Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartosz... 08:40 - Sep 19 with 7496 viewsportmanking

I'm told the senior players had words with Hurst re. dropping Bialkowski and a difference of opinion has brought about the beginning of the end in terms of breakdown in communication between PH and the senior pros.

Bart cut an exceedingly forlorn figure at half time last night. Sat on the bench alone for much of the 15-minute interval, before signing a few autographs.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 8:44]
Bartosz... on 11:46 - Sep 19 with 1002 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bartosz... on 09:13 - Sep 19 by Garv

It's hardly out in the cold, is it? He's on the bench.

There's only one keeper position available on the pitch. The keeper who is in form has the spot right now.

He knew what he signed up for by being a keeper.

"
He knew what he signed up for by being a keeper. "

Probably wouldn't have signed a new contract if he thought he'd be dropped so soon into the season though

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bartosz... on 11:47 - Sep 19 with 998 viewsGuthrum

Bartosz... on 11:19 - Sep 19 by portmanking

The Bart issue was apparently a bridge too far for some.

So, having played five League games with pretty much identical lineups* (barring injury and suspension) and broadly similar tactics, the senior players are suddenly upset at the goalie being dropped for another one of their number? This supposed "scattergun" approach did not begin until Bialkowski was benched.

* Seven of the squad started all five matches. Three others started all four for which they were available (Nolan and Nsiala signed after the first match, Skuse was injured for Sheff Wed). Three of the changes for Norwich had only just arrived at the club, one of those being a replacement for the suspended Nsiala.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bartosz... on 12:32 - Sep 19 with 941 viewsGuthrum

Bartosz... on 11:44 - Sep 19 by portmanking

That's fine, I'm not asking you to buy it. But the individual I spoke with last night would have no reason to make things up.

I do find it strange that people can't grasp why senior pros that appreciate the sterling work Bart has done in the last three seasons - getting us out of a hole on many occasions - would be irked by his treatment thus far. I was also led to believe that ME is equally unimpressed with Bart being sidelined given that he's now a top earner.

Thing is, he wasn't making controversial decisions before Bialkowski was dropped. The team lineup was pretty stable. Even against Norwich, most of what he did was brought in people he'd just hired (two of whom were among the best performers on the day).

I can see why Evans might be unhappy that the player he's just paid a lot of money to keep has been sidelined. Or the few remaining players who've been here for some years feel unhappy for their colleague. But that's the issue with running a sporting team, players have to be picked on current form, not just loyalty due to past achievements, however stellar.

It's the same with the youths coming through. The manager can't be expected to sacrifice performance for sentiment.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bartosz... on 13:50 - Sep 19 with 877 views3_5_2

Bartosz... on 08:44 - Sep 19 by poppiesman

Gerken played very well last night though.

That Makes no difference to some on here

Bart has to play regardless, Gerken played well Saturday (wasn't there so can't comment) played well last night apart form a couple of dodgy kicks

No one should be guaranteed a place and if you want the shirt, play well and keep it.

Unless it's Bart of course ( I am big Bart fan) but he has been below par and When he gets his chance, which he will, he will step up his game again

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Bartosz... on 13:56 - Sep 19 with 865 viewsJ2BLUE

Bartosz... on 11:46 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

"
He knew what he signed up for by being a keeper. "

Probably wouldn't have signed a new contract if he thought he'd be dropped so soon into the season though

Guarantee starting places to the Frimley massive do you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bartosz... on 13:58 - Sep 19 with 857 viewsPositivelyPortman

Don’t believe this crap.
This PortmanKing character is just sitting at home with nothing to do except stir up you lot.

I asked for his source and he’s not replied. It’s just lies.
Sad existence really.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bartosz... (n/t) on 14:03 - Sep 19 with 849 viewstrev1991

Bartosz... on 13:56 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Guarantee starting places to the Frimley massive do you?

[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 15:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024