Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10k in 56.27.... 3 mins quicker than the other time I attempted it. 20:33 - Jul 21 with 18659 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, I know, look at me etc....

But after a major health scare in the family in recent months, it made me realise how important being fit and healthy is and that I was taking it for granted.... being virtually 16 stone and a complete couch potato wasn't really particularly fit or healthy, so I decided to do something about it. Lost a stone and feel fitter, so all good.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

10k in 56.27.... 3 mins quicker than the other time I attempted it. on 13:51 - Jul 24 with 492 viewsTractorWood

10k in 56.27.... 3 mins quicker than the other time I attempted it. on 13:45 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

Thanks for these - I have a Fitbit Charge which doesn't help much with the running. I just don't want to shell out a load on something which I'll end up giving up in a few months as I normally do.

That garmin 235 looks great, but is probably a bit over specced for someone like me but will have a look at that guy

The forerunners 235 and 35 (might have undersold the 35 a bit) are proper running bits of kit.

The fitbit is more of all rounder activity tracker. I have a charge 2 for the gym and think it's great but it's lack of non-connected gps is where it falls down for running.

The game changer for me is the forerunner's live tracking of your minutes per mile pace, I just set off at a pace I pre calculate for the distance I'm running and try not to deviate too much ie speed up if I'm slower than 9:00 minutes a mile or slow down if I torn away at 7 minute miles at the start of a park run. Simple but so powerful.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

10k in 56.27.... 3 mins quicker than the other time I attempted it. on 14:00 - Jul 24 with 482 viewsitfcjoe

10k in 56.27.... 3 mins quicker than the other time I attempted it. on 13:51 - Jul 24 by TractorWood

The forerunners 235 and 35 (might have undersold the 35 a bit) are proper running bits of kit.

The fitbit is more of all rounder activity tracker. I have a charge 2 for the gym and think it's great but it's lack of non-connected gps is where it falls down for running.

The game changer for me is the forerunner's live tracking of your minutes per mile pace, I just set off at a pace I pre calculate for the distance I'm running and try not to deviate too much ie speed up if I'm slower than 9:00 minutes a mile or slow down if I torn away at 7 minute miles at the start of a park run. Simple but so powerful.

That sounds perfect - I'll have a hunt on eBay for one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024