Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Jerome to Derby 13:12 - Jan 16 with 12516 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Let the fire sale continue!
Alex Pritchard? (n/t) on 14:31 - Jan 16 with 3967 viewsArnieM

Alex Pritchard? (n/t) on 13:41 - Jan 16 by Bloots

[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 13:42]

...soon to be also Mr Maddison?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 14:43 - Jan 16 with 3951 views524hudson

Not to mention James Maddison to Tottenham for 20mil.
The level of cash flow they have generated could save them.

"More knowledge is passed by the reading of books than at times the spoken word" Some pissed chap at my local.

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 14:56 - Jan 16 with 3916 viewshype313

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 13:18 - Jan 16 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Jerome isn't sh!te.

Er yes he is.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:34 - Jan 16 with 3878 viewsmonty_radio

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 13:30 - Jan 16 by Fixed_It

Damn - what a waste of a good pantomime villain.

Oh no, it isn't!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:36 - Jan 16 with 3876 viewsBlueNomad

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:34 - Jan 16 by monty_radio

Oh no, it isn't!

We have shouted at our defence "he's behind you!"
Alex Pritchard? (n/t) on 15:36 - Jan 16 with 3875 viewsmonty_radio

Alex Pritchard? (n/t) on 13:45 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

Always injured and balding

How can you pour scorn on the heritage of Bill Punton?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:37 - Jan 16 with 3872 viewsNo9

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 13:32 - Jan 16 by PhilTWTD

Funnily enough, I'm sure it was Gary Rowett who said when he was down here that adding to your squad in January can sometimes have a detrimental effect, Rodney Marsh Syndrome as it's otherwise known. If it wasn't him I apologise but a manager did recently say that post-match down here.

Please remind us of the Rodney (Sodney) syndrome Phil
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:40 - Jan 16 with 3861 viewsBlueNomad

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:37 - Jan 16 by No9

Man City were walking the League in 1972. Marsh was signed (£200,000!!) in about February / March as the embellishment. It all fell apart from there.
Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:46 - Jan 16 with 3847 viewsPhilTWTD

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:37 - Jan 16 by No9

Slightly before my time, Man City were on the way to winning the league under Malcolm Allison and added Rodney Marsh, then one of the top players in England, to their squad for the closing months. His addition disrupted the balance of their side and they failed to take the title. Or so the no-doubt-mythologised tale goes anyway.
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:47 - Jan 16 with 3840 viewsPhilTWTD

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:40 - Jan 16 by BlueNomad

Man City were walking the League in 1972. Marsh was signed (£200,000!!) in about February / March as the embellishment. It all fell apart from there.

I probably should have looked more closely before adding my response!
Not surprised really..... on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 3825 viewsBloots

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:46 - Jan 16 by PhilTWTD

Slightly before my time, Man City were on the way to winning the league under Malcolm Allison and added Rodney Marsh, then one of the top players in England, to their squad for the closing months. His addition disrupted the balance of their side and they failed to take the title. Or so the no-doubt-mythologised tale goes anyway.

....adding an Australian wicket keeper with a preposterous moustache to the squad was hardly going to help.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:51 - Jan 16 with 3827 viewstheblueginger

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 13:48 - Jan 16 by PhilTWTD

That would rather make the decision for them, but regardless of concerns about upsetting the balance of the squad managers always think they're one or two players short. Mick made similar comments in 2014/15 but still brought in Freddie Sears and had a fee agreed for Billy Sharp, wisely as it turned out given McGoldrick's injury.

Fee agreed for Sharp? In that case, why did we not go through with the sale? Was it a case of feeling he wasn't required once Sears arrived or the player not agreeing on personal terms?

Always rated Sharp as a goalscorer and felt he would have done well under MM
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 16:06 - Jan 16 with 3807 viewsPJH

That's about right.

Similar with Newcastle and Tino Asprilla.
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 16:15 - Jan 16 with 3794 viewsPhilTWTD

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:51 - Jan 16 by theblueginger

Fee agreed for Sharp? In that case, why did we not go through with the sale? Was it a case of feeling he wasn't required once Sears arrived or the player not agreeing on personal terms?

Always rated Sharp as a goalscorer and felt he would have done well under MM

Actually remembered that slightly wrong, Leeds had agreed to allow him to join on loan but he opted not to move as he didn't think he'd play:

Sharp: Leeds Said I Could Join Town 2nd Feb 2015 09:21
Leeds United striker Billy Sharp has revealed that the Whites were willing to allow him to join the Blues when Town made a loan approach for him last month. 33

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 16:35 - Jan 16 with 3743 viewsNo9

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 15:40 - Jan 16 by BlueNomad

Ta!
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 16:36 - Jan 16 with 3745 viewsNo9

Ta!
I recall at PR before a Town QPR game some wag in the crawd asked for a record for Rodney Marsh - "Your a Judy in disguise"
Wouldn't get away with that nowadays
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 16:52 - Jan 16 with 3714 viewsPhilTWTD

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 16:36 - Jan 16 by No9

Ta!
I recall at PR before a Town QPR game some wag in the crawd asked for a record for Rodney Marsh - "Your a Judy in disguise"
Wouldn't get away with that nowadays

I think I've heard the story and it was the PA announcer who dedicated it to him and he was apparently visibly annoyed by it!
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 16:55 - Jan 16 with 3705 viewsRadlett_blue

Not particularly appropriate, given Norwich City's proud history under Bobby Chase.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 17:01 - Jan 16 with 3693 viewsmanchego

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 13:39 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

Looks like the getting-rid-of-the-non-playing-expensive-deadwood-leaving-germans-and-young-bods-to-get-promoted-via-the-playoffs-this-season plan is going wonderfully!

That's my favourite sentence of 2018.

Us losing at Carrow Rd will be the cherry on the cake.
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 17:10 - Jan 16 with 3680 viewsWeirdFishes

Now they’ve lost Russel Martin.

Loan to Glasgow Rangers.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 3646 viewsswede

And Ipswich made sure that Man City didn't win the league by beating them 2-1 at Portman Road on 18 April 1972. I remember it well as it was my 14th birthday and I had a request birthday song played over the p.a. system!
I remember reading in the EADT the following day that one of the Man City players asked Mick Mills "why are you doing this to us"!!!
If they had beaten us, they would have won the title.
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 18:22 - Jan 16 with 3625 viewsDeano69

Fire? it was an accident, ohhh see what you mean

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 19:06 - Jan 16 with 3582 viewsCurrie10

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 13:31 - Jan 16 by Bluefish

Jerome is woeful

One of the most laughable posts I've read on here for a while and many come out with more drivel than I care to remember.

Of course he's not ' woeful ' - the play off semi with him bullying Smith will live with me a long time.

Very decent striker, at this level.
Cameron Jerome to Derby on 20:23 - Jan 16 with 3516 viewsFreddy

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 17:10 - Jan 16 by WeirdFishes

Now they’ve lost Russel Martin.

Loan to Glasgow Rangers.

Martin hasn't played for them this season from what I've read so they've hardly lost him to be fair ?
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:27 - Jan 16 with 3514 viewskingy4978

Cameron Jerome to Derby on 13:31 - Jan 16 by Bluefish

One of the locals was trying to tell me that he heard that we were in for him........there is zero chance but if we did sign him even I would be leading the protests against Mick and Marcus......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024