Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager - Longest ever game? 21:52 - Dec 7 with 4922 viewsDubtractor

I once made it to 2037 before losing interest, but this chap takes it to the next level.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2017/12/longest-ever-football-manager-g

Can anyone come close to this?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:06 - Dec 7 with 4868 viewsMaySixth

Do you think he has ever had sex?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:09 - Dec 7 with 4862 viewsStokieBlue

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:06 - Dec 7 by MaySixth

Last photo is like this:

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:14 - Dec 7 with 4845 viewsBlueBadger

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:06 - Dec 7 by MaySixth

I'm sure he has. Just never with company involved...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:51 - Dec 7 with 4796 viewsHerbivore

For a game that attempts to be realistic it's slightly odd that you can play on well into your 200s.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:57 - Dec 7 with 4788 viewsDubtractor

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:51 - Dec 7 by Herbivore

For a game that attempts to be realistic it's slightly odd that you can play on well into your 200s.

In fairness, those years are in the future, when anti ageing technology will likely have been invented.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 23:50 - Dec 7 with 4745 viewsfactual_blue

'He has played 14,381 matches, winning 10,997 of them and losing just 1,720 — a win percentage of 76'.

That's MM's successor sorted then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 07:44 - Dec 8 with 4622 viewstortoise

When I broke my leg really badly 19 years ago I played the 98 version until 2036, at which point the game told me it could no longer update data and just stopped!
Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 08:20 - Dec 8 with 4582 viewsHerbivore

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 22:57 - Dec 7 by Dubtractor

In fairness, those years are in the future, when anti ageing technology will likely have been invented.

Yes, fair point actually. Pretty sure the Tories are going to find a way to stop us all retiring until we're at least 260.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 08:23 - Dec 8 with 4576 viewsKieran_Knows

That's ridiculous, but fair play to him!

Currently in a save in FM17 where i'm in 2033. My longest save was back in FM14 (I think), where I reached something like 2045.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 08:41 - Dec 8 with 4550 viewsTIB

Bonkers. I have yet to finish a pre-season with Woodbridge in my FM16 save

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 09:02 - Dec 8 with 4536 viewssolemio

0 minutes
Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 12:16 - Dec 8 with 4442 viewsdavblue

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 08:23 - Dec 8 by Kieran_Knows

That's ridiculous, but fair play to him!

Currently in a save in FM17 where i'm in 2033. My longest save was back in FM14 (I think), where I reached something like 2045.

You need to get out more.

It's not even been out a month.

I've just finished season 2.
Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 12:19 - Dec 8 with 4433 viewsKieran_Knows

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 12:16 - Dec 8 by davblue

You need to get out more.

It's not even been out a month.

I've just finished season 2.

I haven't even got FM18?! I'm talking about last years version, which i'm still currently playing (or attempting to play as my laptop is shot to pieces).

Will get FM18 next year once I get a new laptop.

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 16:05 - Dec 8 with 4338 viewsdavblue

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 12:19 - Dec 8 by Kieran_Knows

I haven't even got FM18?! I'm talking about last years version, which i'm still currently playing (or attempting to play as my laptop is shot to pieces).

Will get FM18 next year once I get a new laptop.

haha, sorry!

Well done
Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 16:16 - Dec 8 with 4324 viewsitfcjoe

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 16:05 - Dec 8 by davblue

haha, sorry!

Well done

I'm well into my game - started a Youth Academy challenge with Dulwich hamlet and went like this

2017/18 - N/A
18/19 - Promoted from Vanaram South
19/20 - Promoted from Vanarama National
20/21 - Promoted from League 2
21/22 - Relegated from League 1
22/23 - Promoted from League 2

Pretty exciting time to be a Dulwich fan - am battling bravely v relegation in Feb 2024 and hope to stay in the same division for once!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 16:17 - Dec 8 with 4320 viewsKieran_Knows

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 16:05 - Dec 8 by davblue

haha, sorry!

Well done

Ha, no worries!

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 12:08 - May 1 with 1463 viewsLibero

I was just searching an appropriate existing thread to dump this on and this seems as suitable as any...

I am currently in the midst of a Goliath Football Manager save, I started it probably around January last year so It's actually on last years version of the game as I've been playing it and enjoying it for so long that it stopped me from purchasing this years.
Usually I lose interest in a file after 5/6 years but this game has just captured my imagination and I'm determined to make it last as long as possible.

So, for those who are sad enough to care let me present a brief (lol) overview of my current career.

2018/19 - Ipswich Town, 2nd, runners up in Championship
2019/20 - Ipswich Town, 16th in Premier League
2020/21 - Ipswich Town, 17th in Premier League
2021/22 - Ipswich Town, 8th in Premier League
2022/23 - Left Ipswich Town mid-season to save West Ham United from relegation, 17th in Premier League

2023/24 - Appointed Arsenal Manager, won Euro Super Cup and UEFA Cup

2024/25 - Appointed Real Madrid Manager, 1st in LaLiga, Spainish Cup winners, Spainish Charity Shield winners
2025/26 - Real Madrid, 1st in LaLiga

2026/27 - Resigned from Madrid mid-season after a disappointing start and interviewed for and was successful in getting the job as Norwich City manager...
1st Championship winners. *please note, I did apply to go back to Ipswich but was denied even an interview!*

2027/28 - Norwich City, 5th in Premier League

2027 - took up England Manager's position alongside Norwich City, winners of the Nations Cup, resigned from Norwich City this Summer.

2027/28 - Appointed Inter Milan Manager mid-season (alongside England job) - Inter were bottom of the league when I took over, finished 15th - Resigned at end of season.

2028 - European Championship Winners, England.

2028/29 - Appointed Fulham Manager mid season (alongside England job) - kept Fulham in the Championship, finished 16th. Resigned at end of season.

2029 - England, winners of Confederations Cup

2029/30 - Appointed Everton Manager (alongside England job) finish 1st in the Championship taking them back into the Premier League first time of asking.

2030 - England, Knocked out of World Cup in Semi Finals, Resigned before 3rd place playoff.

2030/31 - Everton, 4th in Premier League (7 points off title)

2031/32 - Jump ship from Everton to get back down south, joining Crystal Palace. Finished 20th in the Premier League, reputation in pieces, I'm sacked for first time in my career, struggling for a job.

2032/33 - FC Utrecht, finished 1st in the Dutch Premier League without losing a single game, invincibles!
2032 - During this season I'm asked to manage Holland's U23's at the Olympics, I fail to get out of the group stages.

2033/34 - I leave FC Utrecht a few games into the season after interviewing for the Ipswich Town job. I did before leaving however win the Dutch Charity shield.
Ipswich Town - 17th in Premier League, were 20th when I took over with a terrible squad.
2034/35 - Ipswich Town, 16th in Premier League
2035/36 - I leave Ipswich Town sitting in 7th with 10 games to go after an offer of crazy money from Chelsea. I want to win the Champions League and Premier League and feel they give me a good oppurtunity of doing this. Chelsea were 15th when I took over, finishing 7th in the Premier League, Ipswich finish 10th and win the FA Cup under new manager Jason Tindall.

2036/37 - Chelsea, I am 25 games into the Premier League season and am yet to lose a game! I'd say the title is pretty nailed on but I'd love to make it another invincible season.
Still in the UEFA Cup and will focus on winning the Champions League next season.

Already decided I will only leave for Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern or Ipswich. I have also considered a second stint as England Manager if it comes up as really want that World Cup win, just a bit hesitant due to it being all regen players now bar the odd 37/38 year old player - I have a veteran Declan Rice in his late 30's in my Chelsea squad and Kylian Mbappe but other than that they're all new players!

I doubt I will ever play Football Manager again after I'm done with this save.
Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 13:44 - May 1 with 1382 viewsitfcjoe

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 12:08 - May 1 by Libero

I was just searching an appropriate existing thread to dump this on and this seems as suitable as any...

I am currently in the midst of a Goliath Football Manager save, I started it probably around January last year so It's actually on last years version of the game as I've been playing it and enjoying it for so long that it stopped me from purchasing this years.
Usually I lose interest in a file after 5/6 years but this game has just captured my imagination and I'm determined to make it last as long as possible.

So, for those who are sad enough to care let me present a brief (lol) overview of my current career.

2018/19 - Ipswich Town, 2nd, runners up in Championship
2019/20 - Ipswich Town, 16th in Premier League
2020/21 - Ipswich Town, 17th in Premier League
2021/22 - Ipswich Town, 8th in Premier League
2022/23 - Left Ipswich Town mid-season to save West Ham United from relegation, 17th in Premier League

2023/24 - Appointed Arsenal Manager, won Euro Super Cup and UEFA Cup

2024/25 - Appointed Real Madrid Manager, 1st in LaLiga, Spainish Cup winners, Spainish Charity Shield winners
2025/26 - Real Madrid, 1st in LaLiga

2026/27 - Resigned from Madrid mid-season after a disappointing start and interviewed for and was successful in getting the job as Norwich City manager...
1st Championship winners. *please note, I did apply to go back to Ipswich but was denied even an interview!*

2027/28 - Norwich City, 5th in Premier League

2027 - took up England Manager's position alongside Norwich City, winners of the Nations Cup, resigned from Norwich City this Summer.

2027/28 - Appointed Inter Milan Manager mid-season (alongside England job) - Inter were bottom of the league when I took over, finished 15th - Resigned at end of season.

2028 - European Championship Winners, England.

2028/29 - Appointed Fulham Manager mid season (alongside England job) - kept Fulham in the Championship, finished 16th. Resigned at end of season.

2029 - England, winners of Confederations Cup

2029/30 - Appointed Everton Manager (alongside England job) finish 1st in the Championship taking them back into the Premier League first time of asking.

2030 - England, Knocked out of World Cup in Semi Finals, Resigned before 3rd place playoff.

2030/31 - Everton, 4th in Premier League (7 points off title)

2031/32 - Jump ship from Everton to get back down south, joining Crystal Palace. Finished 20th in the Premier League, reputation in pieces, I'm sacked for first time in my career, struggling for a job.

2032/33 - FC Utrecht, finished 1st in the Dutch Premier League without losing a single game, invincibles!
2032 - During this season I'm asked to manage Holland's U23's at the Olympics, I fail to get out of the group stages.

2033/34 - I leave FC Utrecht a few games into the season after interviewing for the Ipswich Town job. I did before leaving however win the Dutch Charity shield.
Ipswich Town - 17th in Premier League, were 20th when I took over with a terrible squad.
2034/35 - Ipswich Town, 16th in Premier League
2035/36 - I leave Ipswich Town sitting in 7th with 10 games to go after an offer of crazy money from Chelsea. I want to win the Champions League and Premier League and feel they give me a good oppurtunity of doing this. Chelsea were 15th when I took over, finishing 7th in the Premier League, Ipswich finish 10th and win the FA Cup under new manager Jason Tindall.

2036/37 - Chelsea, I am 25 games into the Premier League season and am yet to lose a game! I'd say the title is pretty nailed on but I'd love to make it another invincible season.
Still in the UEFA Cup and will focus on winning the Champions League next season.

Already decided I will only leave for Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern or Ipswich. I have also considered a second stint as England Manager if it comes up as really want that World Cup win, just a bit hesitant due to it being all regen players now bar the odd 37/38 year old player - I have a veteran Declan Rice in his late 30's in my Chelsea squad and Kylian Mbappe but other than that they're all new players!

I doubt I will ever play Football Manager again after I'm done with this save.

Norwich - urgh.

I’m currently 5 seasons into a Wrexham save where I am only signing Welsh players as a sort of Basque challenge

3 promotions in a row (all via play offs) then came 11th in Championship, but next season have finished 19th.....I’ll give it another season and see how I get on. I have no budget for fees or wages and it’s a real struggle in this league

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 14:10 - May 1 with 1340 viewsLibero

Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 13:44 - May 1 by itfcjoe

Norwich - urgh.

I’m currently 5 seasons into a Wrexham save where I am only signing Welsh players as a sort of Basque challenge

3 promotions in a row (all via play offs) then came 11th in Championship, but next season have finished 19th.....I’ll give it another season and see how I get on. I have no budget for fees or wages and it’s a real struggle in this league

I was waiting for someone to point that out :')
What can I say? I wanted to come home to East Anglia but Evans wasn't interested, still bitter about how I left the first time round I think.
When I later returned to Ipswich Evans was long gone and a chap from Lithuania was the club owner.

That sounds tricky but decent, nothing better than feeling like you've developed a little identity for your club.

I remember years ago telling you that whenever the game becomes more regen than real world I get a bit disinterested but this save has turned that opinion right around.
I've loved developing the youth team re-gens in my save, I've had some absolute belters!
I'm also always way under budget which keeps the board on side and enables me to go out and make big purchases when I need to. I remember signing Gavin Bazunu for Ipswich for £40 million, it was more than my previous two seasons transfers combined but the board didn't bat an eye lid.

I've also noticed that wherever I go I tend to sign a few players from my previous club, I certainly always try to go back for members of staff too.
Harry Wright just retired in my game but he's been my second/third choice goalkeeper at every club I've been at, although at Madrid he played in the B team.
I even gave him a bloody England cap as despite being nowhere close in terms of stats he was good enough with his feet to make him a fair option as all my teams play with an attacking sweeper keeper.
I was gutted when he retired and showed no interest in coaching, I'd have happily slot him into a goalkeeper coaching role.

Ethan Ampadu is another who's followed me around a bit - had him on loan every season I was at Ipswich first time round, then signed him for Arsenal, Norwich, Everton, Ipswich again and then back to Chelsea aged 36 where he's cover and U18's coach.
Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 14:31 - May 1 with 1302 viewsbrazil1982

May I ask, I haven't played CM / FM for many years, is there an option to playin"classic" mode, ie a 2003 interface? Thanks.
Football Manager - Longest ever game? on 15:01 - May 1 with 1264 viewssyntaxerror

Was beaten last year: 333 seasons.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/397246-longest-single-game-of

And another one: Someone simmed it for 1000 years in 2015.
We won the league 6 times during that period, and were in the Premiership for 230 seasons.

https://www.shortlist.com/news/man-runs-football-manager-for-1000-years-and-shef
[Post edited 1 May 2020 15:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024