Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment 20:51 - Jan 28 with 4922 viewsitfcjoe

His passing range is much better than I think he gets credit for. He still has his moments as evidenced at Accrington, but seems to have really pushed ahead of Dozzell and Nydam who always seem to be the ones who were destined to push on the most.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:29 - Jan 29 with 861 viewslexiep7

I think Dozzel has a lot more quality on and of the ball, but with the standard of football at the moment, his through balls and passes aren't anticipated by are attackers. If you put him and Flyn in a premiership team Dozzel would come out on top. His footballing mind is a lot more advanced than Flyn Downes's or Nydam's. But the quality of are team isn't ready for him.

Poll: Best strike force in the club?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:30 - Jan 29 with 854 viewsReuser_is_God

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 09:35 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

But I don't see any real way of giving all three significant game time here, that's an issue.

Is a midfield 3 of Downes, Nydam & Dozzell not feasible in L1?

For me it's 3 from Skuse, Bishop, Dozzell, Nydam & Downes next season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:32 - Jan 29 with 852 viewsReuser_is_God

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:29 - Jan 29 by lexiep7

I think Dozzel has a lot more quality on and of the ball, but with the standard of football at the moment, his through balls and passes aren't anticipated by are attackers. If you put him and Flyn in a premiership team Dozzel would come out on top. His footballing mind is a lot more advanced than Flyn Downes's or Nydam's. But the quality of are team isn't ready for him.

I kind of get your point but for me that is utter horse sh1t.

What you're essentially saying is that Dozzell is too good for us because his team mates aren't as good as he is which could be a perfectly feasible conclusion to draw if Dozzell was in the team each week constantly being let down by his team mates not being on his wavelength.

The reality is he isn't even making the bench for the worst team in the division.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:32 - Jan 29 with 848 viewsRobTheMonk

Like him a lot. I love seeing a player take the ball on the half and look to make things happen. Seems to have the more positive aspects of the immortal midfield that was Hyam-Bru.
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 13:30 - Jan 29 with 794 viewsHerbivore

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 12:30 - Jan 29 by Reuser_is_God

Is a midfield 3 of Downes, Nydam & Dozzell not feasible in L1?

For me it's 3 from Skuse, Bishop, Dozzell, Nydam & Downes next season.

They'd get kicked off the park. Playing three 19/20 year olds in the heart of a League 1 side (any professional side really) isn't a great idea. We need a bit of experience and nous in there too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 14:13 - Jan 29 with 759 viewsReusersTown

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 13:30 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

They'd get kicked off the park. Playing three 19/20 year olds in the heart of a League 1 side (any professional side really) isn't a great idea. We need a bit of experience and nous in there too.

Depends how good they really are, doesn't it?. I'd expect them to be able to handle themselves in the lower leagues at that age if they were to be forging careers for themselves at a higher level later on (as seems to be the expectation). Especially with the ambitions everyone seems to have for Dozzell.
Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 14:15 - Jan 29 with 756 viewsKieran_Knows

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 13:30 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

I think Downes and Nydam would both hold their own, which they have already proved at this level (must to my disgust that Nydam was loaned out in the summer - that was the beginning of the end for Hurst, in my eyes certainly).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 15:00 - Jan 29 with 721 viewsHerbivore

Flynn Downes is quietly impressing at the moment on 14:15 - Jan 29 by Kieran_Knows

I think Downes and Nydam would both hold their own, which they have already proved at this level (must to my disgust that Nydam was loaned out in the summer - that was the beginning of the end for Hurst, in my eyes certainly).

Although when they've played it's mostly been alongside Skuse and/or another experienced midfielder. I honestly think it's crazy to consider playing a three man midfield with a combined age of under 60. It wouldn't work.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024