, certainly at home?

100000000% yes.

My nan could replace Skuse and fumble her way to a single tackle and clearance each game.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024