Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Company Car 12:50 - Mar 16 with 6460 viewsBurwell_Blue

My CC is up for renewal soon and the company are pushing for a change and are giving some incentives to change to either a 2.0 GTD Golf or a similar spec Audi.

Can anyone recommend one or the other? Or perhaps an alternative that will cost around the £28k mark (only stipulations are that it has to be 5 door, black grey or silver and not too outrageous.
Company Car on 12:53 - Mar 16 with 5022 viewsuefacup81

Under £30k you still get a good range of option. Are there any other stipulations, or is it a case of any general style be acceptable if it fits the criteria you've already given?

Land Rover Discovery Sport?
Skoda Superb?
Golf R Estate?
Low-end Jag?

It's a slightly dated article, but there are some good options here:

https://www.carwow.co.uk/best/the-best-cars-for-less-than-30000

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Company Car on 13:02 - Mar 16 with 4991 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends what space you need (and what you like obviously), but for me it would be a no-brainer at that level - Audi A4 avant.

In a similar boat myself, but looking to buy private. Got it narrowed down to Passat estate v an A6 Avant (I need load carrier) - heading towards the Audi as they drive nicer and seem to hold their value better (not as important for you of course).

Don't know about BIKs and all all that guff though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Company Car on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 4957 viewsTIB

The GTD is a good drive and look really smart although I'm still not impressed that a diesel is being marketed alongside the GTi heritage...but that's me being a car geek

I've just ordered an S3 Sportback Black Edition with sunroof, supersport seats and virtual cockpit which I'm hoping to collect Monday...great driving and felt the interior was far superior to both my Polo GTi I'm trading in and the Golf GTi / Golf R's I test drove. The A4 Avant is a good shout, maybe the A3 Saloon also worth a look?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 13:23]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Company Car on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 4950 viewsBluefish

Company Car on 13:02 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

Depends what space you need (and what you like obviously), but for me it would be a no-brainer at that level - Audi A4 avant.

In a similar boat myself, but looking to buy private. Got it narrowed down to Passat estate v an A6 Avant (I need load carrier) - heading towards the Audi as they drive nicer and seem to hold their value better (not as important for you of course).

Don't know about BIKs and all all that guff though.

Let me know if you need help on BIK etc.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Company Car on 13:18 - Mar 16 with 4941 viewsTIB

Company Car on 12:53 - Mar 16 by uefacup81

Under £30k you still get a good range of option. Are there any other stipulations, or is it a case of any general style be acceptable if it fits the criteria you've already given?

Skoda Superb?
Golf R Estate?
Low-end Jag?

The wife has an F-Pace and I'm sure when I took it in for its service recently that Jaguar were doing some great offers on XE's...they as standard start around £28k so with offers on you could probably get an R-Sport model for around £30k ?

Company Car on 13:22 - Mar 16 with 4937 viewssilkcutblue

Alfa Romeo guilleta fantastic drive and looks so much better than the German motors. Build quality not as good but they are reliable now unlike a few years ago. You will have fun and enjoy driving a Alfa. And the money your talking would get you an extremely decent high spec motor. As Mr Clarkson has said you haven't had a car until you've owned an alfa
Company Car on 13:25 - Mar 16 with 4918 viewsMJallday

Company Car on 12:53 - Mar 16 by uefacup81

Skoda Superb?
Golf R Estate?
Low-end Jag?

you might be able to get a 20d 163 entry level xe jag for 28k
an octavia vrs.... 20d - that would be brillant -
golf R estates are about 35-40k last time i looked l
id seriously look at a mondeo - lovely cars to drive.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Company Car on 13:28 - Mar 16 with 4902 viewsMJallday

Company Car on 13:18 - Mar 16 by TIB

The wife has an F-Pace and I'm sure when I took it in for its service recently that Jaguar were doing some great offers on XE's...they as standard start around £28k so with offers on you could probably get an R-Sport model for around £30k ?

My 20d R Sport XE was 42k with options new in july last year. i did a deal and paid just over 30k (on a pre-reg)

its beautiful

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

Company Car on 13:30 - Mar 16 with 4895 viewsTIB

Company Car on 13:22 - Mar 16 by silkcutblue

Alfa Romeo guilleta fantastic drive and looks so much better than the German motors. Build quality not as good but they are reliable now unlike a few years ago. You will have fun and enjoy driving a Alfa. And the money your talking would get you an extremely decent high spec motor. As Mr Clarkson has said you haven't had a car until you've owned an alfa

Which engine have you got Silk? I have been to Alfa twice for a Guilietta...first time left with an Abarth 500...second time with my Polo GTi. Looked again recently, the Misano blue G Sport with carbon pack did look the business...just wished they'd sort the interiors out, specifically the steering wheel which looks like its from a 70's Alfa.

Company Car on 13:32 - Mar 16 with 4886 viewsTIB

Company Car on 13:28 - Mar 16 by MJallday

My 20d R Sport XE was 42k with options new in july last year. i did a deal and paid just over 30k (on a pre-reg)

its beautiful

That blue

Company Car on 13:44 - Mar 16 with 4868 viewssilkcutblue

Company Car on 13:30 - Mar 16 by TIB

Which engine have you got Silk? I have been to Alfa twice for a Guilietta...first time left with an Abarth 500...second time with my Polo GTi. Looked again recently, the Misano blue G Sport with carbon pack did look the business...just wished they'd sort the interiors out, specifically the steering wheel which looks like its from a 70's Alfa.

2L diesel its six years old now 51000 drives like a dream. Would definitely get another and that new blue one looks the nuts 👍love fiat abarth 500s also.
Company Car on 13:49 - Mar 16 with 4850 viewsSwansea_Blue

Company Car on 13:32 - Mar 16 by TIB

That blue

Meanwhile over the border...

Company Car on 13:49 - Mar 16 with 4845 viewsSwansea_Blue

Company Car on 13:14 - Mar 16 by Bluefish

Let me know if you need help on BIK etc.

Ta, but I've never needed to know. Not for cars anyway as I've never had the option of a company car.

Company Car on 14:10 - Mar 16 with 4797 viewsBurwell_Blue

The Jags are coming in too expensive and the Alfa would not be my first choice when doing 15k a year.

A 320 Touring has been mentioned by some of the other chaps in the office that are in the same boat.

My Passat was 24k new, I have no idea what hit I am taking on tax as I took the car on halfway would the lease when I started the company, so I am assume a jump to 28k is not going to put much a dent in my take home.
Company Car on 15:12 - Mar 16 with 4732 viewsTIB

Company Car on 14:10 - Mar 16 by Burwell_Blue

The Jags are coming in too expensive and the Alfa would not be my first choice when doing 15k a year.

A 320 Touring has been mentioned by some of the other chaps in the office that are in the same boat.

My Passat was 24k new, I have no idea what hit I am taking on tax as I took the car on halfway would the lease when I started the company, so I am assume a jump to 28k is not going to put much a dent in my take home.

Alfa's are far better in terms of reliability these days, that goes for both their petrol and diesel engines. Have to admit, if I was older / had kids I'd be getting a Giulia. Alfa is on a big push over the next couple of years to try and catch-up the big German manufacturers on sales so are doing far better offers.

Company Car on 15:16 - Mar 16 with 4723 viewsshoopdelang

In reality you just want to tell every on here you have a company car lol
Company Car on 15:19 - Mar 16 with 4715 viewsSpruceMoose

I got my Audio free off here. Did you?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Company Car on 15:27 - Mar 16 with 4701 viewshype313

Company Car? Is that still going, thought everyone moved onto car allowances?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Company Car on 15:46 - Mar 16 with 4685 viewsgreyhound

We had the gtd. It's a lovely car. Not great for the family but it's fun and and packs a punch. The gte is the best option on the company car route due to tax relief if you go down the performance golf range.
Company Car on 15:58 - Mar 16 with 4653 viewsBluefish

Company Car on 15:27 - Mar 16 by hype313

Company Car? Is that still going, thought everyone moved onto car allowances?

I'd choose a company car over allowance every time

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Company Car on 16:19 - Mar 16 with 4623 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Company Car on 13:22 - Mar 16 by silkcutblue

Every generation of Alfa they say they’re finally reliable now.... never believe it
Company Car on 16:24 - Mar 16 with 4607 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Personally I don’t like any of the boy racer machines mentioned in this thread so far. I would go for either a new Mondeo or a Mazda 6 (which is my current).

The wife would like a F-pace though as her favourite dancehall singJ has one
Company Car on 16:37 - Mar 16 with 4592 viewsBurwell_Blue

Company Car on 15:16 - Mar 16 by shoopdelang

In reality you just want to tell every on here you have a company car lol

Hardly. Don't think for a minute that a CC is a 'free' car, I still have to pay for it.
Company Car on 16:57 - Mar 16 with 4569 viewsrosseden

Company Car on 16:37 - Mar 16 by Burwell_Blue

Hardly. Don't think for a minute that a CC is a 'free' car, I still have to pay for it.

comcar is a great website to work out costs, also the leasing companies have some handy tools when ordering too.

Ive just been through the process, ended up with an A5 Sline Stronic. Went through BMW, Audi, Merc ranges, looked at all the costs etc, built a geeky spreadsheet to do full 4 year costings, and plumped for the A5 in the end. Enough room for the dogs in the boot etc and a nice car to be in, A4 avant and A6 avant were nice too, spec on a6 wasnt as nice, and preferred the A5 to the A4 when driving. BMW was a nice place to be too, but the Mercs really werent great tbh.

message me if you want the geeky spreadsheet

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Company Car on 17:02 - Mar 16 with 4564 viewsNo9

Company Car on 16:19 - Mar 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

Every generation of Alfa they say they’re finally reliable now.... never believe it

One of the most reliable cars I've eve had was an Alfa, far more reliable than any Henry I have had

Just need to be serviced by people who know what they are doing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024