Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh i love this country 10:42 - Dec 5 with 25161 viewsFrimleyBlue

Rent up another £10 a week
Commuting up another 3.5%

Now, what are the odds of my salary going up.........

Disclaimer........ not saying any other country would be any different, but just laughing with a colleague about it

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Oh i love this country on 17:46 - Dec 5 with 4766 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh i love this country on 17:42 - Dec 5 by ipswich78

Tech jobs are massively on the increase in the UK... So hugely disagree with you on that one.

Yes and no. The jobs are in management and you need the tech underpinnings to do them. In my experience there are more jobs but they’re all going to Indians now as we have virtually stopped recruiting from the uk for the junior tech positions to build the skills
Oh i love this country on 17:49 - Dec 5 with 4756 viewsHerbivore

Oh i love this country on 17:33 - Dec 5 by lowhouseblue

how does a policy seeking to redistribute opportunities 'reinforce structural inequality'?? that's nonsense.

if opportunities are more equally distributed then the distribution of outcomes will also change, but that is very different from saying that you want equality of outcomes. equality of outcomes implies a totalitarian state.

Which policies promote equality of opportunity in a genuinely meaningful way without also seeking to redistribute wealth or resources?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oh i love this country on 18:22 - Dec 5 with 4741 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 17:24 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Not fully, although it's closer than Russia and China were. Cuba was never likely to do brilliantly as such a small island nation on its own so it's not really a great example though and for all of their issues their literacy rates and infant mortality rates are much better than many other Latin American countries and in fact their infant mortality rate is lower than the U.S. Those are significant achievements given the sanctions they've had to exist under over the past 60 years.

Never mind the torture of political opponents by a ruthless dictatorship, as long as literacy and infant mortality rates are maintained. There’s your advert for Marxism.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Oh i love this country on 18:59 - Dec 5 with 4725 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh i love this country on 18:22 - Dec 5 by blue_oyster

Never mind the torture of political opponents by a ruthless dictatorship, as long as literacy and infant mortality rates are maintained. There’s your advert for Marxism.

Why are we even talking about Marxism? That's the binary thinking again.

Pronouns: He/Him

Oh i love this country on 19:03 - Dec 5 with 4717 viewslowhouseblue

Oh i love this country on 17:49 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Which policies promote equality of opportunity in a genuinely meaningful way without also seeking to redistribute wealth or resources?

you seem to have shifted from 'equality of outcomes' to 'redistribute wealth or resources'.

that's a very sensible repositioning. equality of outcomes is clearly nonsense.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Oh i love this country on 19:05 - Dec 5 with 4709 viewslowhouseblue

Oh i love this country on 18:59 - Dec 5 by Darth_Koont

what other system proposes the 'equality of outcomes' you preach?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Oh i love this country on 19:16 - Dec 5 with 4703 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh i love this country on 17:24 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Not fully, although it's closer than Russia and China were. Cuba was never likely to do brilliantly as such a small island nation on its own so it's not really a great example though and for all of their issues their literacy rates and infant mortality rates are much better than many other Latin American countries and in fact their infant mortality rate is lower than the U.S. Those are significant achievements given the sanctions they've had to exist under over the past 60 years.

They had a great health service that was completely paid for by Russia in order to maintain a communist state in US waters.... so that doesn’t count
Oh i love this country on 19:16 - Dec 5 with 4700 viewsHerbivore

Oh i love this country on 19:03 - Dec 5 by lowhouseblue

you seem to have shifted from 'equality of outcomes' to 'redistribute wealth or resources'.

that's a very sensible repositioning. equality of outcomes is clearly nonsense.

Equality of outcomes is your language, not mine. So which policies promote meaningful equality of opportunity without material redistribution?

Login to get fewer ads

Oh i love this country on 19:18 - Dec 5 with 4694 viewsHerbivore

Oh i love this country on 19:16 - Dec 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

They had a great health service that was completely paid for by Russia in order to maintain a communist state in US waters.... so that doesn’t count

Why not? Communism was always meant to be a global movement.

Oh i love this country on 21:30 - Dec 5 with 4653 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 18:59 - Dec 5 by Darth_Koont

You constantly espouse the ideology, and don’t even realise you’re doing it. This is not uncommon though.

Oh i love this country on 21:33 - Dec 5 with 4650 viewsHerbivore

Oh i love this country on 21:30 - Dec 5 by blue_oyster

You constantly espouse the ideology, and don’t even realise you’re doing it. This is not uncommon though.

Where has he done so? How much Marx have you read, out of interest?

Oh i love this country on 21:41 - Dec 5 with 4644 viewsBackToRussia

Oh i love this country on 21:33 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Where has he done so? How much Marx have you read, out of interest?

Ah no, this is "cultural Marxism". No one is immune to it! You don't even need to read Marx, it's in the air!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Oh i love this country on 01:18 - Dec 6 with 4608 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh i love this country on 19:18 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Why not? Communism was always meant to be a global movement.

Yeah, tell that to the Russian people who live with no healthcare other than that which doctors provide voluntarily. Tell that to the millions dying in agony. And then talk some sh1te on the internet about equality you massive .....
Oh i love this country on 01:20 - Dec 6 with 4606 viewsBackToRussia

Oh i love this country on 01:18 - Dec 6 by FrowsyArmLarry

Yeah, tell that to the Russian people who live with no healthcare other than that which doctors provide voluntarily. Tell that to the millions dying in agony. And then talk some sh1te on the internet about equality you massive .....

Are there no people dying of hunger now then? Places where capitalist exploitation happens hand in hand with famine and disease? No?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Oh i love this country on 01:24 - Dec 6 with 4603 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh i love this country on 01:20 - Dec 6 by BackToRussia

Are there no people dying of hunger now then? Places where capitalist exploitation happens hand in hand with famine and disease? No?

Where?
Oh i love this country on 07:47 - Dec 6 with 4542 viewsHerbivore

Oh i love this country on 01:18 - Dec 6 by FrowsyArmLarry

Someone has gone off on a tangent. There were many reasons why communism wasn't successful in Russia and no doubt some of their leaders were despicable human beings who did awful things. Using that as an argument against equality though is frankly bizarre. It wasn't a belief in equality that motivated genocide and led to famine, mate.

EDIT: When you talk about people with no health care you could just as easily be talking about the U.S., which has minimal provision for those who couldn't afford health insurance. They are looking to repeal legislation that made health insurance more affordable for poor people. Damn equality in the U.S., causing people to lose out on health care. Equality is so evil. The U.S. is directly and indirectly responsible for thousands of deaths throughout the globe through instigating or supporting conflicts that maintain its interests. They're the only nation to have used a nuclear weapon, they used napalm against Vietnamese civilians, they've used chemical weapons and used depleted uranium in their munitions in the Gulf War. If only the pesky U.S. didn't cling on to a misguided belief in equality I'm sure none of this would ever have happened.

In short, you're a fool.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 7:56]

Oh i love this country on 08:01 - Dec 6 with 4530 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Oh i love this country on 10:50 - Dec 5 by J2BLUE

Rent up? I have no sympathy. It's only an issue for those too lazy and unmotivated to move to Burnley.

Could always move to Brierfield. Houses for 20K in Brierfield.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Oh i love this country on 08:58 - Dec 6 with 4505 viewsDanTheMan

Oh i love this country on 17:46 - Dec 5 by FrowsyArmLarry

Yes and no. The jobs are in management and you need the tech underpinnings to do them. In my experience there are more jobs but they’re all going to Indians now as we have virtually stopped recruiting from the uk for the junior tech positions to build the skills

I have the complete opposite experience of this. Most places I've been to are desperate for more developers but finding good ones is really difficult for a number of reasons.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 8:58]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Oh i love this country on 17:22 - Dec 6 with 4451 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh i love this country on 07:47 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

Someone has gone off on a tangent. There were many reasons why communism wasn't successful in Russia and no doubt some of their leaders were despicable human beings who did awful things. Using that as an argument against equality though is frankly bizarre. It wasn't a belief in equality that motivated genocide and led to famine, mate.

EDIT: When you talk about people with no health care you could just as easily be talking about the U.S., which has minimal provision for those who couldn't afford health insurance. They are looking to repeal legislation that made health insurance more affordable for poor people. Damn equality in the U.S., causing people to lose out on health care. Equality is so evil. The U.S. is directly and indirectly responsible for thousands of deaths throughout the globe through instigating or supporting conflicts that maintain its interests. They're the only nation to have used a nuclear weapon, they used napalm against Vietnamese civilians, they've used chemical weapons and used depleted uranium in their munitions in the Gulf War. If only the pesky U.S. didn't cling on to a misguided belief in equality I'm sure none of this would ever have happened.

In short, you're a fool.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2017 7:56]

What were you whittering on about here? I never mentioned the US.

You stated that Cuba was a successful communist state because, although small, they had some fantastic achievements i.e. a low infant mortality rate.
I pointed out that there health service was not of their own making. There isn't anything else that needs to be said.
Oh i love this country on 17:33 - Dec 6 with 4447 viewsHerbivore

Oh i love this country on 17:22 - Dec 6 by FrowsyArmLarry

What were you whittering on about here? I never mentioned the US.

You stated that Cuba was a successful communist state because, although small, they had some fantastic achievements i.e. a low infant mortality rate.
I pointed out that there health service was not of their own making. There isn't anything else that needs to be said.

I didn't say they were a successful communist state, I pointed out two areas where their basic quality of life indicators greatly exceed their neighbours. That's a simple fact. Not sure what you pointing out cooperation between communist states has to do with anything, you then went on an odd rant about dead Russians and managed to link that to equality somehow. You're a bit odd, I must say.

Oh i love this country on 17:41 - Dec 6 with 4437 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh i love this country on 17:33 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

I didn't say they were a successful communist state, I pointed out two areas where their basic quality of life indicators greatly exceed their neighbours. That's a simple fact. Not sure what you pointing out cooperation between communist states has to do with anything, you then went on an odd rant about dead Russians and managed to link that to equality somehow. You're a bit odd, I must say.

The quality of life indicators you mentioned are subsidised by russia, so not a real indicator of quality of life.

You can't say they are part of a 'global family' to justify that when the russians don't provide healthcare for their own people.
Oh i love this country on 17:51 - Dec 6 with 4425 viewsBackToRussia

Oh i love this country on 01:24 - Dec 6 by FrowsyArmLarry

Where?

Haha Jesus. Let's just list one. DR Congo.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Oh i love this country on 20:19 - Dec 6 with 4407 viewsHerbivore

Oh i love this country on 17:41 - Dec 6 by FrowsyArmLarry

The quality of life indicators you mentioned are subsidised by russia, so not a real indicator of quality of life.

You can't say they are part of a 'global family' to justify that when the russians don't provide healthcare for their own people.

You're all over the shop.

Oh i love this country on 21:06 - Dec 6 with 4390 viewsbrendanh

If you voted Brexit, you've no-one to blame but yourself. Do you think inflation would be at 3% if we were remaining?
Oh i love this country on 21:09 - Dec 6 with 4385 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 21:06 - Dec 6 by brendanh

If you voted Brexit, you've no-one to blame but yourself. Do you think inflation would be at 3% if we were remaining?

The economy was supposed to have already crashed. Mysteriously, the footsie has hit a record level, despite the ‘expert’ predictions of the remoaners.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024