Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would get better attendances if relegated 22:56 - Feb 11 with 7145 viewsrhubard

To league 1.....discuss

Poll: Worst ITFC manager of all time?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 22:57 - Feb 11 with 6183 viewspointofblue

Depends how we do in League One. If we do a Manchester City/Wolves/Norwich/Southampton and bounce back then yes, because fans like following 'success'.

If we fall through the division like Oldham/Swindon/Luton/Bury and end up in the bottom half or relegated then no, the attendances will continue to decline.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 23:02 - Feb 11 with 6173 viewsrhubard

The only season ticket holders that we have after 17 years are the sad cases that would renew if we were non-league. Add that the fans that would come back if we were winning matches and playing attractive football post Mick....It’s not as though we’d be losing any parachute payment from the championship either

Poll: Worst ITFC manager of all time?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 08:54 - Feb 12 with 5967 viewsNo9

A high risk strategy but if Town did drop down, release all the journeymen and play a very young enthusiastic line up mainly (if not exclusively) from the academy and it was a attractive to watch I am sure a lot more people would be satisfied and that would potentially swell attendances if not fill the ground.

The only sure thing is that under the present way things are attendances will only fall further
We would get better attendances if relegated on 08:55 - Feb 12 with 5961 viewsNumber_Nine

We would get better attendances if relegated on 08:54 - Feb 12 by No9

A high risk strategy but if Town did drop down, release all the journeymen and play a very young enthusiastic line up mainly (if not exclusively) from the academy and it was a attractive to watch I am sure a lot more people would be satisfied and that would potentially swell attendances if not fill the ground.

The only sure thing is that under the present way things are attendances will only fall further

Agree

2∞&→ Science gives me a hadron
Poll: Best Pink Floyd File

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:13 - Feb 12 with 5929 viewsartsbossbeard

We would get better attendances if relegated on 23:02 - Feb 11 by rhubard

The only season ticket holders that we have after 17 years are the sad cases that would renew if we were non-league. Add that the fans that would come back if we were winning matches and playing attractive football post Mick....It’s not as though we’d be losing any parachute payment from the championship either

Sad cases? Last time I looked Coventry, Bradford & Portsmouth all have season ticket holders. Conversely, I judge the ones on here begging for Norwich tickets the sad cases.

"We all follow the Ipswich over land & sea. And Norwich!*"

*Caveat: Only if things go how I want them to go but I'm a real supporter, honestly. Ask my Mum.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:15 - Feb 12 with 5916 viewschicoazul

Depends on how we do. If we start to win 5 or 6 games on the bounce then almost certainly yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:20 - Feb 12 with 5895 viewsSteve_M

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:15 - Feb 12 by chicoazul

Depends on how we do. If we start to win 5 or 6 games on the bounce then almost certainly yes.

What if we did that but MM was still manager??

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:21 - Feb 12 with 5892 viewstextbackup

Who’s the manager?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:33 - Feb 12 with 5854 viewsITFC_Forever

There is absolutely no way, in any shape or form, that relegation would be good for us.

I can't believe people are seriously considering it.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:46 - Feb 12 with 5829 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Lower crowds would mean Evans would save money on less staff on matchdays and less food and drink to purchase for fans.

But don't worry Milne says they are looking at it ready to do something for next season.
Just like a year ago when Evans ignored everybody and stuck the prices up.

Oh happy days.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 5818 viewsBarneycurley

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:13 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Sad cases? Last time I looked Coventry, Bradford & Portsmouth all have season ticket holders. Conversely, I judge the ones on here begging for Norwich tickets the sad cases.

"We all follow the Ipswich over land & sea. And Norwich!*"

*Caveat: Only if things go how I want them to go but I'm a real supporter, honestly. Ask my Mum.

So smug

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:03 - Feb 12 with 5783 viewsartsbossbeard

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:48 - Feb 12 by Barneycurley

So smug

See you at Norwich, Preston & Sheff Wed (a).

You can buy me a beer.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:12 - Feb 12 with 5752 viewsitfcjoe

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:03 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

You can buy me a beer.

My favourite 'fans' are the one who think they are martyrs for choosing to not go to football and do something else with their time and money

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 5737 viewsBarneycurley

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:03 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

You can buy me a beer.

And a him. Will send you a link to some nice ones I've been trying. Might even meet your tastes
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 10:23]

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 5736 viewsartsbossbeard

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:12 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

My favourite 'fans' are the one who think they are martyrs for choosing to not go to football and do something else with their time and money

Yep.

One of this bunch was saying yesterday that we should boycott Town games, which kinda makes it a bit difficult if you don't actually go in the first place. Do you then boycott the boycott?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:16 - Feb 12 with 5729 viewsPJH

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:15 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Yep.

One of this bunch was saying yesterday that we should boycott Town games, which kinda makes it a bit difficult if you don't actually go in the first place. Do you then boycott the boycott?

Might mean not switch the radio on.
We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 5704 viewsitfcjoe

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:15 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Yep.

The first step is admitting to themselves that they no longer go only because they don't want to - not as some point of principle - because if we were doing well they would come back.

It's fine not to do stuff if you don't want to, they need to know this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 10:38 - Feb 12 with 5651 viewschurchmantom

We would get better attendances if relegated on 22:57 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

Depends how we do in League One. If we do a Manchester City/Wolves/Norwich/Southampton and bounce back then yes, because fans like following 'success'.

If we fall through the division like Oldham/Swindon/Luton/Bury and end up in the bottom half or relegated then no, the attendances will continue to decline.

I have had a season ticket on and off for 25years
So to be called sad is pretty poor as I support the team thru thick and thin
I give stick when needed and feel that is time for change as far as the management is concerned
And am probably 60/40 that I won’t renew next season and as this is my 50 th year as a supporter
I feel that my time is up as a fan because I just don’t enjoy it anymore but just because I put my hand in my pocket every March doesn’t make me SAD !!!!.
We would get better attendances if relegated on 11:04 - Feb 12 with 5606 viewsGuthrum

The average attendance across League One this season is 7,576.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 11:04]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We would get better attendances if relegated on 11:05 - Feb 12 with 5595 viewsGuthrum

We would get better attendances if relegated on 09:33 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

There is absolutely no way, in any shape or form, that relegation would be good for us.

I can't believe people are seriously considering it.

How many times does this need to be said?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 11:12 - Feb 12 with 5576 viewsGuthrum

We would get better attendances if relegated on 23:02 - Feb 11 by rhubard

Who says we would be 'winning matches and playing attractive football' in League One, given we'd have lost most of our best players and the Youth will get injured being bullied by big, tough forwards?

And I don't like hearing our most dedicated fans, who feel so strongly about our club that they can't keep away even in bad times, described as 'sad cases'. Surely a fickle chasing of success and throwing tantrums when not is far sadder?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 11:16 - Feb 12 with 5555 viewsBluebell

We would get better attendances if relegated on 11:12 - Feb 12 by Guthrum

Who says we would be 'winning matches and playing attractive football' in League One, given we'd have lost most of our best players and the Youth will get injured being bullied by big, tough forwards?

And I don't like hearing our most dedicated fans, who feel so strongly about our club that they can't keep away even in bad times, described as 'sad cases'. Surely a fickle chasing of success and throwing tantrums when not is far sadder?

This!

Why should fans who have been supporting Ipswich Town through good and bad suddenly decide they have had enough? It is the football team some of us support not the manager nor the owner.

Yes, we all want to see our team winning every time we go to a game but that has always been unrealistic and we have to take the rough with the smooth.

Even Prem teams don't win every game!

No way do I want my team to be relegated.
We would get better attendances if relegated on 11:40 - Feb 12 with 5510 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not if we are mid table and playing poor football.

I don't think we should suppose that we would be a cut above the rest in that league. We thought that about the Championship when we came down from the Premier league and look how that has worked out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We would get better attendances if relegated on 16:39 - Feb 12 with 5321 viewsWadeyBlue

Relegation is a terrible thing for everyone. If we want to rebuild or play the youngsters do it in the current division. Relegation would seriously hurt us and put us back years. We've only just become a stable mid table championship team again after the keane/jewell debacle/damage.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

We would get better attendances if relegated on 16:44 - Feb 12 with 5309 viewsblueblood66

If we were winnin playing attacking football our gates would be better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024