Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! 13:09 - Dec 31 with 3664 viewsFixed_It

Who has a 'second team'?

*Ipswich U23s is a given.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:11 - Dec 31 with 3655 viewsTractorCam

Ipswich Wanderers AND Fortuna Dusseldorf

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:41 - Dec 31 with 3599 viewstextbackup

I’ve never watched another team live that didn’t involve Town. That said, if we drop and are further removed from the top leagues, I might take up a mates offer of using his season ticket for a game or two, it’ll be free, and a different experience. I wouldn’t sing or celebrate, I’d just watch the game.
At West Ham

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:45 - Dec 31 with 3588 viewsmo_itfc

I've been following Colchester and Wimbeldon for a couple of years now.
Due to friends, I've not been to any of their games yet, but I'm planning on getting to a colchester game in the new year!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

on 13:45 - Dec 31 with 3587 views_

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:41 - Dec 31 by textbackup

I’ve never watched another team live that didn’t involve Town. That said, if we drop and are further removed from the top leagues, I might take up a mates offer of using his season ticket for a game or two, it’ll be free, and a different experience. I wouldn’t sing or celebrate, I’d just watch the game.
At West Ham

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:46 - Dec 31 with 3583 viewsReuser_is_God

Don't have one, never have had one & never will have one.

A 'second' team, what a load of bollox.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:54 - Dec 31 with 3561 viewsPecker

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:46 - Dec 31 by Reuser_is_God

Don't have one, never have had one & never will have one.

A 'second' team, what a load of bollox.

Never thought of having one. Don't see the point.
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:56 - Dec 31 with 3553 viewsStokieBlue

Don't we play a second team every week?

I assumed that is what we were doing, give everyone a chance and all that.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:57 - Dec 31 with 3549 viewslukey130490

I like to follow Atlanta United (its nice to see a team winning things), but given that in NFL i follow Falcons, NBA - Atlanta Hawks and MLB - Atlanta Braves, it seemed the sensible choice. Hoping to get out and see them there in the next year or so!
Login to get fewer ads

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 13:58 - Dec 31 with 3544 viewsITFC_Forever

Used to watch the bro-in-law when he was playing pro quite a bit if ITFC weren’t playing / I haven’t gone to the away game, especially when he was playing for Cambridge.

Now he’s stopped playing, I don’t really have one. There’s a few teams I soft spots for due to my friends supporting them, but that’s it.

Never really got in to the whole non-league thing much below the Conference. Seems to be made up of players who are nowhere near as good as they think they are (and should all be full-time pros) and ask for far too much money as a result (there were Conference players earning £3k a week 15 years ago, and I suspect that figure has only increased) whereas the clubs are held together by aging volunteers who do it all for the love of it / out of habit / haven’t got anything better to do / all three.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 14:02]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:00 - Dec 31 with 3534 viewsstig4532

I follow a bit of Orlando City SC in the MLS but I don't support them like I do Ipswich. Ironically, they've had a bad season too.
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:08 - Dec 31 with 3502 viewsstantheman

Forest Green as I used to watch them occasionally when I lived in Gloucestershire. It wont be long before we are playing them regularly at this rate
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:08 - Dec 31 with 3500 viewsbluesym

Ive been a follower of Everton since the ‘86 cup final.It was purely because my friend hated Liverpool and wanted Everton to win.That was when I first started getting into football properly and the 87/88 season i got my first ever Ipswich season ticket.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:11 - Dec 31 with 3492 viewsBent_double

I don't support/care about any team other than Ipswich, but I have always wanted Arsenal to win games if ever I've been watching them - probably goes back to 1989 when they had to beat Liverpool by 2 goals at Anfield to win the title on the last day of the season.

Weirdly, my son is an out-and-out Liverpool fan, other than peer pressure (and the embarrassment of having a dad who supports Ipswich!), I can only think that happened because I used to go on and on about how good the Liverpool teams of the 80's were, so I'm to blame, well and Ipswich for being so craaap these last 15 years!

He even wants the budgies to get promoted so he can go and watch the Liverpool game at Carrot Rd with one of his mates next season!

Is it too late to give him up for adoption???

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:13 - Dec 31 with 3486 viewsFtnfwest

Cambridge merely because they are my home town team and Pompey as I watched them a bit when I was at college there many moons ago. Not much idea now of who plays for either etc though so I literally only follow their respective results and little else
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:22 - Dec 31 with 3463 viewsNorthstaNder

Valencia CF
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:41 - Dec 31 with 3428 viewscarlisleaway

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:22 - Dec 31 by NorthstaNder

Valencia CF

For the past 55 years I have only supported one team and if that means following them in the 1st Division...so be it, Ipswich are my team and might look at Glasgow Rangers results but that is because they play in Blue.
You hear many fans from the top teams in the Premier League come on Talksport and moan when there teams lose the odd game. Look at the lower league supporters to see the true football fans in this country.
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:42 - Dec 31 with 3424 viewsclive_baker

Don’t have a 2nd team as such. A couple of teams / managers I played under in the past and I’m still in touch with who I like to see do well. And some I don’t for that matter.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:48 - Dec 31 with 3413 viewsRozz

Towards the end of the MM era & being in Hackney, I'd often be tempted to check out the fuss around Clapton FC's band of 'ultras'. Looks like they've fallen out with the club and jumped ship to Clapton Community FC in the Middlesex Counties Div. 1, so I missed the boat.

Local, cheap, community identity. It really appealed at the time. I have to say if nothing else positive comes from our relegation season (as it looks likely to be), at least it's rekindled my interest in ITFC & brought me closer to the club.

No qualms with people having a second local team - I may well go along to an Orient game or two next time we have a break. They're sitting top of a Vanarama National League with lots of southern / London teams, including Braintree, sadly bottom. I'd probably be a regular by now if we were midtable under MM.

Ho Hum!
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:51 - Dec 31 with 3405 viewsBLUEBEAT

Soham Town Rangers.

Deep in a relegation battle too in the Isthmian Bostik North.

Lowestoft Town too, when not clashing with the others.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 14:53]

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:55 - Dec 31 with 3386 viewsChiefXL

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:22 - Dec 31 by NorthstaNder

Valencia CF

Amunt Valencia!

In addition to Los Che, Werder Bremen.
For family reasons.
Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:59 - Dec 31 with 3377 viewsJ2BLUE

I find it a very odd concept. IMO it is only acceptable if you move somewhere and support the local team as a distant second to your real team. All this 'Liverpool are my second team' boll0cks irritates me. To be honest, so does the new trend of picking a non league team. The reason I don't support any NFL team is I believe the club chooses you. I was born in Ipswich and couldn't resist the pull of my hometown club even when family in Manchester were trying to make me a United fan. Suddenly choosing a team is something I find very odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 15:07 - Dec 31 with 3349 viewsjudespiveyg

I've really liked what Spurs have done for the last few years, wouldn't say I support them in any way though as I don't particularly care if they lose. Favourite foreign team are Bayern Munich.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 15:53 - Dec 31 with 3293 viewsBLUEBEAT

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:59 - Dec 31 by J2BLUE

I find it a very odd concept. IMO it is only acceptable if you move somewhere and support the local team as a distant second to your real team. All this 'Liverpool are my second team' boll0cks irritates me. To be honest, so does the new trend of picking a non league team. The reason I don't support any NFL team is I believe the club chooses you. I was born in Ipswich and couldn't resist the pull of my hometown club even when family in Manchester were trying to make me a United fan. Suddenly choosing a team is something I find very odd.

I guess I’m not a fan of Ipswich but a fan of local football, then.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 15:57 - Dec 31 with 3283 viewsbrogansnose

Ok. Let's hear it fron the wrong'uns! on 14:51 - Dec 31 by BLUEBEAT

Soham Town Rangers.

Deep in a relegation battle too in the Isthmian Bostik North.

Lowestoft Town too, when not clashing with the others.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 14:53]

Julius Martin Lane massive.

Doesn't it get flooded on occaision ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024