Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil 17:07 - May 8 with 26772 viewsDanFord

I'll start. Mediums, Psychic and Clairvoyants absolutely infuriate me. People that pretend to get messages from the dead in order to sell tickets to people that are grieving are literally the lowest of the low. Not only do they seem to pack out pubs at £10 a ticket but have seen some liked on Facebook where you pay £3 per text message to get some generic nonsense after you've given them all your information. So I checked out a few of the people who'd paid for this service or paid to get responses to their posts on Facebook. Turns out Janet (we'll call her) has posted publically that (using a made up example that's essentially the same) her dad had died last month, that he was suffering from cancer, that he was a Wigan fan and that she'd taken in his dog. This psychic responded to say her dad was at peace now and not in pain, he missed her and the dog but Wigan's promotion made him smile. Basically nothing in the responses wasn't on Facebook. I don't know how these people can genuinely sleep at night, making up a load of rubbish to make money off peoples suffering and desperation. Plenty of comedians have destroyed them. We are supposed to believe that Dave has died and wants to speak to his wife but has the hump so will only give the initial D FFS!
[Post edited 8 May 2018 17:09]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 17:12 - May 8 with 9170 viewsSpruceMoose

Practitioners of Alternative Medicine. Nutritionists. Ad men. Tory politicians.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 17:13 - May 8 with 9165 viewsSwansea_Blue

Haematologists get my blood flowing

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 17:13 - May 8 with 9162 viewsKeno

I knew a girl who claimed to be a medium

She was a fraud she was easily a large if not extra large

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 17:14 - May 8 with 9154 viewsJohnny_Boy

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 17:12 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Practitioners of Alternative Medicine. Nutritionists. Ad men. Tory politicians.

Haribo pushers
Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 17:15 - May 8 with 9160 viewsDanFord

I should add that about 6 weeks ago I saw one of the ones in Ipswich advertised genuinely as 'Cancelled Due To Unforeseen Events'. I kid you not. It was saying it would be rearranged and tickets would be honoured. Would you seriously want to return to see a Psychic who couldn't see this cancellation coming!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 18:03 - May 8 with 9071 viewsIllinoisblue

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 17:15 - May 8 by DanFord

I should add that about 6 weeks ago I saw one of the ones in Ipswich advertised genuinely as 'Cancelled Due To Unforeseen Events'. I kid you not. It was saying it would be rearranged and tickets would be honoured. Would you seriously want to return to see a Psychic who couldn't see this cancellation coming!

Bob Monkhouse called. He's disappointed in you.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 18:22 - May 8 with 9042 viewsWonky

Here's a proper medium.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 18:25]
Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 18:54 - May 8 with 8989 viewsWeirdFishes

I’m getting the word...

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:07 - May 8 with 8954 viewsBurwell_Blue

Estate agents. A job for failures.
Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:10 - May 8 with 8947 viewsReuser_is_God

Acoustic Engineers

Lie after lie after lie

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:13 - May 8 with 8928 viewsMickMacTerry

Professional fishermen - they can’t live off their net income.

Poll: Keep Mick or a loss at Norwich?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:21 - May 8 with 8901 viewsLord_Lucan

Clairvoyants are a big bug of mine as my daft mother in law used to swallow all the rubbish. She used to go to The Regent gigs and before the start in the foyer someone would come round and collect slips of paper that the audience had filled out.

"Who are you trying to contact", "What was the relationship", "What did he / she like" etc etc.

This country!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:22 - May 8 with 8896 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

I am with you on this. The worst one is Psychic Sally she's made a fortune from wearing an earpiece and yet still people go to see her

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:43 - May 8 with 8831 viewsDeano69

Jamie Oliver.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:48 - May 8 with 8823 viewsLord_Lucan

Social media influencers

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:49 - May 8 with 8823 viewsTrequartista

Poorly trained driving instructors really grind my gears

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:51 - May 8 with 8818 viewsDeano69

Is there a Jean, Jenny, Benny, Barry... yes that’s me....ooh incredible.

My theory is the a synonym of Medium is average. If you ‘play’ the averages you are bound to get something right.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 19:56 - May 8 with 8803 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Over zealous parking attendants anyone?
Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:09 - May 8 with 8780 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Brassiere manufacturers get on my tits.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:11 - May 8 with 8768 viewshampstead_blue

Coppers. They ruin all the fun!

Apart from that, those cwats who issue parking tickets.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:17 - May 8 with 8753 viewsJ2BLUE

Recruitment consultants

"Hello, is that James?"
"Yes"
"Hi James, my name is XXXXXXX calling from XXXXXXX. I've seen your CV on Reed and have an opportunity I think you may be interested in"
"oh ok, brilliant"
"It's a local company and the job is in finance"
"That sounds great, can you tell me a bit more about the job please?"
"It's a great company to work for"
"That's good, what does the job entail?"
"It's a great company to work for, they are the leaders in their field"
"Right...and the job?"
"The company offers free tea and coffee for employees"
"er...ok...what is the salary?"
"Competitive"
"What's competitive?"
"Competitive for the industry"
"Yes, sorry I meant what is the salary amount?"
"Very competitive"
"Can you please tell me the salary in pounds?"
*annoyed sigh* "£14,000"
"...£14,000?!?! That's well below my minimum salary setting on Reed...what is the job?"
"It's a job in the finance industry"
"It's a call centre isn't it?"
"It's dealing with customer accounts in a finance setting"
"Over the phone though right? Outbound calling?"
*annoyed sigh* "Yes"

Never a straight answer. Despise agencies.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:19 - May 8 with 8739 viewsSpruceMoose

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:17 - May 8 by J2BLUE

Recruitment consultants

"Hello, is that James?"
"Yes"
"Hi James, my name is XXXXXXX calling from XXXXXXX. I've seen your CV on Reed and have an opportunity I think you may be interested in"
"oh ok, brilliant"
"Right...and the job?"
"Competitive"
"What's competitive?"
"Very competitive"
*annoyed sigh* "£14,000"
"...£14,000?!?! That's well below my minimum salary setting on Reed...what is the job?"
*annoyed sigh* "Yes"

Did you take full advantage of the free tea though?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:20 - May 8 with 8732 viewsDanTheMan

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:17 - May 8 by J2BLUE

Recruitment consultants

"Hello, is that James?"
"Yes"
"oh ok, brilliant"
"Right...and the job?"
"Competitive"
"What's competitive?"
"Very competitive"
*annoyed sigh* "£14,000"
*annoyed sigh* "Yes"

I've gotten very good now at recognising from the BS description exactly which company it is they are talking about.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:20 - May 8 with 8728 viewsJ2BLUE

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:19 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Did you take full advantage of the free tea though?

i would have smashed into that free tea like a thirsty camel in the Saharan desert.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:21 - May 8 with 8724 viewsSpruceMoose

Occupations that genuinely make your blood boil on 20:20 - May 8 by J2BLUE

i would have smashed into that free tea like a thirsty camel in the Saharan desert.

It was probably free, but sadly you were banned from leaving your desk for more than thirty seconds at a time.

Anyhow,

Did you know, tea is actually poisonous to camels?
[Post edited 8 May 2018 20:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024