Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ridiculous decision making of ITFC and Marcus Evans... 12:11 - Jan 6 with 818 viewsWestcountryblue

Yesterday was a real low in terms of being an ITFC fan, but it's hardly surprising looking back at the whole series of decisions that have led to this mess.

- Tommy Smith - Why on earth did we gracefully let a seasoned Championship defender with 250 appearances leave the club because 'Colorado would be a great experience' for him. We are an employer and a football club...that transfer was very strange indeed. Did we also pay for his flight tickets? Talk about being a soft touch

- Berra, McGoldrick - Both players wished to move on, but why? Again, we are a big club in this division in both size and infrastructure. I'm sorry, but they were integral players and we should of done much more to keep them...Berra in particular.

- Ripping the goals out of our side - With Waghorn and Garner we had a strong front two. Why on earth Paul Hurst decided it would be a good idea to sell, god only knows. Similarly, even someone like Callum Connolly who chipped in with 5 goals wasn't deemed good enough to take us forward...the arrogance is staggering.

- Webster - Sold for 3.8m to Bristol City...a club who ship out their much older centre back for 8m. We were royally mugged off in that deal and it was incredibly short sighted considering that 3.8m in today's market won't get you much when fees, wages and agent fees are taken into consideration.

- A chronic lack of funding - Optimists would argue that if we had kept last seasons squad intact, we might of had a good opportunity of breaking into the plays offs with a fresh injection of funding and 3-4 quality players through the door. Unfortunately, the complete opposite happened, and it seems more like asset stripping during the summer.

- Removing the periphery - Letting go of the likes of Bru, Hyam and Carayol, who were all experienced Championship players, albiet more squad players, left us without much depth. To replace these kind of players with the like of Tayo Edun, Jordan Roberts etc..who have no experience at this level was absurd. It was the same with Brett Pitman the season before.

- More ambition regarding signings - Someone like Bersant Celina ended up going to Swansea for 3m in the summer. I do with we had an owner with more foresight, as an investment in a player like Bersant, whose value is only going to rise at this level, isn't a risky use of money. It's the mindset of the club that's all wrong. We as big as the likes of Derby County, Sheffield Utd, Swansea etc...in terms of size and infrastructure. Our fans have just fell away due to a chronic lack of success and funding.

- Contracts - Knudsen despite his failings, shouldn't just be able to walk out of the door on a free. We should of offered him a contract in the summer, even if we only ever intended to sell him on at a later stage. We also now find ourselves in a difficult situation regarding Bishop. Personally, i can't see Teddy Bishop signing a new contract and wanting to play in League One.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 12:23]
The ridiculous decision making of ITFC and Marcus Evans... on 12:18 - Jan 6 with 778 viewsFtnfwest

It’s certainly interesting that BIshop when presented yesterday with a bit of time on the pitch to impress with time on his contract running out, suddenly put in a bit of a shift. Makes you realise that a number of the others are perfectly capable of raising their game as well.
The ridiculous decision making of ITFC and Marcus Evans... on 00:09 - Jan 7 with 618 viewsRyorry

Those are amongst the reasons why many people keep wishing ME would appoint a DoF I guess, but of course him not making that decision is just another one that could be regarded as poor!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024