Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 11:15 - Jul 24 with 3188 viewschicoazul

Which as we all know is a centre halves number AND NOT a midfielder or full back number.

Still a bit gutted on that basis to see Chambers has 4 but i'll tolerate it for now.

And 9 is still free!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 2618 viewsKieran_Knows

As like many of our squad, I think Chambers preference is 4, as he has worn at previous clubs. But agree though, that is a central midfielders number!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 2613 viewschicoazul

Wow Kevin Bru really upset the applecart didnt he?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:17 - Jul 24 with 2600 viewsLankHenners

I'm kinda disappointed there hasn't been a 'Gerken is no. 1 does that mean he's first choice 'keeper and Bart is off???!!!!' blub thread.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Yep, holding midfielder..... on 11:17 - Jul 24 with 2589 viewsBloots

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:16 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

As like many of our squad, I think Chambers preference is 4, as he has worn at previous clubs. But agree though, that is a central midfielders number!

....obviously replacing Skuse.

Makes sense.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:18 - Jul 24 with 2578 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:16 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

I always saw 4 and 5 as central defence, and 6 and 8 as central mid in a 442.

Obv depends on formation etc.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:19 - Jul 24 with 2580 viewsJ2BLUE

When our #1 keeper is given the number 33 it really does show how meaningless the squad numbers are. I never understand people waiting for them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:19 - Jul 24 with 2574 viewschicoazul

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:17 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

I'm kinda disappointed there hasn't been a 'Gerken is no. 1 does that mean he's first choice 'keeper and Bart is off???!!!!' blub thread.

Bart supposedly likes 33 because it looks like 'BB'. I know, I know, I dont get it either.

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:20 - Jul 24 with 2565 viewsKieran_Knows

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:18 - Jul 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

5 & 6 for central defenders for me, with 4 & 8 as the centre midfielders. 2 right back, 3 left back, 11 and 7 for wingers and 9/10 for strikers.

That's how I've always viewed it anyway!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

The best response I've seen so far is..... on 11:21 - Jul 24 with 2551 viewsBloots

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:17 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

...."Shouldn't have bothered, we were sh*te against Gillingham, wish I hadn't gone".

Classic.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:23 - Jul 24 with 2532 viewschicoazul

6 is a centre halves number. Baresei, Butcher, Bobby Moore, David Linighan. All the greats wore 6.

EDIT: and of course I have overlooked your egregious statement of 4 as a defender number. No way is 4 a defender. 4 is a centre midfielder or at a pinch maybe a wide player. This is the law.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 11:25]

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:25 - Jul 24 with 2509 viewschicoazul

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:20 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

5 & 6 for central defenders for me, with 4 & 8 as the centre midfielders. 2 right back, 3 left back, 11 and 7 for wingers and 9/10 for strikers.

This is the correct opinion.

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:27 - Jul 24 with 2488 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:20 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

I agree with the rest, just not 4 and 6. But I dont really remember watching much footy before squad numbers.

...my view is probably based on teams I have played for.... which probably isnt a very good reference point!!

You're probably right.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:29 - Jul 24 with 2472 viewsclive_baker

6 central midfield? You absolute pervert.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:30 - Jul 24 with 2455 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:23 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

6 is a centre halves number. Baresei, Butcher, Bobby Moore, David Linighan. All the greats wore 6.

EDIT: and of course I have overlooked your egregious statement of 4 as a defender number. No way is 4 a defender. 4 is a centre midfielder or at a pinch maybe a wide player. This is the law.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 11:25]

Very opposing views on the meaning of numbers 4 and 6 within a team then.. which I didn't realise was a thing.

I have always thought that Centre Backs should wear 4 & 5 and then central midfield have 6 & 8

Maybe it depends on how your manager in whichever youth team you played for organised it, I know I like the idea of numbers I - 5 being kept within the back 4 and keeper
YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:30 - Jul 24 with 2452 viewsJ2BLUE

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:29 - Jul 24 by clive_baker

Agree. Madness.

Truly impaired.

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:32 - Jul 24 with 2439 viewschicoazul

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:27 - Jul 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree with the rest, just not 4 and 6. But I dont really remember watching much footy before squad numbers.

...my view is probably based on teams I have played for.... which probably isnt a very good reference point!!

You're probably right.

2 is the right back and 3 is the left back. Those are cast iron.
5 and 6 are definitively CB numbers although in a pinch 5 can sometimes be a CM. 4 is not a CB but it can be but it must not be anything else. 4 is also acceptable for your Mick Stockwell 'play anywhere' type.
8 is a CM. 7, 10 and 11 are versatile attacking numbers which I accept are utilitarian. 7 can be a wide player, forward, 9 or 10 and sometimes a CM. 11 definitely cant be a CM or a 9 but it can be a 10. 10 is a 10 or a 7 or 11 but not a 9 as that doesnt work. Don't get all Gary Lineker on me, 10 is not your point of the sword.
9 is only a CF. Fact.

Clear?

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:32 - Jul 24 with 2435 viewschicoazul

Correct.

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:34 - Jul 24 with 2419 viewschicoazul

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:19 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

When our #1 keeper is given the number 33 it really does show how meaningless the squad numbers are. I never understand people waiting for them.

Bart wears 33 because it looks like BB.

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:39 - Jul 24 with 2382 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:32 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

2 is the right back and 3 is the left back. Those are cast iron.
5 and 6 are definitively CB numbers although in a pinch 5 can sometimes be a CM. 4 is not a CB but it can be but it must not be anything else. 4 is also acceptable for your Mick Stockwell 'play anywhere' type.
8 is a CM. 7, 10 and 11 are versatile attacking numbers which I accept are utilitarian. 7 can be a wide player, forward, 9 or 10 and sometimes a CM. 11 definitely cant be a CM or a 9 but it can be a 10. 10 is a 10 or a 7 or 11 but not a 9 as that doesnt work. Don't get all Gary Lineker on me, 10 is not your point of the sword.
9 is only a CF. Fact.

Clear?

The only point of 'dispute' was 4 and 6.

The best response I've seen so far is..... on 11:39 - Jul 24 with 2383 viewsLankHenners

The best response I've seen so far is..... on 11:21 - Jul 24 by Bloots

...."Shouldn't have bothered, we were sh*te against Gillingham, wish I hadn't gone".

Classic.

That's a good one. I've seen someone try to claim that Bru not being given a squad number but playing on Saturday is poor from the club and is a valid stick to beat them with.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 11:40]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Blame the worlds most expensive player, not me... on 11:59 - Jul 24 with 2302 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 12:00 - Jul 24 with 2275 viewshomer_123

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:34 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

Well...he's an idiot then as it clear looks like 33.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 12:02 - Jul 24 with 2264 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:30 - Jul 24 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Very opposing views on the meaning of numbers 4 and 6 within a team then.. which I didn't realise was a thing.

I have always thought that Centre Backs should wear 4 & 5 and then central midfield have 6 & 8

Maybe it depends on how your manager in whichever youth team you played for organised it, I know I like the idea of numbers I - 5 being kept within the back 4 and keeper

Agreed, that was my view.

But I do think the opposing view is probably more commonly held.

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 12:06 - Jul 24 with 2245 viewsJ2BLUE

YES WEBSTER IS NUMBER 6 on 11:34 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

I'm not criticising the numbers. Just pointing out they are meaningless for guessing the team.

Truly impaired.

Blame the worlds most expensive player, not me... on 12:07 - Jul 24 with 2246 viewschicoazul

Blame the worlds most expensive player, not me... on 11:59 - Jul 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

So annoying. And he isnt even a proper central midfielder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024