Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51704 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:43 - Aug 24 with 1317 viewswkj

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:41 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

I hope you realise you have ruined a post that had great Benters bashing potential.

Is bashing the benter as satisfying as bashing the bishop?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:44 - Aug 24 with 1315 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:36 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

And that my friend has been why antisemitism has never been taken as seriously as any other type of racism.

In most examples of racism the victim is usually seen as inferior. The white supremacist sees himself by definition as superior to the black man. The Eastern Europeans are coming over here taking our jobs for less money. Again, the victim is inferior.

Whereas with antisemitism the victim is seen as somebody to be jealous of. They have more money than us. They control the media. They are more loyal to Israel who subjugate the Palestinians. It's much harder to feel sorry for the victims of antisemitism.

Also, people cannot get their heads around a left wing party being racist. Far easier to believe those on the right are racist. But the left are supposed to be morally better.

Had David Duke and Nick Griffin endorsed T May the outcry on here would have been deafening. It would have been proof positive that the Tories are racists.

Put the last three paragraphs together and apply it to the left and I think their is an inbuilt reluctance to accept it as true. Even though the proof is there.

Use Corbyn's comments about any other minority group and ask yourself "is that racist".
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:39]

What have I said on that post that you disagree with Dolly?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:45 - Aug 24 with 1305 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:41 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

I hope you realise you have ruined a post that had great Benters bashing potential.

Although had benters swapped the word Zionist for Muslim and repeated Corbyn's comments you'd have had plenty of material to bash him with.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:45 - Aug 24 with 1300 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:43 - Aug 24 by wkj

Is bashing the benter as satisfying as bashing the bishop?

Depends on the condition of your Bishop I presume.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:45 - Aug 24 with 1302 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:16 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I was bailing out of this because I'm aware that these these threads can go like a game of ping pong. Especially when Dolly is involved. But I want to be clear on this because you are debating with an open mind.

I refer you to what David Baddiel said: "But he brings into the frame factors of culture and nationality. Why? Why bring in how long they've lived here and their level of Englishness?

That is racist. And it's not one isolated incident.

You could, as somebody earlier said, that his comments were directed at one group of Zionists. Not all Zionists and not all Jews. Just the Zionists who were in the room and had upset him in some fashion.

But that means Corbyn told a group of Jews who he disagreed with that they weren't English enough. That is racism.

There is no context that can be used to defend what he said.

"Especially when Dolly is involved."

Thanks for the mention Glassers, in a thread that YOU turned to Corbyn and a thread that YOU are continuing to drag out despite saying you were leaving.

Unbelievable Jeff.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:46 - Aug 24 with 1300 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:21 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

Some of the interpretations and leaps of logic required to make this an example of anti-Semitism are a little bit too much of a stretch for me.

I can do no more than lay out the evidence in front of me.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 1280 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:45 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

Thanks for the mention Glassers, in a thread that YOU turned to Corbyn and a thread that YOU are continuing to drag out despite saying you were leaving.

Unbelievable Jeff.

I felt it polite to reply to Herbie and J2 who are at least attempting to debate rather than stick their heads in the sand. A debate with you is pointless and be both end up making the same point 20 times. They may not agree with my conclusions but you could learn from both of them on how to hold a civil debate.

Out of interest, do you believe the Jewish community has an ulterior motive for highlighting the instances of anti semitism within the labour party and it's leadership?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:50]

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:49 - Aug 24 with 1274 viewswkj

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:46 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Can we move this to the 'juxtaposition' thread please, there is a Freddo riding it

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:50 - Aug 24 with 1265 viewsHerbivore

And interpret it in a certain way, which is what you've done. You are equivocating Zionism with being Jewish for one, which is precisely what you've accused Corbyn and some of his supporters of doing in your previous accusations of anti-Semitism.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 1259 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:50 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

And interpret it in a certain way, which is what you've done. You are equivocating Zionism with being Jewish for one, which is precisely what you've accused Corbyn and some of his supporters of doing in your previous accusations of anti-Semitism.

Well he only thing that could help him is if the individuals came forward and it turned out that they weren’t Jewish after all and that Mr Corbyn knew that.

edit. But we know he isn't talking about anyone who is indigenous as he clearly states "and secondly, having lived in this country for a very long time, probably all their lives"
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 14:03]

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:53 - Aug 24 with 1259 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:20 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

This is a decent point GB. You've posted quite a few 'final definitive proof' style points and none of them have stuck. Not saying that proves you wrong but this is a reasonable forum. If there was clear proof available most on here would admit it. Much of it seems to be based on interpretation, differing on the meanings of words or creating new terms like 'soft anti-Semitism' or whatever the recent example was.

Again, not saying you're wrong but when most of the articles are based on jumping to conclusions and loose definitions you start to wonder what the motivation is.

The motivation is 'Defeat Corbyn/Labour at all costs.'

Glassers brand of politics disgusts me. He's not interested in what's best for the country. He's not interested in policies. I've said loads of times he only posts to attack Corbyn personally, never posts about policies. He could've easily rebuffed that and put something up about policies just to show that he has - but he's not interested.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:53 - Aug 24 with 1248 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:45 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Although had benters swapped the word Zionist for Muslim and repeated Corbyn's comments you'd have had plenty of material to bash him with.

How dare you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 1245 viewswkj

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:53 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

How dare you.

Indeed, Corbyn is basically the second coming of Christ.

Crybaby

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 1244 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:53 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

The motivation is 'Defeat Corbyn/Labour at all costs.'

Glassers brand of politics disgusts me. He's not interested in what's best for the country. He's not interested in policies. I've said loads of times he only posts to attack Corbyn personally, never posts about policies. He could've easily rebuffed that and put something up about policies just to show that he has - but he's not interested.

Having explained my family circumstances to you Dolly I find it very insulting that you question my motives with regards to this subject.

ANyway, I promised AI would have a game of tennis with you on this. So I'll bid you good day.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:55 - Aug 24 with 1233 viewsZedRodgers

Haha

No, not at the moment

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:55 - Aug 24 with 1233 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:45 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

Unbelievable Jeff.

I wouldn't rise to it if I were you Dolly. I think it's apparent to everyone that Glassers main operating method is to do exactly the kind of thing he is quick to call other posters out for.

Which is a shame, as it distracts from his legitimate concerns and points.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:57 - Aug 24 with 1222 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:54 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Having explained my family circumstances to you Dolly I find it very insulting that you question my motives with regards to this subject.

ANyway, I promised AI would have a game of tennis with you on this. So I'll bid you good day.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:58 - Aug 24 with 1221 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:48 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I felt it polite to reply to Herbie and J2 who are at least attempting to debate rather than stick their heads in the sand. A debate with you is pointless and be both end up making the same point 20 times. They may not agree with my conclusions but you could learn from both of them on how to hold a civil debate.

Out of interest, do you believe the Jewish community has an ulterior motive for highlighting the instances of anti semitism within the labour party and it's leadership?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:50]

How have my views and debating style in this thread been any different to their's?

You don't like me debating with you because I robustly challenge you.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:01 - Aug 24 with 1205 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:54 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

What about all the other Corbyn attacks that aren't to do with anti-semitism?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:02 - Aug 24 with 1202 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:55 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

I wouldn't rise to it if I were you Dolly. I think it's apparent to everyone that Glassers main operating method is to do exactly the kind of thing he is quick to call other posters out for.

Which is a shame, as it distracts from his legitimate concerns and points.

No. It's because Dolly and I add another unnecessary ten pages to any thread with our "I'm right/ No I'm right/ No I'm right"

If I cut that out by not debating him a better conversation and thread develops.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 1189 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:52 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Well he only thing that could help him is if the individuals came forward and it turned out that they weren’t Jewish after all and that Mr Corbyn knew that.

edit. But we know he isn't talking about anyone who is indigenous as he clearly states "and secondly, having lived in this country for a very long time, probably all their lives"
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 14:03]

So are you admitting here that you don't know if the people Corbyn was talking about are Jewish, yet you're declaring it's anti-semitism?!?

Righto.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 1184 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:02 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

No. It's because Dolly and I add another unnecessary ten pages to any thread with our "I'm right/ No I'm right/ No I'm right"

If I cut that out by not debating him a better conversation and thread develops.

You must be 40 - 0 down by now. Get out on the court man!

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:04 - Aug 24 with 1174 viewseireblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:36 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

And that my friend has been why antisemitism has never been taken as seriously as any other type of racism.

In most examples of racism the victim is usually seen as inferior. The white supremacist sees himself by definition as superior to the black man. The Eastern Europeans are coming over here taking our jobs for less money. Again, the victim is inferior.

Whereas with antisemitism the victim is seen as somebody to be jealous of. They have more money than us. They control the media. They are more loyal to Israel who subjugate the Palestinians. It's much harder to feel sorry for the victims of antisemitism.

Also, people cannot get their heads around a left wing party being racist. Far easier to believe those on the right are racist. But the left are supposed to be morally better.

Had David Duke and Nick Griffin endorsed T May the outcry on here would have been deafening. It would have been proof positive that the Tories are racists.

Put the last three paragraphs together and apply it to the left and I think their is an inbuilt reluctance to accept it as true. Even though the proof is there.

Use Corbyn's comments about any other minority group and ask yourself "is that racist".
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:39]

Does racism have a good definition?

I think you have mentioned it is the target of the racism that should define if a comment is racist, offensive etc.

Someone may find something offensive, humorous, or the language suitable loose, to be racist.

I once used the term "Brits" and was taken to task by a poster. I apologised and edited my post.
The B word has been used by others, but said poster must have missed those.
Maybe I should be offended, since other people can use the B word, and as was pointed out in this instance, I was a person of Irishness using the B word.
Hmmm..

Anyhoo back to the main topic,
If someone falls foul of a recipients view on what is acceptable, does that necessarily make the perpetrator racist or his comment racist, or a even a third party that thinks the original comment is okay, racist?

Should that question be a simple yes or no answer?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 14:07]
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:04 - Aug 24 with 1180 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:57 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

Haha. I genuinely LOLLED at that.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:20 - Aug 24 with 1125 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:03 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

You must be 40 - 0 down by now. Get out on the court man!

I'm only 40 -0 down if there is no problem with antisemitism in the Labour party, Jezza hasn't shared a platform with terrorists and lied about attending events organised by a self proclaimed Holocaust denier.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024