Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mmmm. Just watched the presser. 16:17 - Mar 29 with 5110 viewsLord_Lucan

Apologies if it's been done to death but I haven't looked and I've started now so I'll do a Magnus Magnuson (sp)

I thin k it is nailed on that Mick Mack is a genuinely nice guy, has a bit of a brain, is polite and fiercely protective of his staff from tea lady to players.

Have to say though I think he comes across when interviewed as just a slight bit of a dick and a man that can't accept that he may have made an error or two along the way. I also accept that the players probably like him but I know that some of them feel very frustrated with his directives.

If Viz ever wanted a Yorkshire man as a character they need to look no further than Mick McCarthy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:47 - Mar 29 with 989 viewsGuthrum

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:54 - Mar 29 by Coco

Spot on.

I keep flitting between sympathy and respect to shaking my head at his arrogance. He has little respect for the fans and is clearly desperate for us to fail when he is gone.

I think that's a bit strong, suggesting he's 'desperate for us to fail'. But I share your "Aargh, I wish he hadn't said that" feeling at times.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:53 - Mar 29 with 969 viewsmonty_radio

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 16:52 - Mar 29 by dirtyboy

Having watched that press conference, I think Mick would still have been here had he been given the guarantee he was going to be given the money to make us truly competitive.

He says it was mutual after a conversation and that's probably correct.

Our current squad are fiercely loyal to Mick, a lot of his ex-players have followed him over the years and I have no doubt we'll be losing a few good ones if he does pop up at another club.

The next manager here has to be nailed on, if it isn't the players will jump very quickly and I don't blame them. Mick is clearly very much appreciated by all at the club, so they big boots to fill, regardless of what we think.

"Mutual" means that we 're going to learn nothing from Mick's end while he knows that M.E. will also say nothing of consequence.

Amidst all the low-key mutterings from the gallery and bemused passivity from M.M. I felt that the only real clue was when Mick offered:

"We’re not progressing; we’re pretty much standing still".

That seems to amount to an acknowledgement that "the gig", as he calls it, is not do-able - or perhaps, no longer do-able.

Whether or no, little enough light was shed - certainly not enough for the occasional Mick inners who have surfaced today to claim he was hounded and/or it was the fans' fault.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 18:09 - Mar 29 with 946 viewsDubtractor

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 17:25 - Mar 29 by textbackup

‘Had’ the ear, they’ve since moved on!
However the ones you chat with on the odd occasion in town etc, they don’t have to say it to make it obvious that many of them don’t like what MM has them doing.
I fully expect to see Bishop (if fit) become a key player in the team.

Also be nice to see Downes back after TC made his time here this season pretty uncomfortable. Did I just say that out loud?!

You can't post that without some explanation!!!!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 18:17 - Mar 29 with 940 viewsTrequartista

It's all about him as usual. Anyone reading that must wonder he's leaving as he has done such a perfect job. How many times does he mention the 7 points when he came here?

Clearly he performed faultlessly up to Dec 2014, but his inability to accept any criticism has lead to his downfall.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mmmm. Just watched the presser. on 20:05 - Mar 29 with 892 viewsHennikerBlu

Can't seem to resist a dig at the fans or a nod towards his own self importance.

It almost feels that the fans and history of the club do not matter, as he rarely references them in a positive way. Perhaps that's stopped him from getting a truly big gig as I am sure Liverpool or MUFC fans wouldn't appreciate being reminded of how lucky they are.

Its a shame as I think a few quid at the right time and he would have done wonders.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 21:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024