Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Teddy Bishop debate 23:41 - Apr 4 with 7700 viewsyungblue

For me it is a no brainier, a young man of his age has so much potential and we shouldn’t be allowing him to leave because of a torrid time of injuries.
I believe a two year deal with an option, a proper pre season and we could see the best out of him in an attacking midfield role.

Poll: Who would you rather have as manager of Ipswich next season?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 23:50 - Apr 4 with 4922 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Depends how much he is paid. I have no idea what he’s on, but if he’s one of our higher earners on say £10k per week, that’s a lot of money tied up in someone who doesn’t play.

It’s not an easy decision when money is so tight.

I would say that a lower basic pay that is heavily incentivised would be the best option. If he doesn’t want to commit to that, then cheerio.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 23:50]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Teddy Bishop debate on 00:20 - Apr 5 with 4867 viewsyungblue

The Teddy Bishop debate on 23:50 - Apr 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Depends how much he is paid. I have no idea what he’s on, but if he’s one of our higher earners on say £10k per week, that’s a lot of money tied up in someone who doesn’t play.

It’s not an easy decision when money is so tight.

I would say that a lower basic pay that is heavily incentivised would be the best option. If he doesn’t want to commit to that, then cheerio.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 23:50]

I don’t think he is one of our top earners, believe the current top earner is McGoldrick at just north of 10k a week so can’t imagine Bishop being that close to him.

I think he will come back next year after a solid pre season, like a lot of the lads.

Poll: Who would you rather have as manager of Ipswich next season?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 01:41 - Apr 5 with 4827 viewsLuk38644

I'd offer him and McG another year so that the new manager can have a look at them.

Under a manager who plays through the midfield, Bishop could be a key player for us, although, so could Huws, Downes, Nydam, Dozzell and Adeyemi, but it would be a silly decision to give up on him knowing what he's capable of and with a new opinion about to enter the club.
The Teddy Bishop debate on 04:09 - Apr 5 with 4761 viewsconnorscontract

The Teddy Bishop debate on 01:41 - Apr 5 by Luk38644

I'd offer him and McG another year so that the new manager can have a look at them.

Under a manager who plays through the midfield, Bishop could be a key player for us, although, so could Huws, Downes, Nydam, Dozzell and Adeyemi, but it would be a silly decision to give up on him knowing what he's capable of and with a new opinion about to enter the club.

I think Didsy is shot to pieces, and the very strong rumours are that he is off at the end of the season, regardless.

Bishop is an interesting one. I think that as long as we offer him a contract on the same terms as his current one then if he refuses to sign it we would be due compensation from any club he did sign for, as he is a product of our Academy. So that would make that a no-brainer.
The Teddy Bishop debate on 05:57 - Apr 5 with 4689 viewsJimmy86

I echo the same sentiments as the OP. I personally would offer him a new 2 year deal with the option of a third year. In the QPR game on boxing day he showed what he could do, until he came off injured. He was easily our best player on the pitch. If he can stay fit, it's a no brainer!!
The Teddy Bishop debate on 06:47 - Apr 5 with 4627 viewsCurrie10

The Teddy Bishop debate on 00:20 - Apr 5 by yungblue

I don’t think he is one of our top earners, believe the current top earner is McGoldrick at just north of 10k a week so can’t imagine Bishop being that close to him.

I think he will come back next year after a solid pre season, like a lot of the lads.

Look at our wage bill, we're clearly not paying over £15 mill a year for just one player on over 10k.

It's not 1996.

McGoldrick will be on closer to 20k.

Our average earner is 8-12k basic.
The Teddy Bishop debate on 06:48 - Apr 5 with 4616 viewschristiand

I'd keep Teddy Bishop, but move on Hyam and McGoldrick.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 6:59]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The Teddy Bishop debate on 06:56 - Apr 5 with 4577 viewsBlueBadger

Year for both, reduced terms or pay-per-play bonuses for McGoldrick, broadly similar terms to what he's already on for Bishop.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The Teddy Bishop debate on 07:33 - Apr 5 with 4485 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 06:56 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

Year for both, reduced terms or pay-per-play bonuses for McGoldrick, broadly similar terms to what he's already on for Bishop.

Some sort of zero hours contract..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 07:34 - Apr 5 with 4481 viewschicoazul

I hate to say it but it seems sensible to let Bishop go. Great player but terrible injury history and we have Dozzell Downes Nydam and now Folami coming through to focus on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:14 - Apr 5 with 4408 viewsmaccyd9

The Teddy Bishop debate on 06:47 - Apr 5 by Currie10

Look at our wage bill, we're clearly not paying over £15 mill a year for just one player on over 10k.

It's not 1996.

McGoldrick will be on closer to 20k.

Our average earner is 8-12k basic.

Chambo and Didz are close to £20k.

As for Bishop, it has to be a basic with appearance related top up's. We paid probably near on £200k a month to nurse Bishop, Didz, Huwys and Adeyemi through a season in which they basically contributed nothing.

We've got to be ruthless.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 8:14]
The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:19 - Apr 5 with 4387 viewsKieran_Knows

I think someone on here has said he is close to signing a new one year deal, with a years option on top.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:26 - Apr 5 with 4371 viewsHerbivore

Bishop has a year opinion on his current deal so we don't need to offer him anything, we just have to decide whether it's worthwhile to give him another year or not. He made just shy of 20 appearances last season and looked pretty poor to be honest, one good half this season showed his promise but it's one half of football in about 3 years. On balance I'd take up the option and if he's fit and playing games I'd look at a new deal for him around October time. If he's still crocked then wave him on his way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:26 - Apr 5 with 4371 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:14 - Apr 5 by maccyd9

As for Bishop, it has to be a basic with appearance related top up's. We paid probably near on £200k a month to nurse Bishop, Didz, Huwys and Adeyemi through a season in which they basically contributed nothing.

No they arent. Chambers wage was declared as 6k when he was in court. We arent paying anyone 20k a week apart from the Manager.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:27 - Apr 5 with 4366 viewschristiand

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:14 - Apr 5 by maccyd9

The club need to give Bishop the opportunity to prove his fitness, if then he is still struggling to get back to playing regularly then yes it is time to move on. It would be a shame as he does have ability and the sort of player we need in our midfield. Adeyemi concerns me, rarely played this season, comes back plays a coupe of games and then is out with the longest hamstring injury in football history! He needs to hit the ground running during pre-season otherwise he'd be one I would be looking to move on asap. Pointless keeping and a drain on available resources.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:27 - Apr 5 with 4357 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:26 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Bishop has a year opinion on his current deal so we don't need to offer him anything, we just have to decide whether it's worthwhile to give him another year or not. He made just shy of 20 appearances last season and looked pretty poor to be honest, one good half this season showed his promise but it's one half of football in about 3 years. On balance I'd take up the option and if he's fit and playing games I'd look at a new deal for him around October time. If he's still crocked then wave him on his way.

Does he? I didnt think we had an option on him.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:28 - Apr 5 with 4345 viewsBasuco

Absolute no brainer to give him a new contract, any player who can play so many forward passes with ease and make it look very simple just has to be retained. The fact he has skills that are rare and usually very expensive to buy in means to give Teddy every chance to show he can get fit again is a must.
The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:33 - Apr 5 with 4323 viewsHerbivore

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:27 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Does he? I didnt think we had an option on him.

Didz is the only player genuinely out of contract this summer and he will go for sure.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:34 - Apr 5 with 4319 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:33 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Didz is the only player genuinely out of contract this summer and he will go for sure.

ah, thanks. I dont know if we should take the option up though, hard to see where he fits in if Dozzell is playing.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:35 - Apr 5 with 4317 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:28 - Apr 5 by Basuco

Absolute no brainer to give him a new contract, any player who can play so many forward passes with ease and make it look very simple just has to be retained. The fact he has skills that are rare and usually very expensive to buy in means to give Teddy every chance to show he can get fit again is a must.

His skills are nearly as rare as his appearances in the first team!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:40 - Apr 5 with 4298 viewsHerbivore

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:34 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

ah, thanks. I dont know if we should take the option up though, hard to see where he fits in if Dozzell is playing.

I think eventually they can play in the same team, Dozzer is seen as a deep lying midfielder in the longer term whereas Bishop plays more advanced. I'd be really tempted to try a midfield diamond next season with Skuse at the base (Dozzer isn't ready for that just yet), Huws and Bishop rotating at the top, then two from Dozzer, Nydam, Downes, Adeyemi and Ward at the sides of the diamond. We've got full backs who can get up and down to give width, I think that's a midfield that could boss a game.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:42 - Apr 5 with 4297 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:26 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

No they arent. Chambers wage was declared as 6k when he was in court. We arent paying anyone 20k a week apart from the Manager.

I’d be amazed if the captain of a champ club was on £6k per week. If he is then he should sack his agent!!

Will be at least twice that when appearance bonuses etc are included.

Would be happy to give Bishop a low basic with a hefty appearance bonus.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:42 - Apr 5 with 4295 viewsBurwell_Blue

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:19 - Apr 5 by Kieran_Knows

I think someone on here has said he is close to signing a new one year deal, with a years option on top.

That is correct.

New 1yr deal with a 1yr further option.

Salary I believe to be £2.5k a week (and approx 1.5k a week from Sponsors)
The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:43 - Apr 5 with 4290 viewsTIB

A lad that showed real promise at one point, but I now can't help but feel won't live up to what many hoped he would, whether that be due to his serious underlying injury issues or his attitude.

That said, we've seen that many players leave and become quality players, I would take up the option of another year and see how another manager/coach deals with him as Mick's injury list during his tenure here has been huge and maybe that's what's been hampering Bish.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:44 - Apr 5 with 4289 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:26 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Ah, when you say recently you mean 3 years ago and on a previous contract.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024