Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup 20:57 - Jan 5 with 10694 viewsOxford_Blue

But the difference is that this is not Lambert’s team, whereas Hurst has asembled and chosen the side he lambasted.

It’s true: many of the players are not good enough and lack desire or hunger.

Evans has tried to own a football club on the cheap. I don’t accept he is better off as a result through tax schemes etc. It’s simply that he saw a business chance in 2007 and despite some early investment it didn’t pay off and sometime around 2011/12 he decided to rein in the spending, recover outlays through player sales and hope the club would be a mid table side that might challenge now and then for the play offs - which it did under MM.

Evans now wants out, clearly, and despite the denials from club that it’s for sale he has said he will sell for the right price to the right buyer. So, clearly, it’s up for sale.

Problem is that if there was a knight in shining armour wanting to save the club, they would have surely come forward by now.

So we are stuck with Evans and he is stuck with us.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:11 - Jan 6 with 3399 viewsitfcjoe

Hurst came out and slated his team after 2 games

Lambert has worked with the squad Hurst left him for 10 games before he has done the same thing.

Big difference

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:14 - Jan 6 with 3384 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 11:16 - Jan 6 by suffolkpoker

I do agree some what with that. The trouble is when we are looking for new ownership and trying to look a good investment. Our biggest Assest we only own the stands and not the land it sits.

Would you accept a decent owner (Dubai consortium etc) who sold the land moved us to whitton but invested heavily into the squad?

I love Portman road and would a sad day but for long term it could be better

No decent owner with the best interests of the club at heart would need to move grounds.

They either have enough money to invest properly, or they don't.

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:23 - Jan 6 with 3362 viewsBluesquid

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:11 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Hurst came out and slated his team after 2 games

Lambert has worked with the squad Hurst left him for 10 games before he has done the same thing.

Big difference

But is Lambert now referring to the same problems that Hurst did early on?
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:29 - Jan 6 with 3353 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:23 - Jan 6 by Bluesquid

But is Lambert now referring to the same problems that Hurst did early on?

Possibly - but Hurst had a chance to shape the squad whereas Lambert hasn't as yet

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:32 - Jan 6 with 3345 viewsBluesquid

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:29 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Possibly - but Hurst had a chance to shape the squad whereas Lambert hasn't as yet

Shape the squad is one thing but what if players can't get the basics of defending right as Lambert mentioned in his interview?
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:33 - Jan 6 with 3342 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:32 - Jan 6 by Bluesquid

Shape the squad is one thing but what if players can't get the basics of defending right as Lambert mentioned in his interview?

Well if they can't get the basics right then it is either a coaching issue, or a player issue.

And if it is a player issue then Lambert will look to replace them - he hasn't the opportunity to as yet

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:57 - Jan 6 with 3304 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:10 - Jan 6 by wkj

While I may not agree with the context of this post, reporting it as abuse is a bit stupid isnt it?

Yes. Why is it abuse?
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 13:14 - Jan 6 with 3280 viewsBluesquid

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 12:57 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

Yes. Why is it abuse?

Reporting abuse should not be anonymous imo, the accused should at least be informed who the accuser is.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 13:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 13:24 - Jan 6 with 3262 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:06 - Jan 5 by suffolkpoker

There are buyer out there but ME needs to make it look better

We need new buyer to own training ground (ME bought it off town)
We need our debt cleared - ME has added to it with every purchase.
We need to own the free hold of the stadium. Council own it.

Everything sells if the price is right and the freehold values are there.

I can see someone buying us cheap in league 1 tbh

ME bought the training ground as a measure of practicality. No doubt it would be part of any deal to see the club.

Our debt would likely be cleared, or Evans would sell it at a reduced rate similar to how he acquired it in the first place.

The freehold is irrelevant is the lease term is long enough and can you imagine the council trying to evict Town? It would never happen due to the massive backlash.

If he wants rid of the club, Evans is going to have to take a reduced price. He used the club for an investment gamble which failed miserably. Now he has to either keep it and make a loss each year or swallow his pride and move on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 13:30 - Jan 6 with 3247 viewspatrickswell

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:20 - Jan 5 by Oxford_Blue

Yeah, that’s all great.

Name one.

I’ll take anyone in this list providing they invest more money than Evansdoes and didn’t make their money from asset stripping, directly order someone to be murdered or have an appalling human rights record.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Times_Rich_List_2018
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:05 - Jan 6 with 3204 viewssuffolkpoker

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 13:24 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

ME bought the training ground as a measure of practicality. No doubt it would be part of any deal to see the club.

Our debt would likely be cleared, or Evans would sell it at a reduced rate similar to how he acquired it in the first place.

The freehold is irrelevant is the lease term is long enough and can you imagine the council trying to evict Town? It would never happen due to the massive backlash.

If he wants rid of the club, Evans is going to have to take a reduced price. He used the club for an investment gamble which failed miserably. Now he has to either keep it and make a loss each year or swallow his pride and move on.

ME bought the training ground to reduce the loss in one of his many years of losses.
Who buys freehold for practically? no one

ME has been Assest stripping this club for years, just look at the plYera sold in his tenure.
Yes it’s so reduce losses but why over spend to start with.

It’s all a smoke screen to reduce his losses on what he thought was going to be a quick flip

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:27 - Jan 6 with 3177 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 13:30 - Jan 6 by patrickswell

I’ll take anyone in this list providing they invest more money than Evansdoes and didn’t make their money from asset stripping, directly order someone to be murdered or have an appalling human rights record.

Right....:but isn’t the question whether a single one of them is interested?

Why would anyone want to take over a poisoned chalice that costs them £6-10m just for the privilege each season? With lots of fans then demanding you put in another £20-30m a year. Which sum probably wouldn’t get you promoted anyway.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:30 - Jan 6 with 3169 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:05 - Jan 6 by suffolkpoker

ME bought the training ground to reduce the loss in one of his many years of losses.

ME has been Assest stripping this club for years, just look at the plYera sold in his tenure.

It’s all a smoke screen to reduce his losses on what he thought was going to be a quick flip

Yes, from about 2012 onwards he stopped making much money available for new players or wages and he retained the bulk of player sales.

I suspect the economic conditions then and now have bit his other businesses which are heavily reliant on companies splashing cash on hospitality and he has far less cash to burn than in 2007.

I doubt the club is worth more than about £5-10m, assuming Evans is prepared to write off the debt. I also suspect that Evans is actively looking for a buyer.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:39 - Jan 6 with 3159 viewspatrickswell

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:27 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

Right....:but isn’t the question whether a single one of them is interested?

Why would anyone want to take over a poisoned chalice that costs them £6-10m just for the privilege each season? With lots of fans then demanding you put in another £20-30m a year. Which sum probably wouldn’t get you promoted anyway.

No, the question was to name someone who might succeed Evans. Now, you want a psychological profile of motives as well?

On this line of thinking, no-one is ever going to buy us. I don’t know who to pity more, Evans or ourselves.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:46 - Jan 6 with 3146 viewssparks

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:05 - Jan 6 by suffolkpoker

Deary me. He could eliinate his losses altogether by simply not agreeing to pay any players wages or transfer fees which are in excess of the clubs income.

Its not asset stripping by any normal definition either...
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 14:47]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:52 - Jan 6 with 3136 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:39 - Jan 6 by patrickswell

No, the question was to name someone who might succeed Evans. Now, you want a psychological profile of motives as well?

On this line of thinking, no-one is ever going to buy us. I don’t know who to pity more, Evans or ourselves.

No it’s still a really simple point.

If Evans is to go, who will replace him?

So far no one has been able to answer this other than “someone might do”.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 15:02 - Jan 6 with 3122 viewspatrickswell

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:52 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

No it’s still a really simple point.

If Evans is to go, who will replace him?

So far no one has been able to answer this other than “someone might do”.

Earlier caveats still apply.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 20:55 - Jan 6 with 3035 viewssuffolkpoker

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:39 - Jan 6 by patrickswell

My preferred choice

1# Godolphin
2# Stride Gaming - owners of daub Alderney Ltd (who own magical Vegas)

Both would make ME look like #ChumpChange

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:01 - Jan 6 with 3031 viewssuffolkpoker

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 14:46 - Jan 6 by sparks

Deary me. He could eliinate his losses altogether by simply not agreeing to pay any players wages or transfer fees which are in excess of the clubs income.

Its not asset stripping by any normal definition either...
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 14:47]

How about running the club effiectly soit doesn’t loose money?

Selling top players and not reinvesting = Assest stripping
Selling freehold and leasing back = Depleating / stripping assets

Our biggest revenue at the moment is sky money and if we down is going to shrink.

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:24 - Jan 6 with 3013 viewsHARRY10

Steady, old fellow. The sycophants will not welcome those sort of comments.

A bit more of the 'pumping in money' is what is needed. As well as a considerable amount of delusion.

Money that has been transferred out of the club to a fund where other Evans companies have access to it is not asset stripping. No siree. It is about that money 'resting in Evans account.

Just as the training ground is now owned by an off shore company based in Guernsey. We need to be a bit more grateful. More forelock tugging and more bowing and scrapping.

A recognition of where Evans ownership has taken us, and less grumbling.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:25 - Jan 6 with 3011 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 15:02 - Jan 6 by patrickswell

Earlier caveats still apply.

It’s hopeless and desperate to point to a list of rich people as an argument as to who might buy the club. What prospect is there of any of them wanting to do this?

That’s the point.

Otherwise it’s not an argument to say that rich people exist.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:48 - Jan 6 with 2989 viewspatrickswell

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:25 - Jan 6 by Oxford_Blue

It’s hopeless and desperate to point to a list of rich people as an argument as to who might buy the club. What prospect is there of any of them wanting to do this?

That’s the point.

Otherwise it’s not an argument to say that rich people exist.

And yet it seems on this board that unless me or anyone else who is unhappy with what Evans is doing, doesn’t name a buyer or personally recommend them atogether with a detailed financial plan for what they might do to take the club forward, then we’re a disgrace to the club and should be ashamed of ourselves. (Not something you’ve said, but others have and which I hope shows up the “You want Evans out? Who replaces him? Come on, tell me!” argument as equally silly).
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 22:08 - Jan 6 with 2963 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:48 - Jan 6 by patrickswell

And yet it seems on this board that unless me or anyone else who is unhappy with what Evans is doing, doesn’t name a buyer or personally recommend them atogether with a detailed financial plan for what they might do to take the club forward, then we’re a disgrace to the club and should be ashamed of ourselves. (Not something you’ve said, but others have and which I hope shows up the “You want Evans out? Who replaces him? Come on, tell me!” argument as equally silly).

As you say, I’ve never accused anyone of being a disgrace for wanting Evans out.

I want him out too.

My point is that simply saying “Evans out” repeatedly suggests a lack of understanding of the structure of ownership of the club and the effect of Evans going.

He is the owner. If he goes, it’s because the club no longer exists or because he’s sold it.

Given the first option isn’t really an option, it makes the second question vital - who will buy the club with the means to make us competitive? Providing a list of rich people doesn’t address this question I’m afraid.
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 22:58 - Jan 6 with 2940 viewslegal_blue

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 21:06 - Jan 5 by suffolkpoker

There are buyer out there but ME needs to make it look better

We need new buyer to own training ground (ME bought it off town)
We need our debt cleared - ME has added to it with every purchase.
We need to own the free hold of the stadium. Council own it.

Everything sells if the price is right and the freehold values are there.

I can see someone buying us cheap in league 1 tbh

If you did want to buy Town, then why pay over the odds now, when in May, we'll be available for a tenth of the price?
Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 23:23 - Jan 6 with 2923 viewssuffolkpoker

Lambert’s comments today echoed those of Hurst after Exeter in the league cup on 22:58 - Jan 6 by legal_blue

If you did want to buy Town, then why pay over the odds now, when in May, we'll be available for a tenth of the price?

You honestly think our value drops by 90%

Yes a huge chunk of our income is sky money from being in the championship.
It doesn’t drop by that much.

I agree our price when and if we go down drops a lot but not 90%.

Really our price ‘now’ should be factored in on the ‘relegation price’ as we are nailed on to go down.

If I was looking to buy, I buy now at the league 1 price and roll the dice for the last 20 games.

If we are talking suited owners mine are:-

1# Godolphin
2# Stride
3# Constitemim headed up by Simon Milton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024