Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Teddy Bishop debate 23:41 - Apr 4 with 7713 viewsyungblue

For me it is a no brainier, a young man of his age has so much potential and we shouldn’t be allowing him to leave because of a torrid time of injuries.
I believe a two year deal with an option, a proper pre season and we could see the best out of him in an attacking midfield role.

Poll: Who would you rather have as manager of Ipswich next season?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:53 - Apr 5 with 2233 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:44 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ah, when you say recently you mean 3 years ago and on a previous contract.

what, you really think that Chambers wages went up by more than x3 when he stayed here instead of joining Forest? Youre insane. No players at Ipswich are on 20k a week, we have the 18th lowest wage bill in the division.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:53 - Apr 5 with 2227 viewsRadlett_blue

The Teddy Bishop debate on 01:41 - Apr 5 by Luk38644

I'd offer him and McG another year so that the new manager can have a look at them.

Under a manager who plays through the midfield, Bishop could be a key player for us, although, so could Huws, Downes, Nydam, Dozzell and Adeyemi, but it would be a silly decision to give up on him knowing what he's capable of and with a new opinion about to enter the club.

McGoldrick won't take a 1 year deal. At age 30, he'll be looking for a 2 year deal & someone else will take a chance on his fitness & also give him more money than we will. Good player at this level when fit, but not worth the risk for us.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 9:00]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:56 - Apr 5 with 2226 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:40 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

I think eventually they can play in the same team, Dozzer is seen as a deep lying midfielder in the longer term whereas Bishop plays more advanced. I'd be really tempted to try a midfield diamond next season with Skuse at the base (Dozzer isn't ready for that just yet), Huws and Bishop rotating at the top, then two from Dozzer, Nydam, Downes, Adeyemi and Ward at the sides of the diamond. We've got full backs who can get up and down to give width, I think that's a midfield that could boss a game.

I agree our midfield on paper with the players we have now looks good. Hopefully we can do a better job of getting them fit and keeping them fit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:57 - Apr 5 with 2218 viewsHerbivore

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:56 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

I agree our midfield on paper with the players we have now looks good. Hopefully we can do a better job of getting them fit and keeping them fit.

We'll be fine, the injuries were all Mick's fault.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:58 - Apr 5 with 2213 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:57 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

We'll be fine, the injuries were all Mick's fault.

Ha! Maybe all those injuries and inability to rehab hard running central MFers were coincidence, maybe not.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:00 - Apr 5 with 2212 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:53 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

what, you really think that Chambers wages went up by more than x3 when he stayed here instead of joining Forest? Youre insane. No players at Ipswich are on 20k a week, we have the 18th lowest wage bill in the division.

Interesting response.

Where did I say that Chambers was on £20k per week.

What I said was, he will be on considerably more than £6k per week (I specifically said 'double that', which I think is realistic).
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 9:01]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:03 - Apr 5 with 2206 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:00 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Interesting response.

Where did I say that Chambers was on £20k per week.

What I said was, he will be on considerably more than £6k per week (I specifically said 'double that', which I think is realistic).
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 9:01]

Given our wage bill I have no idea at all why you think that but hey, you do you. Real life football isnt like those computer games you lot are always hunched over.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:08 - Apr 5 with 2194 viewsCurrie10

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:53 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Lets get real.

We're clearly not paying key players £6k basic without doing 60/70% performance related pay / top ups ontop of. We're just not.

We all know our wage bill is over £15 mill - it's published.

So lets pretend for a second we're paying key players £6k per week - and I'll even be generous and say we're pay 30 this wage =

52 x 6000 x 30 = 9.360.000

Hmmmm - So that's a shortfall of over 5.5 mill............
Login to get fewer ads

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:08 - Apr 5 with 2191 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:03 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Given our wage bill I have no idea at all why you think that but hey, you do you. Real life football isnt like those computer games you lot are always hunched over.

Apology accepted.

What do you think our highest earner is paid?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:10 - Apr 5 with 2190 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:08 - Apr 5 by Currie10

Lets get real.

We're clearly not paying key players £6k basic without doing 60/70% performance related pay / top ups ontop of. We're just not.

So lets pretend for a second we're paying key players £6k per week - and I'll even be generous and say we're pay 30 this wage =

Thats a generous assumption.

On the assumption Chambers is on c.£6k per week as one of our highest earners, that would suggest much of the squad are on say £2-4k per week.

Chico seems to be living in the late 90's.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:11 - Apr 5 with 2191 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:08 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Apology accepted.

What do you think our highest earner is paid?

So sorry but I refuse to continue this pointless conversation as I have many many better things to do.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:14 - Apr 5 with 2179 viewsCurrie10

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:10 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats a generous assumption.

On the assumption Chambers is on c.£6k per week as one of our highest earners, that would suggest much of the squad are on say £2-4k per week.

Chico seems to be living in the late 90's.

Tried to be as generous as possible!

People before seem to think the likes of Bru / Hyam are on £2-£4k.

How come we've had mission impossible offloading Mr Bru - we wouldn't have had any bother if he was on that.

Some conference clubs play up to £2k!!!
The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:14 - Apr 5 with 2182 viewsitfcjoe

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:14 - Apr 5 by maccyd9

Chambo and Didz are close to £20k.

As for Bishop, it has to be a basic with appearance related top up's. We paid probably near on £200k a month to nurse Bishop, Didz, Huwys and Adeyemi through a season in which they basically contributed nothing.

We've got to be ruthless.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 8:14]

They won't be on that much - Chambers esepcially. I had sight of a senior players contract a year or two ago who you would expect to be one of our highest earners and his contract went from £7k, to £8k to £9k over the 3 year term of it.

Plenty of bonuses in there too, but can't see Chambers being closer to £20k than £10k

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:16 - Apr 5 with 2174 viewsitfcjoe

I think you have to give him a new deal - if he goes elsewhere and stays fit he could turn into a £5m player quite easily.

A club like us can't afford to let someone like that walk out the door for £3-4k a week.

We know he has the ability, and it is just a case of getting him fit and keeping him fit - hopefully a new managers methods will help with that

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:16 - Apr 5 with 2173 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:11 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

So sorry but I refuse to continue this pointless conversation as I have many many better things to do.

Bizarre.

I would hope you do have better things to do than conjour up an argument to have with yourself while abusing others.

Good riddance.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:23 - Apr 5 with 2161 viewsBasuco

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:35 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

His skills are nearly as rare as his appearances in the first team!!

Harsh but true, I really hope he can get a good run of games next season to show he can recover from his injuries.
The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:24 - Apr 5 with 2163 viewsHerbivore

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:08 - Apr 5 by Currie10

Lets get real.

Bear in mind the wage bill is for all club staff. Mick pulls in £1m a year, the rest of the coaching staff must add up to £2m plus, we have a number of backroom and admin staff to pay as well. I doubt our very top earners are on much over £10k basic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:24 - Apr 5 with 2159 viewsCurrie10

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:14 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

They won't be on that much - Chambers esepcially. I had sight of a senior players contract a year or two ago who you would expect to be one of our highest earners and his contract went from £7k, to £8k to £9k over the 3 year term of it.

Plenty of bonuses in there too, but can't see Chambers being closer to £20k than £10k

Perhaps the best explanation to date.

Lets assume £9k basic for Lukey boy.

Surely appearance fee would be quite high if that was the case - perhaps 2-3k? Otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

I was told before by someone in the club the players have a top 6 bonus for every week we're in the top 6 - no idea how much but that's very much a null and void one these days!

Back to Bishop, based on how little we can sadly get out of him, it's money poorly spent and reluctantly I'd rather he move on :(
The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:26 - Apr 5 with 2157 viewschicoazul

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:24 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Bear in mind the wage bill is for all club staff. Mick pulls in £1m a year, the rest of the coaching staff must add up to £2m plus, we have a number of backroom and admin staff to pay as well. I doubt our very top earners are on much over £10k basic.

Some of those guys don't even understand what a wage bill *includes*. But I mustn't continue this argument.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:32 - Apr 5 with 2149 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:24 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Pretty much exactly where I was with my comment on Chambo.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:36 - Apr 5 with 2146 viewsmaccyd9

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:14 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

I know for a fact Chambo is well over £10k and Didz too.

I really don't care anyway, but previous posts suggesting he's on £6k are laughable.

This all detracts from the original post anyway RE Bishop.

My take, plenty of ability, far more questions. Give him a year to prove himself on an appearance based salary and see what happens.

Some players bodies are just not meant for the rigours of football and that's what often sets average players apart from far more naturally talented players.
The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:39 - Apr 5 with 2137 viewsitfcjoe

The Teddy Bishop debate on 09:24 - Apr 5 by Currie10

Perhaps the best explanation to date.

Lets assume £9k basic for Lukey boy.

Surely appearance fee would be quite high if that was the case - perhaps 2-3k? Otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

I was told before by someone in the club the players have a top 6 bonus for every week we're in the top 6 - no idea how much but that's very much a null and void one these days!

Back to Bishop, based on how little we can sadly get out of him, it's money poorly spent and reluctantly I'd rather he move on :(

Yeah, it was £2k a game appearance, and other bonuses for milestones - this player had £10k for 7 goals and a further £10k if he got to 10 goals.

Think it worked out about £100k bonus if we finished in top 6 and they had played 30 games too, etc.

The Teddy Bishop debate on 10:04 - Apr 5 with 2104 viewsbilllm

The Teddy Bishop debate on 06:48 - Apr 5 by christiand

I'd keep Teddy Bishop, but move on Hyam and McGoldrick.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 6:59]

Agree, bishop a year with the club an option of another one
The Teddy Bishop debate on 10:04 - Apr 5 with 2104 viewsyungblue

The Teddy Bishop debate on 08:44 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ah, when you say recently you mean 3 years ago and on a previous contract.

Only just changed contract though, he didn’t jump from 6k to 20k. Only the manager s around that figure. When Murph got his new deal after his goal scoring season, he got 17k, but was then sold to Newcastle a year later.

Poll: Who would you rather have as manager of Ipswich next season?

The Teddy Bishop debate on 10:16 - Apr 5 with 2089 viewsJakeITFC

Obviously keep him, he’s our best player when fit and firing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024