Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Computer Games 13:22 - Nov 26 with 11383 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Does anybody else think that people over the age of 15 that play computer games need to have a long hard look at themselves and grow up?

Poll: Best Football Song

Computer Games on 14:36 - Nov 26 with 3671 viewsSwansea_Blue

Computer Games on 14:33 - Nov 26 by wkj

Did it run Android or IoS?

We should have been so lucky. 10 minute load times off a tape player back in those days.

They really were the days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Computer Games on 14:38 - Nov 26 with 3665 viewsSpruceMoose

Computer Games on 14:36 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

We should have been so lucky. 10 minute load times off a tape player back in those days.

They really were the days.

You got to listen to the wonderful noises though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Computer Games on 14:42 - Nov 26 with 3649 viewsgiant_stow

There are people who do worse, like use the mobile phone to touch through tube barriers. scum

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Computer Games on 14:42 - Nov 26 with 3645 viewsSpruceMoose

Computer Games on 14:42 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

There are people who do worse, like use the mobile phone to touch through tube barriers. scum

The chance would be a fine thing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Computer Games on 14:47 - Nov 26 with 3633 viewsLord_Lucan

Only those that have their own games room and won't allow their son entry.

ABB?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Computer Games on 14:48 - Nov 26 with 3628 viewsgiant_stow

Computer Games on 14:42 - Nov 26 by SpruceMoose

The chance would be a fine thing.

don't they have that in yankland then? You're better off without it - seems to be much slower than a card.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Computer Games on 14:49 - Nov 26 with 3621 viewsartsbossbeard

Computer Games on 14:47 - Nov 26 by Lord_Lucan

Only those that have their own games room and won't allow their son entry.

ABB?

Guilty as charged!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Computer Games on 14:51 - Nov 26 with 3617 viewsSpruceMoose

Computer Games on 14:48 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

don't they have that in yankland then? You're better off without it - seems to be much slower than a card.

In NYC it's an antiquated magnetic swipe card that frequently takes 15 swipes to register before saying the card has already just been used and not letting you through.

Meanwhile Jonny Fuhgeddaboudit is behind you yelling that you need to get the fook out of his way as he's late to go eat a bagel or something.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 14:55]

Login to get fewer ads

Computer Games on 14:59 - Nov 26 with 3599 viewsgiant_stow

Computer Games on 14:51 - Nov 26 by SpruceMoose

In NYC it's an antiquated magnetic swipe card that frequently takes 15 swipes to register before saying the card has already just been used and not letting you through.

Meanwhile Jonny Fuhgeddaboudit is behind you yelling that you need to get the fook out of his way as he's late to go eat a bagel or something.

haha!

Computer Games on 15:01 - Nov 26 with 3594 viewswkj

Computer Games on 14:51 - Nov 26 by SpruceMoose

AIYM WAAAHLKHIN HEEEREE

[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 15:03]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Computer Games on 15:21 - Nov 26 with 3557 viewsjjblue84

So strange to witness grown men (and women) playing childish games on their phone which gives them meaningless rewards such as brightly coloured balloons when they finish a ‘level’!!!
Computer Games on 15:24 - Nov 26 with 3551 viewsSouperJim

What exactly does it mean to "grow up"? Lose all sense of fun, worry about what others will think of you due to what forms of entertainment you enjoy? No interest in growing up here if so.

http://theconversation.com/the-infantilization-of-western-culture-99556

I regularly come across people who have "grown up" yet sit at home in a onesie, drinking their hot milky drink form their costa tippy cup, watching Disney films "with" their kids...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Computer Games on 15:26 - Nov 26 with 3547 viewsSteve_M

Computer Games on 15:21 - Nov 26 by jjblue84

So strange to witness grown men (and women) playing childish games on their phone which gives them meaningless rewards such as brightly coloured balloons when they finish a ‘level’!!!

Is it as sad as fifth-rate online trolling that never gets a bite?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Computer Games on 15:49 - Nov 26 with 3524 viewsjjblue84

Computer Games on 15:26 - Nov 26 by Steve_M

Is it as sad as fifth-rate online trolling that never gets a bite?

0/10!!
Computer Games on 15:58 - Nov 26 with 3517 viewsgiant_stow

Computer Games on 15:21 - Nov 26 by jjblue84

Odd you mention it as I've just learnt about the glories of Soccerstars on the phone. Cracking game, but I get a bit excited when I've just won a game (I start giving the opponents icon the finger and screaming 'fck you fck you, fkc you fck you' the the big ben chimes tune.

Computer Games on 16:22 - Nov 26 with 3484 viewsm14_blue

‘We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.’
Computer Games on 16:23 - Nov 26 with 3481 viewsSpruceMoose

Computer Games on 16:22 - Nov 26 by m14_blue

‘We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.’

Or because it falls off.

Computer Games on 16:28 - Nov 26 with 3466 viewsjjblue84

Computer Games on 15:58 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

Odd you mention it as I've just learnt about the glories of Soccerstars on the phone. Cracking game, but I get a bit excited when I've just won a game (I start giving the opponents icon the finger and screaming 'fck you fck you, fkc you fck you' the the big ben chimes tune.

Awwww
Computer Games on 16:31 - Nov 26 with 3456 viewsBiGDonnie

Computer Games on 16:23 - Nov 26 by SpruceMoose

Or because it falls off.

Or starts going inwards.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Computer Games on 16:35 - Nov 26 with 3449 viewsjeera

Computer Games on 15:24 - Nov 26 by SouperJim

What exactly does it mean to "grow up"? Lose all sense of fun, worry about what others will think of you due to what forms of entertainment you enjoy? No interest in growing up here if so.

http://theconversation.com/the-infantilization-of-western-culture-99556

I regularly come across people who have "grown up" yet sit at home in a onesie, drinking their hot milky drink form their costa tippy cup, watching Disney films "with" their kids...

Adults in 'onesies'.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Computer Games on 17:26 - Nov 26 with 3411 viewsBlueBadger

No more so than grown men running onto football matches ta the end of games.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Computer Games on 17:38 - Nov 26 with 3397 viewsBlueBadger

Computer Games on 14:15 - Nov 26 by Pinewoodblue

Not forgetting the argumentative types who call. A spade a f*Ing shovel.

...but get upset when you call them humorous names.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Computer Games on 17:53 - Nov 26 with 3390 viewsGuthrum

Not really, so long as that isn't all they do.

And I still think it's better to do it socially, face-to-face with others (tabletop RPG*, LARPing/freeforms** and boardgames***) rather than alone on a computer. Says the man who just spent the weekend doing those very things (and partying) at a gaming convention on the south coast.

* Like Dungeons and Dragons-type games
** The same, but dressing up and acting it out
*** Monopoly is not the only one out there

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Computer Games on 17:54 - Nov 26 with 3385 viewsSpruceMoose

Computer Games on 17:53 - Nov 26 by Guthrum

Not really, so long as that isn't all they do.

And I still think it's better to do it socially, face-to-face with others (tabletop RPG*, LARPing/freeforms** and boardgames***) rather than alone on a computer. Says the man who just spent the weekend doing those very things (and partying) at a gaming convention on the south coast.

* Like Dungeons and Dragons-type games
** The same, but dressing up and acting it out
*** Monopoly is not the only one out there

I often LARP as Donkey Kong.

Computer Games on 18:27 - Nov 26 with 3369 viewspickles110564

Nope, it is my escape from real life, why take that fun away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024