Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... 13:42 - Dec 31 with 15623 viewsSuperfrans

For the first time, he seemed more exasperated than upbeat.

Pretty damning comments:
We need half a dozen in, including probably two strikers.
Jonas’s contract should never have been allowed to run down, should have been sorted out last summer.
Should never be in a situation of signing 8/9 players every year. It’s madness. It’s not normal.

It all seemed like the comments and body language of a man who is becoming impatient and fairly exasperated about where we are. That didn’t fill me with confidence about this coming month’s transfer dealings, I have to say...

Or am I reading between the lines too much...?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:19 - Dec 31 with 2773 viewsdavblue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 16:00 - Dec 31 by SomethingBlue

I appreciate the situation is far from easy and also respect that Evans has put a lot into this club - but if he doesn't give it one hell of a shot in this window I will be beyond angry.

I’m done with him already. The club is going nowhere with him long term. I have no faith in him making the right football decision. The money is frustrating but it’s his money so he can invest what he wants but this team requires surgery now or in the summer. He appears to have a decent manager (although I’m still not totally convinced by him) off the pitch he’s been a breath of fresh air.
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:21 - Dec 31 with 2760 viewsPJH

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:18 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Like I said when you invest in a club. Come back to me.

I bet you and Marcus have some great chat's about your respective problems of running football clubs.

I am a shareholder at ITFC so I am allowed to talk to you.

In fact there are no doubt several shareholders in ITFC on here.
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:26 - Dec 31 with 2747 viewsfooters

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:18 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Like I said when you invest in a club. Come back to me.

Buying a dozen boxes of crisps and a handful of bibs isn't quite the same level ME invests at.

And to be honest, if you're this financially illiterate it's probably best not to invest any more, in anything.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:26 - Dec 31 with 2744 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:21 - Dec 31 by PJH

I bet you and Marcus have some great chat's about your respective problems of running football clubs.

I am a shareholder at ITFC so I am allowed to talk to you.

In fact there are no doubt several shareholders in ITFC on here.

Go for it. Would be nice

How much do you currently spend on police per game and how will this defer moving down a league. What areas of the ground would be shut down do you think.

How will the club counter the increased fees of running the business side of the club against the lower funds available to cover these

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:27 - Dec 31 with 2743 viewsloyalfan

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 16:48 - Dec 31 by mr_bean

This one?

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1112

Thanks for that.
Phil, it wasn't "easy for us...... on 17:31 - Dec 31 with 2738 viewsBloots

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:16 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

The contract thing and number of players thing he has said before and I think we knew that he wanted a few signings even if he hadn't put a number on it. Might be some frustration that he wanted more - and more significant - signings in sooner but I think that is the nature of the January window and our position, not easy to make too many signings too quickly.

....to make too many signings too quickly" when we were in the top two of the league.

Our position has nothing to do with it.

I expect the other clubs staring into the abyss of third division football will be able to add quality, despite their position.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:31 - Dec 31 with 2728 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:26 - Dec 31 by footers

Buying a dozen boxes of crisps and a handful of bibs isn't quite the same level ME invests at.

And to be honest, if you're this financially illiterate it's probably best not to invest any more, in anything.

Probably right.

How awful to have a profitable club one of which was 45k in the red before I took over.

Increasing turnover from 20k to over £100k per season

Sitting top of the league at Xmas. Got back into the fa cup for first time in 7 years.

You do realise it costs over £80k per season to run a step 6 side don't you.

Shocking owner.

Waka waka eh eh

Phil, it wasn't "easy for us...... on 17:34 - Dec 31 with 2732 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil, it wasn't "easy for us...... on 17:31 - Dec 31 by Bloots

....to make too many signings too quickly" when we were in the top two of the league.

Our position has nothing to do with it.

I expect the other clubs staring into the abyss of third division football will be able to add quality, despite their position.

That may or may not have been the case, think it has varied window to window, but league position - as well as the usual issues like geography - will have an impact when approaching players.
Login to get fewer ads

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:37 - Dec 31 with 2706 viewsfooters

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:31 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Probably right.

How awful to have a profitable club one of which was 45k in the red before I took over.

Sitting top of the league at Xmas. Got back into the fa cup for first time in 7 years.

Shocking owner.

Fair play, well done on your success.

But you do talk a lot of rot, Frimmers. Evans is not planning to drop into L1, and we'd be less saleable if we got relegated. There is no 'win-win' there for anyone.

But I know you'll disagree, so let's leave it there.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:41 - Dec 31 with 2692 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:37 - Dec 31 by footers

Fair play, well done on your success.

But you do talk a lot of rot, Frimmers. Evans is not planning to drop into L1, and we'd be less saleable if we got relegated. There is no 'win-win' there for anyone.

But I know you'll disagree, so let's leave it there.

I don't think he's planning too either. But I'm not sure he's willing to or able to fund a survival bid either. We defo won't be less sellable. That I am confident on. As it'll be cheaper to do so with potential long term success achievable without the risk associated with a championship club

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 18:09 - Dec 31 with 2656 viewsHerbivore

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:41 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

I don't think he's planning too either. But I'm not sure he's willing to or able to fund a survival bid either. We defo won't be less sellable. That I am confident on. As it'll be cheaper to do so with potential long term success achievable without the risk associated with a championship club

You do realise you can't go straight from League 1 to the Prem, right?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 18:11 - Dec 31 with 2649 viewsPJH

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 18:09 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

Well we went from Division 2 to The Premier League in 1992.
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 18:12 - Dec 31 with 2648 viewsHerbivore

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:31 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Probably right.

Shocking owner.

Our turnover is 170 times that. To put that into perspective, it's the equivalent of someone overseeing a club that turns over £588 a year claiming they know a bit about running a club the size of yours.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 18:13 - Dec 31 with 2646 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 18:09 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

Of course.

But the highs of a potential league 1 promotion push and potential win would carry on into the championship season with increased crowds and a better financial position than we sit at currently.

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 18:15 - Dec 31 with 2642 viewsPJH

Probably right.

Shocking owner.

Amazing that you have the spare time to sort out ITFC as well then.
Phil, it wasn't "easy for us...... on 18:24 - Dec 31 with 2640 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil, it wasn't "easy for us...... on 17:34 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

That may or may not have been the case, think it has varied window to window, but league position - as well as the usual issues like geography - will have an impact when approaching players.

Further to that, looking at the clubs at the bottom of the table, I would guess we'll have more money at our disposal than most if not all of them.
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 19:29 - Dec 31 with 2578 viewsSuperfrans

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 16:40 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

I've not said we are worth more by going down. I said we would be a more attractive proposition for a buyer being a league 1 club than we are as itfc in the championship

You have said (unless Ive misunderstood) that it would be better for Evans if we were to go down, as he’d be able to sell us more easily. That’s right isn’t it?

Surely, the only reason we’d be easier to sell after we’ve meet relegated is because our value would massively decline and we’d be at a bargain basement level. In other words, Evans would get less money us.

In what world is that a better deal for Evans? It makes no sense.

I can just about believe that Evans might consider that relegation, giving him the justification to slash our budgets, get rid of the academy (or dramatically scale it down) and make us lighter and leaner for a possible future promotion campaign - rather than spending £6-£8m on a bid to try fight against relegation, a bid which may be pointless. But getting relegated so he can sell? That’s nuts...
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 19:33]

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 19:35 - Dec 31 with 2571 viewsSuperfrans

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 17:41 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

But you do think it could be a “win win” for Evans. Just doesn’t stack up, I’m afraid.

“Go down, he cuts the wage bill inline with the league, his investment level requirements drop, technically relegation could be a win win for Evans.”

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 20:33 - Dec 31 with 2539 viewsBluesquid

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 16:48 - Dec 31 by mr_bean

This one?

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1112

Thanks mr bean.
That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 20:38 - Dec 31 with 2526 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 19:35 - Dec 31 by Superfrans

But you do think it could be a “win win” for Evans. Just doesn’t stack up, I’m afraid.

“Go down, he cuts the wage bill inline with the league, his investment level requirements drop, technically relegation could be a win win for Evans.”

Evans is keen to sell the club. He's struggled to.

Do I think he'd rather carry on being an owner in the championship though as it may be the highest earner if a a buyer was found . Yes and probably the only way he would get any of the debt paid back too.

However should we go down. He will find it easier to find a buyer but at a much lower cost. The negative for him is he sells at less value than he'd want but the positive for him is finding a buyer and he can stop Investing in a club that is too big for him.

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 21:23 - Dec 31 with 2506 viewsHerbivore

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 20:38 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Evans is keen to sell the club. He's struggled to.

Do I think he'd rather carry on being an owner in the championship though as it may be the highest earner if a a buyer was found . Yes and probably the only way he would get any of the debt paid back too.

However should we go down. He will find it easier to find a buyer but at a much lower cost. The negative for him is he sells at less value than he'd want but the positive for him is finding a buyer and he can stop Investing in a club that is too big for him.

You do realise that if he really wanted to sell he could just drop the price whilst we're in the Championship? He doesn't need us to go down in order to sell for less.

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 22:23 - Dec 31 with 2466 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 21:23 - Dec 31 by Herbivore

You do realise that if he really wanted to sell he could just drop the price whilst we're in the Championship? He doesn't need us to go down in order to sell for less.

Correct however whilst the club is still in the championship whilst it's very unlikely, if a buyer was interested they would be also take on the debt in some form meaning Evans gets some of his money back. He would be stupid to write of any debt whilst the club still sits in the championship.

However if we go down he has no hope in getting any of his money back and will have to write off the debt which inturn will make it easier for a buyer and therefore more attractive to purchase. I would give it 3 months after relegation and we would have new owners

Waka waka eh eh

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 22:38 - Dec 31 with 2457 viewsEly_Blue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 22:23 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

Correct however whilst the club is still in the championship whilst it's very unlikely, if a buyer was interested they would be also take on the debt in some form meaning Evans gets some of his money back. He would be stupid to write of any debt whilst the club still sits in the championship.

However if we go down he has no hope in getting any of his money back and will have to write off the debt which inturn will make it easier for a buyer and therefore more attractive to purchase. I would give it 3 months after relegation and we would have new owners

Are you still going on! It’s getting tiresome now

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 22:45 - Dec 31 with 2445 viewsagentp

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 22:23 - Dec 31 by FrimleyBlue

So while we are in the Championship he won't write off the debt, so, instead, he is going to lose an extra £5m and suffer the embarrassment of relegation to write off the debt.

Got it.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 22:47 - Dec 31 with 2440 viewsFrimleyBlue

That seemed a pretty exasperated Lambert to me... on 22:38 - Dec 31 by Ely_Blue

Are you still going on! It’s getting tiresome now

Just Responding to a response Ely. Called politeness.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024