Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 95201 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 15:11 - Jul 20 with 1487 viewswkj

Well, I think we all learned a valuable lesson here- Callis and Truce are both deathly afraid of not having the final word.

And they all lived happily ever after... in Burnley, where housing is dead cheap and we should all flock to.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More housing propaganda on 15:12 - Jul 20 with 1480 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

We get it, you own a house, other people don't, you're great. Time to wind it in again, I think.

You think I was the aggressor and the one trying to carry it on?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 15:13 - Jul 20 with 1478 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 15:11 - Jul 20 by NewcyBlue

I think what other people are trying to say is, yes it may be harder right now, but there have been, and will be, times when it will be easier.

It’s also a different market now compared to other times, different people have different circumstances, and deal with them differently.

You can’t address the “inequality” of the housing market without screwing over some people, and you won’t screw over the ones at the top, that’s for certain.

It’s supply and demand. I dare say you get paid more than a supermarket employee. How’s that fair, you had the “privilege” of going to university?

Maybe the job market should be fairer too?

A clumsy comparison no doubt, but I am tired and working too hard at the minute.

Yes, I did have the privilege of being able to go university.

It's really not a hard concept to grasp.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 15:13 - Jul 20 with 1476 viewsPhilTWTD

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

But until you try and make the sacrifices then it is hard to moan about it.

Callis clearly isn't that bothered about home ownership so sees it as a 'Nice to Have' in project terms whereas Libby had it as the key point of his life in the build up to it.

And for me it isn't about lacking sympathy for the young now, because I do have some - but it's much easier to have sympathy for people who are doing everything they can but having no luck rather than just seeing it as a pipe dream and making no effort to achieve it.

Anyone who has to go into rented accomodation will always struggle, but has that really changed? The rise in house prices have obviously been steep but is getting a deposit for a starter house - i.e. saving £15-20k got that much harder?

I would guess that it has changed in that you'd have needed a smaller deposit in the past as house prices were lower but wages haven't risen anything like commensurately.
More housing propaganda on 15:15 - Jul 20 with 1448 viewsfooters

More housing propaganda on 15:11 - Jul 20 by wkj

Well, I think we all learned a valuable lesson here- Callis and Truce are both deathly afraid of not having the final word.

And they all lived happily ever after... in Burnley, where housing is dead cheap and we should all flock to.

I don't think anyone's learnt anything tbf. Certainly wasted a lot of time. Myself included reading this tripe. Beats working though.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

More housing propaganda on 15:16 - Jul 20 with 1438 viewsPhilTWTD

More housing propaganda on 15:12 - Jul 20 by Bluefish

Not sure your 'I'm Alright Jack' tone will have you winning too many popularity contests.
More housing propaganda on 15:16 - Jul 20 with 1438 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 15:13 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

I would guess that it has changed in that you'd have needed a smaller deposit in the past as house prices were lower but wages haven't risen anything like commensurately.

This is very true. Plus when someone like Truce bought he could get a 100% mortgage, such products have only just come back on the market following the crash and come with all kind of strings that they didn't before. For a while after the crash 95% mortgages were very hard to come by too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More housing propaganda on 15:16 - Jul 20 with 1435 viewswkj

More housing propaganda on 15:15 - Jul 20 by footers

I don't think anyone's learnt anything tbf. Certainly wasted a lot of time. Myself included reading this tripe. Beats working though.

Aiye, it is the longest smoke break i've ever had

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 1427 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

We get it, you own a house, other people don't, you're great. Time to wind it in again, I think.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More housing propaganda on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 1426 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:16 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

Not sure your 'I'm Alright Jack' tone will have you winning too many popularity contests.

I thought you would be able to read that the tongue was firmly in cheek because I was bored of him constantly digging it up and demanding new answers. Maybe it wasn't obvious enough?

More housing propaganda on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 1426 viewsfooters

More housing propaganda on 15:16 - Jul 20 by wkj

Aiye, it is the longest smoke break i've ever had

Better get back to it, chap. Or else we'll never get a deposit saved up.

More housing propaganda on 15:18 - Jul 20 with 1423 viewsitfcjoe

More housing propaganda on 15:13 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

But I'm not convinced it is THAT much harder, you still have to make the same sacrifices but just for longer, and I'm not sure it is exponentially longer in my view

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More housing propaganda on 15:20 - Jul 20 with 1398 viewsfooters

More housing propaganda on 15:17 - Jul 20 by footers

Better get back to it, chap. Or else we'll never get a deposit saved up.

Actually, that makes it sound like we're moving in together. Scratch that. You're a lovely bloke, wkj, but I need my space, OK?

More housing propaganda on 15:20 - Jul 20 with 1384 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:20 - Jul 20 by footers

Actually, that makes it sound like we're moving in together. Scratch that. You're a lovely bloke, wkj, but I need my space, OK?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More housing propaganda on 15:21 - Jul 20 with 1379 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:17 - Jul 20 by Bluefish

I thought you would be able to read that the tongue was firmly in cheek because I was bored of him constantly digging it up and demanding new answers. Maybe it wasn't obvious enough?

Just so you don't tell me off again Phil indidnt mean it when I said I wiped my tears with 50s either......They were 20s I'm not that rich

Sorry

More housing propaganda on 15:21 - Jul 20 with 1378 viewsSpruceMoose

I go away for two weeks and you change your username? What the fook?!

More housing propaganda on 15:22 - Jul 20 with 1373 viewswkj

Being rejected by A-listers on this board is part and parcel of my life, time to find a new friend :(

More housing propaganda on 15:23 - Jul 20 with 1358 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 15:18 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

But I'm not convinced it is THAT much harder, you still have to make the same sacrifices but just for longer, and I'm not sure it is exponentially longer in my view

Without wanting to go over old ground, your circumstances meant you could live at home and save and you've acknowledged how hard it would be if renting. It'd take you longer living at home now to get the same % deposit than it would have done 10 years ago, if you were renting that additional time would be multiplied significantly especially as rents have also increased a fair bit over the last decade too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More housing propaganda on 15:24 - Jul 20 with 1354 viewsfooters

More housing propaganda on 15:21 - Jul 20 by SpruceMoose

I go away for two weeks and you change your username? What the fook?!

Told you I was re-branding, didn't I? I think it's more dynamic, fit for purpose in the tablet age. But don't worry, I'm still the same underneath, and this you surely knew.

More housing propaganda on 15:24 - Jul 20 with 1337 viewsgiant_stow

The cost of everything else has gone up too - ie rent, utlities, food, transport - people just have less ready cash. Stands to reason that saving for a deposit has got harder too.

Once again, I'm not saying that previous buyers had it easy - just that its harder now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More housing propaganda on 15:24 - Jul 20 with 1338 viewsPhilTWTD

I think the collapse in home ownership among millennials indicates it has become significantly harder (assuming there's not been an across the board decision that they'd all prefer to live with their mums and dads!). This was the first article to come up when I searched for some evidence to back that up.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/feb/16/homeownership-among-young-adults-c
More housing propaganda on 15:25 - Jul 20 with 1323 viewsfooters

More housing propaganda on 15:22 - Jul 20 by wkj

Being rejected by A-listers on this board is part and parcel of my life, time to find a new friend :(

I'm no A-lister. More the type that appears on Loose Women every now and again.

More housing propaganda on 15:25 - Jul 20 with 1322 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:24 - Jul 20 by footers

Told you I was re-branding, didn't I? I think it's more dynamic, fit for purpose in the tablet age. But don't worry, I'm still the same underneath, and this you surely knew.

This is like Marathon/Snickers all over again.

I will be studying you carefully over the coming weeks to ensure the recipe has not been altered. Fewer nuts, etc.

More housing propaganda on 15:27 - Jul 20 with 1309 viewswkj

More housing propaganda on 15:25 - Jul 20 by footers

I'm no A-lister. More the type that appears on Loose Women every now and again.

Are you Jordan? if so, I have no standards and know how to whatsapp - pm me hun

More housing propaganda on 15:27 - Jul 20 with 1308 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:12 - Jul 20 by Bluefish

Don't be modest! You didn't just try, you achieved it! #winning

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024