Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Waghorn 09:24 - Apr 30 with 5926 viewschicoazul

the best signing the club have made since Mings? And has he had the best debut season since, well, who knows? Cresswell maybe?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is Waghorn on 09:29 - Apr 30 with 5390 viewsfloridaboy

My choice for POTY. Is certainly a really good all round striker. Folami, Morris and Dinian will all learn from him
Is Waghorn on 09:31 - Apr 30 with 5367 viewschicoazul

Is Waghorn on 09:29 - Apr 30 by floridaboy

My choice for POTY. Is certainly a really good all round striker. Folami, Morris and Dinian will all learn from him

15 goals, 10 assists! And not even been first choice all the time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Is Waghorn on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 5354 viewsKieran_Knows

Is Waghorn on 09:29 - Apr 30 by floridaboy

As I said yesterday, it's absolutely beyond me how he didn't win POTY.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is Waghorn on 09:34 - Apr 30 with 5346 viewsKieran_Knows

Is Waghorn on 09:31 - Apr 30 by chicoazul

15 goals, 10 assists! And not even been first choice all the time.

Played out of position for large parts as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is Waghorn on 09:34 - Apr 30 with 5353 viewschicoazul

Is Waghorn on 09:32 - Apr 30 by Kieran_Knows

His recent run of form is very recent. Big chunk of games in the middle season when he didnt score, didnt play, was played out of position.

Is Waghorn on 09:41 - Apr 30 with 5318 viewsGuthrum

Is Waghorn on 09:34 - Apr 30 by chicoazul

His recent run of form is very recent. Big chunk of games in the middle season when he didnt score, didnt play, was played out of position.

This is precisely it. For reasons beyond his personal control.

Plus even when playing in the right position, he got very little in the way of decent supply. Too often he would only receive the ball fairly deep and facing the wrong way, leaving far too much to do in order to manufacture a decent chance. Waghorn is far too conscientious to just goal-hang, twiddle his thumbs and rant at his teammates when the ball isn't laid at his feet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is Waghorn on 09:43 - Apr 30 with 5304 viewschicoazul

Is Waghorn on 09:41 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

This is precisely it. For reasons beyond his personal control.

Plus even when playing in the right position, he got very little in the way of decent supply. Too often he would only receive the ball fairly deep and facing the wrong way, leaving far too much to do in order to manufacture a decent chance. Waghorn is far too conscientious to just goal-hang, twiddle his thumbs and rant at his teammates when the ball isn't laid at his feet.

Feels like youre throwing shade at my boy Pitman here.

Is Waghorn on 09:44 - Apr 30 with 5300 viewsElderGrizzly

The only thing i can think of is the goal drought? I voted for him, but Bart always gets the headlines
Login to get fewer ads

Is Waghorn on 09:51 - Apr 30 with 5268 viewshomer_123

Is Waghorn on 09:34 - Apr 30 by Kieran_Knows

Played out of position for large parts as well.

Actually, he really hasn't been.

He's equally comfortable playing wide or through the middle. He's played in both positions for Rangers and for us.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is Waghorn on 09:58 - Apr 30 with 5236 viewsSitfcB

Because everyone has blind love for Bart.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is Waghorn on 10:00 - Apr 30 with 5222 viewsStenvict

Mings was only a good signing because we made a huge profit on him. Waghorn is different, he has contributed a lot this season. I wouldn't say he's been played out of position, but over the last couple of months he has been up top on his own. I certainly think he should be POTY.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Is Waghorn on 10:11 - Apr 30 with 5173 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Was Mings even that good? He wan't bad, but wasn't cresswell. Bournemouth definitely overpaid.

Bart is our best signing in recent time imo.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Is Waghorn on 10:20 - Apr 30 with 5137 viewsSteve_M

We actually signed Mings back in late-2012 didn't we? So actually before McGoldrick, Murphy, Skuse and Berra.

In terms of immediate impact from permanent signings (albeit two had been on loan previously) then all four of those were impressive. After a few months we were saying similar about Sears. In contrast Bart was more of a slow burner, only really reaching his current level after 18 months.

That's not to diminish Waghorn, before last Summer we hadn't signed that calibre of player for a too long and it showed in the decline of MM's team.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is Waghorn on 10:28 - Apr 30 with 5106 viewsCurrie10

Is Waghorn on 10:11 - Apr 30 by SimonCleggsNeck

Was Mings even that good? He wan't bad, but wasn't cresswell. Bournemouth definitely overpaid.

This.

Positive we stuck with Tabb LM all 14/15 because Mick / the defenders knew Mings would go AWOL at times.

When he was good, he was superb ie- Bournemouth away 2-2 that year.

When bad, he was hopeless - ie - Cardiff 3-1 loss the same season.

Looked a lot better going forward than defensively to me.

Waghorn has been absolutely fantastic. Shrewd business!
Is Waghorn on 10:28 - Apr 30 with 5103 viewsGuthrum

Is Waghorn on 09:43 - Apr 30 by chicoazul

Feels like youre throwing shade at my boy Pitman here.

Is why I'm pleased we moved one on and bought the other.

Good marksman, but not the Championship hard worker we needed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is Waghorn on 10:29 - Apr 30 with 5096 viewshampstead_blue

I'd say Bart is the best signing for a long time but Waghorn has been a revelation.

MM did say he nearly fell of his chair when he was told he was available at the price he was.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is Waghorn on 10:32 - Apr 30 with 5073 viewschicoazul

Is Waghorn on 10:00 - Apr 30 by Stenvict

Mings was only a good signing because we made a huge profit on him. Waghorn is different, he has contributed a lot this season. I wouldn't say he's been played out of position, but over the last couple of months he has been up top on his own. I certainly think he should be POTY.

What? The only time we got in the plays offs was with Mings in the team, he was brilliant for 2 seasons. I just do not understand this Mings was not that good revisionism, I see it here so often.

Is Waghorn on 10:33 - Apr 30 with 5069 viewschicoazul

Is Waghorn on 10:11 - Apr 30 by SimonCleggsNeck

Dumb.

Is Waghorn on 10:38 - Apr 30 with 5045 viewsSteve_M

Is Waghorn on 10:32 - Apr 30 by chicoazul

What? The only time we got in the plays offs was with Mings in the team, he was brilliant for 2 seasons. I just do not understand this Mings was not that good revisionism, I see it here so often.

He only really had one full season here, sporadic games the one before as Creswell was still here. He was very good overall in 14-15 though, some dodgy matches and caught upfield at times - but that's a risk with attacking full backs.

Tabb played a lot because Mick had the overall balance of the team right for much of that season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is Waghorn on 11:03 - Apr 30 with 4942 viewsPendejo

Is Waghorn on 10:29 - Apr 30 by hampstead_blue

I'd say Bart is the best signing for a long time but Waghorn has been a revelation.

MM did say he nearly fell of his chair when he was told he was available at the price he was.

I detest "The Best" situations as it under simplifies complex matters. The Best signing we will make will be the manager that gets us playing attractive football successfully and hopefully a little bit of promotion excitement.

Bart is the best goalkeeping signing for a long time, Berra was the best defensive signing of the McCarthy Era [or Edwardstone as it is now called], Huws [when fit] as a box to box player the best midfield signing and Waghorn [as Murphy predates] is the best attacker signed.

As I posted yesterday Waghorn is my player of the year; work rate, goals and assists. A Celtic supporting colleague that he was overweight and lazy, must have been a different player...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Is Waghorn on 11:28 - Apr 30 with 4871 viewsStenvict

Is Waghorn on 10:32 - Apr 30 by chicoazul

I never said he wasn't good enough. He was a decent player, Cresswell was much better. My point was that Waghorn has been exceptional this season, Mings was just good for that 1 season he played for us and I think fans think he was better than he was simply because we sold him for £8m. I don't think you'll find many Town fans that would have valued him at that.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Is Waghorn on 11:38 - Apr 30 with 4844 viewsBlueBadger

Is Waghorn on 10:28 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

Is why I'm pleased we moved one on and bought the other.

Good marksman, but not the Championship hard worker we needed.

I liked Pitman, but he'd have been far better served if we'd actually had mobile midfield, and a decent partner.
As it was he got Douglas in midfield and Leon Best up front with him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Waghorn on 12:51 - Apr 30 with 4727 viewsitfcjoe

He's definitely the best signing of the latter McCarthy Era - we signed a lot of decent players early doors and the pick opf the bunch were Murphy, McGoldrick, Berra and Skuse - since then we didn't sign many first teamers until this summer and Waghorn been class.

In Cresswell's last season here he got 12 assists, Waggy is the first player to get double figures in assists since and also got 15 goals, it's an incredible return

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is Waghorn on 12:57 - Apr 30 with 4685 viewsVaughan8

Is Waghorn on 10:38 - Apr 30 by Steve_M

He only really had one full season here, sporadic games the one before as Creswell was still here. He was very good overall in 14-15 though, some dodgy matches and caught upfield at times - but that's a risk with attacking full backs.

Tabb played a lot because Mick had the overall balance of the team right for much of that season.

Mings was decent, people cannot deny that. I actually think he helped Berra out a lot (maybe due to his pace) as Berra really went downhill when he left.

Waghorn is definitely my favourite player at the club at the moment. Even when he doesn't play well, you can't say he isn't trying and doesn't put a shift in! Also he does give us a decent set piece, which we haven't had for a while!
Is Waghorn on 12:59 - Apr 30 with 4680 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Quite possibly, shame for Waghorn that Bartosz Bialkowski is as good as he is, but Waghorn is a very close second this year. The saves that Bart makes, the points that he saves us year in year out shouldn't be forgotten though.

Would have been an interesting competition if Garner, Waghorn, Huws and Adeyemi had all played 46 games for signing of the season, positive signs for next season

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024