Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart 11:05 - Mar 26 with 5835 viewsFinidiCentenary

He's confirmed that we failed to agree a fee with Palace in January. So they made a bid but it was short of what we were looking for.

Bart has always said he's happy here and would not want to move, but the way that potential move has been talked about, you can only assume the club made him aware and that if a fee had been agreed, he would likely have left. It's an hour down the road, he doesn't have to move his family who love it here either.

Would anyone be surprised if he held out for a summer move there? I don't think Bart is the type to hold the club to ransom or mess us around. He seems an outstanding bloke. But he also has to do what's best for his family and that could mean that, through his agent, he leaves us for free or gets a huge wage increase to stay here and sign a new deal.

You also cannot blame the guy, after achieving his ultimate dream, of wanting to play in the Premier League, something that looks a million miles off with us, and force his way into regular Poland involvement. He'd be mad if he didn't take that chance if it came along.

The fact the deal has not yet been signed, two months on, is very worrying. We are somewhat the victims of Bart's own success, there may well be failings at the club. I just hope whatever happens people are quick to jump on Bart's back, if he does leave us at a disadvantage.

It's been a pleasure watching him the last 3 years and I can't remember a player that has ever won us so many points consistently, almost single handedly, over such a long period.

I wish him well whatever he does. I desperately hope we keep him, but it does seem as if it's looking pretty slim now.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 11:09]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:08 - Mar 26 with 5792 viewsKieran_Knows

He'll stay to be part of Steve McClaren's revolution.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:09 - Mar 26 with 5771 viewsSomethingBlue

Happy to let him go — he'll deserve it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:10 - Mar 26 with 5757 viewsartsbossbeard

An hour? Have you ever done Ipswich to South London in an hour?

As mentioned last week and I'm sworn to secrecy on this but the contract is on the table although something is amiss and is awaiting club input. Once resolved, he'll sign.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:11 - Mar 26 with 5745 viewsFinidiCentenary

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:09 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

On a human level I'll be delighted for the guy.

As an ITFC fan I'd be as gutted as any player leaving in the last 10 years. There haven't been many not called Daryl Murphy that I have missed, but Bart will be this decades Wark, Taricco or Stewart.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 11:11]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:17 - Mar 26 with 5699 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:09 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

Agree with that. I think if someone comes in and pays the money then we must just hold our hands up and say good luck to him. He's earned his chance to play higher than us.

He's also always conducted himself with the integrity to have earned our respect. And similar to the likes of Dyer, Wright etc. you just have to accept that Bart could well be outgrowing us.
It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:17 - Mar 26 with 5702 viewsSWGF

Club have the year's extension so you would assume we'd be covered, financially.

No issue with him wanting to play Prem football and more regularly for his country which, in all honesty, he's unlikely to do with us.

Since (bizarrely) having had to prise Gerken out of the way, he's been our stand-out Player of the Year in his full seasons and that should be our role in the whole scenario; buying cheap, making players better, seeing them move onto bigger/better things and us getting a decent fee for doing so WHICH IS THEN REINVESTED INTO THE SQUAD.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:26 - Mar 26 with 5641 viewsFinidiCentenary

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:17 - Mar 26 by SWGF

Club have the year's extension so you would assume we'd be covered, financially.

No issue with him wanting to play Prem football and more regularly for his country which, in all honesty, he's unlikely to do with us.

Since (bizarrely) having had to prise Gerken out of the way, he's been our stand-out Player of the Year in his full seasons and that should be our role in the whole scenario; buying cheap, making players better, seeing them move onto bigger/better things and us getting a decent fee for doing so WHICH IS THEN REINVESTED INTO THE SQUAD.

This is the one thing that I really hope Evans has learned from.

We bought Mings for £10,000 and sold him for £8m.

We bought Moore for £20,000 and sold him for £750,000 without ever giving him a run.

We paid something like £150,000 for Bart and probably turned down at least £3m for him.

We got McGoldrick for nothing and reportedly turned down £7m.

We signed Muprhy for nothing and sold him for £3m.

We had Sears for £100k and could easily have got £1m for him 12 months after he'd signed, when he looked every bit a decent Championship striker.

We bought Webster for £750k and Premier League clubs were rumoured to be willing to pay £5m or so at one point before all the injuries.

Hopefully Evans realises that the majority of players like Chaplow, Gleeson and so on, who arrive in their late 20's / early 30's have no real transfer value and are of limited ability and have reached their potential.

There are other players out there who are out of contract but will demand higher wages who may be worth several million, or younger players who may cost a million or two but could go on to Bart or Mings levels of improvement and be worth substantially more.

We need to start targeting the frees like McGoldrick, Berra and Murphy or the players like Roofe, Ollie Watkins, Oztumer or Eisa, the modern day Jon Walters or David Johnson's. We seem to have been largely stuck in the middle of not paying good fees or good wages to the top free agents, but taking those players in between that add nothing but a bit of squad depth and don't add quality or even serve as investments.

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:28 - Mar 26 with 5624 viewsFinidiCentenary

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:10 - Mar 26 by artsbossbeard

As mentioned last week and I'm sworn to secrecy on this but the contract is on the table although something is amiss and is awaiting club input. Once resolved, he'll sign.

Okay 90 - 120 minutes then. I'm sure plenty of people here commute to London each day. On £20,000 a week at least, I'd be getting a taxi there and back each day!

Login to get fewer ads

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 12:01 - Mar 26 with 5541 viewsitfcjoe

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:26 - Mar 26 by FinidiCentenary

This is the one thing that I really hope Evans has learned from.

We bought Mings for £10,000 and sold him for £8m.

We bought Moore for £20,000 and sold him for £750,000 without ever giving him a run.

We paid something like £150,000 for Bart and probably turned down at least £3m for him.

We got McGoldrick for nothing and reportedly turned down £7m.

We signed Muprhy for nothing and sold him for £3m.

We had Sears for £100k and could easily have got £1m for him 12 months after he'd signed, when he looked every bit a decent Championship striker.

We bought Webster for £750k and Premier League clubs were rumoured to be willing to pay £5m or so at one point before all the injuries.

Hopefully Evans realises that the majority of players like Chaplow, Gleeson and so on, who arrive in their late 20's / early 30's have no real transfer value and are of limited ability and have reached their potential.

There are other players out there who are out of contract but will demand higher wages who may be worth several million, or younger players who may cost a million or two but could go on to Bart or Mings levels of improvement and be worth substantially more.

We need to start targeting the frees like McGoldrick, Berra and Murphy or the players like Roofe, Ollie Watkins, Oztumer or Eisa, the modern day Jon Walters or David Johnson's. We seem to have been largely stuck in the middle of not paying good fees or good wages to the top free agents, but taking those players in between that add nothing but a bit of squad depth and don't add quality or even serve as investments.

I think that is the key, and similar to what Brentford have done with their succesful recruitment strategy

You can't just bank the money we sell players for and roll them into the running costs of the club - players in L1 and L2 require relatively substantial fees these days - but you must speculate to accumulate

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 12:16 - Mar 26 with 5468 viewsSWGF

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 12:01 - Mar 26 by itfcjoe

I think that is the key, and similar to what Brentford have done with their succesful recruitment strategy

You can't just bank the money we sell players for and roll them into the running costs of the club - players in L1 and L2 require relatively substantial fees these days - but you must speculate to accumulate

It's *unlikely* that a player's value will decrease if you've scouted well enough, you're buying them while they're of an age where they're improving/can be improved and they're then playing the majority of a season (and doing OK) in the Champ.
You could apply this to Ward/Webster level of signings as well as, for example, £1.8m for Watkins or £3m for Maddison.

If you then have a fair run with injuries, you should always make a profit as they'll go onto Prem clubs or even Champ clubs higher up the league who are willing to pay.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 12:20 - Mar 26 with 5450 viewshampstead_blue

I think he would have gone anyhow.

He;s earned it and we should wish him well.

My only concern is not getting good money for him...

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 14:45 - Mar 26 with 5215 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:28 - Mar 26 by FinidiCentenary

Okay 90 - 120 minutes then. I'm sure plenty of people here commute to London each day. On £20,000 a week at least, I'd be getting a taxi there and back each day!

Just to London is more than an hour on a fast train.

To Crystal Palace, which is the other side of London, you're looking at another hour on top of that.

I disagree that Bart would be more likely to play for Poland with Palace than us. He's already playing for Poland with us. Is he going to be more regular by sitting on Palace's bench (which, let's face it, he's more likely to be doing than with Ipswich)?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 15:11 - Mar 26 with 5146 viewsCurrie10

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 14:45 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

To Crystal Palace, which is the other side of London, you're looking at another hour on top of that.

I disagree that Bart would be more likely to play for Poland with Palace than us. He's already playing for Poland with us. Is he going to be more regular by sitting on Palace's bench (which, let's face it, he's more likely to be doing than with Ipswich)?

Needs to leave to push to become a prem no 1 - which he's capable of.

No chance he'll be signing. May be things that need amending etc,,,,, he'll be off.

Just get the best fee possible - maybe £4 mill ?
It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 20:56 - Mar 26 with 4859 viewsHennikerBlu

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 11:10 - Mar 26 by artsbossbeard

Just going to say that, you won't get much change out of two hours and three on a bad day one way.
It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 20:58 - Mar 26 with 4851 viewsReuser_is_God

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 14:45 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

I don’t think Bart will care how far Crystal Palace is from Ipswich if they’re paying him 30k a week.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 21:06 - Mar 26 with 4807 viewsHARRY10

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 15:11 - Mar 26 by Currie10

Needs to leave to push to become a prem no 1 - which he's capable of.

No chance he'll be signing. May be things that need amending etc,,,,, he'll be off.

Just get the best fee possible - maybe £4 mill ?

eh?

How do we get a fee for a player who is out of contract ?
It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 21:28 - Mar 26 with 4734 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 21:06 - Mar 26 by HARRY10

eh?

How do we get a fee for a player who is out of contract ?

He has a year's extension.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It's probably reasonable to fear the worst now with Bart on 15:02 - Mar 27 with 4452 viewsSwn98

An Hour down the rd?maybe in a helicopter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024