Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51722 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:38 - Aug 24 with 2907 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:26 - Aug 24 by lowhouseblue

so why did he need to specify they've lived in this country all of their lives?

every time i disagree with you on here should i start my post: 'while you've lived in this country all of your life, you're ....'

so why did he need to say that?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 15:27]

Because he was talking about someone not getting British irony. It's not difficult lowhouse.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:40 - Aug 24 with 2907 viewseireblue

Back slightly to the OP.

I remember a report about the fear of gun crime, probably from an American show.

Fear of gun crime had gone up considerably. Also, fear of certain types of potentially perpetrators had gone up.

In the city that the documentary was about, gun crime had dramatically decreased.

However this meant news outlets had to make more of an effort to portray crime dramatically, in order to compete with other news outlets.

The losers of course are the many more people leaving in fear, un-necessarily. And the results of people being fearful or in a fearful environment in their day today lives.

Being worried, Benters, is not in of itself racist, just a bit well, snowflakey.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:45 - Aug 24 with 2908 viewsRyorry

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:03 - Aug 24 by connorscontract

The money was ring-fenced and just sat in bank accounts earning negligible interest for years, only being allowed to be spent on repairing Council Houses, not building new ones.

That was the heart of what was wrong with the policy. Thatcher forced the sale of these assets that belonged to society, but didn't allow the capital to be re-invested to create more social benefit.

One of her worst policies, in my opinion, whereas encouraging Right-to-Buy but allowing the capital to be re-invested in new housing stock would have been a policy which would have reaped benefits for generations.

Cripes, never expected a reply to my question!

Knew about the lack of re-investment, but not about the ring-fencing - cheers.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:45 - Aug 24 with 2902 viewsfooters

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:40 - Aug 24 by eireblue

Back slightly to the OP.

I remember a report about the fear of gun crime, probably from an American show.

Fear of gun crime had gone up considerably. Also, fear of certain types of potentially perpetrators had gone up.

In the city that the documentary was about, gun crime had dramatically decreased.

However this meant news outlets had to make more of an effort to portray crime dramatically, in order to compete with other news outlets.

The losers of course are the many more people leaving in fear, un-necessarily. And the results of people being fearful or in a fearful environment in their day today lives.

Being worried, Benters, is not in of itself racist, just a bit well, snowflakey.

There must be some sort of graph 'Worriedness of white, older people who live in rural locations vs Actual exposure to and experience of multiculturalism'.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:50 - Aug 24 with 2889 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:45 - Aug 24 by footers

There must be some sort of graph 'Worriedness of white, older people who live in rural locations vs Actual exposure to and experience of multiculturalism'.

Where W = Worriedness Level, E= Time exposed to foreigners and R = Racism Level then:

W-E = R

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:51 - Aug 24 with 2890 viewslowhouseblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:38 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

Because he was talking about someone not getting British irony. It's not difficult lowhouse.

so you're saying this was an individual who corbyn knew, and he knew the guy's life story, and he wanted to say that this individual didn't understand irony. so rather than saying 'nathaniel just doesn't get irony' he used his knowledge of the guy's life story and said 'despite living here all of his life nathaniel doesn't get british irony'.

and you don't see anything wrong in that. oh come on. i see no ships.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:52 - Aug 24 with 2868 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:51 - Aug 24 by lowhouseblue

so you're saying this was an individual who corbyn knew, and he knew the guy's life story, and he wanted to say that this individual didn't understand irony. so rather than saying 'nathaniel just doesn't get irony' he used his knowledge of the guy's life story and said 'despite living here all of his life nathaniel doesn't get british irony'.

Far cough.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:55 - Aug 24 with 2876 viewsRyorry

Isn't that a bit WorriedWhiteOlderRurals-ist? #confused ^strokes chin^

Login to get fewer ads

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 2868 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:55 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Some of my best friends are Worried White Older Ruralists.

I need new friends.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:59 - Aug 24 with 2867 viewsfooters

#Don't worry, be happy.#

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 16:04 - Aug 24 with 2839 viewseireblue

Not if the graph is created as a statistical normal distribution curve.

It would probably have quite a skew on it.

Benters will be on the other side of the curve to you, you know the side I mean, where the snowflakes settle and accumulate together into drifts.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 16:06 - Aug 24 with 2834 viewsZedRodgers

Yes - It would look something like this.

No, not at the moment

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 16:12 - Aug 24 with 2831 viewsfooters

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 16:06 - Aug 24 by ZedRodgers

Yes - It would look something like this.

Glad to see my beautiful Lowestoft represented there. Don't ever change.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 17:47 - Aug 24 with 2770 viewsimsureazzure

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:26 - Aug 24 by SpruceMoose

It's strange that so many on the right pretend to care about these developing countries to score a point. One of the best things we could do for developing countries incidentally is to actually attempt to halt climate change, something which those on the right tend to be loathe to do.

Anyhow, why would you deny them their individuality? Their right to self determination? I thought the right was all about looking after yourself, the strong individual etc. You would deny them the right to improve their lives?

The 'we know best for your country' attitude should have died out decades a go.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 15:33]

Certainly to score a point and a salient one at that.

I would not deny skilled immigrants the chance to come to Britain to build a better life.

Big business and capitalism loves immigration, the reason behind that is the fact that companies employ skilled tradesmen from abroad and pay them less than the going rate, where are the unions on that? Some have failed as a business Carillion being one.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:26 - Aug 24 with 2718 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:51 - Aug 24 by lowhouseblue

Blimey!! Even Monbiot has turned on him. And he is one of the biggest cheerleaders for Corbyn.

I promise not to post on this subject again for some time. It is up to those who are still defending antisemitism to live with their conscience. When this all unravels, which I have no doubt it will, I hope each of the apologists will be big enough to put their hands up and admit that they have been defending the indefensible. That they have been defending racism when evidence of racism was produced. And I hope those apologists won't have the hypocrisy to call out other people about any other form of racism. Because if they do I shall remind them of how they threw the Jews under the bus and looked the other way.

Have a great weekend all and let's hope we are three points better off this time tomorrow.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 19:28]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:33 - Aug 24 with 2705 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:26 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Blimey!! Even Monbiot has turned on him. And he is one of the biggest cheerleaders for Corbyn.

I promise not to post on this subject again for some time. It is up to those who are still defending antisemitism to live with their conscience. When this all unravels, which I have no doubt it will, I hope each of the apologists will be big enough to put their hands up and admit that they have been defending the indefensible. That they have been defending racism when evidence of racism was produced. And I hope those apologists won't have the hypocrisy to call out other people about any other form of racism. Because if they do I shall remind them of how they threw the Jews under the bus and looked the other way.

Have a great weekend all and let's hope we are three points better off this time tomorrow.

What a self important pompous #### you are at times!
Can you expand on "some time"?

......and blessed are the Glaswegians!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 19:37]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:43 - Aug 24 with 2676 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:33 - Aug 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

What a self important pompous #### you are at times!
Can you expand on "some time"?

......and blessed are the Glaswegians!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 19:37]

He's not interested in debate. He just puts people on ignore who challenge him.

I think he's finally lost the plot now. Suggesting a new holocaust could happen if Corbyn got into power is beyond the pale.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:49 - Aug 24 with 2666 viewsfooters

"I promise not to post on this subject again for some time." - Thank fck for that.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:49 - Aug 24 with 2664 viewsNthsuffolkblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:32 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Back to my original question then. Had Corbyn made those comments about any other minority group he'd be called out as a racist. If Boris had said that about British born Muslims he;d have been hammered for it and quite rightly so.

I'll leave you to ponder over how a selection of Jewish people feel about the comments.

When you have read their comments please point out where they are wrong and ask yourself how can you defend racist comments.

That's all I am going to say on the subject for a few days because I am appalled that there are people defending racism. I'm out.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:33]

Not sure whether 5 pages later after you have said you will be off for a few days and you are now online you will trawl through and read this but here we are:

These comments are a reaction to the out-of-context partial quotes the media reported. As I pointed out to you what you originally shared showed they were about a specific group of Zionists and, as I commented previously that needs some context. That doesn't mean what he said was or wasn't acceptable but it is clear these reactions are to something only partially quoted and out of context.

There is clearly an orchestrated campaign to discredit Corbyn. It is clear sections of the media and part of his own party are involved in it.

Back to my original point, there is a nasty form of anti-Semitism where people are anti-Jewish. However, there are examples of where simple criticism of Israel's actions in Palestine are taken as anti-Semitic.

There is much about Corbyn and his reluctance to criticise certain individuals I dislike.

I am most certainly not defending racism. I find it abhorrent in all its forms. However, I find hiding behind it in order to close down debate and score cheap political points equally abhorrent.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 20:16 - Aug 24 with 2620 viewsHerbivore

You really don't do yourself any favours sometimes, this is just pure pomposity.

And I do find it odd that you and others think he should have heeded Chakrabarti's guideline on references to Zionism..........some three years before she produced her report. Not only is Corbyn a racist, he can't even see into the future!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:04 - Aug 24 with 2559 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 20:16 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

You really don't do yourself any favours sometimes, this is just pure pomposity.

And I do find it odd that you and others think he should have heeded Chakrabarti's guideline on references to Zionism..........some three years before she produced her report. Not only is Corbyn a racist, he can't even see into the future!

I see Glasser's boyfriend is downarrowing everything that remotely disagrees with him. it's quite sweet.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:08 - Aug 24 with 2559 viewslowhouseblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:04 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

I see Glasser's boyfriend is downarrowing everything that remotely disagrees with him. it's quite sweet.

jeez, you're a pathetic man child. you're in your 40s and you post stuff like that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:10 - Aug 24 with 2550 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:08 - Aug 24 by lowhouseblue

jeez, you're a pathetic man child. you're in your 40s and you post stuff like that.

Aww, raw nerve? Thinking of you x

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 23:29 - Aug 24 with 2489 viewsGodzilla

If we all really try we can probably get along nicely

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 02:01 - Aug 25 with 2429 viewsRyorry

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:04 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

Yet you're the one who said this (p.10 in reply to GB) -

"How have my views and debating style in this thread been any different to their's?*
You don't like me debating with you because I robustly challenge you."

(*ie Herbivore & J2).

You weaken your own argument with such silly comments as the two above on this page. And please don't tell me "it was only bantz"
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 2:03]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024