Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu 07:58 - Aug 15 with 3813 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh we did. Thankfully the board ignored the flouncers and let the man get on with rebuilding the club after a period of stagnation.

The majority wanted change. The majority wanted a long term solution and not another quick fix.

Stay calm. Stay patient. And get behind your team and manager.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 7:59]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:00 - Aug 15 with 3386 viewsBenters2

Bravo !
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:07 - Aug 15 with 3360 viewsBlueAllOver

"Not another quick fix" - 9 New players
"Stay calm, Stay patient" - Like the Manager with his players do you mean?

By the way totally behind Paul Hurst and of course should be given plenty of time. Doesn't get over the fact its been a disappointing start to the season, and concerns over the level of change implemented so quickly.
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:10 - Aug 15 with 3336 viewsDubtractor

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:07 - Aug 15 by BlueAllOver

By the way totally behind Paul Hurst and of course should be given plenty of time. Doesn't get over the fact its been a disappointing start to the season, and concerns over the level of change implemented so quickly.

I'm pretty certain that Mick (like most managers) signed about 10 players a season too you know.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:14 - Aug 15 with 3302 viewsOsborneOneNil

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:07 - Aug 15 by BlueAllOver

Maybe we need to get the old guard out to move forward. Remove the negativity.
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:18 - Aug 15 with 3281 viewsGlasgowBlue

New “young” players. Players who will be at the club for the long term and not just for another pay day.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:24 - Aug 15 with 3255 viewsNo9

Remember Mr Ipswich had to be removed(& he was not alone) before things gor better
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:25 - Aug 15 with 3249 viewsAljoBlue

I think we have a manager with the drive and guts to possibly acheive something here but it will take time. With the amount of changes he has had to make, this season is about creating a team and avoiding relegation + 2 things I am still certain will be achieved.

Imagine in 25 years, after Hurst has achieved near miracles, people telling their kids or grandkids, "you won't believe it but after 3 games loads of our fans went into a panic induced meltdown and threw every toy out of the pram - 3 games"
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:26 - Aug 15 with 3238 viewsBlueAllOver

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:18 - Aug 15 by GlasgowBlue

New “young” players. Players who will be at the club for the long term and not just for another pay day.

You mean like Chabolah & Edun, long-term?

Meanwhile, young players like Dozzell, Nydam, Downes, Emmanuel, Kenlock & Morris wait in the wings.
Login to get fewer ads

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 11:41 - Aug 15 with 3138 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 08:26 - Aug 15 by BlueAllOver

You mean like Chabolah & Edun, long-term?

Meanwhile, young players like Dozzell, Nydam, Downes, Emmanuel, Kenlock & Morris wait in the wings.

2 loanees. Do you remember the days under Jewell when we had seven loanees in the match day squad with five of them in the starting line up?

I would prefer no loanees at all but I trust the manager enough to make a judgement on where our young team needs that extra quality that we simply can’t afford to buy.

The fact that after two league games and one cup game there are so many anti Hurst posts is a real concern. Especialy if this board is a reflection of our match day support.

The last thing we need is the crowd to get on his back so that he takes a more cautious approach.

Let him find his feet. Let the team find their feet and get to know each other. There are another 44 games to go.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 17:52 - Aug 15 with 3034 viewskpblues

In Bobby's early days a few in the Cobbold stand shouted "Robson out."
It was embarrassing & most supporters were disappointed in those who shouted.

At the next board meeting the Cobbolds added a new item : The Manager.
Bobby thought he was goner especially having argued with some star players.

John said on behalf of the board he would like to apologise to the manager for the behaviour of the fans last night. Next agenda item please.

Pure Class.

Now let's show the same class and get behind Paul on Saturday.

KP

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 17:57 - Aug 15 with 3019 viewsPJH

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 17:52 - Aug 15 by kpblues

In Bobby's early days a few in the Cobbold stand shouted "Robson out."
It was embarrassing & most supporters were disappointed in those who shouted.

At the next board meeting the Cobbolds added a new item : The Manager.
Bobby thought he was goner especially having argued with some star players.

John said on behalf of the board he would like to apologise to the manager for the behaviour of the fans last night. Next agenda item please.

Pure Class.

Now let's show the same class and get behind Paul on Saturday.

KP

Except that was not technically in his early days-he had been here two and a half years then.

I suppose as he was actually here for thirteen years then two and a half years is early days.
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 17:59 - Aug 15 with 3009 viewsmonytowbray

Imagine if I posted this, there would be a meltdown.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 18:02 - Aug 15 with 3001 viewsvapour_trail

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 17:59 - Aug 15 by monytowbray

No there wouldn’t.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 18:03 - Aug 15 with 2994 viewsSpruceMoose

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 17:59 - Aug 15 by monytowbray

Eh? You're taking the victim complex too far! If you posted this you'd be racking up the upvotes!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 18:09 - Aug 15 with 2975 viewsColin_Viljoen

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 18:03 - Aug 15 by SpruceMoose

Eh? You're taking the victim complex too far! If you posted this you'd be racking up the upvotes!

Is Callis allowed up votes??
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 00:11 - Aug 16 with 2810 viewsmonytowbray

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 18:02 - Aug 15 by vapour_trail

No there wouldn’t.

You’d be right in the mix. Telling me it’s mean to make sweeping statements about people on the board. Benters would probably ask me as captain superfan what he’s allowed to sing for the BANTZ too.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 07:36 - Aug 16 with 2735 viewstextbackup

I just hope too many haven’t gone crazy before the PH flag arrives and is unveiled at the Norwich Home game!

Or someone may try and burn it!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 07:38 - Aug 16 with 2723 viewsVic

I think we’re giving far too much attention to the few vocal but largely ignorant posters on here who are persistently writing negative posts in nearly every thread. If they are not ignorant they are either playing a character on here just to wind others up or are simply negative, fearful people who will squeal and worry about every thing.

We all know the risks, we all know it’s not the start we wanted. We all recognise this could go wrong ME himself said it was a plan with risks.

We probably all, apart from the most optimistic, entrepneurial of us, have our fears, but it’s way, way to early to be concluding which way it’s going to go.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 09:16 - Aug 16 with 2625 viewsbluewein

Your desire to make everything about you is slightly nauseating...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 09:23 - Aug 16 with 2606 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah but you'd have posted it in capital letters as a reverse flounce, compared the flouncers to Nazis, insisted there was a correlation between those moaning about PH and people who eat meat, whilst clumsily shoehorning in a racism angle.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 09:29 - Aug 16 with 2596 viewsMullet

One thing about Hurst is that he is not a "long term" manager. His resume is usually a turn around season, playoffs, his longest project if you will was fairly low down comparatively with a relatively high budget/size of club.

I'm frustrated with Evans and still feel he might be trying to achieve that, but without the backing. He proved me wrong slightly, but not totally by allowing more signings but then sold Garner, which makes me question exactly how much strategy has changed.

Having seen 2/3 games it's quite clear Hurst has got a few details wrong on field, and it's quite clear he hasn't got the players doing what he wants. Why that is remains a mystery with extreme fans bickering over whether it's the players or not.

It's not a good situation right now, but I also don't believe it's a lot like when SBR took over so find the comparison and time difficult to process. I don't like how Hurst came across, it seemed to expose him and his staff but I do think he has time now to fix it.

What is really unhelpful are the handfuls of people who right back into pro/anti binary thinking already being given too much credence.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 12:24 - Aug 16 with 2479 viewsBenters2

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 00:11 - Aug 16 by monytowbray

You’d be right in the mix. Telling me it’s mean to make sweeping statements about people on the board. Benters would probably ask me as captain superfan what he’s allowed to sing for the BANTZ too.

First job for you young Callis,what songs chants if you will,can be sung at the Nodge game?

Keeping in mind of course it will be like Numbskull central that Sunday.
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 14:09 - Aug 16 with 2384 viewsElephantintheRoom

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 09:29 - Aug 16 by Mullet

One thing about Hurst is that he is not a "long term" manager. His resume is usually a turn around season, playoffs, his longest project if you will was fairly low down comparatively with a relatively high budget/size of club.

I'm frustrated with Evans and still feel he might be trying to achieve that, but without the backing. He proved me wrong slightly, but not totally by allowing more signings but then sold Garner, which makes me question exactly how much strategy has changed.

Having seen 2/3 games it's quite clear Hurst has got a few details wrong on field, and it's quite clear he hasn't got the players doing what he wants. Why that is remains a mystery with extreme fans bickering over whether it's the players or not.

It's not a good situation right now, but I also don't believe it's a lot like when SBR took over so find the comparison and time difficult to process. I don't like how Hurst came across, it seemed to expose him and his staff but I do think he has time now to fix it.

What is really unhelpful are the handfuls of people who right back into pro/anti binary thinking already being given too much credence.

Its nothing like when Robson joined. He patiently built using what he already had. And trusted in youth. It took three years of excrutiatingly dull football before things improved markedly. That option was open to Hurst - there was actually the core of a good side.... goalie, central defence, strike force - all these were adequate. Dozzel and Bishop if fit..... It was Hurst's choice to throw everything into the mixer and that's why it's a little disturbing to here him whinge about players who barely know where they are let alone who their team mates are. The Hurst approach is not far removed from Roy Keane

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 2330 viewsPJH

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 14:09 - Aug 16 by ElephantintheRoom

Its nothing like when Robson joined. He patiently built using what he already had. And trusted in youth. It took three years of excrutiatingly dull football before things improved markedly. That option was open to Hurst - there was actually the core of a good side.... goalie, central defence, strike force - all these were adequate. Dozzel and Bishop if fit..... It was Hurst's choice to throw everything into the mixer and that's why it's a little disturbing to here him whinge about players who barely know where they are let alone who their team mates are. The Hurst approach is not far removed from Roy Keane

Various posters have tried to compare the arrival of PH with that of SBR but I can find nothing similar at all either in where we are/were as a club or the approaches of PH(so far) and SBR.
Nothing similar in their history as players or in their history as Managers prior to arrival at Portman Road.

SBR was also 7 years younger on his arrival here.

Apart from the above I suppose they are much the same.
I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 16:00 - Aug 16 with 2304 viewsMullet

I’m glad we never had fans like some of you when Sir Bobby started at this clu on 14:09 - Aug 16 by ElephantintheRoom

I think it's difficult to compare any manager to another, and perhaps even being specific about certain aspects or events is misleading.

I can see why you and others have mentioned Keane in terms of manner, and it was roundly supported by a few on here, but I would also counter that it's not consistent enough like RK's demeanour was.

Likewise the SBR situation as you say is often mischaracterised as being total football, even before the Dutch lads. Every old boy I've known growing up with says it simply wasn't so and you can see it on the video that exists too.

The choice element of the recruitment seems to be a little black and white for some too. I'd say Hurst started a bit of a domino effect, and we then saw quickly Webster wanted out and that clearly set a standard for Garner and Waghorn to decide their futures laid elsewhere.

I think "is fit" is telling too. PH can't be expected to wait for those boys to be fit and then expect them to come in, we've already started the season ill-prepared because the lag between Mick going and Hurst coming was too long to hit the ground running.

That's why there needs to be a middle ground between the revisionists and the uncertainty we currently find ourselves under.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024