Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Edun fit in all this? 07:22 - Aug 10 with 6473 viewsshefblue

Edun in is the only signing of the 9 that I don't really understand. On paper We have 3 other young England youth players with the same, if not more experience, vying for the same positions. I can only think he's been bought in to act as cover on the left of midfield, ready in case the likes of ward / Sears / roberts don't step up. Still seems a bit of a waste to me. Thoughts?
Where does Edun fit in all this? on 07:26 - Aug 10 with 4231 viewsHerbivore

Left midfield, left back, centre mid. He's versatile but then so is Nydam.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 07:29 - Aug 10 with 4217 viewswallyvincent

I think it was to cover LB in case Knudsen left. It’s certain going to be intriguing how Hurst develops this team, the midfield has real competition for places.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 07:32 - Aug 10 with 4206 viewstextbackup

Roberts (by all accounts) has been very poor so far, he’s the one I expect to see the least of

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 07:44 - Aug 10 with 4152 viewsPositivelyPortman

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 07:32 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Roberts (by all accounts) has been very poor so far, he’s the one I expect to see the least of

Christ, give the man a chance......

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 07:47 - Aug 10 with 4116 viewsBackToRussia

Edusn't

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:19 - Aug 10 with 4001 viewsitfcjoe

Yeah, he basically seems a slightly more advanced Nydam - which means I imagine Tristan will need to head out on loan which is a shame

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:25 - Aug 10 with 3984 viewsmaccyd9

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:19 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Yeah, he basically seems a slightly more advanced Nydam - which means I imagine Tristan will need to head out on loan which is a shame

I think Dozzer will be out on loan soon. Don't think he will be in the squad tomorrow.
Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:27 - Aug 10 with 3969 viewsZedRodgers

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 07:32 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Yeah he's been terrible all season hasn't he

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:29 - Aug 10 with 3944 viewsitfcjoe

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:27 - Aug 10 by ZedRodgers

Yeah he's been terrible all season hasn't he

He was poor throughout pre season in fairness

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:29 - Aug 10 with 3947 viewsitfcjoe

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:25 - Aug 10 by maccyd9

I think Dozzer will be out on loan soon. Don't think he will be in the squad tomorrow.

Wouldn't surprise me, but don't think that is a good move for us.

We need to be finding a way to get him in the team here

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:33 - Aug 10 with 3915 viewsHerbivore

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:29 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

Wouldn't surprise me, but don't think that is a good move for us.

We need to be finding a way to get him in the team here

I think Dozzer will stay, when everyone is fit I can see him and Huws rotating alongside Nolan (with Bishop covering Nolan) ahead of the sitting midfielder. It's good to have options in the middle of the park, I just think we clearly have 2 or 3 too many now. Nydam looked a baller at the end of last season so it's a shame he looks likely to be shipped out, but his opportunities here look limited this season so I don't see any other option if we want his development to continue.

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:36 - Aug 10 with 3893 viewstheinbetweener

Totally agree. I thought exactly the same as soon as he signed.

Really odd one to me. I don't want us to be progressing other teams players at the cost of developing our own. From what I understand (and seen), he is a carbon copy of Nydam.
Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:39 - Aug 10 with 3884 viewsmaccyd9

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:33 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

I think Dozzer will stay, when everyone is fit I can see him and Huws rotating alongside Nolan (with Bishop covering Nolan) ahead of the sitting midfielder. It's good to have options in the middle of the park, I just think we clearly have 2 or 3 too many now. Nydam looked a baller at the end of last season so it's a shame he looks likely to be shipped out, but his opportunities here look limited this season so I don't see any other option if we want his development to continue.

From what I've heard Hurst and even Jason agree that he's not physically ready. The work he's done while out has made him top heavy and his legs are not where they should be.

Heard this morning that he won't be in the squad tomorrow and coupled with Hurst's comments about getting lads out on loan, wouldn't be surprised to see him go out til January.

I'd expect Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam to go out fairly soon. Of course, I could be wrong and I'd love to see Dozzell get his fitness here but I just don't see him getting the game time needed.
Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:46 - Aug 10 with 3841 viewsHerbivore

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:39 - Aug 10 by maccyd9

From what I've heard Hurst and even Jason agree that he's not physically ready. The work he's done while out has made him top heavy and his legs are not where they should be.

Heard this morning that he won't be in the squad tomorrow and coupled with Hurst's comments about getting lads out on loan, wouldn't be surprised to see him go out til January.

I'd expect Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam to go out fairly soon. Of course, I could be wrong and I'd love to see Dozzell get his fitness here but I just don't see him getting the game time needed.

If his legs need strengthening then surely he needs to be here on a tailored strength and conditioning programme rather than being sent out on loan? I can understand all of the others going out but sending Dozzer out makes no sense to me.

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:52 - Aug 10 with 3813 viewsitfcjoe

I'd keep Bishop here as well as Dozzell - we have this new sports science and injury prevention team in so need to keep players that are fragile under our care.

I think Bishop could be special this season if he can get fit and we'll be wanting to tie him down soon.

A good issue to have lots of bodies - but I envisage Nydam and Downes being more likely to go out but we'll see. Adeyemi seems finished here so can't get rid of too many as need to keep 7 realistically

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:53 - Aug 10 with 3803 viewsReuser_is_God

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:25 - Aug 10 by maccyd9

He’s definitely not in the squad tomorrow.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:55 - Aug 10 with 3787 viewsBrixtonBlue

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:46 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

If his legs need strengthening then surely he needs to be here on a tailored strength and conditioning programme rather than being sent out on loan? I can understand all of the others going out but sending Dozzer out makes no sense to me.

Dozzer was the best player on the pitch v Wet Spam. He should be the first name on the team sheet if fit IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:57 - Aug 10 with 3777 viewsmaccyd9

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:46 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

It's not just the strength and conditioning etc, it's the rigours of first team football.

He didn't get on v Blackburn and isn't in the squad tomorrow. He needs 1st team football.
Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:59 - Aug 10 with 3772 viewsHerbivore

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:52 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

I'd keep Bishop here as well as Dozzell - we have this new sports science and injury prevention team in so need to keep players that are fragile under our care.

I think Bishop could be special this season if he can get fit and we'll be wanting to tie him down soon.

A good issue to have lots of bodies - but I envisage Nydam and Downes being more likely to go out but we'll see. Adeyemi seems finished here so can't get rid of too many as need to keep 7 realistically

For me, assuming we get players fit, then Bishop rotates with Nolan and you have Huws and Dozzell rotating in the other slot ahead of Chalobah or Skuse. I suspect Downes gets kept for his ability to cover in both the holding and box to box roles should we suffer a rash of injuries. Nydam will go out on loan, Edun will mainly play on the left, Adeyemi will get binned off.

Dozzers and Bishop HAVE to stay on 09:03 - Aug 10 with 3748 viewsDyland

I can see logic in Downes having another loan. I don't have an opinion either way on Nydam.

I don't care how good the others are, Doz and Bish are equal. Squads don't get their best players up to speed by loaning them out, they do it through their own club's recuperation and playing reserves, then subbed into first team.

The selling option is a different matter of course.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 09:05 - Aug 10 with 3729 viewsHerbivore

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:57 - Aug 10 by maccyd9

It's not just the strength and conditioning etc, it's the rigours of first team football.

He didn't get on v Blackburn and isn't in the squad tomorrow. He needs 1st team football.

Isn't it risky chucking him into first team football on loan, where we have limited control over his training, when you say there's a fairly fundamental issue with his legs not being strong enough? He's a serious injury waiting to happen in that scenario.

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 09:09 - Aug 10 with 3710 viewsBrixtonBlue

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 09:05 - Aug 10 by Herbivore

Isn't it risky chucking him into first team football on loan, where we have limited control over his training, when you say there's a fairly fundamental issue with his legs not being strong enough? He's a serious injury waiting to happen in that scenario.

Quite agree. That's another very good reason why he shouldn't be going out on loan. It's like giving a toddler your best china to play with.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 09:11 - Aug 10 with 3702 viewsDyland

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 09:09 - Aug 10 by BrixtonBlue

Quite agree. That's another very good reason why he shouldn't be going out on loan. It's like giving a toddler your best china to play with.

Indeed.

Terribly sh1te analogy though. Sort it out ffs :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 09:16 - Aug 10 with 3650 viewsSamWhiteUK

Where does Edun fit in all this? on 08:29 - Aug 10 by itfcjoe

He was poor throughout pre season in fairness

Thought he did ok coming on at MK Dons. Think you might be being a little harsh there Joe, let's start to pass judgment at least a FEW weeks in
Dozzers and Bishop HAVE to stay on 09:23 - Aug 10 with 3628 viewsbluefunk

Dozzers and Bishop HAVE to stay on 09:03 - Aug 10 by Dyland

I can see logic in Downes having another loan. I don't have an opinion either way on Nydam.

I don't care how good the others are, Doz and Bish are equal. Squads don't get their best players up to speed by loaning them out, they do it through their own club's recuperation and playing reserves, then subbed into first team.

The selling option is a different matter of course.

Except we don’t have a reserve team anymore. The U23s is not preparing anyone for regular first team football and remember Dozzell has never experienced regular first team football here (or anywhere).

He will be a talent but imo he does need to play regularly to become hardened to the experience rather than a player with obvious potential and nowhere to demonstrate his skill. He looks far too fragile to step into a regular Championship spot and his conditioning since that season out has obviously not yet prepared him for the way Hurst wants to play - if he isn’t going to challenge here currently (and he isn’t no matter how talented he is) then send him somewhere he can get first team minutes regularly. He then comes back ready and we get the benefit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024