Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Cowley is the one 15:22 - Feb 7 with 5105 viewsbenno1uk

I just feel it in my bones. He's the one for us.
Danny Cowley is the one on 15:24 - Feb 7 with 3690 viewsartsbossbeard

*buys neck support*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:25 - Feb 7 with 3677 viewsSwailsey

I hope not.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:26 - Feb 7 with 3674 viewsKieran_Knows

I could just about put up with him, although he wouldn't be my first choice.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:26 - Feb 7 with 3667 viewsPJH

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:25 - Feb 7 by Swailsey

I hope not.

I think he is waiting for the Real Madrid job to become vacant.
Danny Cowley is the one on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 3642 viewshorsehollerer

Hooooooooooofffff 2.0

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:33 - Feb 7 with 3626 viewsbenno1uk

I saw the 2nd half of the game against Chelsea U21s last night. It was exciting stuff. Yes there was a bit of long ball action, but there was also some great strong good old-fashioned attacking football.

Bearing in mind Lincoln were playing against some up-and-coming potential superstars, I thought they fought and battled hard. The cossetted Chelsea players didn't seem to know how to react to their tough, hard-working opponents.

It was a bit like watching a McCarthy team with imagination (some of the set piece situations showed great planning and originality) and attacking oomph.

Plus it's clear that Cowley is bright and eager to learn. With a step up in player quality I think he could adapt his style accordingly.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 15:34]
Danny Cowley is the one on 15:47 - Feb 7 with 3552 viewsartsbossbeard

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:33 - Feb 7 by benno1uk

I saw the 2nd half of the game against Chelsea U21s last night. It was exciting stuff. Yes there was a bit of long ball action, but there was also some great strong good old-fashioned attacking football.

Bearing in mind Lincoln were playing against some up-and-coming potential superstars, I thought they fought and battled hard. The cossetted Chelsea players didn't seem to know how to react to their tough, hard-working opponents.

It was a bit like watching a McCarthy team with imagination (some of the set piece situations showed great planning and originality) and attacking oomph.

Plus it's clear that Cowley is bright and eager to learn. With a step up in player quality I think he could adapt his style accordingly.

At the end of the day it boils down to a ball in the box for a big man to head in or nod on to someone.

What's Murphy up to these days?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:50 - Feb 7 with 3557 viewsitfcjoe

They are doing an excellent job of which there is no doubt, but everytime I watch them they are just a big physical side, who run hard and battle hard and like to get the ball wide and then into the box.

They play such a direct style of football, and they do so very well - and when DC talks I think he breaks down the game very effectively and they certainly have something about them with regards to man management etc, but they are not players of pretty football. It is a very old school British method and they are just a bit fresher than Mick rather than being anything different

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:56 - Feb 7 with 3517 viewshorsehollerer

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:47 - Feb 7 by artsbossbeard

At the end of the day it boils down to a ball in the box for a big man to head in or nod on to someone.

What's Murphy up to these days?

We could put in a summer bid for that really tall CF at Barnsley

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:57 - Feb 7 with 3505 viewsReuser_is_God

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:24 - Feb 7 by artsbossbeard

*buys neck support*

You needn’t bother, I doubt Mick will want the one he gave you back.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:59 - Feb 7 with 3498 viewsbenno1uk

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:50 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

They are doing an excellent job of which there is no doubt, but everytime I watch them they are just a big physical side, who run hard and battle hard and like to get the ball wide and then into the box.

They play such a direct style of football, and they do so very well - and when DC talks I think he breaks down the game very effectively and they certainly have something about them with regards to man management etc, but they are not players of pretty football. It is a very old school British method and they are just a bit fresher than Mick rather than being anything different

Maybe that's what it is. He's like a younger, hungrier, less negative McCarthy.

Sounds ideal to me.
Danny Cowley is the one on 16:12 - Feb 7 with 3453 viewschristiand

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:59 - Feb 7 by benno1uk

Maybe that's what it is. He's like a younger, hungrier, less negative McCarthy.

Sounds ideal to me.

They are Wimbledon from 25 years ago. A big, well organised side who play a very direct style. No doubt the Cowley brothers have done a terrific job at Lincoln City, but if we are going to progress they are not the answer.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:14 - Feb 7 with 3438 viewsartsbossbeard

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:57 - Feb 7 by Reuser_is_God

You needn’t bother, I doubt Mick will want the one he gave you back.

Didn't need it at all on Saturday AND I'd go as far as to say we don't really hoof it this season, it's a bit of a myth.

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:16 - Feb 7 with 3420 viewsartsbossbeard

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:12 - Feb 7 by christiand

They are Wimbledon from 25 years ago. A big, well organised side who play a very direct style. No doubt the Cowley brothers have done a terrific job at Lincoln City, but if we are going to progress they are not the answer.

But if this style brings results and play offs/promotion, that's progress isn't it?

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:17 - Feb 7 with 3413 viewsbraveblue

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:14 - Feb 7 by artsbossbeard

Didn't need it at all on Saturday AND I'd go as far as to say we don't really hoof it this season, it's a bit of a myth.

Myth? Stats don’t lie.
Danny Cowley is the one on 16:18 - Feb 7 with 3410 viewsSteve_M

Danny Cowley is the one on 15:33 - Feb 7 by benno1uk

There's been plenty of imagination about our set pieces this season. It's almost like that having more inventive players allows us to try more things.

So, Cowley is just a younger, less-jaded manager without the improvement in style of football so many claim to have been hankering for.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:19 - Feb 7 with 3396 viewsartsbossbeard

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:17 - Feb 7 by braveblue

Myth? Stats don’t lie.

I've not seen the Hoof stats, can you provide, please?

I'll wait.

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:19 - Feb 7 with 3399 viewsbenno1uk

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:12 - Feb 7 by christiand

Well it was effective against a bunch of over-preened, over-paid, over-pampered 'starlets' last night. I enjoyed it.
Danny Cowley is the one on 16:22 - Feb 7 with 3382 viewsReuser_is_God

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:14 - Feb 7 by artsbossbeard

Agree, of the 5 games I’ve seen this season we’ve not played much hoofball.

Although one of those games was Fulham at home & im not sure we even got a touch.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 3377 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:19 - Feb 7 by benno1uk

Well it was effective against a bunch of over-preened, over-paid, over-pampered 'starlets' last night. I enjoyed it.

That was basically Chelsea's U18 team, that they drew with them is a bit of an embarrassment really

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:25 - Feb 7 with 3360 viewsitfcjoe

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:18 - Feb 7 by Steve_M

There's been plenty of imagination about our set pieces this season. It's almost like that having more inventive players allows us to try more things.

So, Cowley is just a younger, less-jaded manager without the improvement in style of football so many claim to have been hankering for.

Cowley definitely has something about him, I like the cut of his gib - but anyone can see that they are so direct with a couple of real bullies and thugs in their line up.

It works at that level, but I think it has a ceiling.

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:28 - Feb 7 with 3341 viewsbenno1uk

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:25 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

Cowley definitely has something about him, I like the cut of his gib - but anyone can see that they are so direct with a couple of real bullies and thugs in their line up.

Hang on - I thought you knew what you were talking about until I saw the thread where you wanted Tim Sherwood as manager.
Danny Cowley is the one on 16:29 - Feb 7 with 3333 viewsGuthrum

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:16 - Feb 7 by artsbossbeard

But if this style brings results and play offs/promotion, that's progress isn't it?

Won't bring the pretty style some are demanding. It may also not prove all that effective against some of the more skilled footballing sides on a weekly League basis (high-adrenaline underdog cup games are a bit different).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:29 - Feb 7 with 3339 viewsITFC_Forever

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:25 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

Not excusing our performance there in the replay last season, but straight from the off it was clear their initial plan was to gain the upper-hand physically.... Lawrence in particular was on the receiving end of some very rough challenges early on, and I seem to remember Rhead sticking an elbow on someone (possibly Berra) as well.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 17:07]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:32 - Feb 7 with 3320 viewsPJH

Danny Cowley is the one on 16:19 - Feb 7 by benno1uk

Exactly what you play against every game in The Championship....not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024