Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... 09:08 - Apr 9 with 23737 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....Israeli state's total lack of respect for borders (whether Palestine, Syria or wherever the f^ck they like)....perhaps they are worried about being called antisemitic but more likely just don't give a toss !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 3918 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:18 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why would you interpret a reference to the Israeli state (as that is who would negotiate this hypothetical agreement) as anti semitic......point proved on the muddling I would say!

Edit....So that would be you and Lowhouse(Mr down vote) jumping from "you lot" subconsciously to Jews.....so who here has anti semitic leanings(either conscious or implied)?

Edit2....for you to even have half a chance of getting your accusation to stick would require me to know something of Philymark's heritage.....do you presume something I had not ?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 22:29]

Your blindness is mind-boggling.

As far as I'm aware, Philly is not an Israeli citizen & does not have voting rights in their elections - he lives in the USA (Philadelphia, I believe).

So why do you address him with the words "your lot"?

You've done nothing but conflate anti-semitism in the UK with Israeli politics in this thread from the outset.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:45 - Apr 9 with 3912 viewslowhouseblue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:18 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why would you interpret a reference to the Israeli state (as that is who would negotiate this hypothetical agreement) as anti semitic......point proved on the muddling I would say!

Edit....So that would be you and Lowhouse(Mr down vote) jumping from "you lot" subconsciously to Jews.....so who here has anti semitic leanings(either conscious or implied)?

Edit2....for you to even have half a chance of getting your accusation to stick would require me to know something of Philymark's heritage.....do you presume something I had not ?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 22:29]

in which case you seem to be assuming that phillymark has a connection to the israeli state. when you replied to him saying 'your lot' you now claim that was a reference to the israeli state. why is the state of israel 'his lot'?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:47 - Apr 9 with 3912 viewsslump

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:27 - Apr 9 by tcblue

What's the end goal here folks? Changing anyone's opinion? Reading others' with an open mind to changing your own? Or just another row disguised as debate?

There are opinions on this thread at least. Unlike the marathon threads that consist of "I am saying this, I am saying that", "you actually said this", "no you didn't", "yes I did"

UTT

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 00:50 - Apr 10 with 3863 viewsDarth_Koont

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:43 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

As far as I'm aware, Philly is not an Israeli citizen & does not have voting rights in their elections - he lives in the USA (Philadelphia, I believe).

You've done nothing but conflate anti-semitism in the UK with Israeli politics in this thread from the outset.

"You've done nothing but conflate anti-semitism in the UK with Israeli politics in this thread from the outset."

I think Bankster has also been addressing the rights and wrongs in Israel/Gaza/West Bank. But in essence there is a serious conflation already of antisemitism in the UK and Israeli politics. Not least the Campaign Against Antisemitism that was set up immediately in response to negative attitudes towards Israel's military actions in Gaza.

It's a very disturbing development that this war is being fought on our own soil, politically at least.

Pronouns: He/Him

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 01:55 - Apr 10 with 3839 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 00:50 - Apr 10 by Darth_Koont

"You've done nothing but conflate anti-semitism in the UK with Israeli politics in this thread from the outset."

I think Bankster has also been addressing the rights and wrongs in Israel/Gaza/West Bank. But in essence there is a serious conflation already of antisemitism in the UK and Israeli politics. Not least the Campaign Against Antisemitism that was set up immediately in response to negative attitudes towards Israel's military actions in Gaza.

It's a very disturbing development that this war is being fought on our own soil, politically at least.

OK, I agree I was slightly ott with the "nothing but" - but I assume that campaign was set up precisely because of the conflation of anti-Jewish feeling and anti-Israeli politics feeling?! which conflation Bankster is very much part of perpetuating, from the evidence in this thread.

Edit: - agree with your last para of course.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 3:48]

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 06:38 - Apr 10 with 3788 viewstcblue

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:47 - Apr 9 by slump

There are opinions on this thread at least. Unlike the marathon threads that consist of "I am saying this, I am saying that", "you actually said this", "no you didn't", "yes I did"

Yeah, I guess. I wasn't being pious, I genuinely was just curious.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 06:39 - Apr 10 with 3788 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:43 - Apr 9 by Ryorry

Because he has been representing one side in a political argument.......I really can't believe that you are going to persist with trying to get your accusation to stick (and possibly all because you felt implicated/attacked by the op). I am genuinely amazed Ryorry !

The irony that a thread condemning the actions of the Israeli state has taken this turn is truly mind boggling and perfectly illustrates how the anti semitic card is/can be used to deflect criticism. Heh I voted for Corbyn too so it probably has something to do with him and the Labour party which would explain Lowhouse's vote lurking!

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 06:43 - Apr 10 with 3786 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:45 - Apr 9 by lowhouseblue

in which case you seem to be assuming that phillymark has a connection to the israeli state. when you replied to him saying 'your lot' you now claim that was a reference to the israeli state. why is the state of israel 'his lot'?

Because he has been arguing their case (duh!).

To think all those years opposing the NF, BNP etc within football and beyond I must have been acting as an anti semite infiltrator!

Login to get fewer ads

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 06:48 - Apr 10 with 3783 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 01:55 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

OK, I agree I was slightly ott with the "nothing but" - but I assume that campaign was set up precisely because of the conflation of anti-Jewish feeling and anti-Israeli politics feeling?! which conflation Bankster is very much part of perpetuating, from the evidence in this thread.

Edit: - agree with your last para of course.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 3:48]

"......which conflation Bankster is very much part of perpetuating, from the evidence in this thread."

Well as I catch up this morning it just gets worse.....care to substantiate this ? See you in court!

Edit.....tell you what I will try to be kind and allow that, under a lazy reading of this thread, the use of the phrase 'your lot' rather than 'Netanyahoo's incarnation of the Israeli state machine' leaves room for ambiguity. The fact you have jumped on this to level a serious claim against me though says more about how this particular card is being used to silence legitimate debate than being in any way an accurate smear!
My original op was kind of prophetic don't you think !
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 6:58]

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 07:20 - Apr 10 with 3774 viewsNo9

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:38 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

I agree, the ongoing siege of Gaza is appalling. Netanyahu is a complete ~~~~, his chauvinism is inimical to any good outcome.

But, as usual, it's not an etirely clear-cut situation. Many of Israel's immediate and near neighbours (Iran, Syria, Turkey to an extent) have no regard for her borders, either. At least in terms of rhetoric, sometimes to the extent of supporting incursions.

And there are elements within the Palestinian Territories who insist on mounting attacks against Israel - mostly to prove how radical they are for recruiting and internal political reasons, rather than having any real impact or usefulness.

Israel's violent reaction to the recent largely peaceful border camp protests wil do far more damage to the former than occasional, poorly aimed rockets or rock-throwing mobs.

Unfortunately for the Palestinians, there is a large bloc of pro-Israel supporters in the USA (often millennialist Christian), plus a strong feeling of hostility towards Islam, not just in the West, but also in China, Russia, India and parts of South-East Asia. These provide a strong brake on producing any kind of solution favourable (or at least equitable) to the Palestinian cause.

& how little coverage the BBC has given to Isreali's killing Palestinians, in relation to the broadcast minutes / hours devoted to a certain Mr Corbyn and antisemitism or Assad, is frankly disproportionate to the point where it is unreasonable and not in the public interest.
By only watching the BBC one could be forgiven for not knowing there was any conflict on the Gaza strip these days
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 07:59 - Apr 10 with 3754 viewsHarry_Palmer

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 20:55 - Apr 9 by phillymark

They can't have the land outside Gaza - it's Israel. It has been recognized as such.
Gaza is Judenfrei. Not a single Jew lives there. Not one. Why not? Why can't a Jew live there since there are records of Jews in Gaza since at least the first temple until 1929 when they were violently expelled. Do the the Jewish descendants of those people get to get their homeland back? Or does that just apply to Hamas?

Regarding water - https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/eu-raises-half-billion-dol

I'll be honest, if you need to ask why no Jews live in Gaza then you really don't understand what is going on in that region at all.

Gaza is a fecking sh!thole a living hell, thanks to Israel. You find me one single Jew that wants to live in Gaza and then we will continue the conversation.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... (n/t) on 08:48 - Apr 10 with 3734 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 06:39 - Apr 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because he has been representing one side in a political argument.......I really can't believe that you are going to persist with trying to get your accusation to stick (and possibly all because you felt implicated/attacked by the op). I am genuinely amazed Ryorry !

The irony that a thread condemning the actions of the Israeli state has taken this turn is truly mind boggling and perfectly illustrates how the anti semitic card is/can be used to deflect criticism. Heh I voted for Corbyn too so it probably has something to do with him and the Labour party which would explain Lowhouse's vote lurking!

[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 8:49]

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 08:49 - Apr 10 with 3734 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 06:48 - Apr 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

"......which conflation Bankster is very much part of perpetuating, from the evidence in this thread."

Well as I catch up this morning it just gets worse.....care to substantiate this ? See you in court!

Edit.....tell you what I will try to be kind and allow that, under a lazy reading of this thread, the use of the phrase 'your lot' rather than 'Netanyahoo's incarnation of the Israeli state machine' leaves room for ambiguity. The fact you have jumped on this to level a serious claim against me though says more about how this particular card is being used to silence legitimate debate than being in any way an accurate smear!
My original op was kind of prophetic don't you think !
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 6:58]

Others can see it apparently, but if you're really so blind and so lacking in self-awareness that you can't see it from yourself in this thread, from your bombastic, baiting, abusive OP (accusing without a shred of evidence, GB - who as most people on here know, regularly stands up against anti-Semitism in the UK including on a long thread which only ended a couple of days ago - & un-named others of "not giving a toss" about human life), then it's pointless debating any further with you. I'm out.

And "this particular card is being used to silence legitimate debate" - ??!! Are you on a wind-up?! The thread is already 4 pages long, and I'm not going back to count how many serious posts I've contributed to it before this, at least 6 or 7 I should think.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 9:21]

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:10 - Apr 10 with 3703 viewsimsureazzure

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 22:36 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Even-handedness maybe.....something like "yes shooting people in the back of the head is pretty appalling (whoever does it)isn't it!"
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 22:37]

Yes of course it is, why does every poster have to comment on every post?
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:13 - Apr 10 with 3693 viewsbrazil1982

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 07:20 - Apr 10 by No9

& how little coverage the BBC has given to Isreali's killing Palestinians, in relation to the broadcast minutes / hours devoted to a certain Mr Corbyn and antisemitism or Assad, is frankly disproportionate to the point where it is unreasonable and not in the public interest.
By only watching the BBC one could be forgiven for not knowing there was any conflict on the Gaza strip these days

I wake up to News on R4, this morning the headlines were:
- Trump / FBI story
- China/ Trump
- China's agricultural policy
- Russia / Assad
- N Korea

No UK news.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:20 - Apr 10 with 3683 viewsimsureazzure

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 08:49 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

Others can see it apparently, but if you're really so blind and so lacking in self-awareness that you can't see it from yourself in this thread, from your bombastic, baiting, abusive OP (accusing without a shred of evidence, GB - who as most people on here know, regularly stands up against anti-Semitism in the UK including on a long thread which only ended a couple of days ago - & un-named others of "not giving a toss" about human life), then it's pointless debating any further with you. I'm out.

And "this particular card is being used to silence legitimate debate" - ??!! Are you on a wind-up?! The thread is already 4 pages long, and I'm not going back to count how many serious posts I've contributed to it before this, at least 6 or 7 I should think.

Perhaps there should be a no platform for accidental/ignorant of or not, anti-Semites?
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:23 - Apr 10 with 3678 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:20 - Apr 10 by imsureazzure

Perhaps there should be a no platform for accidental/ignorant of or not, anti-Semites?

Disagree, better to have it out in the open.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:23 - Apr 10 with 3677 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It is you that makes accusations of anti semitism not me about GB. I am simply calling him out for being unusually quiet on a political issue......is that ok with you?
You, and others, are seeing what you want to see but must know me better than I know myself. I have explained how my words were used but it would appear that is not enough.......operation "3 monkeys Israel" is succeeding!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 9:28]

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:24 - Apr 10 with 3672 viewsimsureazzure

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:23 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

Disagree, better to have it out in the open.

Sorry, it was a bit tongue in cheek.
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:27 - Apr 10 with 3671 viewsRyorry

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:23 - Apr 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

It is you that makes accusations of anti semitism not me about GB. I am simply calling him out for being unusually quiet on a political issue......is that ok with you?
You, and others, are seeing what you want to see but must know me better than I know myself. I have explained how my words were used but it would appear that is not enough.......operation "3 monkeys Israel" is succeeding!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 9:28]

"It is you that makes accusations of anti semitism not me about GB"
That is f*ing outrageous quite frankly.

And no it isn't, as I've already pointed out.

You're so unable to see facts that I have no option but to ignore you, for the sake of my stress level.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:29 - Apr 10 with 3665 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:20 - Apr 10 by imsureazzure

L.O.L.......

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:30 - Apr 10 with 3661 viewsbrazil1982

What's all this about monkeys?
Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:33 - Apr 10 with 3659 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:27 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

"It is you that makes accusations of anti semitism not me about GB"
That is f*ing outrageous quite frankly.

And no it isn't, as I've already pointed out.

You're so unable to see facts that I have no option but to ignore you, for the sake of my stress level.

Oh sorry I thought you were calling me an anti semite.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:36 - Apr 10 with 3653 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You have commented plenty just said nothing about Israeli disregard for borders and murdering people......on this thread or the previous one I started about Israeli actions in Gaza.

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:38 - Apr 10 with 3647 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glassers and co, still nothing to say about....... on 09:30 - Apr 10 by brazil1982

What's all this about monkeys?

See, hear and speak no evil......
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024