Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How has Webster escaped criticism? 16:23 - Feb 19 with 2589 viewsFinidiCentenary

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its helpful to criticise him per se, but I have seen plenty of people blaming Bart (most accepting he kept us in it before that anyway) but nobody do likewise with Webster.

Webster stood there with his hand up, didn't bother running and Bart tried to get there when he realised the defender wasn't doing his job. He then, correctly, tried to get back to his goal when it was obviously he couldn't get there before Hanley.

If anything it was great alertness by Bart to try and make it by not just assuming his defender would deal. Like I say I don't want Webster hammered for it, but it was poor on his part and I'm amazed people genuinely saw that as Bart's error somehow.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 16:26 - Feb 19 with 2555 viewsITFC_Forever

Webster could have blocked the cross as well.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 16:27 - Feb 19 with 2549 viewsTractorJack

Agree he was far more at fault than Bart or Knudsen. Don't know whether he thought there was an offside or just assumed it was going out of play but it was criminal to switch off like that.
How has Webster escaped criticism? on 16:35 - Feb 19 with 2496 viewsRobTheMonk

In my opinion, Bart was a victim of others mistakes which caused him to make a mistake; he obviously felt he go to because of no one else doing anything.
How has Webster escaped criticism? on 17:03 - Feb 19 with 2412 viewsSuperfrans

Said this earlier. had Webster chased Hanley (I think) down, he might not even have got in the cross, or could have resulted in a corner.

After the match, Webster was on the floor. I think he realised he could have prevented it.

That said, he was otherwise excellent. Really good performance from him (and Chambers and Carter-Vickers).

One other thing - Bart didn't need to chase the player down, if he'd stayed in the 6 yard box, Webster would have chased Hanley down and, even if not, Hanley wouldn't have done anything different.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 17:04]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 17:05 - Feb 19 with 2393 viewsHopelessRomantic

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 17:03 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

Said this earlier. had Webster chased Hanley (I think) down, he might not even have got in the cross, or could have resulted in a corner.

After the match, Webster was on the floor. I think he realised he could have prevented it.

That said, he was otherwise excellent. Really good performance from him (and Chambers and Carter-Vickers).

One other thing - Bart didn't need to chase the player down, if he'd stayed in the 6 yard box, Webster would have chased Hanley down and, even if not, Hanley wouldn't have done anything different.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 17:04]

Also could webbo have got there first if he reacted quick enough and seen it out of play?

Still a lot to learn does Webster.
How has Webster escaped criticism? on 17:08 - Feb 19 with 2377 viewsSuperfrans

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 17:05 - Feb 19 by HopelessRomantic

Also could webbo have got there first if he reacted quick enough and seen it out of play?

Still a lot to learn does Webster.

Very possibly. Can we stop though. This is making feel sick.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 17:14 - Feb 19 with 2359 viewsHopelessRomantic

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 17:08 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

Very possibly. Can we stop though. This is making feel sick.

I know fine margins allowing them to celebrate a 1-1 like they'd actually won something for once.
How has Webster escaped criticism? on 19:12 - Feb 19 with 2137 viewsacj

On the money, if Webster had stayed awake then that goal just wouldn't have happened.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Login to get fewer ads

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 19:15 - Feb 19 with 2125 viewslongtimefan

How has Webster escaped criticism? on 16:35 - Feb 19 by RobTheMonk

In my opinion, Bart was a victim of others mistakes which caused him to make a mistake; he obviously felt he go to because of no one else doing anything.

I’d agree with that, but having raced out he should have just taking Hanley out to stop the cross.
How has Webster escaped criticism? on 19:41 - Feb 19 with 2070 viewsManchesterblue

Spence got fouled outside the box with 2 minutes to go and got straight back up, we as a team are not clever enough, he should have stayed down, got the trainer on and would have seen the game out,

Other teams come to PR and manage it FFS.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024