Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Pardew 16:33 - Mar 12 with 7378 viewsitfcjoe

Not sure why he is considered such a bad manager here, that he'd be worse than Mick etc.

I'm not his biggest fan, but fact he still got a job in the PL this season shows he is still pretty highly rated - although this spell at WBA has been awful.

He's hardly in the Megson category though, is he?!

He's a great dancer too.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Alan Pardew on 16:36 - Mar 12 with 4678 viewsFinidiCentenary

He's another manager that I feel has gone stale.

No disputing that in the 5 or 6 jobs he's been in he has had success but he's another one that is heading down the Jewell route of the more recent performances suggesting that he's on the decline.

Perhaps some managers just put in less effort and detail when they have been in the business a while? I don't know. But Pardew strikes me as someone who was a decent manager that is in that pool of managers that will keep getting jobs because he's done alright in the past.

I'd say there are 5-10 managers at clubs lower in the league structure than us that I'd take over Pardew.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Alan Pardew on 16:37 - Mar 12 with 4671 viewsgeorgeitfc

Similar mold of manager as McCarthy, negative football and ultimately aims to keep clubs up rather than an attacking minded manager who gets wins.

BIG TC
Poll: Mick...

Alan Pardew on 16:39 - Mar 12 with 4650 viewschicoazul

Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, Redknapp. All peas from the same Judge me on Results pod who despise the supporters of their club and always blame everyone else. And there is nothing wrong with judging on results but the trouble is, as soon as results turn (as they inevitably will unless you are Allegri), you are left with nothing and you have no bank of goodwill with fans to call on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Alan Pardew on 16:40 - Mar 12 with 4643 viewslongtimefan

Given many of our fans think MM is unfit to be our Manager because he swears, I’m not sure a Manager who feels he can push an assistant referee to the ground should be anywhere near the frame.
Alan Pardew on 16:41 - Mar 12 with 4642 viewsitfcjoe

Alan Pardew on 16:37 - Mar 12 by georgeitfc

Similar mold of manager as McCarthy, negative football and ultimately aims to keep clubs up rather than an attacking minded manager who gets wins.

I'm not convinced that's true from his sides at this level, or in the league above - he's generally set sides up to play decent football

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Alan Pardew on 16:41 - Mar 12 with 4635 viewsSomethingBlue

Alan Pardew on 16:37 - Mar 12 by georgeitfc

Quite the reverse — if anything Pardew's sides have sometimes been too naive.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Alan Pardew on 16:41 - Mar 12 with 4631 viewsLord_Lucan

I'd take TractorGirl at the moment with Haverhill#1 as assistant.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Alan Pardew on 16:42 - Mar 12 with 4622 viewshomer_123

Alan Pardew on 16:41 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

I'd take TractorGirl at the moment with Haverhill#1 as assistant.

[spits tea out]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Pardew on 16:43 - Mar 12 with 4618 viewshomer_123

Alan Pardew on 16:41 - Mar 12 by SomethingBlue

Quite the reverse — if anything Pardew's sides have sometimes been too naive.

He's certainly more Jewell than Keane.

Alan Pardew on 16:43 - Mar 12 with 4617 viewswkj

You are usually well deliberated on your thoughts, but Pardew is a manager who has more failings than successes. In my opinion he is very out of touch and still living on past glories. I hope we never have him as a manager.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Alan Pardew on 16:44 - Mar 12 with 4615 viewshomer_123

The reality is that he or someone of his ilk will like be the next appointment.

It would be all be a it Meh wouldn't it.

Alan Pardew on 16:45 - Mar 12 with 4613 viewsParisBlue

Alan Pardew on 16:36 - Mar 12 by FinidiCentenary

He's another manager that I feel has gone stale.

No disputing that in the 5 or 6 jobs he's been in he has had success but he's another one that is heading down the Jewell route of the more recent performances suggesting that he's on the decline.

Perhaps some managers just put in less effort and detail when they have been in the business a while? I don't know. But Pardew strikes me as someone who was a decent manager that is in that pool of managers that will keep getting jobs because he's done alright in the past.

I'd say there are 5-10 managers at clubs lower in the league structure than us that I'd take over Pardew.

Bristol Rovers are getting some decent results again after struggling earlier in the season. I wonder how appealing we’d be to the likes of Darrell Clarke though.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Alan Pardew on 16:47 - Mar 12 with 4606 viewsgeorgeitfc

Alan Pardew on 16:41 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

I'm not convinced that's true from his sides at this level, or in the league above - he's generally set sides up to play decent football

I think he's arrogant too, very similar to McCarthy. I'd personally much rather a younger manager who's a bit more in touch with modern football i.e Paul Cook!

BIG TC

Alan Pardew on 16:51 - Mar 12 with 4577 viewsSomethingBlue

Alan Pardew on 16:45 - Mar 12 by ParisBlue

Bristol Rovers are getting some decent results again after struggling earlier in the season. I wonder how appealing we’d be to the likes of Darrell Clarke though.

We would be very appealing to someone like Darrell Clarke.

Alan Pardew on 16:56 - Mar 12 with 4556 viewsLord_Lucan

Alan Pardew on 16:51 - Mar 12 by SomethingBlue

We would be very appealing to someone like Darrell Clarke.

With Marcus Stewart?

Would we even have him on our radar though, that is what is even more depressing I think.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Alan Pardew on 16:57 - Mar 12 with 4552 viewsgeorgeitfc

Another manager worth noting is Mowbray. Former player, did a great job at Coventry who have struggled since and currently top of league 1 with Blackburn.

BIG TC

Alan Pardew on 16:59 - Mar 12 with 4535 viewsNazemariner

I have met him in person.

The man is a grade A pr1ck!
Alan Pardew on 17:00 - Mar 12 with 4527 viewsMullet

He's a proper cockwomble.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Alan Pardew on 17:00 - Mar 12 with 4530 viewsSomethingBlue

Alan Pardew on 16:56 - Mar 12 by Lord_Lucan

With Marcus Stewart?

Would we even have him on our radar though, that is what is even more depressing I think.

It did interest me mildly a few months ago that Milne mentioned, in a throwaway fashion, that he'd been chatting to the Bristol Rovers owner (context was Kieffer Moore popping up in conversation). That in itself means nothing but people in football do talk to each other all the time, and probably more widely than fans think — they'll know about Clarke, it just depends whether he's the kind of guy they want ...

Alan Pardew on 17:05 - Mar 12 with 4501 viewsSuperfrans

The problem with this entire discussion is that everyone already has pre-conceived opinons about anyone established or experienced - and I must admit I detest Pardew. That would be the ultimate nightmare for me.

The flipside is that everyone seems to gravitate to unknown names, precisely because they don't know anything they don't like about them. The number of people throwing around names like Steijn, Clarke, Cook etc without really knowing anything about any of them is crazy. Thankfully, I don't expect Evans will take such risks.

But the next manager is no guarantee of any kind of surge in season ticket sales.

Who we get will depend a lot on whether the likes of McLaren, Warburton, Pearson, and their ilk are in jobs by then.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Alan Pardew on 17:12 - Mar 12 with 4466 viewsfooters

Alan Pardew on 16:59 - Mar 12 by Nazemariner

I have met him in person.

The man is a grade A pr1ck!

Ditto.

And I've heard a lot from his time in Newcastle too. V unsavoury character.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Alan Pardew on 17:18 - Mar 12 with 4440 viewsSuperfrans

Alan Pardew on 17:00 - Mar 12 by SomethingBlue

It did interest me mildly a few months ago that Milne mentioned, in a throwaway fashion, that he'd been chatting to the Bristol Rovers owner (context was Kieffer Moore popping up in conversation). That in itself means nothing but people in football do talk to each other all the time, and probably more widely than fans think — they'll know about Clarke, it just depends whether he's the kind of guy they want ...

If Milne has spoken to him, there is no way Clarke is coming to Portman Road.

Alan Pardew on 17:18 - Mar 12 with 4438 viewsSomethingBlue

Alan Pardew on 17:18 - Mar 12 by Superfrans

If Milne has spoken to him, there is no way Clarke is coming to Portman Road.

Haha. Milne is clearly a nice bloke and his heart is in the right place — but he comes across as a bit of a blunderer with it.

Alan Pardew on 17:28 - Mar 12 with 4397 viewsSuperfrans

Alan Pardew on 17:18 - Mar 12 by SomethingBlue

Haha. Milne is clearly a nice bloke and his heart is in the right place — but he comes across as a bit of a blunderer with it.

You are being very generous. But I admire that. ;-)

on 17:29 - Mar 12 with 4398 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024