Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? 19:41 - Oct 31 with 5406 viewsVeryStableGenius

Assuming that PL and his team are able to reboot some of Hurst’s signings, which players do we think are going to make the grade?

Although he has put in some highly questionable performances so far this season, I would go for Nolan. Somewhere in there is a decent footballer trying to get out and I think Lambert is the man to get him playing.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 19:42]
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:44 - Oct 31 with 4891 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I can't see any of them going backwards under Lambert.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:49 - Oct 31 with 4864 viewsSuperblue95

I think most the signings we made have shown some potential (besides Roberts and Harrison) and they could all easily improve under better guidance

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:49 - Oct 31 with 4859 viewsMoisha

I’d like to think Jackson is a player that can score goals with the right service.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:55 - Oct 31 with 4828 viewsvilanovablue

Nolan will hopefully improve, Nsiala shouldn't have been rushed into the side but can do a job. I think he'll drag a few others up too
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:57 - Oct 31 with 4811 viewsHarry_Palmer

Yeah I also have a sneaky feeling that Nolan might do quite well under Lambert.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 20:29 - Oct 31 with 4718 viewsitfcjoe

My guesses....

Donacien - I like what I've seen of him, but he can't hold down a place. Hopefully Lambert likes him and plays him but wouldn't be surprised to see Spence start ahead of him.

Nsiala - Can't see him starting games ahead of Pennington and CHambers initially, but hopefully PL can get him abck to being a no nonsense centre back who is a bit smarter and he can be an asset.

Nolan - I worry about him, looks a player that hasn't settled and wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a very poor signing. There is a player in there but not sure we'll see it here.

Edwards - A good player already, think Lambert will get a fair bit out of him, like Hurst was doing

Roberts - Not convinced he'll ever be good enough at this level, anything we get out of him is a bonus

Harrison - On paper could be the sort of striker Lambert works well with, hopefully gets fit and playing ASAP

Jackson - Not sure on him, as he looks a way of Championship quality on the ball.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 20:31 - Oct 31 with 4697 viewswkj

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:49 - Oct 31 by Moisha

I’d like to think Jackson is a player that can score goals with the right service.

I want to be proven wrong about Jackson, but i think he is all sizzle and no sausage. Edwards on the other hand, I wanna see how Lambert hones him

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 20:36 - Oct 31 with 4675 viewsChocorange

I have a feeling about Harrison, played well at end of pre season , took his goal well v West Ham...

From what I hear wants the ball to feet , not in the air all the time.

Scored goals a division higher than Jackson

Hoping there's a striker , there who will be fit again soon!
Login to get fewer ads

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 20:45 - Oct 31 with 4631 viewsOsborneOneNil

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:49 - Oct 31 by Superblue95

I think most the signings we made have shown some potential (besides Roberts and Harrison) and they could all easily improve under better guidance

I’m not sure Roberts has had much of a go. His cameo at Derby certainly brightened us up though.

Nolan, there’s a player there. Harrison, lovely finish v West Ham, and my Gas Head mate is desperate for him to go back to them.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 22:27 - Oct 31 with 4425 viewsGuthrum

All of them.

Tho only some will make the grade long-term.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 03:41 - Nov 1 with 4239 viewsharlingblue

Donacien to be played as attacking right wing back, one of the best signings, but wasted.
Nolan surely could be made a complete player under PL guidance, not the lightweight that we have seen.
Harrison is a far better front runner than the press that he gets on this forum.
Nsiala could be a man mountain, but is so naive in judgement of some tackles and poor in pass, plenty to work on there, but could be worth it.
Edwards just needs a decent supply from midfield, he has the rest.
Jackson has pace but lacks control, could be a menace beside a good, strong centre forward.
Of the loan players Chalabah is an excellent young player, Pennington likewise, Edun not been played enough to judge.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 07:51 - Nov 1 with 4058 viewsWestcountryblue

- Harrison is a good nuisance player to bring off the bench, or use away from home. If we can get 10-12 goals out of him a season, that would be great.
- Nsiala probably won't make it at this level. His decision making and ability on the ball isn't good enough and he is not quick enough to make up for this. He will act as cover for Pennington and Chambers for the season and then probably depart.
- Edwards should go from strength to strength, he's a quality player.
- Nolan, neat and tidy but limited. Downes and Dozzell are much better i'm afraid. Things will get harder for him with Bishop and Huws now back in full training.
- Donacian is good defensively and tidy on the ball. Good player in there potentially.
- Jackson needs a few tap ins. I think he could step up, but he has looked short of confidence having to feed off scraps. It might take him a season to get up to speed at this level.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 07:59 - Nov 1 with 4028 viewsHackneyblueboy

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 07:51 - Nov 1 by Westcountryblue

- Harrison is a good nuisance player to bring off the bench, or use away from home. If we can get 10-12 goals out of him a season, that would be great.
- Nsiala probably won't make it at this level. His decision making and ability on the ball isn't good enough and he is not quick enough to make up for this. He will act as cover for Pennington and Chambers for the season and then probably depart.
- Edwards should go from strength to strength, he's a quality player.
- Nolan, neat and tidy but limited. Downes and Dozzell are much better i'm afraid. Things will get harder for him with Bishop and Huws now back in full training.
- Donacian is good defensively and tidy on the ball. Good player in there potentially.
- Jackson needs a few tap ins. I think he could step up, but he has looked short of confidence having to feed off scraps. It might take him a season to get up to speed at this level.

What's the latest on Harrison's injury? It would be a big boost if he was back in the squad soon. Really missing some presence up top.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 08:09 - Nov 1 with 4003 viewshype313

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 07:59 - Nov 1 by Hackneyblueboy

What's the latest on Harrison's injury? It would be a big boost if he was back in the squad soon. Really missing some presence up top.

Think Phil said he should be back after the next international break, seems to be a lot of those currently..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 08:24 - Nov 1 with 3982 viewsSteve_M

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 20:29 - Oct 31 by itfcjoe

My guesses....

Donacien - I like what I've seen of him, but he can't hold down a place. Hopefully Lambert likes him and plays him but wouldn't be surprised to see Spence start ahead of him.

Nsiala - Can't see him starting games ahead of Pennington and CHambers initially, but hopefully PL can get him abck to being a no nonsense centre back who is a bit smarter and he can be an asset.

Nolan - I worry about him, looks a player that hasn't settled and wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a very poor signing. There is a player in there but not sure we'll see it here.

Edwards - A good player already, think Lambert will get a fair bit out of him, like Hurst was doing

Roberts - Not convinced he'll ever be good enough at this level, anything we get out of him is a bonus

Harrison - On paper could be the sort of striker Lambert works well with, hopefully gets fit and playing ASAP

Jackson - Not sure on him, as he looks a way of Championship quality on the ball.

Broadly agree.

Nolan is really odd, he's technically decent and has flashes where he looks a really good player but has long spells where the game just passes him by. Whether this division is just too quick for him or if it's the general mess it's 50/50 if he'll make it here.

I like Harrison, he struggled from being isolated and having the ball pinged at his head too much early on and doesn't seem to have been forgiven for missing a very good chance at Hillsborough but the instinctive stuff and control looks good.

Jackson has spells where he looks really sharp and others, like Saturday, where he looks about three divisions out of his depth. That looks like his career as a whole and £1.6m looks expensive at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 09:20 - Nov 1 with 3866 viewsRadlett_blue

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 19:55 - Oct 31 by vilanovablue

Nolan will hopefully improve, Nsiala shouldn't have been rushed into the side but can do a job. I think he'll drag a few others up too

If Nsiala wasn't good enough to come straight into the side, why pay £1m for him?
Would have been better off developing Woolfenden.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 09:54 - Nov 1 with 3816 viewsTractorJack

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 08:24 - Nov 1 by Steve_M

Broadly agree.

Nolan is really odd, he's technically decent and has flashes where he looks a really good player but has long spells where the game just passes him by. Whether this division is just too quick for him or if it's the general mess it's 50/50 if he'll make it here.

I like Harrison, he struggled from being isolated and having the ball pinged at his head too much early on and doesn't seem to have been forgiven for missing a very good chance at Hillsborough but the instinctive stuff and control looks good.

Jackson has spells where he looks really sharp and others, like Saturday, where he looks about three divisions out of his depth. That looks like his career as a whole and £1.6m looks expensive at the moment.

I'm convinced Nolan will come good if he's played as an 8.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 11:02 - Nov 1 with 3737 viewsZedRodgers

It's nice that everyone's looking at the positive attributes of Paul Hurst's signings again.

Instead of just moaning that buying League One players will make you a League One team.

No, not at the moment

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 11:14 - Nov 1 with 3704 viewsPJH

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 11:02 - Nov 1 by ZedRodgers

It's nice that everyone's looking at the positive attributes of Paul Hurst's signings again.

Instead of just moaning that buying League One players will make you a League One team.

Although it is mostly people trying to convince themselves that some of the signings might possibly be good enough for The Championship.
It could be that they are all in fact just League One players.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 11:27 - Nov 1 with 3652 viewsSteve_M

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 11:14 - Nov 1 by PJH

Although it is mostly people trying to convince themselves that some of the signings might possibly be good enough for The Championship.
It could be that they are all in fact just League One players.

And the major criticism, voiced repeatedly since the Summer, is that Hurst brought too many players without Championship experience into the team at the same time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 11:32 - Nov 1 with 3619 viewsPJH

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 11:27 - Nov 1 by Steve_M

And the major criticism, voiced repeatedly since the Summer, is that Hurst brought too many players without Championship experience into the team at the same time.

I remember Hurst saying about one of these signings"and he has never played in The Championship" as though that was a virtue and seemingly an essential requirement for one of his signings.
The need to have a high proportion of players with Championship experience was obvious even before the season started but Hurst went further and further away from that prior to the arrival of Walters and Pennington and Graham.
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 12:05 - Nov 1 with 3542 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Maybe Donacien and Edwards. Jackson didn't look very good against Millwall, his runs are smart, his feet are not.

Nsiala is what Nsiala is, he's rash and well off the championship pace.

Not sure what Nolan does on the pitch.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 12:26 - Nov 1 with 3493 viewsLeagueOne

I have to be brutally honest, I am very doubtful many of them will be here this time next year. Edwards is the only one who's come in and really stepped up, the rest for me have been incredibly poor and haven't looked half of what the standard of this league now requires.

We have defenders who cannot do the basics and defend so we're conceding soft goals and we're a joke when it comes to organising a set piece, we have a midfield which now also can't defend and also can't cant create f'all and as for the new front two, probably as poor a front two as we've ever had here. The table hasn't lied really, we're bottom because we're the worse team in the league.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 12:27]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 12:36 - Nov 1 with 3458 viewsGooders7592

Edwards & Harrison.

Jackson 50/50
Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 13:13 - Nov 1 with 3385 viewsRadlett_blue

Which of Hurst’s signing (if any) will Lambert improve? on 12:26 - Nov 1 by LeagueOne

I have to be brutally honest, I am very doubtful many of them will be here this time next year. Edwards is the only one who's come in and really stepped up, the rest for me have been incredibly poor and haven't looked half of what the standard of this league now requires.

We have defenders who cannot do the basics and defend so we're conceding soft goals and we're a joke when it comes to organising a set piece, we have a midfield which now also can't defend and also can't cant create f'all and as for the new front two, probably as poor a front two as we've ever had here. The table hasn't lied really, we're bottom because we're the worse team in the league.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 12:27]

Lambert has been known for clearing out players he doesn't fancy. He clearly can't do that now, but one or two names might not be in the squad much going forward. January also isn't a great time to overhaul a squad but I see more huge changes in the summer (after 12 new signings this year) which may be necessary but won't be particularly healthy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024