Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
System for Cardiff - 12:29 - Feb 19 with 2391 viewsCurrie10

MEH, we can talk about Nodge until we're blue in the face / cows come home or both.

Next up, we entertain Cardiff.

System seemed to work very well first half until everyone was shattered.

Would you stick with this or revert back to 4 at the back / other variations?

I was quite happy with the first 45 and may be tempted to give it another go depending on players fitness etc!?
System for Cardiff - on 12:53 - Feb 19 with 2349 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Playing 5 at the back with the same midfield 3 might not go down very well.

Cardiff are pretty direct with some quick attacking player, I would stick with the same system but swap Gleeson for Celina.

Give Webster every chance to bring the ball out of the back rather than hoofing straight back to the Cardiff lumps at the back.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

System for Cardiff - on 13:18 - Feb 19 with 2316 viewsNazemariner

It's a tricky one for me. The three of Chambo, CCV and Webster looked good, but Iorfa and Knudsen are poor average at best when playing wing back. We also don't have a central play maker to make use of the width created by this formation.

4-3-3 for me, with wingers out wide rather than strikers.

Bart

Knudsen
Webster
CCV
Chambers

Conolly
Skuse
Gleeson

Ward
Garner
Celina
System for Cardiff - on 13:25 - Feb 19 with 2308 viewsHerbivore

The system worked in terms of matching them up and making life hard for them but that's as far as it goes. I don't think we really have the players for three at the back, we don't have decent, natural wing backs and the midfield has no goals and limited creativity in it. I prefer us playing a back 4 and having two holding midfielders to enable us to have four attacking options in the side. It's not always worked this season but it's the best system available to us with the players we have available.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

System for Cardiff - on 15:09 - Feb 19 with 2255 viewsBluefish

5 a the back suited us but not sure wevhave enough creativity forbitbat home
I'd go with

Bart
Spence chambers ccv Knudsen
Skuse Connolly
Ward waghorn Celina
Garner

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

System for Cardiff - on 15:14 - Feb 19 with 2245 viewsDyland

Glad I won't be going. And not sure I'll get to too many of the March home game at that.

The turgid football only beaten in the sh1te stakes by our moronic melt fans.

I'm comforted by the fact we've been here before plenty of times, and the club has survived.

ITFC is far bigger than all the warring factions.

There's a Viz strip in here somewhere, or maybe an epic poem...

Meg, Mick, and the Melts.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

System for Cardiff - on 17:09 - Feb 19 with 2165 viewsbraveblue

Not sure the back 8 formation will bring the fans back or help our dreadful scoring record over the past dozen games. But I suspect that is what will happen.
System for Cardiff - on 17:24 - Feb 19 with 2139 viewsblue75

I think we all know Mick will pick his team to stop Cardiff playing. If it works 1st half as did at Naaridge we can’t sit back deeper 2nd half and try to hang on like against Naaridge and Burto. If players aren’t fit enough to play 90 mins at this stage of the season there must be something wrong with training.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

System for Cardiff - on 17:58 - Feb 19 with 2086 viewscbower

One thing for sure, I would not have McGoldrick starting. He looked lethargic and even more one paced than normal. Since coming back after the Sheff Wed injury he has been stealing money.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

System for Cardiff - on 19:16 - Feb 19 with 2024 viewsHerbivore

System for Cardiff - on 17:09 - Feb 19 by braveblue

Not sure the back 8 formation will bring the fans back or help our dreadful scoring record over the past dozen games. But I suspect that is what will happen.

Back 8? Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

System for Cardiff - on 19:34 - Feb 19 with 2000 viewsjas0999

Would you play two attacking players at home?

Dearly me. We should be playing an attack minded formation. Getting at them from minute one. AT HOME.
System for Cardiff - on 19:37 - Feb 19 with 1991 viewspointofblue

We're at home but against a good side so it's a tough choice. Personally I don't think we can play a wing back system again - I think Cardiff like fielding wide men and we'd be horribly exposed using that method.

I'd probably return to a 4-2-3-1 formation:

Bialkowski, Spence, Chambers, Carter-Vickers, Knudsen, Skuse, Connolly, Carayol, Waghorn, Celina, Garner

That AM position is difficult because McGoldrick should be the better option in that position than Waghorn but he really isn't at the races at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024