Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football firm 14:02 - Aug 22 with 45413 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Have Ipswich ever had a reputable football firm? what was it called? when were they about?

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Football firm on 21:56 - Oct 9 with 2074 viewsCoastalblue

Football firm on 20:24 - Oct 9 by noggin

Bristol a few weeks before we won the 2nd Div under Lyle was a bit noisy.

My then missus didn't speak to me for about a week after that trip. I've never been into that stuff at all, but have at times found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I arrived home with some telling bruises after that one.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Football firm on 23:07 - Oct 9 with 1989 viewsPlums

Football firm on 16:26 - Aug 22 by shoopdelang

Ipswich certainly have a casual element. Majority of fans I see at Ipswich and a lot of clubs though seem like divs. Football shirts, face paint all that nonsense. ( wearing replica kit and face paint only acceptable for children in my opinion )

You’ve clearly never been to Germany. A trip over there changed my mind on wearing colours and what being a fan means.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Football firm on 23:23 - Oct 9 with 1975 viewsgainsboroughblue

Football firm on 16:33 - Oct 9 by Futurist8283

You;re right, they were a big group of 100-150 but the season they were active was 85/86 and especially 86/87. After a fairly big riot at PR against Portsmouth's 657 crew in February 87, a lot of the Spanners were jailed or given community service, the trial was September 87. There was also a big fight at Cambridge in the League Cup in October 86.

There was also the IVG around the same time and after 87-89. Smaller and less well known group which was one that emerged out of the Spanners. I dont know what the initials stood for but it was known around town

Never heard of the IVG. There was the I.P.S that emerged late 80's, early 90's.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football firm on 23:24 - Oct 9 with 1976 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Football firm on 08:29 - Oct 10 with 1851 viewssolemio

Unless you were a Luton fan at the famous Millwall game at Kenilworth Road you don't know what bovver was.
Football firm on 08:35 - Oct 10 with 1840 viewsjeera

Football firm on 08:29 - Oct 10 by solemio

Unless you were a Luton fan at the famous Millwall game at Kenilworth Road you don't know what bovver was.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Football firm on 08:53 - Oct 10 with 1812 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Football firm on 10:18 - Oct 10 with 1719 viewsColin_Viljoen

Football firm on 08:29 - Oct 10 by solemio

Yeah I remember my Chantry mate Andy W getting bit by a police dog at Luton, he turned round to remonstrate & was arrested!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024