Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh i love this country 10:42 - Dec 5 with 25162 viewsFrimleyBlue

Rent up another £10 a week
Commuting up another 3.5%

Now, what are the odds of my salary going up.........

Disclaimer........ not saying any other country would be any different, but just laughing with a colleague about it

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Oh i love this country on 22:44 - Dec 6 with 4700 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oh i love this country on 21:09 - Dec 6 by blue_oyster

The economy was supposed to have already crashed. Mysteriously, the footsie has hit a record level, despite the ‘expert’ predictions of the remoaners.

There is no link between the strength of the real economy and the level of the ftse but you probably already know that when it suits you !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Oh i love this country on 08:53 - Dec 7 with 4639 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 22:44 - Dec 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

There is no link between the strength of the real economy and the level of the ftse but you probably already know that when it suits you !

Is the FTSE not the real economy? Is there a fake one we're not aware of?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Oh i love this country on 11:39 - Dec 7 with 4616 viewsbrendanh

Oh i love this country on 21:09 - Dec 6 by blue_oyster

The economy was supposed to have already crashed. Mysteriously, the footsie has hit a record level, despite the ‘expert’ predictions of the remoaners.

Relatively, economy has crashed. Before ref we were near top of EU GDP growth table. Now we're bottom. How's the real-terms drop in earnings treating you? Got your country back yet? Taken back control?
Oh i love this country on 11:41 - Dec 7 with 4609 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 11:39 - Dec 7 by brendanh

Relatively, economy has crashed. Before ref we were near top of EU GDP growth table. Now we're bottom. How's the real-terms drop in earnings treating you? Got your country back yet? Taken back control?

Ah, 'relatively'. That word you use when you want to ignore facts. There are many measures you can use to comment on the state of the economy, but by no means can you state it has 'crashed', when the Footsie is at record levels.

Oh i love this country on 13:19 - Dec 7 with 4554 viewsbrendanh

Oh i love this country on 11:41 - Dec 7 by blue_oyster

Ah, 'relatively'. That word you use when you want to ignore facts. There are many measures you can use to comment on the state of the economy, but by no means can you state it has 'crashed', when the Footsie is at record levels.

Most companies in FTSE have assets denominated in dollars. Dollars have risen because of the Brexsh!t pound crash. Also FTSE comprises multinationals who are enjoying the booming global economy. Hence the FTSE appreciation does not indicate UK economy's heath.

Foreign investment is down, companies reporting difficulty recruiting. Corporate and govt institutions are relocating to the mainland. Please inform us all the signs the UK economy is in glowing health (that are more important than us being bottom of EU GDP table).

Is it all worth it to swap the directly elected Euro Parliament, the mostly directly elected Euro Council and the indirectly elected Euro Commission, with the House of Lords, the Privy Council, the monarchy and the City of London Corporation? Taking back control actually means the opposite - less democratic legitimacy.
Oh i love this country on 13:30 - Dec 7 with 4538 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 13:19 - Dec 7 by brendanh

Most companies in FTSE have assets denominated in dollars. Dollars have risen because of the Brexsh!t pound crash. Also FTSE comprises multinationals who are enjoying the booming global economy. Hence the FTSE appreciation does not indicate UK economy's heath.

Foreign investment is down, companies reporting difficulty recruiting. Corporate and govt institutions are relocating to the mainland. Please inform us all the signs the UK economy is in glowing health (that are more important than us being bottom of EU GDP table).

Is it all worth it to swap the directly elected Euro Parliament, the mostly directly elected Euro Council and the indirectly elected Euro Commission, with the House of Lords, the Privy Council, the monarchy and the City of London Corporation? Taking back control actually means the opposite - less democratic legitimacy.

I'm not saying that the economy is in glowing health, sweetie, so I don't think I need to inform you of what that would be the case. I'm pointing out that it hasn't 'crashed'. Do you see?

Oh i love this country on 13:41 - Dec 7 with 4522 viewsbrendanh

Oh i love this country on 13:30 - Dec 7 by blue_oyster

I'm not saying that the economy is in glowing health, sweetie, so I don't think I need to inform you of what that would be the case. I'm pointing out that it hasn't 'crashed'. Do you see?

Leave the EU: our economy won't crash - it'll just be the worst performing in Europe :-)

I don't remember this on the side of the bus.
Oh i love this country on 13:44 - Dec 7 with 4517 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 13:41 - Dec 7 by brendanh

Leave the EU: our economy won't crash - it'll just be the worst performing in Europe :-)

I don't remember this on the side of the bus.

You seem to think that I was a fan of the Leave campaign, which I was not.

Login to get fewer ads

Oh i love this country on 14:11 - Dec 7 with 4496 viewsbrendanh

Oh i love this country on 13:44 - Dec 7 by blue_oyster

You seem to think that I was a fan of the Leave campaign, which I was not.

You are a fan of leave in the cause of liberty. Restricting our freedom to continue nearly half our trade will have the opposite result. Don't tell me, we'll make up for it by importing chlorinated beef from USA, opening immigration floodgates from India to allow free trade with them, having zero corporation tax and ending welfare & the NHS. Great plan.

What you don't understand is, we and the rest of the EU have demonstrated these past 60 years that it's possible to be rich capitalists without being so b&stardly cut-throat about it. Prioritising trade with democratic countries that have minimum standards of employment rights, health & safety, human rights, rule of law, freedom of speech, protection of minorities etc isn't just that this is the best ethical strategy for the good of humanity (in a world mostly without these things) - it's economically prudent.
Oh i love this country on 14:31 - Dec 7 with 4480 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 14:11 - Dec 7 by brendanh

You are a fan of leave in the cause of liberty. Restricting our freedom to continue nearly half our trade will have the opposite result. Don't tell me, we'll make up for it by importing chlorinated beef from USA, opening immigration floodgates from India to allow free trade with them, having zero corporation tax and ending welfare & the NHS. Great plan.

What you don't understand is, we and the rest of the EU have demonstrated these past 60 years that it's possible to be rich capitalists without being so b&stardly cut-throat about it. Prioritising trade with democratic countries that have minimum standards of employment rights, health & safety, human rights, rule of law, freedom of speech, protection of minorities etc isn't just that this is the best ethical strategy for the good of humanity (in a world mostly without these things) - it's economically prudent.

Am I indeed? Just a shame that the 'humanity' that you speak of has resulted in record amounts of crime, broken families and mental illness, and designed a way to ignore it and to rail against the people who point it out. I hope you're proud.

Oh i love this country on 15:47 - Dec 7 with 4460 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh i love this country on 14:31 - Dec 7 by blue_oyster

Am I indeed? Just a shame that the 'humanity' that you speak of has resulted in record amounts of crime, broken families and mental illness, and designed a way to ignore it and to rail against the people who point it out. I hope you're proud.

Haha! Brendan's destroying you.

By the look of him, changing the subject probably isn't going to help you.

Pronouns: He/Him

Oh i love this country on 16:02 - Dec 7 with 4441 viewsblue_oyster

Oh i love this country on 15:47 - Dec 7 by Darth_Koont

Haha! Brendan's destroying you.

By the look of him, changing the subject probably isn't going to help you.

Haha, if only. When he realised he was railing against an opinion I didn't hold, he went on another diatribe about how the EU has saved humanity. It was an easy rebuttal.

Oh i love this country on 16:07 - Dec 7 with 4430 viewsbrazil1982

Ending the NHS? what on earth are you blithering about?
Oh i love this country on 16:18 - Dec 7 with 4423 viewsbraveblue

Oh i love this country on 12:24 - Dec 5 by Darth_Koont

It's amazing now to think that in the couple of decades after the Second World War we were at the forefront of social reform and progressive thinking.

Then in the late 70s/early 80s we started abandoning all that for Reaganomics and the tyranny of "personal liberty". With equality suddenly seen as the sort of dirty, radical word it was in the Victorian era. All of which has seen us go into reverse, and largely overtaken by our Western European neighbours some of whom have nowhere near the human and natural resources we have.

Put simply, liberty and equality are at odds and need to be kept in balance if we want a better and happier society with hope for future generations and security for the sick, old and otherwise needy. And that's what proper governments and politicians do.

Zombie or sleepwalker, you're right that we're just shuffling along, heading nowhere in particular.

But doing much better than most of the rest of the world!!
Oh i love this country on 16:23 - Dec 7 with 4416 viewsNo9

I don't think the little Englanders understand how well the capitalists in the EU are doing.
Oh i love this country on 17:34 - Dec 7 with 4394 viewsmanchego

Oh i love this country on 16:07 - Dec 7 by brazil1982

Ending the NHS? what on earth are you blithering about?

he's 'blithering' on about the fact that the Tories want to destroy the NHS or have you been on holiday ?
Oh i love this country on 17:41 - Dec 7 with 4386 viewsNo9

Oh i love this country on 08:53 - Dec 7 by blue_oyster

Is the FTSE not the real economy? Is there a fake one we're not aware of?

Are you taking the pi$$
Oh i love this country on 20:01 - Dec 7 with 4360 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh i love this country on 16:18 - Dec 7 by braveblue

But doing much better than most of the rest of the world!!

Wow! Care to mention a European nation that isn't?

Yet within Europe we're propping up the table on many social, health and education metrics ... oddly enough the stuff that costs money and a proper government to support.

Oh i love this country on 20:19 - Dec 7 with 4352 viewsbrazil1982

Oh i love this country on 17:34 - Dec 7 by manchego

he's 'blithering' on about the fact that the Tories want to destroy the NHS or have you been on holiday ?

Oh yeh my mistake, I forgot the Tories' manifesto pledge to destroy the NHS.
Oh i love this country on 20:30 - Dec 7 with 4343 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Oh i love this country on 20:01 - Dec 7 by Darth_Koont

Wow! Care to mention a European nation that isn't?

Yet within Europe we're propping up the table on many social, health and education metrics ... oddly enough the stuff that costs money and a proper government to support.

We don't have any money and whats left will evaporate in the next thirty years
Oh i love this country on 23:22 - Dec 7 with 4295 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh i love this country on 20:30 - Dec 7 by FrowsyArmLarry

We don't have any money and whats left will evaporate in the next thirty years

Well, that's rubbish. We just choose to spend it on other stuff or hand out tax cuts.

Oh i love this country on 00:41 - Dec 8 with 4276 viewsKeaneish

...Or maybe diversify to meet changing needs and demands rather than resting with what you have? Pretty sure evolution has done this for thousands of years so why would this situation require any different an approach?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024